Bring Your Sidearms To The Banks of the Potomac.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bring Your Sidearms To The Banks of the Potomac.

Postby barracuda » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:36 am

Setting the stage for a false flag? Sounds like the Three Percenters are trying to turn up the heat:

Bring Your Sidearms and Longarms To The Banks of the Potomac

Restore the Constitution Open-Carry Rally -- 4/19/10 -- Fort Hunt National Park, VA

Mission: The mission of the “Restore the Constitution” rally is that it be held at a firearms carry-legal location as close to DC as possible and that it attracts as many participants as possible in order to underscore the seriousness and urgency of a simple message:

Restore the Constitution!

When: 9AM-5PM, April 19th, 2010 (Monday)

Where: Ft. Hunt National Park, Northern VA

What: “Restore the Constitution” rally/ Muster Outside D.C.

Details: Staging area will be Ft. Hunt National Park, located about 12 miles south of DC. Participants will gather there, and a speaking program will be provided. From there, participants will have the opportunity to travel in small convoys up to Gravelly Point Park so they can “step up to the edge.” Gravelly Point Park is right on the Potomac, about a mile from the National Mall in DC.

Pistol loaded, openly carried. Rifle unloaded, slung to rear. Bandoleer of magazines containing ammo. All in accordance with rules below. Please note that guidelines below are subject to final coordination with the Department of the Interior:

Anyone prohibited from possessing a firearm by state or federal law may not possess a firearm at this event.

Participants and attendees may not bring any firearm prohibited by state or federal law.

1. ALL rifles and shotguns carried by participants at this event are to be unloaded (chamber empty, no magazine inserted, no ammo inside the rifle or shotgun, no ammo touching the rifle or shotgun whatsoever) and slung to the rear or to the side, away from the hands.

Although the law does allow for carry of some types of loaded rifles and some types of shotguns in some circumstances, our guidelines are simpler and more strict due to the relative novelty of this event and the high level of attention it is likely to receive from law enforcement, government, and the media.

2. While we do ask that your rifles and shotguns be unloaded, you are perfectly welcome to carry ammunition and loaded magazines on your person if you so choose, so long as no magazines are actually inserted into rifles and so long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm.

3. Open carry of a loaded pistol is allowed. Concealed carry of a pistol is allowed for those with a valid Virginia concealed handgun permit or a concealed handgun permit from a state for which Virginia allows concealed carry in Virginia (See the Virginia State Police’s website for a list of those states; we do not vouch for the authenticity or accuracy of that list).

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Bring Your Sidearms To The Banks of the Potomac.

Postby norton ash » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 am

After all, April 19 is OKC and the Burning of Waco day.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby nathan28 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am

Can I run my own false-flag (noble lie, but really, a nightmare that tells the truth) and call this a racist Keyword Hijack on the Black Panters by way of the Five Percenters?

„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby anothershamus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:24 am

yeah, I want to be around a crowd of armed emotional people. I think I will pass on that one!

)'(
anothershamus

Postby anothershamus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 am

Oh! I always thought it was In the name of Allan.
)'(
anothershamus

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:36 am

go for it, power to the people

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby operator kos » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:24 am

Funny. I happen to think that all sentient beings have a right to live and a right to defend themselves. In modern human society, that means owning a gun. It always baffles me how the right to self-defense isn't included in liberals' concerns over general human rights, but maybe I'm just stupid. If I lived on the east coast I would go to this event, even if every single other person there was a right-winger.
operator kos

Postby Nordic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:26 am

So ... where were these idiot fucktards when the Bush administration was busy DESTROYING this Constitution which they claim to love so much?

Oh right, they were cheering his ass on.

Fucking morans. They don't even know the Constitution's already dead, and their guy is the one who killed it off.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby nathan28 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:49 am

Nordic wrote:Fucking morans. They don't even know the Constitution's already dead, and their guy is the one who killed it off.

Never mind that the Constitution sucks, hence the need to tack on the afterthought that was the Bill of Rights. I mean, come on. Senate? Montana has less voters than small Southern cities and gets two votes in the senate? What a bunch of welfare queens. And the Electoral College? WTF is that? And that whole "three-fifths" thing...
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby barracuda » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 am

nathan28 wrote:Can I run my own false-flag (noble lie, but really, a nightmare that tells the truth) and call this a racist Keyword Hijack on the Black Panters by way of the Five Percenters?

Looks more like a play on the Hells Angels logo.

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 am

Nordic wrote:So ... where were these idiot fucktards when the Bush administration was busy DESTROYING this Constitution which they claim to love so much?

Some of them are still currently cheering on the Texas School Bush Administration Board as they attempt to remove Thomas Jefferson from the history books, and as they try to downplay his role in the framing of the Constitution, and reframe everything to justify the unification of church and state.

Thomas Jefferson shouldn't feel too bad about it. They did the same thing to Thomas Paine decades, and centuries, ago. He was just way too left-wing liberal, and hardly ever gets mentioned anymore. Now, it seems, for the extremely dumb right, it's time to excise Jefferson. I suppose he is, at best, centre-right, in their view. And (whisper it!) a proponent and supporter of violent revolution!

Dude was a terrist!

So a highly educated, lawyeristic, colonial, landed, slave-owner can now be seen as a big liberal commie, so long as he doesn't believe in God - or, more importantly, if he doesn't believe in the "immortal persons" and proxy-aristocracy that we call corporations.

And if he doesn't believe in the inherent goodness of corporations, and he writes very intelligent and illuminating remarks about their inevitable failings and abuses, we cannot expect his beliefs to be taught in schools, can we?

It'd be like teaching Darwinism!

That's the God's truth.

Anyways, shouldn't modern-day dissidents and revolutionaries be hanging around by the Delaware, waiting for their opponents to be drunk? It shouldn't be a long wait nowadays.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby compared2what? » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:44 am

operator kos wrote:Funny. I happen to think that all sentient beings have a right to live and a right to defend themselves. In modern human society, that means owning a gun.

I'd definitely say that it meant having the right to own a gun. I don't know if we're really so badly off quite yet that living and defending yourself requires owning a gun. But you meant what I mean, anyway, I think. Tell me if you didn't.

It always baffles me how the right to self-defense isn't included in liberals' concerns over general human rights, but maybe I'm just stupid. If I lived on the east coast I would go to this event, even if every single other person there was a right-winger.

There is no constitutional right to self-defense. The people have a right to keep and bear arms (a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state) that shall not be infringed. But that's not really the same thing.

And...I don't know. But I'm pretty sure that if there still were any real liberals and, for some reason, suddenly, a day arrived when the rights of the people to keep and bear arms were being infringed, they (the liberals) would make it one of their concerns.

It's a totally hypothetical question, however. And also a moot one. Because those rights are not being infringed upon at a federal level. And while some states do have more conditions about what kinds of arms the people can keep or how publicly they can bear them than others, for sure, that doesn't actually infringe on the right itself, in most cases. Unless you feel that in a free society, everyone should be able to walk around carrying Uzis like they were handbags or something.

Plus, given that this is a gathering of people with guns that nobody is trying to take away from them, I'm not so sure that the symbolic gesture they're making has anything to do with their second amendment rights anyway. Or at least not per se.
compared2what?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

operator kos wrote:Funny. I happen to think that all sentient beings have a right to live and a right to defend themselves. In modern human society, that means owning a gun. It always baffles me how the right to self-defense isn't included in liberals' concerns over general human rights, but maybe I'm just stupid. If I lived on the east coast I would go to this event, even if every single other person there was a right-winger.

"In modern human society, that means owning a gun."

No. To most of us who live in modern society, which for 90 percent of people in the US does not mean in the Grizzly Adams shack, but in cities and towns with millions of other people, of whom about 1/3 currently are really stupid and/or aggressive, self-defense means (among other things) not having to worry about being shot at by idiots and assholes with guns.

Whether or not these are carried concealed by street gangsters, paraded according to strict rules by self-styled patriots, kept in a drawer by Beavis and Butthead, or worn openly by people with badges. The more guns circulating, the more reason the police statists will find to beef up the cops' arsenals.

Owning a gun is the fastest way to raise the odds of being shot yourself. The delusion that it enables individual self-defense in an urban context always surprises. People have seen too many movies where the good guy draws first and shoots true, and the cops pat him on the back for a job well done. The gun is not a self-defense tool, it is a magical totem of invincibility. Carrying one may of course prove useful in some tiny percentage of cases where you get to pull it out in time against your prospective attacker or robber, but the percentage that end with you getting your own head blown off is higher than that.

Also funny to me is the delusion that a revolution of armed militias is possible or desirable in a modern society, where all armed conflicts escalate into contests between organized armies and/or guerilla forces, and end with the victory of the militarily superior side. The winners usually aren't going to be the lovers of freedom and justice, or will be transformed into the opposite by the experience of war.

That being said, I interpret the letter and intent of the Second Amendment pretty much as the gun lovers do, and although it's a relic of a premodern age where a gun was likelier to help you defend yourself (or overthrow an unjust government) than to get you killed, I find that in the present-day, degraded and simplistic American discourse, we had best remain united around the untouchability of the Bill of Rights.

As modern society is a mass society, a class society and an industrial society, the right to self-defense to me means the right and the capacity to organize to defend one's life, liberty and economic interest. It means education, a strong sense of self and history, freedom of speech and assembly, freedom of association, access to media production and mass communication, transparency and open information (like knowing which toxins are being dumped in your neighborhood, or which wars the secret policy apparatus is planning to foist on the world next), economic power and above all the class consciousness so lacking in the present day... and the absence of firearms in crowds.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:37 am

compared2what? wrote:Unless you feel that in a free society, everyone should be able to walk around carrying Uzis like they were handbags or something.

That would make Israel the freest society on earth.

The logic of the 3 percenters, though they seem incapable of figuring out, would lead to the same thing everywhere: the ones with the guns (whoever they ended up being) would have absolute rule over the ones without (the Palestinians).

One might argue that's already the case with the state generally being "the ones with the guns," but it ignores the extent to which the power of the modern state (which I define as the government/corporate fusion or "capital"), power is only in the last resort dependent on the gun, and the state is in big trouble any time a situation gets to the point that this dependency is tested (armies told to shoot the people often turn around and kill their officers instead).

Power in mass society is the power over minds and economies.

All this being a riff off your remark, and not a direct response to you, c2w?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Cordelia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 am

My quick and simple response to something I understand to be much more complicated and emotionally charged (including personal histories and the environment in which one lives), but I stand with Operator Kos on this. Maybe I'm missing something, or there's a secret embedded agenda to this call to assemble, but it reads to be un-inciting, lawful, respectful and responsible. Unless it turns ugly and attracts provocateurs, what's the problem? There are many responsible gun owners, including my own household and most, if not all, of my neighbors, and we don't live in 'Grizzly Adams' shacks (not yet anyway), but so what if we did?

Oh, wait, I thought the post title meant Bring your sidearms (and longarms) to the criminal financial institutions of the Potomac.....
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Next

Return to General Discussion