What is the nature of the Saucer menace?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

You-foes are:

Nuts and bolts craft from another world.
20%
Nuts and bolts craft from inside the hollow earth, or antarctic Nazis.
6%
Nuts and bolts military prototypes or modified helicopters.
11%
Time machines, possibly from humanity in the future.
3%
Vimanas, spirit-craft.
6%
Screen memories for MK experiments and SRA.
6%
Elves or other blue-and-orange morality non/semi-corporeal beings.
29%
Demons. Evil non-corporeal beings.
6%
Earth lights, geomagnetic doo-dahs, ball lighting, plasma vortexes, etc..
6%
Created by the media and intelligence services as a disinfo psy-op.
9%

Total votes : 35

What is the nature of the Saucer menace?

Postby Stephen Morgan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:54 pm

I came to all this RI type stuff through the you-foe field. I dare say quite a few people here did. When I was young I was very much a nuts and bolts believer in Aliens, very fond of Timothy Good's you-foe books. Even saw a couple myself, in the strictest sense of seemingly solid objects which I couldn't identify. A high altitude silver sphere and a very distant black triangle flying erratically near the horizon. I read you-foe Magazine. When the front page of the local paper reported houses found slashed up, mutilated, and the discovery of stone axes and ritual pagan implements, I noticed. I'm observant like that. I was still at school then. I prefer not to probe my early memories too much, there are several anomolies I'd rather not clarify.

Obviously from the you-foe field I picked up the idea of government conspiracies and cover-ups. Since my first interest I've moved through believing nut and bolts aliens, military abductors, elves and hollow earth entities being responsible, not necessarily in that order. Oh and, like the founder of Flying Saucer Review, the devil.

So, for that genuinely anomolous portion of you-foe sightings and the possibly related abduction phenomenon, what do we think?

I can't believe I can only put ten options on this poll! I've got twenty eight! Hence the lack of an option marked "hallucinations", etc..
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: What is the nature of the Saucer menace?

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:07 pm

IMO "UFO" covers a jumble of phenomena, some intentionally jumbled, and so it doesn't have a single nature. If your poll allowed it I'd say yes to nearly all of the choices. Hollow Earth/Antarctic Nazis is the only one to which I'll say categorically no, it's never that.

FWIW, I chose "elves," because I find elves to be underrepresented on the board.
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I voted "time machine" because I like that one best.

A neighbor lent us a book last night all about this neighborhood of Seattle we live in, chalk full of historical photos. All I could talk about last night was GODDAMN DO I WISH I HAD A TIME MACHINE! I'm well known for such obsessions that annoy the fuck out of others who have heard the same statement out of me for the 25th time in an hour.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Montag » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Saucer menace? What do you know that we don't know?
Montag

Postby Simulist » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm with Montag on that, Stephen. And, since I also agree that "UFO" is a blanket designation for a variety of phenomena, why emphasize them as a "menace"?
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Sepka » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm going with 'Elves', although I think that's an overly-simple answer, and 'Demons' would describe it as readily. I chose the one over the other because the phenomenon is quite often definitely corporeal.
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby anothershamus » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Jeff wrote:IMO "UFO" covers a jumble of phenomena, some intentionally jumbled, and so it doesn't have a single nature. If your poll allowed it I'd say yes to nearly all of the choices. Hollow Earth/Antarctic Nazis is the only one to which I'll say categorically no, it's never that.

FWIW, I chose "elves," because I find elves to be underrepresented on the board.

LOL, I like how this board rolls!

)'(
anothershamus

Postby Nordic » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:28 pm

C'mon, you leave out the obvious in the poll!

They are obviously manifestations of another reality, multi-dimensional or whatever you want to call it.

They occupy the "negative space" all around us.

They came out in such force after we started blowing shit up with nuclear weapons because nuclear weapons punch holes into THIER reality, too.

One of the few windows we have into this reality is through the mind.

Which is why some people see them and some people don't.

And which is why they can fuck with your head so badly.

They are able to go back and forth, we are not, except in our minds or when they control the situation.

Am I the only one who feels this way? (I ask this facetiosuly)
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Penguin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Nordic wrote:C'mon, you leave out the obvious in the poll!

They are obviously manifestations of another reality, multi-dimensional or whatever you want to call it.

They occupy the "negative space" all around us.

They came out in such force after we started blowing shit up with nuclear weapons because nuclear weapons punch holes into THIER reality, too.

One of the few windows we have into this reality is through the mind.

Which is why some people see them and some people don't.

And which is why they can fuck with your head so badly.

They are able to go back and forth, we are not, except in our minds or when they control the situation.

Am I the only one who feels this way? (I ask this facetiosuly)

I voted elves too, but what you say above sums it up pretty nicely.
Mind of god resonating thru eleven dimensional hyperspace, as the old trance anthem goes.
Penguin

Postby Sweejak » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:31 pm

What is blue-and-orange morality? Is that a special kind of morality or is it just a way of saying that they are complimentary like the colors?
I'm curious because someone asked years ago, why are all the backgrounds on TV using blue and orange.
Maybe I should go to the "you're a conspiracy theorist if.." thread.
Sweejak

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Sweejak wrote:What is blue-and-orange morality? Is that a special kind of morality or is it just a way of saying that they are complimentary like the colors?
I'm curious because someone asked years ago, why are all the backgrounds on TV using blue and orange.
Maybe I should go to the "you're a conspiracy theorist if.." thread.

Ha! Check this out from Goro Adachi -- posted the other day:

http://www.goroadachi.com/etemenanki/up ... htm#063010

This is the hat I happen to be wearing as of now:

What makes it even more funny is:

And, last night someone asked me if that is a unicorn on that hat. I laughed, because I started a blog called The Denver Unicorns. No, I have never written anything to it -- it's been sitting there for a year or two. Perhaps I will once I get to that point of really delving in. I just don't know. I'm too weird for me sometimes.

DIA bitches!

:jumping:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby barracuda » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:31 pm

I think you have to be a bit more discriminating. A classic saucer or cigar craft can seem undeniably a nuts and bolts unit. On many of the photographs, say for instance the Trent images, you can literally identify construction details of the exterior of the craft, and so their origin resonates very strongly with this realm, this planet, even this time. They were built by individuals or groups with making abilities concisely analgous to our own, that is, I would venture to say that whoever built them has both binocular vision as well as opposable thumbs, walks upright, and is bilaterally symmetrical in physique. Joined overlapping plates of metal, any metal, and windowed interiors speak of creatures greatly if not entirely like ourselves. For this reason, my feeling is that such craft are built on Earth, that they are of contemporary build, and are built by persons or creatures indigenous to this planet. It is, though, entirely possible that a parallel society of persons or creatures embodying these traits co-exists with us here without our knowledge of them, and has for many eons. The ability of the biological sciences to firmly identify only a small percentage of the indigenous species resident here implys a vast repertoire of possibilities, the most likely being the almost completely unexplored realms of the ocean depths. The fact that many, many sighting of these types of craft involve water and oceanic backgrounds further adds to my hypothesis that there exist a species, a bipedal primate, quite advanced, which has taken back to the sea, and has renounced the pragmatic world of belching industrialism and soot filled skies for the intuitive and telepathic regions along the deepest energised lay-lined routes of the ocean bottoms vaguely known to the ancients, and from them drawing their power and stealth. They love to harrass our plodding and ineffectual airships, and to make calculated forays into the interiors of the drylands to satisfy their curious nature. But their opinions of us must resemble the opinions of whales, distant and reproving, seen through the lens of a decision made untold ages ago, to return forever to the sea.

April 10, 2010 - West Midlands

Then there are the orbs, the balls of light which playfully merge and diverge restlessly in the skys, and are seen chasing airships and cavorting in unfathomable manners. Some of these are Jungian egregores, products of the universal consciousness manifested by the stresses and dreams of human thought process in areas of the brain undiscovered by the blunt scalpels and scans available to the primative trepanners of contemprary surgeries. The mind has abilities so vast and powerful that the entire scope of the last ten thousand years of human history has been one extended battle by those with much to lose to stop that power from evidencing its wonders. And yet, even so stifled by the reductions of "education" and the antipathies of "reason" and the prisons of "work", the mind makes itself known collectively, and acts to physically become real in this consciousness, just as in the unconsciousness of dreams.

February 26, 2010 - Albuquerque, New Mexico

And it is true beyond debate that many of the unknown strange craft above our heads are the work of our own government, though. The triangles of huge size which are occasionally displayed for their effects of power and confusion are an obvious example of the outcome of a trillion dollars per year in black budget funds, compounded annually. Antarctic nazis are just a small branded division of this logoless transnational supercorporation.

So my answer would be "some of the above".
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby swindled69 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Wow Barracuda, that last Photo is kinda of chilling for me. A year ago, Feb 2009, I was driving to Albuquerque, NM and saw a craft very similar to those in that photo. Mine stayed solid for about 10 seconds, shape shifted and then collapsed in on itself in a bright flash in the sky.

It was fucking nuts and I know what I saw and it was spectacular.
swindled69

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:28 pm

I've seen the precise thing too -- twice. I shall see if I can find some old pics I took. They're on an old hard drive and they aren't cataloged, so it may take awhile. One time I spotted distant orbs seemingly sticking close to what I used to think were "chemtrails" back in the day. And another time off in the distance, there was some kind of craft that was cruising along and then disappeared in a hole in the clouds. Fuck. Now I got my work cut out for me. I wanna see this shit again!
82_28

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 pm

WRONG!!!

And the answer is:

Nuts and Bolts Craft from Another World.

Next question...
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Next

Return to General Discussion