How the Spooks Would Attack YOU and ME Too.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

How the Spooks Would Attack YOU and ME Too.

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Learned today from Democracy Now! that a group of security firms offered a plan to destroy Wikileaks, including an attack on Glenn Greenwald, to Bank of America. It's unclear whether the banksters accepted the offer. For two news stories on this, go to the Wikileaks thread, here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30362&p=382665#p382665

I downloaded the 24-page PDF of the plan from Raw Story and have uploaded it to my own site, here:
http://summeroftruth.org/_RIstorage/Wik ... nse_v6.pdf

I'm reposting the slides here so you all notice, and it doesn't get lost as just another addition to the Wikileaks thread. Because these give insight into the mentality, the sense of privilege that goes into an attack by big corporatist behemoths on the netroots -- like ourselves!

The presumably high-priced crew of aspiring thugs barely manage to encode their implied readiness to arrange violence if need be on behalf of their bankster client.

Also, they make no bones about being spooks (former, current, what's the difference?) and the advantages that brings.

Here are eight pages of the presentation, out of twenty-four:

Primary Target: Start with Name, Date of Birth, Spouse and CHILDREN. (That's where the leverage is, right?)

Secondary Target: Greenwald of "the liberal bent." Force him to choose "preservation over cause"!

"Combating this threat requires..." "insider threats" (from whom to whom? ambiguous!) and "targeting analysis."*
* Yeah, yeah, my non-expert ass must be misunderstanding or misusing the highly technical terms in use amongst assholes who make a lot more money than I do.

More path-breaking "strategy" - Divide and conquer! (Who would have thought?)

We Are the Deep State!?
Now this is the most disturbing one with its implication that there is no special dividing line between spooks of the private-corporate and national security state: "...we must employ the best investigative team, currently employed by the most sensitive of national security agencies." This makes it sound like the "targeting" and neutralization of Wikileaks, Assange and Greenwald will be carried out by government spooks while moonlighting from their day jobs at the agencies, as is allowed at the CIA at least.

Find His Friends And Break Their Legs?

"Attack Vectors"

All that's missing is an ARG script. Or, perhaps, a car trunk upholstered in plastic garbage bags is more their style. They do claim to offer a full spectrum of services to power.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How the Spooks Would Attack YOU and ME Too.

Postby 82_28 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Damn. So they really do exist and they are just as banal as we were warned!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby stefano » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Fuck, this really is the banality of evil: a shit Powerpoint presentation about assassination and blackmail. Imagine the guy (with red suspenders, I wouldn't be surprised) pointing one of those little laser things at the screen and emphasising the important phrases: "comprehensive analysis capability... deep domain knowledge... criddical".

I'm jealous of the name Palantir for a consultancy, though, wish I'd thought of that.
stefano

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jam.fuse » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:44 pm

stefano wrote:I'm jealous of the name Palantir for a consultancy, though, wish I'd thought of that.

Can some legal eagle contact Christopher Tolkien and sue these fuckers or something?

Riles a whigga to see Morgoth co-opting the magick of Westernesse, even if in name only.

Or maybe he got a payoff; that would suck.
'I beat the Devil with a shovel so he dropped me another level' -- Redman
jam.fuse

Postby sunny » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:32 pm

"Submit fake documents and then call out the error".

Well then. I reckon Dan Rather perked up at this little tidbit.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby streeb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't get it. Why doesn't the CIA just insert Greenwald's name into a Steve Carell movie?
streeb

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

streeb wrote:I don't get it. Why doesn't the CIA just insert Greenwald's name into a Steve Carell movie?

Stop, stop, you're killing me!

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:44 pm

sunny wrote:"Submit fake documents and then call out the error".

Well then. I reckon Dan Rather perked up at this little tidbit.

Ha. You beat me to it. Yup, there it is, in black and white, for all to see.

Cyber-mercenaries. I guess now is the time.

Great find, Jack.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Plutonia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Posted this yesterday over at the cyber war thread - now would be a good time to have a/some member blogs:

Plutonia wrote:These just up on Twitter - I haven't dloaded yet...

ioerror Jacob Appelbaum
I feel honored to know that I'm in the HBGary email spool. Their pwnage is the Whitehat Valdez.

@kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Wow, HBGary has absolutely no clue! Their only powers seem to be government connections and hilariously pretentious slideshows.

@kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the US Senate! http://uiu.me/senate.zip

@kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the NSA! http://uiu.me/nsa.zip

kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the CIA! http://uiu.me/cia.zip

kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the US House of Representatives! http://uiu.me/house.zip

kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the US Army! http://uiu.me/army.zip

kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
Hey everyone, here's a copy of all of HBGary's conversations with the FBI! http://uiu.me/fbi.zip

kaepora Nadim Kobeissi
by ioerror
EVERYONE: Reading the files is easy! Just open them in any text editor. Notepad will work just fine!

HBGary was an elite intelligence/net security contractor. :roll:

Edit: I'm thinking that this story is going to be huge.

Anonymous is encouraging Assange to release his BOA folder now.

Reams about the Anonymous crack of HBGary, including IRC logs of Aaron Barr being confronted by Anons and Penny Leavy/Hogland Pres of HBGary begging for mercy, at that other thread starting here.

I'm still reading this stuff:
[04:53] <+Penny> So, can I ask a question you might think is stupid?
[04:53] <Eddy> yes
[04:53] <evilworks> no
[04:53] <+Agamemnon> not joking ...
[04:53] <evilworks> yes
[04:53] <+Sneux> Sure
[04:53] <+heyguise> ask away
[04:53] <+Sneux> No question is stupid.
[04:53] <&Sabu> ask away
[04:53] <evilworks> no
[04:53] <evilworks> ok yes
[04:53] <Eddy> shut up evilworks :P
[04:53] <Eddy> lol
[04:53] <+Agamemnon> go Penny
[04:53] <+heyguise> give her time
[04:53] <+heyguise> gawd
[04:53] <+Penny> So if you say you won't do harm and keep things private then you release them, would you trust that person?
[04:53] <+heyguise> lol
[04:53] <+heyguise> probably not
[04:54] * @blergh imagines Penny going "takatakatakatakatakataka" on her keyboard

http://pastebin.com/x69Akp5L

In exchange for not publishing her husband, HBGary CEO Greg Hogland's emails, Anons demanded that she fire/publicly distance herself from Aaron Barr and donate 20k to the Bradley Manning defense fund.

Don't know where they left it yet.

Love those Anons. :lovehearts:
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby WakeUpAndLive » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Wow, I am sitting here smiling with all the events that are unfolding. None of this can be good for the Empire, go Anon, go Wikileaks, go AJ, go Cairo, and go anyone else who I forgot that is exposing the fraud.
WakeUpAndLive

Postby 82_28 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Not fucking around. If you're into heavy fucking music and this powerpoint bullshit pisses you off, listen to this song, read the lyrics and ready yourself. Those fuckin' Canadians again. Fuck this song gives me the chills and makes me wanna run wild. I'll do dishes instead!

Fedallah’s Hearse

As so many practiced diplomats, so too your vaunted laureates, whose access to the higher rungs of the cultural priesthood is hinged upon their flair for sophistry. Well, I vote you the best-equipped to shrink from speech that might suggest any thoughts your key target-market might not have already signed-off on and ratified. And I vote you most likely to clutter your language with so much deadwood that no amount of pruning will reveal your intensive, protracted campaign of saying nothing at all. Your daydreams of black tie affairs at Rideau Hall. Your acceptance speech. Your dramatic pause. Don’t forget to thank those bitter ex-musician cum embedded rock-journalists frantically applauding the latest artist-formerly-known-as iconoclast, giddy from the fumes of a fresh defection, moping to the maudlin beat of a hat rack rhythm section, a tacit understanding of mutual non-aggression enjoyed by every nauseating do-nothing functionary. Really, it’s not so much the incessant ruse of assigning profound meaning to the meaningless curios you decorate your sets with in your extraordinarily mundane fictions. It’s the (colossal) arrogance of the subtext: the province of human affairs is a field best left to dilettantes with an extraordinary gift for the feigning of paralysis. For saying nothing at all. For daydreams of black tie affairs at Rideau Hall. An acceptance speech. Sustained applause.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:52 pm

Palantir Corporation? What dystopian sci-fi writers once spent a long time thinking up as outrageously evil-sounding designations for their villain-groups are now just the average name of your friendly neighbourhood snooping co-op. Like They Warned!
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

Postby Plutonia » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Doesn't this just fit The Plan on several levels perfectly?

WikiLeaks Defector Defends Site’s Crippling

By John Borland Email Author
February 10, 2011

BERLIN – In the marble-lined hall of a former Prussian palace here today, former WikiLeaks spokesman Daniel Domscheit-Berg defended actions that have left the controversial whistleblowing site unable to receive new leaks online.

Introducing his new book Inside WikiLeaks, being released simultaneously today in 14 countries, WikiLeaks’ most prominent defector confirmed that he and other disaffected volunteers had taken the site’s software-based secure submission platform when they left the project, leaving the site technically unable to receive new material. The software was the intellectual property of one of the departing volunteers, he said.

In the process, the group also took with them a backlog of previously submitted leaked material — an action that has now prompted legal threats by WikiLeaks’ Berlin-based lawyer.

The 32-year-old German programmer said he and his group intend to return the material unused and unpublished, as soon as WikiLeaks can demonstrate the technical ability to keep the data and its sources safe. But WikiLeaks’ internal technical architecture has reverted to a primitive state, with little sign of progress in the months since the group’s departure, Domscheit-Berg said. The crippled submission system is effectively helping to keep sources from unknowingly exposing themselves, he added.

“As a source, you can not compromise yourself today, because you can’t submit anything,” the German programmer said.

In a statement published by Der Spiegel, WikiLeaks lawyer Johannes Eisenberg called this concern for sources’ safety an “obvious justification,” and said he had been instructed to defend WikiLeaks’ claim to the material in court if necessary.

The statement said that WikiLeaks is clearly capable of keeping the material secure, and remains in a position to publish it safely.

In his press conference introducing the German-language version of the book here, Domscheit-Berg gave one of the most public airings yet of his side of the dispute that split WikiLeaks’ ranks during the stressful autumn of 2010.

Though his bitterness with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange – who he describes as formerly his “best friend” – is evident in the book, he displayed a calm, rational front as he discussed the site’s history and impact with author Kuno Haberbusch, and later answered questions.

“I’m not angry today,” he told reporters. Yet he made it clear that the personal and philosophical divide between him and Assange was unbridgeable.

Most important to he and his group of defectors was the issue of transparency, and the ability to establish technological and organizational mechanisms to preserve sources’ anonymity, he said. He briefly described the group’s new project, OpenLeaks, which is being designed as a back-end “service provider” connecting anonymous whistleblowers with media groups and NGOs, and will not play a public WikiLeaks-style role.

Wikileaks’ own protection of sources has come into some question, most prominently with the release of the U.S. diplomatic cables in November. Well before WikiLeaks’ release of the cables, Wired.com reported from chat logs between Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning and former hacker Adrian Lamo, in which Manning claimed to have provided a quarter-million State Department documents to WikiLeaks. At the time of publication, Manning had already been arrested by the military, and Lamo has provided the logs to the government.

Asked whether Wikileaks had compromised a source by publishing the U.S. diplomatic cables, Domscheit-Berg said it was an issue that “has to be considered.”

“By their publication, the existence of the cables has been established,” he said.

However, he stopped well short of confirming Manning as the source of the diplomatic cables – indeed, he writes in his book that a critical part of WikiLeaks’ security concept was the organization’s own inability to ascertain sources’ identities. Nevertheless, Domscheit-Berg said the former intelligence analyst, whatever his real role, deserved the strong support of everyone who viewed the leaks as important.

“Just for the sake of (him) having potentially been the source, we all should unite in defending Mr. Manning against prosecution with whatever power we have, and make sure he gets out of this prison,” he said.

Domscheit did not quantify or describe the previously leaked material that is now the subject of WikiLeaks’ legal threats. However, he said it did not include the Bank of America documents Assange has previously promised to release.

He added that he was familiar with some Bank of America material held by WikiLeaks, but that it was “nothing spectacular.” However, Assange might have subsequently received additional information, he cautioned.

Despite WikiLeaks’ current technology problems, Domscheit-Berg was careful to say that the prominent site was not “dead.” It simply had to learn from its experiences, he said. “Maybe this whole story will have a happy ending after all.”
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby lupercal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 am

In other real fake-news, Iraq unwittingly proves baby incubator stories true by returning stolen medical equipment to Kuwait including two damaged baby incubators, read all about it!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 49869.html
lupercal

Next

Return to General Discussion