Op. Mockingbird counterpropaganda tricks

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Op. Mockingbird counterpropaganda tricks

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun May 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Nordic wrote:
Mass suicides would be very bad PR just as news stories revealing record levels of ptsd would be very bad PR.

Well that's what they do have, but how many people do you know who even talk about that?

None.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun May 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Crikket wrote:I appreciate your insights into that Geico commercial. Very well said.

Thanks, You're welcome.

And even if HMW's hypotheses are incredible, they have me thinking critically about subtextual messages in media placement.

Not only that, I recognize patterns (mainly cable tv I'm talking about) which seem to correspond to current events as if there is an overall orchestration. I can't help it. It's there. I see it. I can't ignore it. I don't care how incredible it seems to believe such orchestration is possible.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 01, 2011 4:10 pm

brainpanhandler wrote:Not only that, I recognize patterns (mainly cable tv I'm talking about) which seem to correspond to current events as if there is an overall orchestration. I can't help it. It's there. I see it. I can't ignore it. I don't care how incredible it seems to believe such orchestration is possible.

I see it too. Sometimes it freaks me right out, and I want to turn to my family and explain why but I know how futile that would be.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby OP ED » Sun May 01, 2011 4:38 pm

OP ED still does not have television.

OP ED does not miss it.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby justdrew » Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 pm

just noticed a little tidbit in the recent Harpers Index...

number of the top 10 prime times TV shows that regularly features corpses... 8
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 pm

justdrew wrote:just noticed a little tidbit in the recent Harpers Index...

corpses are the new tits.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun May 01, 2011 11:49 pm

New sitcom about CIA called "Chaos.' Ran during the anniversary of the US mil-intel murder of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(TV_series)
Chaos is an American television series for the CBS network. The one-hour comedic drama ran from April 1, 2011 to April 15, 2011, as a midseason replacement for The Defenders.

Premise

Threats to national security are investigated by a group of rogue CIA spies in the division of Clandestine Administration and Oversight Services (CAOS), while also trying to keep their jobs from being eliminated due to budget cuts. New agent Rick Martinez (Freddy Rodriguez) joins the team as an in-house mole for CIA Director H.J. Higgins (Kurtwood Smith). However, Martinez is quickly found out by the team, who "turn" him for their own use.[
Keyword hijacking decoy of the Vietnam War-era USG counterinsurgency campaign to decapitate and demolish organized dissent
called by CIA "Operation CHAOS.'

The CIA got the name of their Gestapo program by hijacking the 1967 title of Martin Luther King's last book for the US mil-intel assassinated him, 'Community or Chaos?'
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
justdrew wrote:j
corpses are the new tits.

word.

Violence/death/gore/suffering desensitization programming non-stop.

No more gasps at pictures of babies in a ditch at My Lai.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 am

Canadian_watcher wrote:
brainpanhandler wrote:Not only that, I recognize patterns (mainly cable tv I'm talking about) which seem to correspond to current events as if there is an overall orchestration. I can't help it. It's there. I see it. I can't ignore it. I don't care how incredible it seems to believe such orchestration is possible.

I see it too. Sometimes it freaks me right out, and I want to turn to my family and explain why but I know how futile that would be.

I know that feeling. I've often considered getting tivo and learning some basic video editing and producing my own psyops analysis of msm, meme by meme, phrase by phrase, image by image. I think it would pretty rapidly expand into a documentary.

What all of us here more or less agree on is that msm is used wittingly to promote cultural memes which are advantagous to the ownership class. That's pretty uncontroversial. But what Hugh contends and what I was referring to and what I believe you are saying you notice as well is some sort of real time crisis response pr department which orchestrates programming which either reinforces helpful to power memes or obscures damaging to power stories and information.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 am

Did you read the article Why I'm a pacifist: The dangerous myth of the Good War by Nicholson Baker?

Excerpt:

In the American press, calls for a
negotiated peace were all but inaudible.
The only significant publicity
that any U.S. peace advocacy group
got after 1942 was negative—
witheringly negative in one instance,
and rightly so. It came in connection
with the formation of something
called the Peace Now Movement,
which set up an offi ce on Manhattan’s
East 40th Street in July 1943.
Abraham Kaufman, while admiring
the antiwar writings of the new
group’s chairman, George Hartmann,
remained wary of its methods,
and not just because its name appropriated
his own group’s most stirring
and useful phrase
. What disturbed
him was that the Peace Now Movement
was willing, as the War Resisters
League was not, to accept support
from pro-fascists and anti-Semites, or
even from “the devil himself,” according
to Hartmann, in order to
bring the war to an end.
Kaufman also had doubts about the
past of one of the group’s organizers,
John Collett, who’d been institutionalized
for a mental disorder, and whose
Norwegian visa imparted a fascist
taint. In any case, Collett, out on a
speaking tour, self-destructed: he was
arrested in Cincinnati for peeping
into a sorority shower and fined a hundred
dollars.
brainpanhandler

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon May 02, 2011 7:28 am

brainpanhandler wrote:I know that feeling. I've often considered getting tivo and learning some basic video editing and producing my own psyops analysis of msm, meme by meme, phrase by phrase, image by image. I think it would pretty rapidly expand into a documentary.

What all of us here more or less agree on is that msm is used wittingly to promote cultural memes which are advantagous to the ownership class. That's pretty uncontroversial. But what Hugh contends and what I was referring to and what I believe you are saying you notice as well is some sort of real time crisis response pr department which orchestrates programming which either reinforces helpful to power memes or obscures damaging to power stories and information.

I think the doc idea is good. And yes, that's what I'm saying - and what I'm seeing.
I forget which show it was now, but it had obviously been produced before Fukushima... anyway it was about nuclear threats all of a sudden and it seemed really out of place. I only watch a handful of shows so I'll try and remember what it was. But that type of thing is everywhere. I notice it immediately when I see it but it's always so fleeting that it definitely is hard to keep track of .. well for me, anyway.

Canadian_watcher

Postby crikkett » Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 am

brainpanhandler wrote:what Hugh contends and what I was referring to and what I believe you are saying you notice as well is some sort of real time crisis response pr department which orchestrates programming which either reinforces helpful to power memes or obscures damaging to power stories and information.

I've seen it too, and wondered to other people about it.
From time to time, the topics of sitcom reruns that play during family hour (I watch TV while working in the kitchen) eerily parallel big news stories.
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby The Consul » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 am

My oldest brother was given a citation for packing Gary Powers parachute.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby justdrew » Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am

brainpanhandler wrote:

Did you read the article Why I'm a pacifist: The dangerous myth of the Good War by Nicholson Baker

yeah, but the pacifist position didn't seem very realistic for a number of reasons. nonetheless, the firebombing was mostly unnecessary; but any delay in defeating the nazi's would have put them dangerously close to finishing their nazi nukes.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby crikkett » Mon May 02, 2011 10:34 am

The Consul wrote:My oldest brother was given a citation for packing Gary Powers parachute.

That's a job I'd refuse to take. Did it go further than the citation for him?
crikkett

Blog: View Blog (5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion