Otis to upgrade Empire State Building's elevators

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Otis to upgrade Empire State Building's elevators

Postby dbcooper41 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

to me this story is interesting because i firmly believe the world trade center elevator upgrade project was the cover for wiring the buildings to explode.
it provided all the unlimited access they needed to pull wires, plant explosives, as well as install and test firing controllers.
the charges appear to have been in the elevator shafts and the behavior of the ace elevator techs on 9/11/2001 was quite suspect.
only 1 elevator tech died on 9/11 and he worked for another company, otis iirc, at another building.
the ACE guys all scattered like roaches.
i'm not suggesting they are gonna blow up the empire state building(not saying they won't either) but, an important point is made in the story:
"Only three elevator manufacturers —
Schindler, ThyssenKrupp and Otis — could credibly compete, he said."

so, how did a no-name company called ACE elevator, which appears to be a mobbed up front company, manage to land the contract to upgrade the wtc elevators following the 1993 bombing?
an upgrade that was the largest in all of recorded history. then ACE seems to have disappeared, though i have tracked a few employees to charlotte,n.c. and then england. the company seems to have gone brigadoon on us.
if you don't know the ace elevator story i suggest you look in to it. i'll look for my old reference material on it and answer any questions i can.

http://www.wral.com/business/story/9735985/
By STEPHEN SINGER, AP Business Writer
HARTFORD, Connecticut — Everything is big with New York's landmark Empire State
Building, so upgrading the 20th century elevators running up and down its 102
floors without disrupting thousands of office workers, visitors and tourists
each day is no small task.
The office and retail tower and Otis Elevator Co., the country's best-known
elevator manufacturer, were set to announce Thursday a partnership to replace
and modernize the building's elevators to bring them into the computer age and
reduce passenger wait time.
For the Empire State Building — among the world's most photographed buildings,
reproduced into countless paperweights and star of a 1933 movie with King Kong
hanging from its side — the renovation caps its 80th year.
And for Otis, which sold its first elevators in 1853 but now gets much of its
business in China's booming office construction market, working at the marquee
office tower in midtown New York is as high profile as it gets.
"When you're young from another country you think of the Empire State Building,"
said Didier Michaud-Daniel, Otis' president, who hails from France. "The Empire
State Building is known worldwide, so in terms of image it's a great opportunity
for us to talk about what we're going to do there."
The newly refurbished elevators promise quick and efficient rides to make the
prized address even more attractive to tenants, who also are benefiting from
upgraded lighting, heating and cooling and other systems.
Anthony Malkin of the Empire State Building Co., which owns the tower, said his
company has been leasing to tenants that occupy entire floors or multiple floors
and expect premier appearances and service.
"We're touching on everything, restoring the Art Deco lobby to its original
grandeur and a new energy-efficient system," he said.
Upgrading all 68 elevators and replacing 13-ton machines with new equipment
while workers, tourists and others enter and leave will be a major effort. The
elevators will carry nearly 10 million people each year, Otis said.
Malkin called it the largest elevator modernization of its kind in the world and
Otis, a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary based in Farmington, Connecticut,
says it's the biggest in its 158-year history.
The two sides did not disclose how much the contract, which includes a 10-year
maintenance agreement, is worth.
Design specifications and the bidding process lasted more than a year in what
Malkin called a "hotly competitive process." Only three elevator manufacturers —
Schindler, ThyssenKrupp and Otis — could credibly compete, he said. Otis came up
with a novel and innovative staffing system, Malkin said.

The project is a homecoming for Otis, which designed and installed the Empire
State Building's original elevators during the 1930s Great Depression. It will
hire a full-time branch manager to run the project that is set to begin in
November and be finished in March 2014. It will involve as many as 60 workers on
two shifts a day, six days a week.
The number of tenants has declined to fewer than 200 from 561 since 2006 as
tenants rent entire floors or multiple floors and the building's management
seeks larger and higher quality tenants, Malkin said. The renovations, including
the new elevators, are part of the plan.
The new elevators promise to route passengers better and reduce their wait
times, Otis said. Michaud-Daniel said it's probably the first time ever in a
building this size that elevator equipment will be as good or better than those
newly installed.
"I've been working in the industry 30 years and for me, coming from France, it
was a dream getting the Empire State Building back," he said. "We're extremely
proud of it."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.
dbcooper41

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Otis to upgrade Empire State Building's elevators

Postby Stephen Morgan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 pm

There were a number of suspicious "maintenance" companies and issues surrounds WTC9/11,
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Nordic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:25 pm

i'd be real interested in that, db. if you want to post more about that. one of the most haunting little details about 911 was that woman who got fake drivers licenses for some of the wtc "workers" who was later killed in her car and set ablaze while rolling down a lonely country road one night. in tennessee. can't remember her name right now and can't look it up at the moment but plenty of you know what i'm talking about. i always figured a key to the truth would be to find these people. there were arabic men who had passes to work on the sprinklers prior to 911.

then there are sarah palin's parents, who were hired to kill the rats in the post 911 rubble. that has always stuck in my craw.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby dbcooper41 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Nordic

one of the most haunting little details about 911 was that woman who got fake drivers licenses for some of the wtc "workers" who was later killed in her car and set ablaze while rolling down a lonely country road one night. in tennessee.

check out O C Smith who did the flaming lady's autopsy. he also did dr don wiley's autopsy. he was one of the many dead scientists. he supposedly bounced off a bridge.
dr smith finally was brought down in a very bizarre bombing event.

i'll dig out my notes on ace elevator.
dbcooper41

Postby barracuda » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:55 pm

dbcooper41 wrote:the charges appear to have been in the elevator shafts and the behavior of the ace elevator techs on 9/11/2001 was quite suspect.
only 1 elevator tech died on 9/11 and he worked for another company, otis iirc, at another building.
the ACE guys all scattered like roaches.

I'm not sure just how fair that assessment is. It's true that the elevator mechanics did not stay and sacrifice their lives to save the individuals trapped in the 198 elevators of the WTC towers, which is unconscionable, because we expect and rely upon elevator mechanics to daily put themeselves on the line saving individuals trapped in terrorist situations, and, oddly, in this case, they did not. For shame, those cockroaches.

On Sept. 11, ACE Elevator of Palisades Park, N.J., had 80 elevator mechanics inside the World Trade Center.

Following the Port Authority's emergency plan, after the first jet hit the north tower, elevator mechanics from both towers reported to the fire safety desk in the south tower lobby for instructions from police or firefighters. About 60 mechanics had arrived in the south tower lobby and others were in radio contact when the second jet struck that building.

"We were standing there trying to count heads when the second plane hit (the south tower)," said Peter Niederau, ACE Elevator's supervisor of the modernization project. "Parts of the lobby and glass were coming down around us, so we all got out of the lobby as fast as we could."

They left in different directions. Some went through the underground shopping mall. Others went out onto Liberty Street. Had they stayed, they would have been about 30 yards from the two express elevators where firefighters tried unsuccessfully to save people. Another mechanic was in the north tower's 78th floor elevator lobby — where Savas and other people were trapped — when the first jet hit. The mechanic was knocked across the lobby, then evacuated safely, the ACE Elevator supervisors say.

"(We) went out to the street to assess the damage and come back in as needed," says James O'Neill, ACE Elevator's supervisor of maintenance. The plan was to return to the building later in the day to help with rescues. The strategy had worked after the 1993 terrorist bombing, when many of the same mechanics — working for Otis Elevator, which had the contract then — were hailed as heroes.

On Sept. 11, the mechanics left on their own, without instructions from police or fire officials. ACE Elevator supervisors say this was consistent with the emergency plan. All the mechanics survived. "We had a procedure. We had a procedure to follow, and they (the mechanics) followed it," Niederau says.

But the Port Authority says the emergency plan called for mechanics to stay and help with rescues. "The manuals consider many emergency scenarios and describe the role of the mechanics in detail in responding to them," Port Authority spokesman Allen Morrison says. "There was no situation in which the mechanics were advised or instructed to leave on their own. They were, depending on the situation, to be dispatched to various emergency posts or to respond to various passenger entrapments and to assist police, fire and other rescue personnel."

About 9:45 a.m., from the south tower lobby, Port Authority elevator manager Joseph Amatuccio radioed the ACE Elevator supervisors on their private radio channel. O'Neill recalls him asking: "Can you mobilize to come inside and see what's going on? Because I'm here with the fire department, and they're asking me questions I don't know."

O'Neill radioed John Menville, an ACE Elevator supervisor trained in rescues, and both tried to get back in the building. The supervisors had special ID badges with red stripes that allowed them behind police lines. The badges had been issued after the 1993 bombing.

As Menville approached, the south tower collapsed. Amatuccio and his colleagues were killed. Bobbitt and other firefighters began evacuating the soon-to-collapse north tower.

The elevator rescue effort was over.

i'm not suggesting they are gonna blow up the empire state building(not saying they won't either) but, an important point is made in the story:
"Only three elevator manufacturers —
Schindler, ThyssenKrupp and Otis — could credibly compete, he said."

Ace was the subcontractor who won the contract from Otis. IOW, Otis put the maintenance contract out to bid, and hired Ace.

so, how did a no-name company called ACE elevator, which appears to be a mobbed up front company, manage to land the contract to upgrade the wtc elevators following the 1993 bombing?

What makes you think they are mobbed up? I mean, New Jersey, obviously, but what else?

an upgrade that was the largest in all of recorded history. then ACE seems to have disappeared, though i have tracked a few employees to charlotte,n.c. and then england. the company seems to have gone brigadoon on us.

There are quite a few Ace Elevator businesses in and around Palisades Park:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmzbygq/ace-elevator-co

Ace Elevator CO
139 E Central Boulevard
Palisades Park, NJ 07650-1700

(201) 933-1551

Ace Elevator CO in Palisades Park, NJ is a private company categorized under Elevators Sales and Elevator Service. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $20 to 50 million and employs a staff of approximately 50 to 99.

http://www.powerprofiles.com/profile/00 ... E+FERRY-NJ

ACE ELEVATOR CO INC

Address:
3 HARDING PL
Little Ferry, New Jersey 07643
USA

Phone: (201) 440-0156

Classification:
Industrial Machinery and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers

Est. Total Employees: 2
Est. Total Sales: $340,000

ACE ELEVATOR CO INC is a Industrial Machinery and Equipment Merchant Wholesalers company located in Little Ferry, New Jersey.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ace-elevator-co ... sades-park

Ace Elevator Corp

416 Commercial Ave
Palisades Park, NJ 07650

(201) 585-7053

Have you called any of them?
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby barracuda » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/attack/2001/12/19/usat-mechanics.htm

When the World Trade Center was bombed in 1993, Otis Elevator's mechanics led the rescue of 500 people trapped in elevators. Some mechanics were dropped onto the roofs of the twin towers by helicopter. Others, carrying 50-pound oxygen tanks on their backs, climbed through smoke to machine rooms high in the towers. On Sept. 11, the elevator mechanics — many of the same men involved in the rescues in 1993 — left the buildings after the second jet struck, nearly an hour before the first building collapsed.

The 83-person elevator crew worked for ACE Elevator, a small Palisades Park, N.J., company that won the maintenance contract from Otis in 1994.

At the time the elevator mechanics left, dozens of people were trapped in stuck elevators. Other people lost their lives trying to rescue those trapped in elevators, including a mechanic from another company who rushed to the Trade Center from down the street.

The departure of elevator mechanics from a disaster site is unusual. The industry takes pride in rescues. In the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, elevator mechanics worked closely with the firefighters making rescues.

"Nobody knows the insides of a high-rise like an elevator mechanic. They act as guides for firefighters, in addition to working on elevators," says Robert Caporale, editor of Elevator World, a trade magazine.

In an interview, ACE Elevator President Ron Baamonde says the crewmembers left on their own because they were in danger. He says ACE followed the Trade Center's emergency plan. After a jet hit the north tower, 81 crewmembers reported to the fire command station in the south tower lobby. Two reported by radio.

"We did a head count and were ready to deploy for rescue. The second plane hit. It was chaotic, people screaming and yelling," Baamonde says. "You couldn't get out the front door because debris was falling. There was a mass exodus through the underground of the complex."

The elevator crew joined the underground exodus. The south tower fell about 56 minutes later. During that time, firefighters and Port Authority workers struggled to free the trapped passengers.

The World Trade Center had 99 elevators in each tower. David Bobbitt, a Port Authority maintenance supervisor, made contact by intercom with about 75 elevators in the north tower. He says 10 elevators were stuck. "Some elevators had one or two people. Others had four of five," Bobbitt says.

"Some were very emotional, as you can imagine. I heard crying and screaming. Others were calm," Bobbitt says.

Elevators in the south tower were more crowded. People were using them to evacuate, not knowing the second hijacked jet was on the way.

Bobbitt spoke to his counterpart in the south tower, Jim Barbella, five minutes before the building collapsed. Barbella, who died, reported that the stuck elevators included an express car with 19 people.

Baamonde says two ACE managers were trying to return to the building when it collapsed.

"Our people miraculously left when the second plane hit, and it saved our lives," Baamonde says.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Nordic wrote:i'd be real interested in that, db. if you want to post more about that. one of the most haunting little details about 911 was that woman who got fake drivers licenses for some of the wtc "workers" who was later killed in her car and set ablaze while rolling down a lonely country road one night. in tennessee. can't remember her name right now and can't look it up at the moment but plenty of you know what i'm talking about. i always figured a key to the truth would be to find these people. there were arabic men who had passes to work on the sprinklers prior to 911.

then there are sarah palin's parents, who were hired to kill the rats in the post 911 rubble. that has always stuck in my craw.

Katherine Smith. That's the whole "Rocky Hammas/Memphis DMV" nexus very few people know about
http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... _9-11.html

A deep truth researcher I knew online a while back(who I havent heard from in a good four years) managed to trace the origins of the plumber front company Hammad was employed at in NY/NJ area, which seemed to be a front for Russian mafia stuff. That whole Hammas saga is strange, as it leads to a case where a professor was found with bombs strapped to his chest if Im not mistaken. Fox News' Michelle Malkin back when she WAS a truther in 2002 even wrote a column about the whole odd saga.

And you know, I dithered on this aspect because of the implications years ago...but one has to wonder about the role of Israel. All those front companies like Zim, Urban Moving systems. Hell the "5 dancing Israelis" admitted they were there to "document the event". And witnesses place at least 5-7 white vans being driven by Israelis posing as Arab terrorists in and around the NYC/NJ area the morning of 9/11(and 1 possibly in Sarasota Florida) Israeli art students/spies lived next door to a few of the 9/11 hijackers in Florida as well as to alleged terror fundraisers in Dallas Texas during 2000 and 2001.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby SonicG » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:19 am

I'm pretty skeptical on this angle but had never heard about the elevator company story.
Interestingly, this USA Today story says:

On Sept. 11, ACE Elevator of Palisades Park, N.J., had 80 elevator mechanics inside the World Trade Center.

One of the ACE Elevator companies mentioned in Barracuda's post only has a total of some 60 employees so it was a pretty big operation so you have to wonder if it is still around...Poking around on the net I found this Ace Elevator company with a very rudimentary boiler-plate website, and offices in Naples ( :whisper: ) Florida...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 am

I'm not saying people here don't get this or haven't gotten it already. But you have no idea the flurry of activity in any downtown building let alone the WTC. Everything could have been and probably was hidden in plain sight. I am 95% sure it was CD. And was the day after it happened and with absolutely no modern RI-ified "conspiracy angles". The shit should have toppled with some of the building remaining. My opinion only and one I do not spout out to just anybody even though this has all been covered here ad infinitum.

However, when I was a kid, I got away with a bunch of Nintendo games and Cure cassettes and such, by hiding my shoplifting in plain sight. It wasn't until I began to "hide" my shoplifting that I wound up getting caught, busted and stopped doing it ever again. It's an easy, easy technique.

Now, what about all the people involved? Some may have not of known and were just pulling a paycheck, installing what they were directed to install, fix what needed to be fixed, maintain what needed to be maintained. And it would have been easy to devise cavities within whatever they were told to throw in the shafts with nascent thermite. Easy. How often does anybody go to a job and just unquestioningly do what you are tasked to do? All the time.

But again, the flurry of activity, the sheer human action in the WTC, is what hid it. IMO. Tens if not in the hundreds of thousands of people coming and going per day all in their own little worlds. Easy to wire that shit up for demolition again, IMO. Especially with security being run by that bush family member or whatever it was.

This Empire State story seems a little "limited hangouty" to me. However, should that building fall because of "something" it would indeed be the straw that breaks the camel's back and ignite something we do not want to see. Which, by rule, is what "they" would want to see.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby dbcooper41 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:45 am

the wtc ace elevator ceased to exist in 2004.
fwiw, their last contract was with BOVIS(who handled the wtc clean up)

from this we learn ACE filed for bankruptcy in 21-dec-2004

http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov/opinions/rdd/115931_152_opinion.pdf
ACE’s business was, and, to the extent that it still has a business, is, the
construction, modernization, maintenance and repair of elevators in the New York City
area.7 ACE built the elevator systems in the World Trade Center and until September 11,
2001 had been their sole servicer, from which it derived 90 percent of its revenue.8
Unable to make up enough of that income from other sources, ACE filed under chapter
11 on December 21, 2004.
dbcooper41

Postby dbcooper41 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:04 pm

here's a description of the modernization work done by ace. it was written by Robert Baamonde, Jr who was i believe the brother or nephew of ron baamonde, president of ace elevator.
as you can see there was ample time and opportunity to pull whatever wiring was needed.
they also had plenty of opportunity to make structuralmods as required.
also the SCR technology they refer to was hardly cutting edge in 2001.

http://www.elevator-world.com/magazine/archive01/0103-002.html-ssi

Copyright© 2001 Elevator World, Inc. – Posted 2/20/01
These stories have been reformatted to appear online.
Subscribe now for complete version.

DRIVE TO THE TOP
by Robert Baamonde, Jr.

At a time when new construction is dominating the market, ACE Elevator undertook what was perhaps, one of the largest, most sophisticated elevator
modernization programs in the industry's history. This "towering" achievement took place at New York City's prestigious World Trade Center (WTC), with the
completion of the first six members of the elite "Shuttle Fleet."

This project was originally intended to operate with the existing 275kW motor-generator sets that were specifically designed for the WTC project. However,
both the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and ACE Elevator Co. Inc. had the collective vision of utilizing cutting-edge, solid-state-drive
technology to replace the existing motor generator sets.

All the parties involved felt that implementing this innovation would significantly enhance the elevators' operation and eliminate countless problems
associated with the motor generator rotating elements. Although similar technology is used every day throughout the elevator industry, no equipment available at the time met the power requirements demanded by this type of installation.

New technology had to be developed to achieve what was in mind. The WTC shuttle fleet represents, arguably the largest, fastest and most menacing equipment in the industry. The dynamics of the shuttle cars, together with unique logistical obstacles from within the complex, posed challenging engineering and installation scenarios far exceeding the typical modernization program.

Towers A and B consist of a total of 46 shuttle elevators, capable of moving up to 460,000 pounds, at speeds of 1,600 feet per minute. Within a 60-second
time frame, as many as 4,000 passengers travel distances exceeding 100,000 vertical feet in a single roundtrip and some 75 miles of large diameter hoist
cable are used to lift these vertical beasts.

Yet, with an installation abundant in highly specialized componentry, the heart and soul of this operation remains the highly customized "Motor-Drive
System." Although having endured a tedious, and at times exasperating, engineering evolution, ACE Elevator prevailed in implementing and installing new silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR) drives on the shuttle fleet. This upgrade made a positive impact on both the fleet's efficiency and overall operation.

The contribution this innovation made was instrumental in the WTC's recognition as Building Owners and Managers Association's (BOMA) "Building of the Year."

This honor was bestowed upon the Port Authority at both the regional and national levels.

Original Technical Specifications

The existing generator sets were replaced with SCR drives. Due to the power requirements of the aforementioned equipment, new drive componentry would be design-specific to WTC. ACE engineers, in conjunction with outside vendors, developed a system capable of powering the massive equipment with no negative effects to the building's power supply.

The use of SCRs for this installation required an isolation transformer, choke and harmonic filter as outlined below.

Isolation Transformer: 450 KVA-4250 lbs. (WPI)
Choke: 5MH-500A-2280 lbs. (WPI)
Harmonic Filter: 210KVAR-1280 lbs. 350BP(TVI)
SCR Drive: DSD-412 10 to 1250 amp (MagneTek)

The size of the new SCR drive enclosure was too large to fit in the elevator machine room. The choke and isolation transformer were also too large to be
installed within the machine room space. The original motor-generator room, which could house this equipment, was located seven floors below the machine level. In order to support the combined weight of the new equipment in the existing motor generator room, a steel platform had to be erected, consisting of steel I-beams welded to the building steel and steel plates attached to the I-beams forming a mounting foundation. All the above equipment was isolated from the building steel by special high tensile rubber pads.

Installations of two separate trough runs (one high voltage and one communication) from the elevator motor room to the motor generator room seven floors away, proved a challenge. A run of approximately 80 vertical feet, employed over 300 running feet of 2-1/2" x 8" and 2"x 2" trough raceway. This run traveled through plaster ceilings, concrete floors and around structural steel. The remote location necessitated the installation of a new 800 amp service disconnect switch with a remote shunt trip, installed in each motor generator room.

The following represents the tasks encountered by the modernization teams of ACE Elevator. The WTC shuttle fleet would present engineering obstacles both
technical and logistical. Unique in design, prior to the modernization, equipment of choice would have to interface with one of the most technically
challenging elevator installations industry wide.

Capacity (lbs.): 10,000

Speed (fpm): 1,600

Travel in Feet: 1,350

Hoist Motor: 339 HT 52,000 (lbs.)

Horsepower: 350

Generator (Original): 275kW 10,000 (lbs.)

Roping: 1:1 double wrap

Hoist Ropes: 13/16"

Comp Ropes: 1-1/2"

Safety: Duplex wedge clamp (car and counterweight)

Buffers (oil type): 84" stroke car and cwt. (2) car (2) counterweight

Operation: Group Automatic

Door Configuration: 2 SPD center opening (62" x 84") front and rear

Cab (Platform) size: 7'3" X 13'3"

A harmonic filter was installed for the purpose of dissipating and reducing harmonics thereby preventing electrical contamination of building power that is
often caused by SCR drive systems. In addition, installation of line starters and circuitry were also utilized, preventing the in-rush of 480v to the primary
side of multiple isolation transformers. If and when the building went to an emergency power condition, line starters could provide the sequential
re-energizing of the fleet.

The CEC-built controller originally utilized a tape reader for position; however, high rise and speed warranted modifications to a tapeless system. Special
proximity limits were designed for reliability and reduced maintenance. High capacity and rise along with rope stretch necessitated the development of
special circuitry to facilitate proper relevelling during the loading and unloading process.

As with any high-rise steel building, high winds can raise havoc with high-rise elevators. During windy days when the sway of the building is greater than 1
mG, the speed of all the shuttle elevators are automatically reduced to 1,000 feet per minute, with a degraded speed curve. Also due to the building design,
two express elevators share a common hoistway enclosure, therefore special software was designed to insure that the two shuttle cars sharing the same
hoistway enclosure would never start to run in the same direction at the same time. An adjustable software delay allows the cars to run in the same direction
after a minimum gap of 20 floors.

The capacities and speed at which the WTC shuttle cars operate, made the replacement of the motor generator sets with SCR drives quite a challenge.
dbcooper41

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 pm

82_28 wrote:I'm not saying people here don't get this or haven't gotten it already. But you have no idea the flurry of activity in any downtown building let alone the WTC. Everything could have been and probably was hidden in plain sight. I am 95% sure it was CD. And was the day after it happened and with absolutely no modern RI-ified "conspiracy angles". The shit should have toppled with some of the building remaining. My opinion only and one I do not spout out to just anybody even though this has all been covered here ad infinitum.

However, when I was a kid, I got away with a bunch of Nintendo games and Cure cassettes and such, by hiding my shoplifting in plain sight. It wasn't until I began to "hide" my shoplifting that I wound up getting caught, busted and stopped doing it ever again. It's an easy, easy technique.

Now, what about all the people involved? Some may have not of known and were just pulling a paycheck, installing what they were directed to install, fix what needed to be fixed, maintain what needed to be maintained. And it would have been easy to devise cavities within whatever they were told to throw in the shafts with nascent thermite. Easy. How often does anybody go to a job and just unquestioningly do what you are tasked to do? All the time.

But again, the flurry of activity, the sheer human action in the WTC, is what hid it. IMO. Tens if not in the hundreds of thousands of people coming and going per day all in their own little worlds. Easy to wire that shit up for demolition again, IMO. Especially with security being run by that bush family member or whatever it was.

This Empire State story seems a little "limited hangouty" to me. However, should that building fall because of "something" it would indeed be the straw that breaks the camel's back and ignite something we do not want to see. Which, by rule, is what "they" would want to see.

Yes but who? Who would be personally ordering such things? To me all things, if we're to go down *that* route, point to Mossad. You look at the suspicious actions of front Israeli companies in the WTC, white vans as black ops by Israeli spooks all over the area, etc. I think Core of Corruption is probably the best documentary Ive seen covering the little known explosion/CD angle, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Pakistani ISI, CIA, etc. It even covers the witnesses who saw and felt explosions in the PATH subways systems around the underneath of the WTC.

This is all that remained of the Warner Brothers/Looney Tunes store in the shopping mall under the WTC complex

To me, kind of fitting...
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Nordic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:00 pm

sure, hiding in plain sight is the way to go. just like shoplifting, the best way to do that is to actually buy something, with whatever you're nicking hidden on your person.

i've often thought a great way to do a building like wtc is to simply ups the explosives to every office on the day. guaranteed delivery before 10 o clock or whatever. radio controlled detonators, kaboom.
nobody would suspect a thing, ups is all over the buiding every damn day. use the system as it exists. why make it more difficult than it needs to be?

what always gets me with the "it couldn't have been cd" crowd is they assume the detonation would have to be traditional old-school detonation, with every single charge physically wired together. modern wireless technology would take care opf that little problem. the whole damn operation was probably on autopilot at some point' all running from a single computer in some office in building 7.

hell you could easily know when each and every parcel had been delivered to each office suite, with all the info going to said computer, with the signals to the planes to finally be guided into the buildings automatically occurring at a certain point. other crucial munitions were likely installed during the elevator "repaira" and with the "sprinkler" repairs. the more simply the whole plan was set up the better. remember whoever did this undoubtedly had access to technology that was not available to consumers yet, and may still not be known.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby 666 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Bush-Linked Company Handled Security for the WTC, Dulles and United
by Margie Burns

George W. Bush's brother was on the board of directors of a company providing electronic security for the World Trade Center, Dulles International Airport and United Airlines, according to public records. The company was backed by an investment firm, the Kuwait-American Corp., also linked for years to the Bush family.

The security company, formerly named Securacom and now named Stratesec, is in Sterling, Va.. Its CEO, Barry McDaniel, said the company had a ``completion contract" to handle some of the security at the World Trade Center ``up to the day the buildings fell down."

It also had a three-year contract to maintain electronic security systems at Dulles Airport, according to a Dulles contracting official. Securacom/Stratesec also handled some security for United Airlines in the 1990s, according to McDaniel, but it had been completed before his arriving on the board in 1998.

McDaniel confirmed that the company has security contracts with the Department of Defense, including the U.S. Army, but did not detail the nature of the work, citing security concerns. It has an ongoing line with the General Services Administration - meaning that its bids for contracts are noncompetitive - and also did security work for the Los Alamos laboratory before 1998.

Marvin P. Bush, the president's youngest brother, was a director at Stratesec from 1993 to fiscal year 2000. But the White House has not publicly disclosed Bush connections in any of its responses to 9/11, nor has it mentioned that another Bush-linked business had done security work for the facilities attacked.

Marvin Bush joined Securacom when it was capitalized by the Kuwait-American Corporation, a private investment firm in D.C. that was the security company's major investor, sometimes holding a controlling interest. Marvin Bush has not responded to telephone calls and e-mails for comment.

KuwAm has been linked to the Bush family financially since the Gulf War. One of its principals and a member of the Kuwaiti royal family, Mishal Yousef Saud al Sabah, served on the board of Stratesec.

The managing director at KuwAm, Wirt D. Walker III, was also a principal at Stratesec, and Walker, Marvin Bush and al Sabah are listed in SEC filings as significant shareholders in both companies during that period.

Marvin Bush's last year on the board at Stratesec coincided with his first year on the board of HCC Insurance, formerly Houston Casualty Co., one of the insurance carriers for the WTC. He left the HCC board in November 2002.

But none of these connections has been looked at during the extensive investigations since 9/11. McDaniel says principals and other personnel at Stratesec have not been questioned or debriefed by the FBI or other investigators. Walker declined to answer the same question regarding KuwAm, referring to the public record.

Walker is also chairman and CEO of Aviation General, a Tulsa, Okla.-based aviation company with two subsidiaries. SEC filings also show al Sabah as a principal and shareholder in Aviation General, which was recently delisted by the Nasdaq. Stratesec was delisted by the American Stock Exchange in October 2002.

The suite in which Marvin Bush was annually re-elected, according to public records, is located in the Watergate in space leased to the Saudi government. The company now holds shareholder meetings in space leased by the Kuwaiti government there. The White House has not responded to various requests for comment.

Speaking of the Watergate, Riggs National Bank, where Saudi Princess Al-Faisal had her ``Saudi money trail" bank account, has as one of its executives Jonathan Bush, an uncle of the president. The public has not learned whether Riggs - which services 95 percent of Washington's foreign embassies - will be turning over records relating to Saudi finance.

Meanwhile, Bush has nominated William H. Donaldson to head the Securities and Exchange Commission. Donaldson, a longtime Bush family friend, was a Yale classmate of Jonathan Bush.

On the very day of the tragic space shuttle crash, the government appointed an independent investigative panel, and rightly so. Why didn't it do the same on Sept. 12, 2001?

Margie Burns, a teacher and writer, lives in Cheverly, Maryland.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0204-06.htm
Life is flesh on bone convulsing above the ground.

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am

Nordic wrote:sure, hiding in plain sight is the way to go. just like shoplifting, the best way to do that is to actually buy something, with whatever you're nicking hidden on your person.

i've often thought a great way to do a building like wtc is to simply ups the explosives to every office on the day. guaranteed delivery before 10 o clock or whatever. radio controlled detonators, kaboom.
nobody would suspect a thing, ups is all over the buiding every damn day. use the system as it exists. why make it more difficult than it needs to be?

what always gets me with the "it couldn't have been cd" crowd is they assume the detonation would have to be traditional old-school detonation, with every single charge physically wired together. modern wireless technology would take care opf that little problem. the whole damn operation was probably on autopilot at some point' all running from a single computer in some office in building 7.

hell you could easily know when each and every parcel had been delivered to each office suite, with all the info going to said computer, with the signals to the planes to finally be guided into the buildings automatically occurring at a certain point. other crucial munitions were likely installed during the elevator "repaira" and with the "sprinkler" repairs. the more simply the whole plan was set up the better. remember whoever did this undoubtedly had access to technology that was not available to consumers yet, and may still not be known.

Well, one could argue that military grade thermite spray could be applied to a bevy of core columns, so that the resulting plane impact and fuel based fire/structural damage would be accelerated.
8bitagent

Next

Return to General Discussion