The Hum.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Hum.

Postby barracuda » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 pm

“The Hum” Heard In Costa Rica

On the 9th of January, 2012, Costa Ricans awoke to a strange loud sound that emanated from the sky. The frightened Ticos called the authorities to report the apocalyptic-sounding hum. The explanation they received, left many of them suspicious. No way was the thunderous sound anywhere near what fireworks sound like. The authorities though, remained steadfast in pushing their fireworks explanation to the nervous callers.

The same night at the precise moment the reports began, the Zapote Fair was having it’s closing ceremonies whereas they set off some 150+ high powered fireworks in to the sky. - CostanRicanNewssite

The strange sound heard over Costa Rica is somewhat of a global phenomenon. For the last few years (more so these last few months) there have been reports of a strange, and very loud, sound that appears to come from the sky. It’s been reported and many countries like Ukraine, Canada and different parts of Europe. Now, we get the latest reports from the small country of Costa Rica. Just what exactly is going on?

I’ve been following the reports of the strange hum and posting the findings here on GhostTheory for a few months now. I’m not really sure what this sound is to tell you the truth. I’ve read plenty of forums where people link the sounds to some diabolical HARRP project. Some of them make sense, others sound just to out there to be real. For example, one post mentioned that the sound was a “testing phase” for some secret military “earthquake machine”. OK, I can see how that is a conspiracy theory, but the question that we would have to ask ourself (if we went that route) would be: What government?

Here are a few videos taken in Costa Rica when the sound was heard:

Of course, these sounds are not the sounds of “150+ high powered fireworks“. These sounds similar to those sounds heard in Ukraine, Belarus and Alberta.

What are these strange sounds? Some government death ray/sound machine? Earthquake machine? The more of these reports come up, the more I concerned. Whatever these sounds are, they sure as hell sound ominous
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The Hum.

Postby Gnomad » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:18 pm

la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

I live out in the desert, although during the first few years after we moved in, it was MUCH more deserted than it is now. Now it's more like a suburb.

Several years ago (5? 6? 7? I can't remember) on a couple of occasions at night, while standing on a balcony, I heard this deep sound, quite loudly, seeming to come from the sky, although I could see no source for it. My husband said it was probably a fighter or spy plane breaking the sound barrier or something, since there is an military air force base somewhere nearby (don't ask me where -- all I know is it's close) but that's very unlikely: it was regular and rhythmic, slow and heavy sounding. Something like this:
hhhhhHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm...hhhhhHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm...
hhhhhHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm...hhhhhHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm

It went on for a long time, like half an hour or even longer. Unlike the Costa Ricans, however, I never heard anybody else mention it, though we did have some neighbors. Then again, I never mentioned it to anybody else before, either.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby justdrew » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm

so they were able to record the sound? Older reports of Hums were often NOT recordable IIRC with normal audio equipment (possibly due to the frequency being too low)
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:48 pm

I've been following this for a bit as well.

in the sounds thread I wrote:

I think this is a different phenomena to the taos hum and that sort of thing. At least it seems as though it is based on the descriptions of people that hear it.

The op recordings are very similar to the ukrainian and canadian godzilla sounds.

The imagination runs wild.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby justdrew » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 pm

sounds like slow-motion skyquaks

apparently there was a mystery-boom here in Portland a little less than a year ago. not sure I recall noticing it or not.

http://mysterybooms.blogspot.com/
justdrew

Postby Stephen Morgan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 am

Sand dunes often hum. Reverberate.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Bryter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:08 am

AlicetheKurious wrote:... it was regular and rhythmic, slow and heavy sounding. Something like this:

I heard something like this in Scotland a couple of months back. Like distant thunder, except very rhythmic and lasting about 10 mins. Very ominous. I didn't know at the time that it was a worldwide phenomenon. Interesting.
Bryter

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:04 am

brainpanhandler wrote:The op recordings are very similar to the ukrainian and canadian godzilla sounds.

The imagination runs wild.

The Ukranian videos were chilling. I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around what I was hearing - certainly sounded industrial, but one would expect the locals to be able to readily identify it - not to all be so shocked by it that they wander around in a daze recording it. I grew up in an industrial area back when there was still industry, and steel mills aren't anywhere near that deafening and omnipresent.

I thought we had a thread about this awhile back, or was that reddit?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby justdrew » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am

Stephen Morgan wrote:Sand dunes often hum. Reverberate.

yep, I thought I remembered something about that. Here's a link...

Why Sand Dunes Go Boom
It sounds like a low-flying propeller plane or maybe the deep humming of an electric wire. The booming sound made by some sand dunes has been a mystery for centuries.

justdrew

Postby swindled69 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I live in Colorado about 100 miles as the crow flies from the Earthquake that we had last year.

I live in a bit of a canyon that opens up to a bigger valley right on the outskirts of a small town in the southwestern corner. Things get amplified coming through this Canyon and I can say with earnestness that I am hearing very real and very weird noises, nightly.

Ever stood next to a huge electrical transformer? Bingo. Very low, almost inaudible waves of energy or electricity, wah wah wah wah wah and a very low frequency sustained hum. If you close your eyes and really focus in on it, it becomes quite discernible and rather unnerving.

I've tried to record what I'm hearing but I think the sound is just too low of a frequency.
swindled69

Postby barracuda » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:49 pm

An example from Tampa Bay occurring on the day of the Virginia earthquake, August 23, 2011.

barracuda

Postby psynapz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:54 pm

AlicetheKurious wrote:it was regular and rhythmic, slow and heavy sounding. Something like this:

barracuda wrote:An example from Tampa Bay occurring on the day of the Virginia earthquake, August 23, 2011.

Wow.

What I hear doesn't oscillate in frequency, just amplitude. In other words, same pitch gets lounder then quieter. Like a distant diesel engine idling but passing by, distantly.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Another:

What do the maya say about weird sounds and rumblings from the sky and earth?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby AlicetheKurious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm

The one in Tampa Bay, in the video posted by Barracuda, is a lot higher pitched and sounds like a trapped wind, or a draught, and the one on the video posted by brainpanhandler is much faster and more irregular.

The sound I heard was heavy and deep and slow and the intervals were regular, mechanical. It was loud and pervasive, seemed to come from the sky (or more accurately, from everywhere outside), but there was nothing to see and nobody and nothing around for miles and miles. I remember it very clearly because I stood on my balcony for a long time, listening very intently, trying to figure out what it could possibly be, but was utterly baffled. I heard it again a few days later, when it didn't last as long, but otherwise never heard anything like it before or since.

This is frustrating. I can't help but wonder if it's something military-related. Most weird things seem to be, don't they?
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Next

Return to General Discussion