Re: DARPA's “significant step" towards spatio-temporal cloak

Postby Nordic » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

This is basically how it's supposed to work:

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Forgetting2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Stephen Morgan wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll believe it when I don't see it.
You know what you finally say, what everybody finally says, no matter what? I'm hungry. I'm hungry, Rich. I'm fuckin' starved. -- Cutter's Way
Forgetting2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Ben D » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Invisible Planes: China, US Race for Cloaking Tech | Military.com

Dec 17, 2013

New stealth technology makes airplanes invisible not only to radar, it renders them hidden to the human eye as well -- just like an invisibility cloak in a Hollywood sci-fi thriller.News reports from China last week touted the country's work on a "cloaking" technology that uses a hexagonal array of glass-like panels to bend light around an object,

obscuring it from view as though hidden by an invisibility cloak. Experts say the technology is legit -- and not unlike American and European projects from the past few years.

"The general public … might not hear about how far the U.S. has really come, because it is and should remain classified," firearms expert Chris Sajnog, a former Navy SEAL, told FoxNews.com. "Other countries are still playing catch-up -- but they're closing the gap."

But while classified work progresses, several public projects from universities and military supply companies show just how real this futuristic technology is.

How to disappear completely

Professor Chen Hongsheng at China's Zhejiang University demonstrated a device that made a fish invisible and a cat disappear, according to the South China Morning Post, a Hong Kong daily.

The professor's team is one of 40 funded by the Chinese government during the last three years, the paper reported. Some projects use materials that shuttle light away from an object; alternatives create electromagnetic fields that bend it away -- truly high-tech camouflage.

"The idea isn't new, but materials enabling the technology are becoming more available," David R. Ricketts, professor of engineering at North Carolina State University, told FoxNews.com. "It's like we see in the movies. If you tape a picture of an empty hallway to a security camera, the person looking at the camera sees an empty room -- even though you could be walking through the hallway. The ‘cloaking' approach simply takes the light on one side of the object and transmits it on the other so that you don't see the object in between."

Another Chinese professor, Ma Yungui, an optical engineer at Zhejiang University, is working on a device that prevents objects from being detected by heat sensors or metal detectors, the Post said. As small as a matchbox, it interferes with infrared camera detection, too -- allowing troops to move secretly in the night.

The Chinese professors did not return calls from FoxNews.com seeking comment.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby elfismiles » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 pm

elfismiles » 07 Sep 2013 17:09 wrote:via
Re: Organised stalking?
Postby elfismiles » 07 Sep 2013 16:47
viewtopic.php?p=520749#p520749

Fortean Times #305 / October 2013 - USA edition

MIND WARS - One man's story of state-sponsored gangstalking, secret technology and invisible assailants
By Robert Guffey

[EDIT/ADD: within this article by Guffey he cites his previously published interview with Richard Schowengerdt who claims to have developed optical camouflage tech that was stolen by SAIC. The pdf of this interview, featured in a 2007 issue of UFO Magazine, can be found here: http://www.chameleo.net/ToSeeTheInvisibleMan.pdf ]
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to General Discussion