Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 6:48 pm

video of runner throwing something to the old guy that fell down at the finish line. (remember him? he was going to become the iconic image of this event, IIRC, according to someone on the very early pages of this thread anyway.) Anyway, it`s suspicious as hell.

http://vimeo.com/65993774
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Sun May 19, 2013 7:05 pm

does anyone remember that comedy piece where it's just random city street life, people walking by, then someone does a voice over that makes it seem like all the random people are extras taking direction?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 7:22 pm

justdrew wrote:does anyone remember that comedy piece where it's just random city street life, people walking by, then someone does a voice over that makes it seem like all the random people are extras taking direction?

yeah, it`d be great if that is what this was, but it isn`t. nevermind the analysis provided by the video uploader, just look at what happens.
Why do you think that jogger throws something to that man?
What do you think it is?
Why does he catch it and then take a dive?
etc..
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby justdrew » Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
justdrew wrote:does anyone remember that comedy piece where it's just random city street life, people walking by, then someone does a voice over that makes it seem like all the random people are extras taking direction?

yeah, it`d be great if that is what this was, but it isn`t. nevermind the analysis provided by the video uploader, just look at what happens.
Why do you think that jogger throws something to that man?
What do you think it is?
Why does he catch it and then take a dive?
etc..

I don't think anything was thrown to that man, I think a little piece of plastic junk flew off the walls along the sidewalk bounced off the woman and the guy caught it before falling. The explosion goes off and you can see the sidewalk lines 'walls' expand outward. It's just a small piece of detritus, other such little plastic junk can be seen moving around on the ground.

I could find other video and do the same thing attributing my own pre-chosen meaning to random human behaviors caught on video.

If I had some 911 video I could probably easily find a bit and say, there! see that guy, he just pressed the button on the detonator for the CD explosives to go off.

It's just really easy to read into video like this
justdrew

Postby 8bitagent » Sun May 19, 2013 7:43 pm

justdrew wrote:
If I had some 911 video I could probably easily find a bit and say, there! see that guy, he just pressed the button on the detonator for the CD explosives to go off.

This is why the CT research community is a cesspool that long ago ceased being about literal truth seeking, and became virtually a parody of itself and the common stereotype people have of "tinfoil hatters". Comment sections spammed with "OMG CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO THAT SHOWS THE HOAX OF xxxx event!" and an aggressive bullhornish behavior is no different than Tea Party folks spamming comment sections about Obama.
At the height of "9/11 truth", which in hindsight deserved all the "twoofer" hate for it's bullheaded foolishness, did we hear a lot from Mike Berger, John Judge, Kyle Hence, Kevin Fenton, Sander Hicks, Peter Scott, etc? Nuuuupe.
No we had an endless parade of aggressive bullhorner clowns and a gatekeeperish vangaurd pushing everything onto CONTROLLED DEMOLITION(heavy emphasis on the caps)
Sure, arguing with "sheeple" who "can't see the evidence before their eyes" may seem frustrating, but these tactics and false arguments had the negative effect.
In fact, this CT fad has 'won' in a way...now millions of people can 'question' events with slap-dashed irresponsible videos promoting all sorts of dangerously wrong disinfo('actors', 'hoaxes', etc)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 pm

justdrew wrote:
I don't think anything was thrown to that man, I think a little piece of plastic junk flew off the walls along the sidewalk bounced off the woman and the guy caught it before falling. The explosion goes off and you can see the sidewalk lines 'walls' expand outward. It's just a small piece of detritus, other such little plastic junk can be seen moving around on the ground.

I could find other video and do the same thing attributing my own pre-chosen meaning to random human behaviors caught on video.

I didn't say it was a detonator. I said I think it is highly sus, 'cause it is. it makes no sense that that old guy would have tried to catch something - and if you watch the video you can clearly see that she throws it. She looks back afterward to see what has happened, too, and then she covers her ears. I know sound travels more slowly than light, but come on. :)

Don't mix this up with imagined 9/11 footage, anyway. I'm talking about *this* video of *this* event. Thanks.

Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 7:56 pm

8bitagent wrote:
justdrew wrote:

This is why the CT research community is a cesspool that long ago ceased being about literal truth seeking, and became virtually a parody of itself and the common stereotype people have of "tinfoil hatters". Comment sections spammed with "OMG CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO THAT SHOWS THE HOAX OF xxxx event!" and an aggressive bullhornish behavior is no different than Tea Party folks spamming comment sections about Obama.
At the height of "9/11 truth", which in hindsight deserved all the "twoofer" hate for it's bullheaded foolishness, did we hear a lot from Mike Berger, John Judge, Kyle Hence, Kevin Fenton, Sander Hicks, Peter Scott, etc? Nuuuupe.
No we had an endless parade of aggressive bullhorner clowns and a gatekeeperish vangaurd pushing everything onto CONTROLLED DEMOLITION(heavy emphasis on the caps)
Sure, arguing with "sheeple" who "can't see the evidence before their eyes" may seem frustrating, but these tactics and false arguments had the negative effect.
In fact, this CT fad has 'won' in a way...now millions of people can 'question' events with slap-dashed irresponsible videos promoting all sorts of dangerously wrong disinfo('actors', 'hoaxes', etc)

it was controlled demolition and the truth movement does not deserved to be mocked. you are like that guy in the Matrix who wanted the steak.

Canadian_watcher

Postby stickdog99 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Officer shot by friendly fire remembers nothing about the incident

Donahue doesn't recall anything about the gun battle that left him wounded on a street in suburban Watertown. His last memory from the day he almost bled to death is roll call at the start of his shift.

That was hours before Donahue responded to the call that came after authorities say bombing suspects Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev fatally shot his police academy friend, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Officer Sean Collier.

It was in Watertown that Donahue suffered a severed femoral artery when a bullet pierced his groin during a gun battle with the Tsarnaev brothers. ...

But Donahue, an MBTA officer of three years, has no memory of the encounter that nearly killed him. "As of right now, it's all been a blackout," he said.

Exactly how Donahue was wounded isn't clear. He said if his injury turned out to be from a fellow officer's bullet, he was just glad police "got the job done" at a chaotic scene where authorities said the suspects tossed explosives and fired on officers.

"If it was friendly fire, it was friendly fire, he said. "We got the job done and the other suspect got captured shortly thereafter, so I'm just happy with that."

stickdog99

Postby justdrew » Sun May 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:I didn't say it was a detonator. I said I think it is highly sus, 'cause it is. it makes no sense that that old guy would have tried to catch something

not true, if something comes flying at you not too fast, the basic reflex is to catch it.

Canadian_watcher wrote:and if you watch the video you can clearly see that she throws it.

I don't think so, her arm happened to be on a back swing at the moment the bomb went off

Canadian_watcher wrote:She looks back afterward to see what has happened, too, and then she covers her ears. I know sound travels more slowly than light, but come on. :)

she's looking back because an explosion just occurred behind her, also a pieces of something from the sidewalk miniwall had just bounced off her back... hands to ear are not to shield from sound, the sound was very short. hands to ears could be for the same reason I suspect the guy fell, the pressure wave from the bomb messed with their inner ear balance and/or just made the ears "pop" due to the sudden pressure changes. Even if her hands went to ears because of the sound, the reaction time would still be plausible for reflex.

Canadian_watcher wrote:Don't mix this up with imagined 9/11 footage, anyway. I'm talking about *this* video of *this* event. Thanks.

I was trying to give an example of how easy it is to staple a false narrative onto video
justdrew

Postby DrVolin » Sun May 19, 2013 8:40 pm

In the second video, where the object is projected back by the policeman's foot, it looks like a plastic cup.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm

I found a video showing that she had nothing in her hands just two seconds before the blast, and the video is really clear. I don't see how she could have gotten something out from even a pocket let alone her zippered pouch in the amount of time.

I really should have looked more into it before posting originally but I'm happy to have debunked myself. :clown

Canadian_watcher

Postby justdrew » Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm

well, good job :thumbsup nice find :thumbsup

Isn't it a little alarming that the hoax video is still out there and working to "infect" others? I saw on the vimeo site, someone had used the chest number to identify the woman by name, etc.
justdrew

Postby divideandconquer » Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I haven't been keeping up with this topic so I apologize if this has already been addressed; I just thought it was interesting...wanted to see if anyone else has heard about this, if it's even true.

Tamelan Tsarnaev spent 6 mo. from Jan to July 2012 training as a "militant" at the Jamestown Foundation, which is a CIA NGO in Georgia. Thus, Tamelan was CIA and was set up. Jamestown.org. The Russians contended they had hard copy proof of the training. From there on, US bent and made a deal over Syria and Caucus region with Russia where it softens its policy, resulting in the deal with Kerry reported by the news.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby justdrew » Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

divideandconquer wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this topic so I apologize if this has already been addressed; I just thought it was interesting...wanted to see if anyone else has heard about this, if it's even true.

Tamelan Tsarnaev spent 6 mo. from Jan to July 2012 training as a "militant" at the Jamestown Foundation, which is a CIA NGO in Georgia. Thus, Tamelan was CIA and was set up. Jamestown.org. The Russians contended they had hard copy proof of the training. From there on, US bent and made a deal over Syria and Caucus region with Russia where it softens its policy, resulting in the deal with Kerry reported by the news.

interesting...

but by who and when and in what way?

setup in that he didn't intend to bomb the marathon or?

here's a Jamestown article from their own Eurasia Daily Monitor pointing-by-questioning (aka leading questions) the finger at Russia...

http://www.jamestown.org/single/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=40759&tx_ttnews[backPid]=13

Is the Boston Attack a Ripple Effect of the Conflict in the North Caucasus?
Publication: Eurasia Daily Monitor Volume: 10 Issue: 75
April 22, 2013 09:37 PM Age: 27 days
By: Valery Dzutsev

The focus of the media on the suspected Boston bombers, the Tsarnaev brothers is fully justified, but understanding the wider context of the crime may be just as helpful (http://www.kavkaz-uzel.ru/articles/223152/). Whatever the brothers’ personal experience was, if it is confirmed in the end that they were indeed the perpetrators of the attack, their experience is unlikely to answer the key question of why they engaged in an act of terrorism on American soil.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s lengthy stay in Russia in 2012 has already caught the media’s attention as one of the most important and puzzling contextual questions in this story. The older Tsarnaev brother spent six months in Russia—from January to July 2012. Less than a year after his return to the United States, he may have staged the act of terrorism in Boston with the assistance of his younger brother, Jhokhar. The question of whether there was any connection between the older Tsarnaev brother’s prolonged stay in Russia and the bombing in Boston is completely legitimate. This long trip to Russia becomes an even greater puzzle when it is connected to several other related pieces of information. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) reportedly questioned Tamerlan Tsarnaev at the Russian government’s request in 2011. The Russian government communicated their concern that Tsarnaev may have been on a path to radicalization and possibly engaging in terrorist activities in Russia (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... v-injuries).

Yet, following the bombing in Boston, the Russian authorities allegedly denied they had any “significant” information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev’s activities while he was in Russia in 2012 (http://www.gazeta.ru/social/2013/04/19/5262545.shtml). If the Russian authorities had a special interest in Tsarnaev in 2011, it is highly improbable there was no interaction between him and the Russian security services when he was in Russia in 2012. Given the fact that the older brother was not even a US citizen, but only a permanent resident, he was even more vulnerable to any sanctions the Russian authorities may have deemed applicable. Another strange piece of information is the news that the Dagestani police have no interest in Tsarnaev’s contacts in the republic even now, in the wake of the Boston attack (http://www.kavkaz-uzel.ru/articles/223152/).

Given the realities in Dagestan, where friends, close and sometimes even distant relatives of insurgents are routinely questioned and harassed by the police, this reaction is very unusual. Again, it is useful to recall the sequence of events. In 2011, the Russian authorities questioned Tamerlan Tsarnaev through the FBI with regard to his possible involvement in terrorist activities in Russia; in 2012, Tsarnaev visits Russia; in 2013, Tsarnaev appears to have committed an act of terrorism in the United States, yet the Russian authorities say they are not interested in Tsarnaev’s contacts in Russia. Furthermore, it emerges that the Tsarnaev brothers’ uncle, Anzor Tsarnaev, was a law enforcement officer (http://www.kavkaz-uzel.ru/articles/223152/).

Could the Russian security services somehow be involved in any way in the Boston attack? Here we need to step back and remember the long-standing Russian propaganda campaign about Western security services fueling discontent and uprisings in the North Caucasus, including ethnic rivalry, the spread of radical Islamism, as well as financing and training of terrorist activities (http://www.rg.ru/2010/10/28/region.html). If this is purely Russian propaganda for internal consumption, then it should be taken for what it is. However, if the Russian leadership or a segment of the Russian authorities genuinely believes that the West, including the US, make use of Islamic radicals in the North Caucasus to “bring Russia to its knees,” then it is plausible that some influential people in the security services in Moscow may consider similar acts against the US as justifiable, or at the very least as conforming with the “rules of the game.”

There may also be a “cumulative effect.” While it is widely believed that the Russian government was involved in murdering Alexander Litvinenko in London in 2006 and murdering a critic of Ramzan Kadyrov in Vienna in 2009, this did not create much of a backlash in the West against the Russian authorities. At the same time one should not rule out that the Russian forces behind those attacks could have decided to continue such practices, particularly in light of the fact that the Kremlin saw a heavy US hand in backing the Russian-led opposition during the recent Moscow demonstrations last year.

Alternatively, of course, it may be that Tamerlan Tsarnaev had contacts with Doku Umarov’s Caucasus Emirate and staged the attack on the orders of the North Caucasian insurgency. The problem with this hypothesis is that Umarov announced a halt to targeting civilians in February 2012 and, since then, the insurgents have not been involved in indiscriminate violence against civilians, although there have been some attacks against civilian individuals. On April 21, the Dagestani jamaat denied any involvement in the attack in Boston (http://vdagestan.com/zayavlenie-v-svyaz ... sha.djihad). Having learned of Chechens becoming involved in the civil conflict in Syria, Umarov further urged them to refrain from participating in this distant conflict, while the war in the North Caucasus is ongoing (see EDM, March 29). In these conditions it is quite unlikely that Umarov could have ordered an attack on the US.

Whether Tamerlan Tsarnaev had some dealings with the Russian security services or with the North Caucasian insurgency—or with both—during his visit in 2012, the fact remains that less than a year after his lengthy trip he appears to have committed a terrorist attack on US soil. This invites a double-pronged response to the external side of the terrorist threat, contingent upon final results of the investigation.

First, the United States may have to start paying greater attention to resolving the conflict in the North Caucasus. The Russian authorities have emphasized that the situation in the region is an internal Russian affair, but in light of the latest events, the situation in the North Caucasus in all likelihood has started to have an adverse effect on other countries and ceased being simply Russia’s domestic matter. Second, the US should decide whether Russia has joined the cohort of states, such as Pakistan, where radicals are trained or inspired to carry out attacks against Western countries. If so, travel and extensive contacts with Russia by certain individuals will likely become more intensely monitored.
justdrew

Postby Jerky » Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm

Suspicious how? What do you imagine it is, exactly, that you're seeing, here?

Jerky

Canadian_watcher wrote:video of runner throwing something to the old guy that fell down at the finish line. (remember him? he was going to become the iconic image of this event, IIRC, according to someone on the very early pages of this thread anyway.) Anyway, it`s suspicious as hell.

http://vimeo.com/65993774
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion