Hell no, I ain't paying another $300 a month (ACA)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hell no, I ain't paying another $300 a month (ACA)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 pm

So will Obamacare cover people who have been hurt by Obama's bombs?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 pm

Carol Newquist » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 am wrote:Ian, can you show me where the woman and her children in that clip are waving the red, white and blue and reading off Republican/Democrat propaganda circulars? The analogy fails.

Personally, I have no idea what the Zimmerman family or the Trayvon Martin family said as it relates to that incident. It had no bearing on the facts of the case. However, the Left-Right false divide reaction to it was telling of the propaganda that's fed the fools of both fabricated factions.

Liberals: It was racial profiling and Gorge Zimmerman is a cold-blooded murderer who murdered Trayvon Martin because he was black.

Conservatives: Trayvon Martin was a thug, gangster wannabe who had it coming.

Neither narrative is true. Not even close. With the former group, Zimmerman was determined guilty without a trial and in the latter case Zimmerman was innocent without a trial. In both cases, the facts be damned.

I normally can't stand slimeball Beck, but if these news reports are true than he definitely has a point here
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 am

You know I love you 8Bit. But please don't post shit from the reviling Glenn Beck ever again. I watched it and he had no point. He made noises made of implements of metal to get across his "point". Post it, if you must. But know that he has been dispatched. He made no point. He was doing "Beckianisms".
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 am

82_28 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 am wrote:You know I love you 8Bit. But please don't post shit from the reviling Glenn Beck ever again. I watched it and he had no point. He made noises made of implements of metal to get across his "point". Post it, if you must. But know that he has been dispatched. He made no point. He was doing "Beckianisms".

Oh I agree with you...when he took to the air to talk about government spying, or how liberals and republicans needed to join together to protest the then coming war in Syria...I somehow automatically cringed
out of habit even though on the surface I agreed.

Thing is, and I've mentioned this before, sometimes it does feel like there are those with a vested interest in creating tinderbox situations. Akin to the LA Riots climate. Only, not strictly kept to the inner city.
I wrote a long piece how, despite the Zimmerman/Trayvon case being a spontaneous tragic event; that the media(and PTB?) most definitely used the case as a sort of social experiment.
It would not take much imagination, for those that sought such an outcome, to create an event with the intent to violently stir up some in the inner city who would understandably be outraged. And it would only then
be a matter of time between the already stirred up tea party/"patriot"/far right gun nut fringe goes into defense/offense mode. As I've opined, as much as one can never discount the lever being pulled yet
again on the "jihadist" machine in between the expected lone nut at a workplace events, by and large the biggest theme under the surface of America has been simmering racism and the stoking of flames.
I cringe when right wing talking heads use words directed at msnbc contributors as "race hustlers", but I do feel some of these vessels are intentionally wanting to stir shit up.
8bitagent

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 am

Wait, I'm not sure what you are so worked up about here. When you die, you don't own anything anymore--in fact, you don't technically "own" anything when you are alive, either, but that's another issue. Is it the inheritance thing? I personally oppose aristocracy and the laws that promote it. We do have a serious wealth concentration issue, you know. What we really NEED are better wages and salaries during a person's working life. When you're done living--well, I don't see why anyone would benefit from living off the bones.

Is this satire? If not, it should be. First of all, I'm not "so worked up." You are conflating poor people passing down ramshackle roofs over their heads and a few measly possessions with aristocracy and a wealth concentration issue? WTF? Are you serious? My wish is for an Egalitarian Society that respects and enables Freedom of Expression and Opportunity. By taking what little the poor have left whilst protecting the ever-concentrating wealth of the ruling class, you're facilitating the opposite of that wish. The ACA will make the poor, poorer and by consequence make the wealthy, wealthier. Did you read the book The Help? In that book, the blacks who lived on the other side of the tracks/river in Jackson rented their homes from the white slumlords.....the same shitbags that paid them a pittance to clean their houses and asses and cut their lawns....such a pittance that the blacks could hardly pay the rent. They were defacto slaves. Imagine your statement above in the face of that? Disgusting. :wallhead:
Carol Newquist

i'll have you know i attended the Republican Convention!

Postby IanEye » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 am

Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 am wrote:
First of all, I'm not "so worked up."

Disgusting. :wallhead:

Carol Newquist » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20 am wrote:Is it a contradiction to hold both views?

I don't know.

Shouldn't your avatar be Vincent Gardenia?
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 am

Whenever I see Beck, I see an SNL skit. He simply cannot be taken seriously. In fact, when push comes to shove and he's called on something where he may have crossed the line, he falls back on his being an entertainer as a disclaimer. I remember he did that a couple of years ago, and I thought "you spineless coward." I don't watch MSM. Hell, I hardly read alternative media any longer because, imo, it's pretty much become MSM-Lite, and if we believe the CIA controls the media message to a large extent, and I do, then it stands to reason they've now had plenty of time to co-opt any independent messaging.

That being said, I will occasionally tune into Limbaugh or Cain when I'm in the car running errands. I do it to gather a pulse on the propaganda. Their talking points come straight from the tried n true William Casey playbook. Case in point, Limbaugh yesterday, in his criticism of the originally Republican-crafted ACA legislation, was mentioning abortions at taxpayer expense to stoke the ire of the morons. They pull the same shit on the left side of this divide, although they're not as brazenly obvious as the right wing pundits which actually makes them more dangerous, imo. Slippery and more clandestine.....intellectually feeding you the message that if you want legal abortions and gay rights, you must accept and support the perpetual bombings with smiling faces.

And 8bitagent, yes, they used the Zimmerman/Martin tragedy as a platform to divide and fragment with their wicked propaganda.....and if you think about it, the case didn't even fit their fabricated conclusions. There are much better cases to choose if you want to make an argument for racial profiling. This one was always too ambiguous. This was a great case if we want to have a debate about stand-your-ground laws, but other than that, it doesn't fit the agenda both sides of the debate were propagating. They were squaring a circle. A disgusting display. Thankfully, most people didn't react as they intended. That was the one positive I took from all that. There is some light if you look close enough, albeit not much.
Carol Newquist

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 am

IanEye, if you have something to add to the discussion, then please do. Otherwise, stop stalking me. Do we have a deal? Think back to your days in 1st through 12th grade and a new kid comes to the school. He gets tested and either accepted or ostracized and bullied. But, this isn't 1st through 12th grade. This is a discussion forum, and as mature adults, we should be able to free ourselves from those onerous social proclivities. That being said, what are your thoughts and/or criticisms about the ACA? I genuinely would like to know.
Carol Newquist

there's another new kid in town

Postby IanEye » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am

Carol, perhaps you can share with us why you chose to adopt a persona based on a xenophobic right wing blowhard who can "spot fags a mile away".

Then perhaps you could describe your thought process on why you expected that persona to be welcomed with open arms around here.

It seems like a strange outfit to wear around here, perhaps you have another one?
IanEye

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 am

To all including the moderators. I want to make it clear that I am not derailing this thread and dragging the conversation into the personal. I don't feel it necessary to explain my screen name, but I will to clear the air. I consider the RI audience to be mature, intelligent adults who can figure it out. I judge people by what they say....their words.....not their screen name. But if I must be judged by my screen name, please be intelligent about it. Little Murders is a satire....a damn excellent one, at that, a message that's still very applicable today....forty years after its creation. I chose Carol as opposed to any other name because at another forum where I did battle with right wing racists, I knew it would stick in their craw to have what you describe as Carol's character carrying a message contrary to their racist blather. Well, it backfired there....they didn't get it. They thought I was a woman and called me all kind of horrible things and treated me how they must treat women IRL. It was surreal, and no matter how much I protested that I wasn't a woman, they wouldn't believe it. Eventually I just let it drop and was proud to be a woman and stuck up for women everywhere. Carol is a woman's name (in their opinion), and they had their collective mind set that I was a woman and I must be punished for talking back to them. What's ironic is that you're now chastising me about the name, but for different reasons. If I made my screen name a period, would that have been alright with you, IanEye? How about no screen name at all? Is that possible? If so, I'm fine with that if it prompts you to focus on the discussion and not the personalities.
Carol Newquist

Postby IanEye » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 am

well that didn't seem so hard.

now, about that sig line, what is so repulsive about poor people in America who have no money in their pockets?
IanEye

Postby Sounder » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:53 am

Thanks Carol, I think you are awesome and bring a breath of fresh air to RI.

Rock on.

Funny, isn't it how so many folk come to their fixed conclusions without having any clue about how far off the mark they may be.

Despite blatant evidence to the contrary.

Ya gotta laugh to keep from crying.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 am

I smell something and it's not fresh air

and IanEye has never stalked anyone here....never would stalk anyone here....the notion is laughable if not down right absurd
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:35 am

now, about that sig line, what is so repulsive about poor people in America who have no money in their pockets?

Are you serious? Can someone else answer this for IanEye? Let me give you a clue, IanEye. I'm an American (by law, but not by sentiment) and I have no money in my pocket. You're really reaching to put me in a box of your making. No boxes, please. If no one else answers for me, I will eventually explain....but as I said, I shouldn't have to explain. If I wear a gorilla outfit to a costume ball, does that make me a gorilla?

I have many favorite clips from Little Murders, but this ranks at the top, or close to the top. It highly resonates with me, IanEye, and I bet it does with many folks here who are observing our discussion with amusement, as they should.

Carol Newquist

Postby Carol Newquist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 am

Ya gotta laugh to keep from crying.

I couldn't agree more. To me, the Singularity means many things, one of those being the merging of satire with the reality it was meant to spoof and represent so that satire is no longer necessary. It's all satire now.
Carol Newquist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion