My name is Aquino - Ask Me Anything

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

My name is Aquino - Ask Me Anything

Postby elfismiles » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:02 am

Via the illustrious ATS ... :eeyaa

My name is Michael Aquino, and I think it's kind of fun to do the impossible; Ask Me Anything.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread976579/pg1

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link
A very respectful Good Morning to the ladies, gentlemen, zombies, lycanthropes, vampires, and aliens (extraterrestrial & interdimensional) of ATS. It’s a pleasure and an honor to be invited to “Ask Me Anything”, and, like my colleague Dr. Jones, I will do my best to “figure it out as I go”.

It’s always a bit startling to Google myself and discover that I am everything from a Venusian lizard to the Omen, although I daresay that would make this ATS conversation more frisky. Truthwise I began this incarnation very Ike-era square: a shy kid whose principal ambition was to become an Eagle Scout, which I did in 1961. At the University of California in 1968 I received both a Political Science B.A. and a Regular Army commission. After a year with the 1/17th Cavalry, 82nd Airborne Division, I completed the Psychological Operations Officer Course at the JFK Special Warfare Center, with the opportunity to cross-train with the concurrent Special Forces Officer Course.

1969-70 saw me in southeast Asia as a PSYOP Command & Control Team Leader and Air Operations Officer, working with American & local-allied military units as well as MACV CORDS. PSYOP was so obscure a function that I was mostly on my own, not unlike Captain Willard in Apocalypse Now. That year left me, also like him, with a lasting horror of and loathing for what I would later call “physical war” (PhysWar/PW).

I became more deeply involved in Special Operations, qualifying first in Civil Affairs and then Military Intelligence Branches. In 1976 I was selected for the Foreign Area Officer career program, cross-trained at the State Department’s Foreign Service Institute and the Central and Defense Intelligence Agencies, finally being designated one of the Army’s extremely rare Political-Military Affairs Officers. As a Defense Attaché, my assigned area was NATO/West Europe, and I also worked closely with the U.S. Information Agency. In 1987 I attended the National Defense University, then in 1990 was selected as one of the Army’s first Space Intelligence Officers. After completing Joint SIO qualification with the Air Force, I spent my final four years of active duty at Cheyenne Mountain with J2X/MJ of HQ U.S. Space Command/NORAD. Appropriately for ATS, my security clearance until my retirement was TS/Special Intelligence Access in compartments some of whose own names are themselves classified.

Academically I completed first the M.A. and then the Ph.D. in Political Science at the University of California 1980, then the M.P.A. in National Security Management at George Washington University 1987. I taught 1980-86 as Adjunct Professor of Political Science at Golden Gate University, San Francisco.

Philosophically originally an Existentialist, I met Anton Szandor LaVey in 1968 and became interested in his Church of Satan’s mixture of metaphysics and social anti-hypocrisy. I was ordained to the Satanic Priesthood in 1970 and subsequently became the Church’s senior Master next to Anton himself. In 1975 a number of us went on to found the Temple of Set, which took metaphysics beyond Judæo-Christian limitations and replaced passive social criticism with active Platonic perfectionism. I retired from the High Priesthood of Set in 1996, and am pleased to see the Temple since continue far beyond my own vision and capability.

In 2013 I finally grappled with the curse of PhysWar/PW, bringing everything that I had learned professionally, academically, and initiatorily to bear on the project that became the concept and book MindWar. In this book, presently circulating throughout the government and also available to the public, PW is overcome by reaching back into the human subconscious to replace irrational violence with creative cooperation through synchronized application of the numerous mechanisms called PsyControls (PSYCONs). This is integrated with the meticulous sociopolitical prescription of ParaPolitics, originally conceived by Raghavan Iyer (D.Phil. Oxford), to resolve international conflict not merely with no more death, injury, and destruction, but with the most enlightened moral community construction.

MindWar not only outlines the mechanism for this process, but proposes evolutionary successors to the U.S. Army’s three Special Operations branches - MindWar (replacing PSYOP), MetaForce (replacing Special Forces), and ParaPolitics (replacing Civil Affairs) - to implement it. Simultaneously the harmful, destructive components of the armed forces are retired to an “unusable” posture similar to that of nuclear weapons.

The book emphasizes the crucial necessity of ethics throughout the entire MindWar sequence. Whether the door that it opens proves a blessing or a curse depends finally upon the strength and prevalence of what Lincoln called “the better angels of our nature”.

While I am under no illusions that the PW>MW transition will be either immediate or easy, I am content to have introduced it as a concept and framework for others to refine, improve, and ultimately implement. The alternative - the blind, nihilistic savagery of PW - has simply reached an intolerable, species-fatal level.

In addition to MindWar, which I believe to be the most important, practical, and timely concern here, I will do my best to respond to all ATS questions. My only caveats are that I cannot violate classified information, or discuss anything whose answers might endanger myself or my family.

admin note:[b] This is the "real" Dr. Aquino and he is our invited guest and is graciously giving his time to our community, respect and politeness are mandatory. Rudeness or anything other than civility will result in account privileges being restricted. Please try to ask one question per post so your fellow members may have a chance at getting their questions answered.

Enjoy!

The MKUltra AntiChrist Program- A Message to Michael Aquino
Post by lightningBugout » 23 Mar 2009 04:26
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23366

Michael Aquino - CID interview tape - new
Post by diana napolis » 28 Sep 2008 18:17
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20548

Diana Napolis v. Michael Aquino - update
Post by diana napolis » 24 Sep 2008 02:24
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20485

Indira Singh Ties in Bohemian Grovers and Aquino to 9-11
by rocco322 » 17 Nov 2005 12:14
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4979

Aquino erases Presidio data from Wikipedia
Post by biaothanatoi » 20 Jul 2007 03:15
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12476

... and more...

search.php?keywords=michael+aquino&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: My name is Aquino - Ask Me Anything

Postby elfismiles » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am

KHPR 003: Dr. Michael Aquino, Founder of the Temple of Set
December 23, 2009
http://khprvod.org/2009/12/khpr-003-dr- ... le-of-set/
http://www.khprvod.org/audio/KHPR003.mp3

Today I had the rare privilege of having Dr. Aquino in my studio for an interview on the founding of the Temple of Set. During the interview we talk about many aspects of the Temple that he puts into words that people outside the Temple of Set will have no problems understanding.

We speak about the word he received as a Magus—Xeper. What it means and how one applies it as wellas just what exactly Set is. This is a question I receive frequently when people see a reference to Set as a “literal being.”

Dr. Aquino gave a fascinationg interview, one that I would have to say bordered on being a lecture about what the Temple is because I felt it would be best to just sit back and let him talk. My commentary in response to what he had to say was minimal as I just wanted to let him go at it and give us what is locked up inside his brain.

Note to listeners: This would have been recorded better, but I noticed half way through that I had a mic failure and you’re actually hearing him from about three feet away from my mic, but I believe I managed to compensate for it over all in the end, or as they say “it was fixed in the mix.”

- See more at: http://khprvod.org/2009/12/khpr-003-dr- ... SOV5y.dpuf
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Elvis » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:22 pm

This got my curiosity; I'm up to page ten of Aquino's replies on that ATS thread and will read more later but now I HAVE TO GET OFFLINE.

:sun: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33282&p
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby cptmarginal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

...there is an expanded 2013 edition of MindWar:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1484926455

(nice cover!)

In 1980 an obscure internal U.S. Army concept paper, “From PSYOP to MindWar”, accidentally became public. Though only a brief, theoretical speculation, it exploded into the focus of alarmist rumors and debates for the next three decades. Is the government involved in invasion of the mind beyond the blundering, haphazard legacy of the infamous MKULTRA experiments? Even more unsettling, do such efforts extend beyond conventional scientific research to dark and arcane arts whose very existence is the stuff of legend? The answers are here, in this book by one of that 1980 paper’s co-authors, Lt. Colonel Michael Aquino. Originally intended for the eyes of government policymakers alone, it is now openly available. Ironically _MindWar_ is unclassified only because a level high enough to embrace it has never been anticipated or even conceptualized. What it is capable of setting in motion is simply beyond all previous human interactive experience. For millennia violent warfare has been the scourge of humanity, and all attempts to end it through negotiated or imposed peace have brought only temporary respite. On the premise that war is endemic to the human disposition, _MindWar_ proposes to eliminate its killing and destruction by replacing it with a far more powerful kind of war - one which focuses on the human mind both individually and collectively. The persons and property of people are removed as targets, replaced by the divisive situations and problems originating in their consciousness. These are then controlled, adjusted, and reformed to produce a harmonious and cooperative total environment. The price for this solution is that, for the first time in practical history, the actual machinery of human thought is accessed, by the methodical application of science, psychology, and esoteric arts of antiquity. MindWar assumes, as did the ancients, that the ultimate aspiration of mankind is to the Good. But, like the Manhattan Project which rashly opened an earlier genie's bottle, MindWar could be misused with even more ominous consequences. Devised to save humanity, it could also supersede it. Hence this genie must be examined and evaluated while its bottle is still sealed. This book extrapolation and evolution of the original 1980 concept is not merely theoretical. It proposes "laboratory" implementation through the structural redesign of the U.S. Army’s three “Special Operations” branches: Psychological Operations, Special Forces, and Civil Affairs. A multiphase sequence of their interaction in a MindWar campaign is outlined, with the international crisis resolution procedures of the United States modified to facilitate it. In a forthcoming second volume, the structures and programs to implement this will be discussed in detail. Not merely a "military book", _MindWar_ extends its application to human political and social interaction generally, identifying and refining what were previously only vague or unknown mental processes into a new science of "thought architecture". It opens the door to a standard of rationality and precision in human affairs in which the experience and exercise of thought are finally, fully mature.
cptmarginal

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:06 pm

elfismiles » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:02 am wrote:I became more deeply involved in Special Operations, qualifying first in Civil Affairs and then Military Intelligence Branches. In 1976 I was selected for the Foreign Area Officer career program, cross-trained at the State Department’s Foreign Service Institute and the Central and Defense Intelligence Agencies, finally being designated one of the Army’s extremely rare Political-Military Affairs Officers. As a Defense Attaché, my assigned area was NATO/West Europe, and I also worked closely with the U.S. Information Agency. In 1987 I attended the National Defense University, then in 1990 was selected as one of the Army’s first Space Intelligence Officers. After completing Joint SIO qualification with the Air Force, I spent my final four years of active duty at Cheyenne Mountain with J2X/MJ of HQ U.S. Space Command/NORAD. Appropriately for ATS, my security clearance until my retirement was TS/Special Intelligence Access in compartments some of whose own names are themselves classified.

From: http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl%40list ... 85226.html

Dr. Michael A. Aquino, cofounder of the more secretive and elitist
Temple of Set, developed a Promethean proposal for Space Migration,
called "Project Atlantis", with Paul Kantner of Jefferson Airplane.

http://www.disinfo.com/pages/article/id792/pg2/

This Scroll of Set article (1994), by Dr. Michael A. Aquino, hints
at the Magical Link between Jefferson Starship and the film
Stargate.

MA: Dr. Jones, have you seen the film _Stargate_?

HJ: No, I'm afraid I don?t get to the movies very much. What
was it about?

Kantner: It was a somewhat fictionalized account of a project I did
for the U.S. Space Command at Cheyenne Mountain two
years ago. It was supposed to be hush-hush, under wraps,
all that sort of thing. I guess it didn?t turn out to be that
well-kept a secret, did it?

~snip~

Kantner: Well, the Stanford Research Institute down in Palo Alto
asked me to participate in some discussions. I thought it
was all civilian academic. Turned out that two of the
people in the white coats wore blue ones underneath. So
then in 1991 I was asked to come out to Colorado Springs.
It was supposed to be a seminar sort of thing at the Air Force
Academy, but when I got there, they took me up to the
mountain, and then things got weird. Michael was there;
he knows.

~see the band Sunfighter's (a Kantner band) album that i think is
called 'blows to the empire'...what was that stargate conspiracy
about again?~

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20 ... mg.aol.com
American Dream

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:41 am

Whatever else is true or not true about him, Mr Aquino's eyebrows scare the bejeezus out of me.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Well, my planned tombstone inscription is:

"Seemed like a nice enough guy. Little f**ked up though."

This has been quite entertaining, although it's no surprise that Aquino revels in his reputation and has a sense of humor about himself...which is not something I associate with any of the "Satanists" I have known over the years, not that I really make it a point to get to know Satanists, so....selection bias.

Thanks for the heads-up, Elfis!

Edit: Quite tickled by the caveat inserted by ATS editors...

admin note:[b] This is the "real" Dr. Aquino and he is our invited guest and is graciously giving his time to our community, respect and politeness are mandatory. Rudeness or anything other than civility will result in account privileges being restricted.

Given the scope of what he stands accused of, this is basically horror comedy. FWIW, he does discuss Presidio early on in that thread.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:25 pm

...there is an expanded 2013 edition of MindWar:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1484926455

(nice cover!)

Though this book is prohibitively expensive for some reason, a portion of it can actually be read on the Amazon preview page.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1484926455#reader_1484926455

These pages from the table of contents have me wondering at what he says about a whole range of controversial subjects:

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby Nordic » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I want to read this thing. Surely there's a copy of it somewhere on the net.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby MayDay » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:36 am

MayDay

Postby cptmarginal » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:01 pm

https://www.amazon.com/MindWar-Michael- ... 535199563/

MindWar Paperback – July 4, 2016
by Michael A. Aquino Ph.D. (Author), Gregory S. Seese Psy.D. (Introduction), William H. Anderson M.D. (Afterword)

This 2016 Second Edition of MindWar revises and expands the original 2013 book.

In 1980 an obscure internal U.S. Army concept paper, “From PSYOP to MindWar”, accidentally became public. Though only a brief, theoretical speculation, it exploded into the focus of alarmist rumors and debates for the next three decades. Is the government involved in invasion of the mind beyond the blundering, haphazard legacy of the infamous MKULTRA experiments? Even more unsettling, do such efforts extend beyond conventional scientific research to dark and arcane arts whose very existence is the stuff of legend?

The answers are here, in this book by one of that 1980 paper’s co-authors, Lt. Colonel Michael Aquino. Originally intended for the eyes of government policymakers alone, it is now openly available. Ironically MindWar is unclassified only because a level high enough to embrace it has never been anticipated or even conceptualized. What it is capable of setting in motion is simply beyond all previous human interactive experience.

For millennia violent warfare has been the scourge of humanity, and all attempts to end it through negotiated or imposed peace have brought only temporary respite. On the premise that war is endemic to the human disposition, MindWar proposes to eliminate its killing and destruction by replacing it with a far more powerful kind of war - one which focuses on the human mind both individually and collectively. The persons and property of people are removed as targets, replaced by the divisive situations and problems originating in their consciousness. These are then controlled, adjusted, and reformed to produce a harmonious and cooperative total environment.

The price for this solution is that, for the first time in practical history, the actual machinery of human thought is accessed, by the methodical application of science, psychology, and esoteric arts of antiquity. MindWar assumes, as did the ancients, that the ultimate aspiration of mankind is to the Good. But, like the Manhattan Project which rashly opened an earlier genie's bottle, MindWar could be misused with even more ominous consequences. Devised to save humanity, it could also supersede it. Hence this genie must be examined and evaluated while its bottle is still sealed.

This book extrapolation and evolution of the original 1980 concept is not merely theoretical. It proposes "laboratory" implementation through the structural redesign of the U.S. Army’s three “Special Operations” branches: Psychological Operations, Special Forces, and Civil Affairs. A multiphase sequence of their interaction in a MindWar campaign is outlined, with the international crisis resolution procedures of the United States modified to facilitate it. In a forthcoming second volume, the structures and programs to implement this will be discussed in detail.

Not merely a "military book", MindWar extends its application to human political and social interaction generally, identifying and refining what were previously only vague or unknown mental processes into a new science of "thought architecture". It opens the door to a standard of rationality and precision in human affairs in which the experience and exercise of thought are finally, fully mature.

Thinking of getting the ebook...

Now before I post what is about to follow, it's important to point out that my intention is definitely not to get uncomfortably familiar with somebody's private life as though engaged in a witch hunt. That can't be a good feeling to read someone casting aspersions on your own family, I would think, and Aquino probably reads random crap posted about himself on the internet. All that being said, here's something that he has put out in the open himself that is particularly relevant to several different people who post or read at this forum (for just one example: any "gifted" folks here - need stories @ curriculum)

Additionally Dr. Aquino has recovered and Edited a collection of childhood poems by his mother, Betty Ford: Pegasus in Pinfeathers.

https://www.createspace.com/5051959

Collected Poems 1919-1928
Authored by Betty Ford
Foreword by Michael A. Aquino, Ph.D.
Introduction by Lewis M. Terman, Ph.D.

In 1986, when going through his late mother Betty Ford’s papers in her basement, her son Michael Aquino discovered a mouldering suitcase filled with the disintegrating manuscripts of poems she had written between ages 11-17, which she had never bothered to even mention. Along with them was an Introduction written by her Stanford mentor Professor Lewis Terman, for an intended publication entitled Pegasus in Pinfeathers.

Astounded by these poems, Michael carefully pieced the fragments together, and so Pegasus is finally flying: 256 poems totaling over 35,000 words in this 366-page collection.

Far from what one would normally expect in juvenilia, Betty’s verse explores not only the natural universe about her, but stunning metaphysical and magical visions of her own creation.

This edition includes Professor Terman’s original 1929 Introduction, and a 2014 Foreword by Michael.

About the author:

Betty Ford, the daughter of San Francisco physician Campbell Ford and his wife Sophie, was born in 1912. The Fords soon realized they had a very unusual daughter: She was walking at 7 months, talking with the alphabet memorized at 9 months, and by age 3 was easily devouring books of adult literature (over 750 in the next three years), resulting in a shower of media mentions including Ripley’s “Believe It or Not”.

Betty came to the attention of Stanford’s Psychology Professor Lewis Terman in his study of unusual children; he tested her I.Q. as 188 - about 1/100,000. She was the youngest student ever to enter Stanford at 14, and completed her B.A. in only three years.

She then studied sculpture with the renowned Georg Kolbe in Germany in the 1930s, returned home to give her own exhibitions at art museums, and worked with Lewis Hill to found listener-sponsored KPFA in Berkeley, then with his successor Hal Winkler to create KPFK in Los Angeles. Her own program “The Bookmark” introduced such discoveries as Boris Pasternak’s Dr. Zhivago to American audiences.

In San Francisco she was a principal member of SPUR, the Commonwealth Club, the World Affairs Council, Inter Nationes, and the Book Club of California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Terman

Lewis Madison Terman (January 15, 1877 – December 21, 1956) was an American psychologist, noted as a pioneer in educational psychology in the early 20th century at the Stanford Graduate School of Education. He is best known for his revision of the Stanford-Binet IQ test and for initiating the longitudinal study of children with high IQs called the Genetic Studies of Genius.[1] He was a prominent eugenicist and was a member of the Human Betterment Foundation. He also served as president of the American Psychological Association. A Review of General Psychology survey, published in 2002, ranked Terman as the 72nd most cited psychologist of the 20th century, in a tie with G. Stanley Hall.[2]
Biography

Terman received a B.S., B.Pd. (Bachelor of Pedagogy), and B.A. from Central Normal College in 1894 and 1898, and a B.A. and M.A. from the Indiana University Bloomington in 1903. He received his Ph.D. from Clark University in 1905.

He worked as a school principal in San Bernardino, California in 1905, and as a professor at Los Angeles Normal School in 1907. In 1910 he joined the faculty of Stanford University as a professor of educational psychology at the invitation of Ellwood Patterson Cubberley and remained associated with the university until his death. He served as chairman of the psychology department from 1922 to 1945.

His son Frederick Terman is widely credited (together with William Shockley) with being the father of Silicon Valley.[3]

Achievements

IQ testing

Terman published the Stanford Revision of the Binet-Simon Scale in 1916 and revisions were released in 1937 and 1960.[4] Original work on the test had been completed by Alfred Binet and Théodore Simon of France. Terman promoted his test – the "Stanford-Binet" – as an aid for the classification of developmentally disabled children. Early on, Terman adopted William Stern's suggestion that mental age/chronological age times 100 be made the intelligence quotient or IQ. Later revisions adopted the Wechsler cohort-norming of IQ.

Revisions (mostly recently the fifth) of the Stanford-Binet remain in widespread use as a measure of general intelligence for both adults and for children.

The first mass administration of IQ testing was done with 1.7 million soldiers during World War I, when Terman served in a psychological testing role with the United States military. Terman was able to work with other applied psychologists to categorize army recruits. The recruits were given group intelligence tests which took about an hour to administer. Testing options included Army alpha, a text-based test, and Army beta, a picture-based test for nonreaders. 25% could not complete the Alpha test.[5] The examiners scored the tests on a scale ranging from "A" through "E".

Recruits who earned scores of "A" would be trained as officers while those who earned scores of "D" and "E" would never receive officer training. The work of psychologists during the war proved to Americans that intelligence tests could have broader utility. After the war Terman and his colleagues pressed for intelligence tests to be used in schools to improve the efficiency of growing American schools.

Origins of Ability

Terman followed J. McKeen Cattell’s work which combined the ideas of Wilhelm Wundt and Francis Galton saying that those who are intellectually superior will have better “sensory acuity, strength of grip, sensitivity to pain, and memory for dictated consonants”.[6] At Clark University, Terman wrote his doctoral dissertation entitled Genius and stupidity: a study of some of the intellectual processes of seven “bright” and seven “stupid” boys. He administered Cattell’s tests on boys who were considered intelligent versus boys who were considered unintelligent.[7]

Unlike Binet and Simon, whose goal was to identify less able school children in order to aid them with the needed care required, Terman proposed using IQ tests to classify children and put them on the appropriate job-track. He believed IQ was inherited and was the strongest predictor of one's ultimate success in life.[citation needed]

Psychology of Extreme Talent

Terman’s study of genius and gifted children was a lifelong interest.[8] His fascination with the intelligence of children began early in his career since he was familiar with Alfred Binet’s research in this area.[9]

Through his studies on gifted children, Terman hoped first, to discover the best educational settings for gifted children and, second, to test and dispel the negative stereotypes that gifted children were “conceited, freakish, socially eccentric, and [insane]”.[10]

Previously, the research had looked at genius adults had been retrospective, examining their early years for clues to the development of talent. With Binet’s development of IQ tests, it became possible to quickly identify gifted children and study them from their early childhood into adulthood.[9] In his 1922 paper called A New Approach to the Study of Genius, Terman noted that this advancement in testing marked a change in research on geniuses and giftedness.[11]

Terman found his answers in his longitudinal study on gifted children: Genetic Studies of Genius.[12] Initiated in 1921, the Genetic Studies of Genius was from the outset a long-term study of gifted children. Published in five volumes, Terman followed children with extremely high IQ in childhood throughout their lives. The fifth volume examined the children in a 35 year follow-up, and looked at the gifted group during mid-life.[13]

Genetic Studies of Genius revealed that gifted and genius children were in at least as good as average health and had normal personalities. Few of them demonstrated the previously-held negative stereotypes of gifted children. He found that gifted children did not fit the existing stereotypes often associated with them: they were not weak and sickly social misfits, but in fact were generally taller, in better health, better developed physically, and better adapted socially than other children. The children included in his studies were colloquially referred to as "Termites".[14] The gifted children thrived both socially and academically. In relationships, they were a less likely to divorce.[6] Additionally, those in the gifted group were generally successful in their careers: Many received awards recognizing their achievements. Though many of the children (affectionately known as “Termites” [6]) reached exceptional heights in adulthood, not all did. Terman explored the causes of obvious talent not being realized, exploring personal obstacles, education, and lack of opportunity as causes.[9]

Terman died before he completed the fifth volume of Genetic Studies of Genius, but Melita Oden, a colleague, completed the volume and published it.[13] Terman wished for the study to continue on after his death, so he selected Robert Richardson Sears, one of the many successful participants in the study as well as a colleague of his, to continue with the work.[6] The study is still supported by Stanford University and will continue until the last of the “Termites” withdraws from the study or dies.
Role of complex tasks in developing potential

In 1915, he wrote a paper called The mental hygiene of exceptional children.[15] He pointed out that though he believed the capacity for intelligence is inherited, those with exceptional intelligence also need exceptional schooling. Terman wrote that, “[Bright children] are rarely given tasks which call forth their best ability, and as a result they run the risk of falling into lifelong habits of submaximum efficiency”.[9] In other words, nature (heredity) plays a large role in determining intelligence, but nurture (the environment) is also important in fostering the innate intellectual ability. By his own admission there was nothing in his own ancestry that would have led anyone to predict him to have an intellectual career.[16]

Terman found too that while exceptional childhood IQ was associated with many great adult achievements, participants as a whole did not greatly exceed the socio-economic outcomes of others from similar social class backgrounds[citation needed]. Non-IQ factors may include hard work, luck, social contacts, good health, and other skills.[citation needed]

Legacy

Apart from the Terman study, Terman Middle School in Palo Alto, California is named after himself and his son.

His son Frederick Terman, as provost of Stanford University, greatly expanded the science, statistics and engineering departments that helped catapult Stanford into the ranks of the world's first class educational institutions, as well as spurring the growth of Silicon Valley. Stanford University has an endowed professorship in his honor.

Support for Eugenics

Terman came to believe that IQ was, in addition to dependent on education, highly heritable.

His innovative wide-scale IQ testing exposed him to diverse groups of test-takers. Administering the tests to Spanish-speakers and unschooled African-Americans from the Southwest, he concluded:

“High-grade or border-line deficiency... is very, very common among Spanish-Indian and Mexican families of the Southwest and also among negroes. Their dullness seems to be racial, or at least inherent in the family stocks from which they come... Children of this group should be segregated into separate classes... They cannot master abstractions but they can often be made into efficient workers... from a eugenic point of view they constitute a grave problem because of their unusually prolific breeding” (The Measurement of Intelligence, 1916, p. 91-92).

Testing other groups in California, he observed

"Perhaps a median IQ of 80 for Italian, Portuguese, and Mexican school children in the cities of California would be a liberal estimate. How much of this inferiority is due to the language handicap and to other environmental factors it is impossible to say, but the relatively good showing made by certain other immigrant groups similarly handicapped would suggest that the true causes lie deeper than environment." (Mental and Physical Traits of a Thousand Gifted Children, Volume 1, 1925, p. 57)

The suggestions of a significant role for genetics in IQ lead Terman to later join the Human Betterment Foundation, a Pasadena-based eugenics group founded by E.S. Gosney in 1928 which had as part of its agenda the promotion and enforcement of compulsory sterilization laws in California.

A modern-day assessment of Terman's contributions concluded:

Lewis Terman was a man of his less-than-enlightened time. He believed in eugenics, and his research project was called “Genetic Studies of Genius.” He naively assumed that his high IQ kids (nearly all white) would become the future leaders of science, industry, and politics. His inclusion of girls was an important exception to the biases of the era, since women had only just gotten the right to vote, and had few career options.

However, Terman was above all a scientist; and he was dedicated to collecting meaningful data, and to accepting what the data showed even when it contradicted his beliefs. [17]

She then studied sculpture with the renowned Georg Kolbe in Germany in the 1930s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Kolbe

Kolbe executed important commissions throughout his long career, including many for the National Socialists during the last 15 years of his life, although he reportedly refused invitation to sculpt a portrait of Adolf Hitler.[5] The Nazis appropriated his late style of monumental, idealized athletic nudes. From 1937 to 1944, Kolbe participated regularly at Große Deutsche Kunstausstellung, organized by the Haus der Kunst, Munich. His uncharacteristically bombastic Verkündigung (Proclamation) (1924) was a focal point of the 1937 German Pavilion.[6] Commissioned by the German-Spanish economic organization Hisma in 1939, Kolbe created a portrait bust of the Spanish dictator Francisco Franco, which was given to Hitler as a birthday present the same year. In 1944, in the final stages of World War II, Hitler and Joseph Goebbels included Kolbe in the Gottbegnadeten list of the twelve most important visual artists. Only after Kolbe's death, a Beethoven monument (1926−47) and the Ring der Statuen were installed in Frankfurt am Main. The realization of a Friedrich Nietzsche memorial in Weimar failed because of Hitler's appeal.
cptmarginal

Postby Grizzly » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm reading MindWar right now and noticed something right away. Namely that when it comes to previous government "mind control" research programs, he predictably subscribes to what is essentially the equivalent of the nuts-and-bolts theory of UFOs.

page 87:

G. Pre-MW “Mind Control” Attempts

The last half of the Twentieth Century saw numerous experiments in thought-control and extrasensory perception (ESP), some sponsored by various U.S. government agencies. Their common characteristic is that they did not work; they were all attempts to control thought at its expression, not its construction. Briefly summarized:

1. MKDELTA/MKULTRA/MKSEARCH

The CIA’s and Defense Department’s “mind control” experiments of the 1950-70s were an effort to achieve LIPC through drugs and other invasive means, which in the case of drugs resulted only in confusion and disruption of the human brain’s neurological functions. This series of programs completely missed the point that thoughts are the manifestation of mental cohesion, not disintegration (which, since it harms the subject, is impermissible in MW).

That's all he has to say on the topic. (From there it's on to a debunking of remote viewing and all extrasensory human perception in general because "the electrical impulses within the brain are far too weak even to escape the skull, much less travel any distance beyond it.")

Meanwhile thousands and thousands of gullible conspiracy culture neophytes everywhere subscribe to the extreme opposite about mind control, that people were brainwashed into having highly effective compartmentalized personalities that are skilled at flying helicopters or carrying on normal lives. The sad reality (in my opinion) is a legacy of tears and broken people, akin to that left in the wake of protected institutional child rape in the UK. That's why my recommendations for understanding the phenomenon are still Albarelli, Hansen, and Levenda.

Cf. Levenda:

The arcane doctrines and methods of a discarded science are at the heart of this study, because they reveal the mechanisms by which society in general, and individuals in particular, have been manipulated by forces beyond their comprehension. The modern adoration of the principles of Newtonian science—as best represented by commentators such as the late Carl Sagan, Martin Gardner, and the coven of professional skeptics around them—has served only to obscure the means by which more open-minded specialists have been able to work their magic with impunity, often to the detriment of entire populations. If we review the manuals on psychological warfare as practiced in the Congo in the 1950s, or in Vietnam in the 1960s, we see the politically-correct (“wink, wink, nudge, nudge”) approach to what is, after all, witchcraft and black magic. The same may be said for the manual on remote viewing that was used by the US military as late as the 1980s, and perhaps even more recently than that. The opposition to the remote viewing programs came not as a result of a cost-cutting consciousness or a desire to rid the Pentagon of an unprofitable boondoggle, but because it smacked of New Age, anti-Christian sorcery. Remote viewing was attacked by the Time magazine science editor because it was a form of occultism that could lead to fascism. In other words, opposition to this program was based on religious and political grounds, not on scientific ones.

[...]

The “technology” of sociopaths, however, was found to be amenable to conscious control and emulation. What Manson and Jones were doing was nothing that was not already understood by the experimental psychology programs of the CIA and its sub-contractors. They had been performing such operations for quite some time. We have the hypnosis experiments as recounted by Estabrooks and others; the LSD experiments that had taken place in prisons and mental hospitals and military bases; and, of course, the whole panoply of psychological warfare operations through the past decades.

[...]

This is the Manson Secret: the use and abuse of hermetic and initiatic (shamanic) processes as a means of manipulation of individuals and groups; the recognition that within the initiatic process is a wealth of psychological knowledge and technique that can be used for evil as well as for good; the incorporation of Fear as a substitute for Faith.

The Manson Secret is black magic, and it was black magic that informed the CIA’s mind-control programs as well. These same processes are being used— virtually without change—among terrorist organizations and revolutionary cells throughout the world, who have realized that the most effective tool for violent action is the properly initiated cult member. Ecstasy is just another face of fanaticism; eros is another face of magic. Fascism is the natural environment for both, for it speaks directly to the passions and the unconscious mind, through the use of symbols, repetitive slogans, and group ritual; i.e., magic.

One other tangent I'd like to go on, and this is something that could be posted in a number of other threads here. What does it mean to be surrounded by the black budget? What does it mean when billions and billions of dollars are funneled into the pockets of functionally anonymous military employees and contractors, and those same people live in our society? Not only do these absurdly rich and weirdly powerful people live among us, they have been party to the creation of a massive "Top Secret America" that dominates our landscape with newly-constructed facilities all over the country and in fact the world.

I can't help but think of what else is implied by this whole situation, namely: what does it mean when you have access to everyone's private information? By giving access to this spy technology, is that not creating or strengthening the ranks of what amounts to a new royalty? When institutional child abuse exists in our Western society on a mass scale, as I definitely assume that it does just based on guesswork and noticing how the USA and UK mirror each other, how do you cope with the fact of these people who are precisely in the position to know about all of it and yet remain silent? (These are rhetorical questions, and I can in fact provide innocuous answers for all of them.)
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Just thought I'd point out that Aquino's recent books, including Extreme Prejudice: The Presidio Satanic Abuse Scam, are freely available on libgen.

(Search duckduckgo for the URL.)

I am certainly open to the idea of the waters being muddied by phony Christians pushing various hoaxes, and I try to make it a point to read all sides of each various case. But here is something more recent for you to think about:

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurit ... ring-child

Reps. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.) and Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) introduced legislation on Tuesday meant to halt the use of Department of Defense (DOD) computer networks by users for sharing or procuring pornographic images of children.

The End National Defense Network Abuse (END Network Abuse) was introduced in the wake of in an investigation called “Project Flicker” carried out by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. This investigation identified over 5,000 individuals, including many affiliated with DOD, who were subscribed to child porn websites.

The Pentagon's Defense Criminal Investigative Service subsequently identified hundreds of DOD-affiliated individuals as suspects involved in accessing child pornography, several of whom used government devices to view and share the images.

The END Network Abuse Act would require the Pentagon to enter into agreements with groups including law enforcement, child protection services, social services, and trauma-informed healthcare providers in order to cut down or halt the spread and impact of these images on DOD networks. The bill would also upgrade the training and technical expertise of the military organizations involved in investigating these types of crimes.

The bill is being co-sponsored by Reps. Anna Eshoo (D-Calif.) and T.J. Cox (D-Calif.).

The National Criminal Justice Training Center, one of the groups that has thrown its weight behind the bill, reported in 2018 that DOD's network was ranked 19th out of almost 3,000 nationwide networks on the amount of peer-to-peer child pornography sharing.
cptmarginal

Postby Marionumber1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:45 pm

cptmarginal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:31 pm wrote:Just thought I'd point out that Aquino's recent books, including Extreme Prejudice: The Presidio Satanic Abuse Scam, are freely available on libgen.

(Search duckduckgo for the URL.)

I am certainly open to the idea of the waters being muddied by phony Christians pushing various hoaxes, and I try to make it a point to read all sides of each various case. [snip]

I agree, and I can say that from what I've read of Extreme Prejudice (not yet all of it), it's full of some pretty stunning distortions which suggest that Michael Aquino is a shameless liar about the facts of the case:

http://cavdef.org/w/index.php?title=Presidio_sex_abuse_case#Controversy_over_guilt wrote:
  • p.10: It's falsely asserted that Joyce Tobin, the mother of the first victim to come forward, changed her story. Aquino writes that Tobin told the San Jose Mercury News in 1988 that her son reported his molestation by Gary Hambright as soon as he got out of daycare, rather than later that night as she initially claimed. Yet the San Jose Mercury News article in question ("Army of the Night"), which Aquino does reference as a footnote in his book, shows Tobin maintaining as before that her son reported the molestation at night.
  • p.13-14: Chlamydia being found among several Presidio victims is disputed because the Army medical center used the wrong culture, only doing a preliminary screening rather than conclusive follow-up testing, but Aquino never questions why the Army so egregiously mishandled the evidence
  • p.15: It is pointed out that although Hambright died of AIDS none of the children were found to have contracted HIV/AIDS, but most if not all all of the abuse attributed to Hambright was described as oral copulation, digital penetration, or molestation
  • p.17: The allegations against Hambright are designated as a witch hunt started by Satanic ritual abuse adherents, ignoring that Hambright was a Baptist minister
  • p.19-20: An FBI document is misrepresented to imply that Kinsey Adams-Thompson fabricated or was fed her later accounts of abuse by Hambright. Aquino cites an FBI document stating that Kinsey was upset by Hambright and didn't want to come to school, though she denied at the time being improperly touched by him. Aquino ignores her apprehension towards Hambright, never considering why she felt that way about him, and fixates on how she initially denied abuse.
  • p.28-29: Yet another FBI document is misrepresented in order to deny that Kinsey identified Aquino's home as the one where Hambright had driven her to be abused. Aquino cites an FBI document which quite clearly states that Kinsey was brought to Aquino's neighborhood to identify his house and became visibly scared immediately upon approaching it. Then Aquino claims that this didn't constitute an identification of his house.
Marionumber1

Next

Return to General Discussion