Judeophobia & The Revolutionary Right

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Judeophobia & The Revolutionary Right

Postby jakell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am

American Dream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:53 pm wrote:
jakell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 am wrote:
Sounder » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:18 am wrote:
What kind of person is proud to identify as a National "Anarchist"?...

AD, where is any quote from jakell that shows that he is proud to identify as a National "Anarchist".

Evidence please.

Barring that, where do you get off accusing a fellow member of being proud to identify as a National "Anarchist".

Well here's the problem. He didn't say it, he indirectly insinuated it, and that only based on recent discussions that are not immediately apparent.
It is possible to make these sort of insinuations pile up, which Is why I'm challenging it.

He will have trouble showing evidence because, as he said, I have been 'carefully positioning myself' . He tried to give this a sinister connotation though, but I think it's a fairly rational way of behaving when new somewhere, especially on forums.

Thanks for referring to me as 'a fellow member'. I thought you had to have thousands of posts to reach that status.

[size=101]Here's what I think, jakell: You have no clear opinion on White Supremacy and neo-Fascism. Besides there's a million factions of the Revolutionary Right, a byzantine labyrinth and what you think is complex, even if you've never quite told us what it is. Surely you will deny you're this or that as you continue to walk kinda like... a duck. You "know these people". They're "not so dumb".

You haven't asked me any clear and basic questions (bar one), even though I keep exhorting you to do so. Your method of discovery is poor and , considering the subject matter, really needs sharpening up

What in the realm of Boneheadism do you specifically condemn? I don't think you've really told us yet. Surely you have dangled the lure of National "Anarchism" but only as your support for Autonomy in general, right?

I don't know what 'boneheadism' is, this is as vague as when you referred to 'that sort of thing'. Be more specific and sharpen up.
I have not 'dangled' NA, it is you who keep rattling on about this.

Are you gonna stick hard to consistently advocating for National "Anarchism"? I wouldn't place any bets on that!

I have not advocated NA, several times you have claimed this, and each time I have refuted it. It should have sunk in by now**. If in doubt, go back and check.

ETA ** On reflection, this could be considered a good example of 'boneheadism'.
Last edited by jakell on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby NeonLX » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 am

Capt. Obvious reporting for duty here...

The far right supremacist folks might have loathsome beliefs and exhibit sociopathic behavior, but that doesn't make them "dumb". Being a rural honky by upbringing, I know a few of these folks personally. Since I'm dull-witted, they can argue me into a corner rather quickly. I generally have to sit in said corner for awhile until I can come up with a good response. So yeah, while I think their entire premise is wrong, they can certainly be smart (maybe "wily" or "wrongheaded" are pleasant words for it).
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jakell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am

NeonLX » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 pm wrote:Capt. Obvious reporting for duty here...

The far right supremacist folks might have loathsome beliefs and exhibit sociopathic behavior, but that doesn't make them "dumb". Being a rural honky by upbringing, I know a few of these folks personally. Since I'm dull-witted, they can argue me into a corner rather quickly. I generally have to sit in said corner for awhile until I can come up with a good response. So yeah, while I think their entire premise is wrong, they can certainly be smart (maybe "wily" or "wrongheaded" are pleasant words for it).

I agree, and this is the sort of thing I generally tell people.

I would like to add though that, they are sometimes 'dumb' about the wider context of their issues, and often appear clever due a narrow focus on their particular obsessions (ie deep but not broad knowledge).
The trick is not to let them define the arena too narrowly, which they know how to do, and also be prepared for the sort of things they are likely to say, especially about things that are likely to have have an emotional impact (no matter how subtle).

Now and again you will meet some who are aware of the wider contexts, and these are the ones to watch. It seems you have made a good step by admitting that you (and me) can be stymied here. Too many people are overconfident about their abilities and this is usually their downfall.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm

solace » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:53 pm wrote:
And it's no exaggeration to say Nazis are throwing their thought-bombs at us, attempting to make their cause respectable and infiltrate our side and - worse - our minds. On the "White Nationalist" board Stormfront, a recent post from "Free Zundel Now" spoke of success spreading a "stealth article" calling for Bush's impeachment on "forums that ordinarily won't take our kind of subject matter." "Free Zundel Now" tried it on the RI board, and the Nazi spamming was exposed.

From Stormfront's "Celtic Nation," advice on infiltration:

...you have to speak a language they will hear, and speak to what they will hear, and as you said, point out racial realities. The constant drone of Jew bashing will start to turn people off. It does make WN's look like kooks and conspiracy theorists, and hearkens people back to nutty stereotypes of Col. Klink from Hogan's Heroes, and paranoid conspiracy theorists who are mentally off-center.

When I discuss Israel and the Jews, I try to talk of the evils of the state of Israel, and if they are ready for it, introduce more. The fact is that most of what we struggle against is the big picture - the superstructures in place by the Jews in power.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10232&p=100087&hilit=stormfront#p100087

Then there's this:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14452&p=144730&hilit=stormfront#p144730

Thank you for those links Solace.

From the second link you provide:

Jeff wrote:But words can be code, and it's a fool or worse who thinks "anti-Zionist" is not also used to mean "anti-Jew."

It's been done here. Here's an interesting thread* I just discovered tonight over on Neo-Nazi Stormfront:

To be completely honest, I'm very paranoid about posting on this site. I plan to get some anonymous proxy software but haven't done it yet. Is Anonymizer good? I tried using Shadowsurf for a bit, but it stopped working for some reason on this site.

That said, I invite everyone to have a look at another site that is not overtly WN but deals with this question to a lot to a broader audience. I don't post much there (same paranoia...and I think he can track IP addresses of posters, so do whatcha gotta do) but there are many threads tying in Zionism with the state of the world. I've only seen one person get banned, and he had the name "Free Zundel Now" or something like that, but if you aren't that overt you can pretty much say what you want. Zionist control of the media, congress, etc . While talking about "Jewish power" will get someone banned (maybe...maybe not, I'm not really sure and haven't attempted it) the discussion board is very, very anti-Zionist and anti-Israel but reaches a LOT of people. In fact, more recently since Zundel was banned, there was a thread very sympathetic to Zundel which was not even locked. You have to register to post but not to read. Registering to post simply requires a nick and an email to insure you aren't a spambot.

I believe in this kind of net activism. The blog attached to this site has gotten millions of hits. It deals with a lot of other stuff like conspiracy, occult, etc but the discussion board always has a bunch of threads about Jewish power and influence in the world. I'll link directly to one thread but have a look around. The blog is called "rigorous intuition" and you can link to the discussion board from there. Here's a link to one such thread.

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board/vi...ays=0&start=50

I didn't post this as an active link b/c I can't remember if I'm allowed to do that yet. Plus, if you go there by clicking, the mods might be able to track you back here...not sure about that.

That one is called "Zionists vs. truth". Currently, the other good anti-Zionist threads have dropped down several pages but there are always several of them. Note that there are some liberals and leftists who post on the board, but that's the point of going there...they aren't coming here. Most don't buy into "left vs. right" anyway. I think, with Israel now cheerleading us into a war with Iran, WHERE DUKE JUST ATTENDED THAT CONFERENCE, it is essential to start getting the message out. We may not have much time.

Hand's up, anyone, engaged in this kind of "net activism"?

I didn't think so. Only good "anti-Zionists" here, I'm sure....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14452&hilit

* Embedded link in original is dead. Jeff probably made it up
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby solace » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

* Embedded link in original is dead. Jeff probably made it up

Heh, yeah. Dead link is probably cause it was from the former board.
solace

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:10 pm

could I get a list of all the anti-semites/holocaust deniers/Nazis/Fascists that had joined RI and were outed and then banned from the board?

there must be hundreds of them that have tried to infiltrate in each and every crevice of RI and destroy it....considering all this paranoia :roll:

who got fooled...who got taken in...who jumped ship and turned into a raging holocaust denier because of the infestation :roll:

Where is the proof of any harm what so ever that was caused by all these infiltrators :roll:

WHO GOT RECRUITED?

everyone here. ...INCLUDING the mods...taking AD and solace's stance must be absolute idiots :roll:

LINKS PLEASE

IF THIS IS SUCH A HUGH PROBLEM THEN PUT A STICKY NOTE AT THE TOP AND BE DONE WITH IT SO WE ALL DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE PARANOIA ANY LONGER
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jakell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

I doubt if anyone got past AD and his itchy trigger finger.

WARNING!!! YOU MUST READ THIS!!! Klaxon, the internet Chicken Little, raises the alarm for each and every paranoid conspiracy theory, Federal Big-Brother scheme, internet hoax, and latest computer virus. No black helicopter alert is so ludicrous, no urban legend so implausible, that he will not pass it along as accepted fact (in ALL CAPS with multiple exclamation marks). Congratulations, you are recipient 16,747 of today's Urban Myth. CAUTION: Evil Clown or even Klaxon himself may sometimes spread false alarms just to stir up trouble.

I suppose he must sleep sometime though.
jakell

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:29 pm

well we all are safe from the likes of Joseph Campbell .... :shrug:

that's one down
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:30 pm

Maybe Camper Van Beethoven knew what to do...

Take The Skinheads Bowling!

Big up to the Sharps!
American Dream

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm

answer my questions and stop avoiding them....or is it that you can't
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm wrote:could I get a list of all the anti-semites/holocaust deniers/Nazis/Fascists that had joined RI and were outed and then banned from the board?

there must be hundreds of them that have tried to infiltrate in each and every crevice of RI and destroy it....considering all this paranoia :roll:

who got fooled...who got taken in...who jumped ship and turned into a raging holocaust denier because of the infestation :roll:

Where is the proof of any harm what so ever that was caused by all these infiltrators :roll:

WHO GOT RECRUITED?

everyone here. ...INCLUDING the mods...taking AD and solace's stance must be absolute idiots :roll:

LINKS PLEASE

IF THIS IS SUCH A HUGH PROBLEM THEN PUT A STICKY NOTE AT THE TOP AND BE DONE WITH IT SO WE ALL DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE PARANOIA ANY LONGER

This from someone who seriously entertains the idea that shape shifting reptilians secretly rule the world. It's a secret, you see?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Can I politely ask, in the refined manner of the fellow denizen of the world capital London amidst these sceptred isles would mind awfully refraining from the posting of large quite dreadful cartoons. It really does lower the tone and set off the dreadful argumentation-by-CopyGIF, which if one looked at the history of RI has always really caused more trouble than it's worth.
Thanks awfully, old chap! :thumbsup
Searcher08

Postby jakell » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Searcher08 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:34 pm wrote:Can I politely ask, in the refined manner of the fellow denizen of the world capital London amidst these sceptred isles would mind awfully refraining from the posting of large quite dreadful cartoons. It really does lower the tone and set off the dreadful argumentation-by-CopyGIF, which if one looked at the history of RI has always really caused more trouble than it's worth.
Thanks awfully, old chap! :thumbsup

Yep, you can politely ask anything. If this is another of RI's sensitive areas, I'll gladly comply.

It is my wont to try and inject some sorely needed humour here and there, so I may slip up occasionally. (I'm not from London BTW)
jakell

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm

brainpanhandler » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:33 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:10 pm wrote:could I get a list of all the anti-semites/holocaust deniers/Nazis/Fascists that had joined RI and were outed and then banned from the board?

WHO GOT RECRUITED?

LINKS PLEASE

This from someone who seriously entertains the idea that shape shifting reptilians secretly rule the world. It's a secret, you see?

quit making excuses and answer the question ...but you can't can you? so you deflect your non answer with a non issue that has nothing to do with the question at hand...WHICH YOU CAN NOT ANSWER BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER....only fuckin' accusations that you can not verify
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Fascism & Anti-Fascism

by Don Hamerquist
(an excerpt from Confronting Fascism: Discussion Documents for a Militant Movement)

http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/boo ... tifash.php

Fascist anti-capitalism

Following fairly logically from the position that fascism is just a capitalist policy option, the U.S. left (also the British or at least the old Searchlight people along with their many other blemishes) has tended to view the actual fascist and neo-fascist groups as more or less of a joke. Their political positions are treated as propaganda that should not to be taken seriously, as just a cover for an opportunistic mixture of thugs, nuts, and cops that is essentially in the pay of sectors of the capitalist ruling class. Accompanying this is the terminally foolish conception of fascist cadre as cowards and bullies who will run from anyone willing to fight. Such positions should have died quietly a quarter century ago with the appearance of the Turner Diaries in this country. This novel, based of Jack London’s Iron Heel, was written by William Pierce, who until his recent death was head of the fascist National Alliance and previously a major figure in George Lincoln Rockwell’s Nazi group. The Turner Diaries is not a cartoon-Klan concoction. It elaborates a radical critique of the existing capitalist social structure and goes to some lengths to differentiate revolutionary fascists from reactionary, but reformist, right-wingers. Beyond a political perspective, the Turner Diaries lays out a moral and ethical framework for U.S. fascism which, whatever else can be said about it, is not opportunistic or lumpen. The left in the U.S paid essentially no attention and, with few exceptions, drew no political conclusions. Much of it is probably still, after two decades, familiar with the Turner Diaries only through its mention in newspaper accounts as a major influence on Timothy McVeigh, the Order, the Posse Commitatus, the Phineas Priesthood, the World Church of the Creator, etc.

Although the Turner Diaries were clearly revolutionary, they make a narrow and moralistic attack on what they picture as the essential corruption of U.S. society. Pierce is not enthused about anti-capitalism. His criticisms of U.S. capitalism focus on excesses and abuses, criticizing the alleged dominance of the financial element over the productive (sic) element. William Pierce was totally aligned with the Hitler wing of the Nazi spectrum. His politics rested on a mix of anti-Semitism, white supremacy, myths of a heroic white past, and other assorted aryan garbage. His vision of an alternative society was hierarchical, authoritarian, and patriarchal. This worldview may find mass support in fundamentalist right-reactionary circles, but it has distinct limitations in popular appeal elsewhere.

Pierce’s attempt to create an American variant of classical German Nazism has resulted in new fascist formations that frontally attack him and his organization, the National Alliance, for being insufficiently anti-capitalist, insufficiently militant, and far too bureaucratic and hierarchical. A struggle is developing among fascists over whether they should try to corral and capture the generic right or, alternatively, whether they should confront and challenge right wing variants of reformism and parliamentarianism while looking elsewhere for a political base. This provides a good place to raise a question mentioned earlier. Might an essentially pro-capitalist fascist tendency heading a mass reactionary movement develop the autonomous strength to impose fascism “from below” on a corrupt and weakened capitalist ruling class? There is absolutely no doubt that this is the intended and preferred strategy of the National Alliance and a number of other fascist groups in this country and elsewhere in the world. They would like to gain hegemony over the massive amorphous right-reactionary base and build incrementally from this base towards power. (Of course, another part of their perspective involves the penetration of key institutions, the military and the police and the development of real military assets of their own.) These fascists advocate both open and covert participation in the Reform Party, in the Right to Life movement, and in various conservative political and social movements in order to implement their perspective.

This strategy has obvious parallels to approaches of the traditional Marxist-Leninist left. Whether the strategy is advanced by authoritarians on the right or on the left, it generates the same sorts of criticisms and opposition. Capitalist development creates an anti-capitalist fascism that will neither retreat nor evaporate when confronted by what it sees as pro-capitalist fascism. Long before Pierce’s strategy succeeds, it has created its own fascist challenge, a challenge that it will have great difficulty defeating or absorbing.

Which variant of fascism will prevail? Will they cancel each other out? I have my opinions but I could be wrong. What I do know is that, on this point as on all others, the most dangerous left assumption is that the easier road is the one that we will be traveling. The worst error the left could commit in this situation is to assume that Pierce’s variant of fascism will ultimately prevail because it looks most like the best recognized historical model, German National Socialism. This assumption might ultimately prove to be true, but acting on it now only means that fascism will be effectively discounted as an ideological challenge, whatever significance it is assigned in other respects. This then becomes another support for an ultimately suicidal complacency about the left’s own perspectives and visions. The only remaining question will be whether we get done in by the fascists or by the capitalists.

Some of the conflicts and contradictions in the fascist camp are apparent in the fascist music/cultural magazine, Resistance. Recently the magazine was taken over by the National Alliance, and its revitalization and reorientation admittedly took a lot of Pierce’s time. It is clearly an attempt to appeal to and organize radical white skinheads. In the first issues after the magazine came under National Alliance control some polemical articles by orthodox fascists led to an outraged and hostile response from the magazine’s audience. One article criticized “undisciplined” and “tattooed” skinheads and argued that they should join the army and learn military skills. Another attacked the conception of “leaderless resistance” as infantile and amateurish. A further argument challenged any orientation to the “working class”. The reaction to these traditional fascist positions led to the dismissal of one editor, and a formal editorial apology from his successor.

It is likely that Pierce's successors would have to modify his entire conception of white aryan culture if they want to seriously contend with more radical fascists for this base. I wouldn’t presume to predict how this situation will ultimately work out. However, I do think that while the likes of Pierce might prevail organizationally and/or through force for a period of time, it is unlikely that they can win a conclusive ideological triumph.

Third Position

However unfortunate this was for him and his organization, Pierce’s categorical critique of U.S. society in the Turner Diaries provided part of the impetus for the reemergence of the Strasser/Rohm “socialist” wing of fascism in the U.S., the so-called “third position”—a fascist variant that presents itself as “national revolutionary”, with politics that are “beyond left and right”.

(There appears to be two distinct wings to the third position. One calls itself the International Third Position, ITP, and tends to be more predictably racist, anti-feminist, anti-semitic, homophobic, etc. There is also a distinctly religious character to their politics. The other wing is called “National Revolutionary” or “National Bolshevik”, and is much more radical; categorically attacking “Hitlerian fascism”, and going to lengths to argue that they support all movements that are genuinely anti-capitalist. Some National Revolutionaries like the NRF in England are still overtly racist and white supremacist, despite their support for certain liberation movements; e.g., the Irish and Palestinian. Others, as indicated in some quotes I will introduce later, claim to completely reject white supremacy. Various National Revolutionary groups and ideologists also have differences about anti-Semitism that parallel their differences on racism and anti-imperialist national liberation. I would recommend that people look at the material of both groups. This can be done easily by beginning from the websites for “americanfront” and for the international third position.)

This third position variant of fascism poses a different and, I think, greater danger to the left than Pierce and the National Alliance. It makes a direct appeal to a working class audience with a warped, but militant, socialist racialist-nationalist program of decentralized direct action that has at least as much going for it as the warped reformist, nationalist, and pervasively non militant schemes of the established left. Not only does it intend to appeal to the working class and dispossessed—in distinct contrast to groups like the National Alliance; but at least some elements within it explicitly aim to recruit from the ranks of the militant left, and not from the radical right.

It is one thing to talk about abstract potentials for a militantly anti-capitalist brand of fascism. It’s another to show evidence that something like this is actually developing. I believe that there is some evidence in this country and that there is a great deal of evidence in the rest of the world. The first indicators appeared when fascist groups began to move away from their traditional base in white racist reaction and look for recruits and influence in areas which the left naively believes are part of “its movement”. I’m including a statement about the Seattle WTO demonstrations from our World Church of the Creator friend, Pontifex Maximus to illustrate this development:

“What happened in Seattle is a precursor for the future—when White people in droves protest the actions of world Jewry not by ‘writing to congressmen’, ‘voting’, or other nonsense like that, but by taking to the streets and throwing a monkey wrench into the gears of the enemy’s machine. I witnessed some of what happened in Seattle firsthand, for as chance would have it, I was in Seattle from December 2 until December 5 to meet with Racial Loyalists there and speak at the yearly Whidbey Island vigil honoring Robert J. Mathews. I witnessed some of the marches, and while there was certainly a fair amount of non-white trash involved in them, the vast majority were White people of good blood, who can be mobilized in the future for something besides their economic livelihood or environment; their continued biological existence. It is from the likes of the White people who protested the WTO (and who in some cases, went to jail for illegal actions) that our World Church of the Creator must look to for our converts—not the stale ‘right wing’ which has failed miserably to put even one dent in the armor of the Jewish monster. Did the right wing hinder the WTO? No. They were too busy ‘writing their congressmen’—congressmen who were bought off a long time ago, or waiting for their ‘great white hope’ in shining armor who they can miraculously vote into office. The reality, though, is that there is invariably a kosher U or K on that armor. How many defeats must they suffer before they realize that a change in tactics is advisable? No, it was the left wing, by and large, which stymied the WTO to the point where their meeting was practically worthless, and we should concentrate on these zealots, not the ‘meet, eat, and retreat’ crowd of the right wing who are so worried about ‘offending’ the enemy that all too often, they are a nice Trojan Horse for the enemy’s designs.”

So Matt Hale believes, “It is from the likes of the White people who protested the WTO (and who in some cases, went to jail for illegal actions) that our World Church of the Creator must look to for our converts—not the stale ‘right wing’.” Is he just deluded? I don’t think so. On the one hand, Matt Hale carries some baggage that would hinder his approach to our constituency, though the baggage is to some extent disposable. Weighing against this, he can appear to be, and probably is, more militant, more “revolutionary”, and particularly in military ways, more effective, than the existing left. Hale’s position shows the will and intent to break out of organizing approaches that have entrapped fascists before. We had better plan on the emergence of fascists that are substantially better able to exploit these initiatives than a hopeful, but frustrated, aspirant to the Illinois bar.

Consider the following passage from a statement by Louis Beam, the advocate of “leaderless resistance” and former head of the Texas Klu Klux Klan, who speaks to and for a militant, but more populist than socialist, variant of the third position: “While some in the so-called right-wing sit at home and talk about waiting for the Police State to ‘come and get them,’ some other really brave people have been out confronting the Police State, instead of hoarding guns that will never be fired, these people were out bravely facing the guns of the New World Order.

“...My heart goes out to those brave souls in Seattle who turned out in the thousands from both Canada and the U.S. to go up against the thugs of Clinton and those who put him in office. I appreciate their bravery. I admire their courage. And I thank them for fighting my battle...
“Soon, however, there will be millions in this country of every political persuasion confronting the police state on streets throughout America. When you are being kicked, gassed, beaten and shot at by the police enforcers of the NWO you will not be asking, nor giving a rat’s tail, what the other freedom lovers’ politics ‘used to be’—for the new politics of America is liberty from the NWO Police State and nothing more.”
(L. Beam, Radical Okie Homepage)

The left had better begin to deal with the fact that issues that are regarded a part of our movement; “globalization”, working class economic demands, “green” questions, resistance to police repression etc. are now being organized by explicit fascists and others who might as well be. Nor do we have a patent on decentralized direct action. That is exactly what the fascist debate around “leaderless resistance” is about. Finally, the question of who and what, exactly, is anti-capitalist remains very much unsettled. Some of the fascists take positions that at least appear to be much more categorically oppositional than those of most of the left. I said earlier that many third position fascists explicitly aim to recruit from the ranks of the left. This isn’t as quixotic as it might appear. Indeed, elements of third position politics are hard to distinguish from common positions on the left, even from positions held in some of the groups that are closest to us. For example, some punks and skinheads who view themselves as working class revolutionaries, some elements of RASH, and even some participants in our own anti-fascist organizations are ambiguous on issues which should clearly differentiate right from left. These ambiguities, and actually this may be too mild a term, include romanticized views of violence, male supremacy, susceptibility to cults of omniscient leadership, and macho opposition to open debate and discussion with respect for individual and group autonomy.

There is a more serious similarity between third position ideology and the views of one important tendency in our section of the left. Various green anarchists advance a strategy of anti-capitalist de-industrialization and ruralism based on decentralized cooperatives. Various fascist national revolutionaries explicitly argue for a similar strategy. Of course, the fascists present this position in opposition to multiculturalism and, more particularly, in opposition to immigration and foreigners. No significant element of the left in this country would currently accept these positions, although this may not be so true elsewhere in the world.

Even so, many U.S. leftists do believe that large sections of the population are so deformed by their patterns of consumption and by their acquiescence in relationships of domination and subordination that they cannot be considered as potential revolutionary subjects. This is a position which can also be found, not coincidentally, in such artifacts of the dominant culture as the movie, The Matrix. When the left combines these elitist perspectives with militant, but diffuse, actions against capitalist targets, the result can take on more than a passing resemblance to the “strategy of tension” admired by many European fascists and acted on by some.

Of course a major goal of our political practice should be to increase the “ungovernability” of capitalist society. But this cannot be done without taking adequate account of the effects of our actions on the actual living conditions of masses of people. We have to recognize and criticize the elitism and arrogance in our camp that writes off large sections of people as terminally corrupted. Blood and soil fascists, who are mainly concerned with “their own kind”, can, and do, treat masses of less favored people as redundant and mere objects. We can’t.
"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to FIRE PIT