A New Europe: Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, Nation-State

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: A New Europe: Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, Nation-State

Postby jakell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:02 pm

I might try and make a little series of this. Of course, opposing WN ideologues is a not simple call and response courtrooom style thing, you have to hang around and take your opportunities. Often they will just withdraw early on and you will have to bide your time till the next opportunity.

jakell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:47 pm wrote:
jakell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:Another error is to assume there is such a thing as 'European white nationalism'. This is something that was thrown at me when I was trying to drive the wedge a little bit further in between British nationalists and White nationalists.

British WN enthusiasts like to say there is no difference, and I counter this by saying that they are trying to devolve 'Britishness' into the image of some American import, this is hard for them to argue with, WN is foreign to Britain, and can exist independently of Britain.
They then termed themselves 'European White Nationalists', but this is easy to counter too. If 'whiteness' alone is supposed to be the significant decider (which they claim), then geography cannot be, it is a worldwide thing or nothing.

I'm not offering the above as some sort of great truth , just one of the many points they can be practically countered on if one keeps a level head, and doesn't get distracted by shrill binary ideologies.

The argument here is only really effective where there is another indigenous nationalism to pit WN against, eg most European Counties, To make the distinction in America for instance would be more difficult.

Another very simple and effective way to argue against WN's is to play on their insistence that the views of whites are supposedly paramount. Then all that is needed is to point out the vast number of whites who are not receptive to their views**, or even in strident opposition.

This might sound like a small point, but it does open up a logical contradiction in their views that is hard to reconcile, the only way they can do this is to try to explain away the views of certain whites (they have some quite creative ways of doing this ), but this all leads away from their insistance that race is paramount

** This nags at them constantly, not the opposition part, they sort of dig that, but the general non acceptance part.

The above are more general approach to white nationalism, but sometimes the opportunity arises to strike at more specific beliefs, and I'll deal with white supremacism here.

Even this can be broken down into different areas, but it is often first broached in a general sense. The main chestnut they will give at supporting this belief is Western science and technology, and contrasting this to what other races have achieved in the last few centuries in this artificially defined arena, and it is the contrast here they will play on most of all.

What we're basically dealing with here is technophila, and it simply remains to point out that this technological advancement is simply down to the stumbling over easily accessible fossil fuels. What is not so simple is to show that this is actually the case, and a slightly technical mind is required here.
Alternatively, the latter can be skipped, and it can be pointed out that the 'white race' has failed to find a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels and is about to crash into a brick wall concerning this. The failure to do this is a prime indicator that whites are 'nothing special'** after all and just had a period of good fortune.

**They hate the term 'nothing special'. They want drama... and get a shrug.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jakell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Searcher08 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm wrote:
Saying someone
'smells kinda funny'
is a Third Grade level insult

Got me thinking of your 'emotional BO' remark. That difference being that that was used intelligently and with humour.

For a while now I've translated the 'slippery as an eel' remark as indicating an inability to grasp, ie not focusing on the eel, but on the handler.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby American Dream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:16 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:57 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:54 pm wrote:
American Dream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:07 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 am wrote:so I'll take that as a no? and that you agree with solace?

I have heard nothing- and it's hard for me to decode what you're really thinking about jewish bankers, holocaust revisionism and the like.

I'm not sure that you know just how truly awful that sounds.

For myself, it is a shocking example of the non-commital, the dishonest, the deceitful, the underhanded, the duplicitous, the double-dealing, the two-faced, the dissembling, the insincere, the false, the untruthful, the mendacious, not candid, not frank, sly, sneaky, tricky, scheming, calculating, designing, devious, unscrupulous, the economical with the truth, the terminologically inexact , the hollow-hearted, the double-faced, the truthless, the unveracious

Personally, I think Slad, you are a fucking anti-Semite Mouthy Mick bitch who needs to STFU and make me a sandwich. :rofl2

So since the other post was not your last, as you just promised, maybe you could clarify what you think about about jewish bankers, holocaust revisionism and the like. Personally, I think that's basically bogus stuff, to be quite honest. How about you?

Also, what about a meeting with PW?- by pm and/or here?
American Dream

Postby jakell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Searcher08 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 pm wrote:
'has not revealed much of what he thinks'
Actually he has. He is clearly a practical ANTI-fascist. He just disagrees with most of the content of your 'critique' deluge, and your process.

Thanks for spotting and mentioning this, I get the impression most of my output has been swamped by masses of other stuff, and I've been trying to stay focussed and keep it relatively simple.

In my opinion, keeping things as simple as possible is a requisite in confronting something successfully.
jakell

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:42 pm

jakell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:I might try and make a little series of this. Of course, opposing WN ideologues is a not simple call and response courtrooom style thing, you have to hang around and take your opportunities. Often they will just withdraw early on and you will have to bide your time till the next opportunity.

jakell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:47 pm wrote:
jakell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:Another error is to assume there is such a thing as 'European white nationalism'. This is something that was thrown at me when I was trying to drive the wedge a little bit further in between British nationalists and White nationalists.

British WN enthusiasts like to say there is no difference, and I counter this by saying that they are trying to devolve 'Britishness' into the image of some American import, this is hard for them to argue with, WN is foreign to Britain, and can exist independently of Britain.
They then termed themselves 'European White Nationalists', but this is easy to counter too. If 'whiteness' alone is supposed to be the significant decider (which they claim), then geography cannot be, it is a worldwide thing or nothing.

I'm not offering the above as some sort of great truth , just one of the many points they can be practically countered on if one keeps a level head, and doesn't get distracted by shrill binary ideologies.

The argument here is only really effective where there is another indigenous nationalism to pit WN against, eg most European Counties, To make the distinction in America for instance would be more difficult.

Another very simple and effective way to argue against WN's is to play on their insistence that the views of whites are supposedly paramount. Then all that is needed is to point out the vast number of whites who are not receptive to their views**, or even in strident opposition.

This might sound like a small point, but it does open up a logical contradiction in their views that is hard to reconcile, the only way they can do this is to try to explain away the views of certain whites (they have some quite creative ways of doing this ), but this all leads away from their insistance that race is paramount

** This nags at them constantly, not the opposition part, they sort of dig that, but the general non acceptance part.

The above are more general approach to white nationalism, but sometimes the opportunity arises to strike at more specific beliefs, and I'll deal with white supremacism here.

Even this can be broken down into different areas, but it is often first broached in a general sense. The main chestnut they will give at supporting this belief is Western science and technology, and contrasting this to what other races have achieved in the last few centuries in this artificially defined arena, and it is the contrast here they will play on most of all.

What we're basically dealing with here is technophila, and it simply remains to point out that this technological advancement is simply down to the stumbling over easily accessible fossil fuels. What is not so simple is to show that this is actually the case, and a slightly technical mind is required here.
Alternatively, the latter can be skipped, and it can be pointed out that the 'white race' has failed to find a sustainable alternative to fossil fuels and is about to crash into a brick wall concerning this. The failure to do this is a prime indicator that whites are 'nothing special'** after all and just had a period of good fortune.

**They hate the term 'nothing special'. They want drama... and get a shrug.

Jesus, this is the FIRST DOWN TO EARTH, JARGON FREE, CLEAR, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCED-BASED ANTI-FASCIST STRATEGY I have read in this (now) frickken car wreck of a thread. :wallhead:

Y E S !!! :thumbsup
Searcher08

Postby American Dream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Given that I have repeatedly brought this up with you, even in this thread, that is a bit... forgetful.

I still don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should consider being specific, providing citations, etc.

Saying you have 'added to this thread periodically' (when I have been making sincere requests to slow down the post rate and amount so that readers can ingest what you have already posted - a request you ignored) is like describing the Japanese tsumani as 'somewhat frisky'
Your description of jakell as being obsessed with the thread translates as actually a person disagreeing with what you post and your posting style and not cutting you slack about it.

I have added to this thread periodically since I started it in 2009. Maybe you should clarify first before assuming such meaning. As to jakell, disagreeing, sure that is reasonably inferred from his trolling the hell out of me but the repeated refrain is that he is an anti-fascist who simply knows all the "White Nationalists" and wants to somehow "help" me strategize, or something. I don't buy it personally- nor should anyone with a few brain cells they know how to use- and that is one of many reasons I have a rigorous intuiton that all is not well with jakell...

Not only was the evidence was clear and accurate; it was specific, measurable, time based and personal. It was also not about a poster 'long gone' - a terminology you use for a Hasbara poster but not for others.

If you have evidence that is not sketchy, please tell it now. Also, what are you expecting me to to do about this happening of several years ago?

You have changed your mind then, because you WERE sure about my interest in them.

No- my view of you then and now is not so different, just a bit more humanized.

For example, a person reading what you say might infer I am anti-BDS (I'm not), any Palestinian Liberation (anything but), a supporter of Israel Shamir, when I think he is probably some countries Intelligence asset or that I support Atzmon when I actually think he has provocative interesting things to say about IRISH culture.

I understand from what you've posted that you support BDS and Mondoweiss, that you don't support Israel Shamir and I assumed that you mostly do support Atzmon (not sure of the details there). This is what I gleaned from what you wrote and most any other reader could too...
Last edited by American Dream on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Dream

Postby jakell » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Searcher08 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm wrote:
Jesus, this is the FIRST DOWN TO EARTH, JARGON FREE, CLEAR, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCED-BASED ANTI-FASCIST STRATEGY I have read in this (now) frickken car wreck of a thread. :wallhead:

Y E S !!! :thumbsup

Don't get too excited, it's really just limited to internet forums and most of the time they will not want to play, but when it happens it becomes apparent how much the 'soldiers' look up to their 'intelligencia'. The sound of deflation is quite audible.

When BDF opens up again (if it ever does), I'll point to a thread where a Canadian Superman turns up in the middle of a 100 page holocast denying thread and roundly defeats every argument, deflection and strategy that is thrown at him and remains wonderfully humorous and cool.

It was wonderful to watch, as my grasp of the historical detail needed there is nowhere near adequate.
jakell

Postby American Dream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:14 pm

These sound like they could be jakell's kind of people:

Casa Pound and the new radical right in Italy

Image 'Extraordinary action, when necessary', Casa Pound's student branch in clashes at the Piazza Navona

You'd be forgiven for thinking that a group of zine-publishing techie squatters into rock music, baiting the state and defending the working class were part of the anarchist left. But, writes the Moyote Project, Italy's Casa Pound movement is symptomatic of the radical right's growing ability to assimilate progressive agendas into a toxic and populist political brew.

In 1973 the Italian neo-fascist group Nuova Destra (New Right) started publishing the DIY fanzine The Voice from the Sewer, as an ironic response to the left-wing slogan that incited (neo)fascists to return to the only place that they possibly could have emerged from. Yet now, more than 25 years on, it appears as if the fragmented, contradictory and unrepentant universe of the Italian radical right has crawled out of the sewer and entered the public sphere with its head held high. Armed with new tactics, a rousing new vocabulary and a rehash of old ideologies - and making use of the latest in graphic design - it has carved out for itself a space which is precariously balanced between the street and the various state institutions and are achieving pernicious success in both arenas. It labels itself the non-conforme right and ‘third millennium fascists'1. Its recent successes and new found abilities in interpreting the moods and swings of our times suggest that its recent, surprising re-emergence cannot be filed away as something symptomatic ,merely, of an appearance of detritus from the past. A closer look at its tactics, ideological baggage and at the role it plays in contemporary Italy is now more than warranted.

Casa Pound

Casa Pound screams:
Man needs to be liberated.
The market kills the soul.
The law of profit sweeps away all obstructions that come in its way.
Workers, peoples, communities.
Love, joy, sacrifice and diversity. Destroyed.

- Casa Pound, ‘Who We Are'2

One of the most important and innovative configurations within the radical right galaxy is undoubtedly represented by the movement known by the name of Casa Pound (CP). Our choice to concentrate on this particular epiphenomenon stems from the fact that Casa Pound and its peculiar characteristics represent an important turning point in the Italian neo-fascist historical landscape. More fundamentally, an analysis of this particular social movement can act as a magnifying glass that will allow us to focus on the development of the radical right, the birth of a ‘plural right' and the political and social circumstances that favoured their contemporary rise in Italy.

Casa Pound was born in 2003 from the occupation of a state-owned building in the central and multicultural neighbourhood of Esquilino in Rome, by a group linked to the radical right milieu in the capital. The occupation was termed an OSA occupation (A Scopo Abitativo, ‘for living purposes'), in that a number of families were housed in the building. Besides being a residential squat, Casa Pound also became the base for the activities of the growing movement, and its symbolic locus. More occupations followed, some of them were OSAs and some were born as ONCs (Occupazioni Non Conformi - ‘occupations that do not conform'). The latter ones were conceived as social spaces that were to be open to the public, as spaces for the dissemination of culture, community and sports activities. This, we could observe, mimicked the function and style of left-wing social centres. Their main purpose has always been the creation of a sense of community, the strengthening of collective social ties and the forging of diverse connections within their specific localities. Casa Pound members were in effect reclaiming the normally left-wing activity of squatting and on their web site they announced: ‘the reactionary stereotype that defines the occupation of empty buildings as an exclusive practice of the left is forever shattered.'3

And thus, after establishing itself and taking root in the capital, CP developed as a national organisation and then proceeded to branch out into numerous cities in the country. It opened spaces (both occupied and not) and established for itself a growing platform for political manoeuvring. It now possesses significant political weight in Northern Italy throughout parts of that region which have been characterised by a strong right-wing tradition such as Verona and Milan. Nonetheless its presence in the South is also becoming very significant (Catania and Naples are just two cities where the CP's presence is substantial).

However, the first occupations in Rome have remained the most significant ones in terms of their duration and rootedness. One important characteristic of the ONCs is that they have emerged from a desire for a space of collective sociality and cultural production, rather than from an explicitly political and ideological drive. The musical scene that developed around the band ZetaZeroAlfa (ZZA) was absolutely central in this process, acting as a catalyst for the emergence of the movement. ZZA's lead singer and frontman is Casa Pound's charismatic leader, Gianluca Iannone. He has long been a major figure in the radical right political scene in Rome and is known to be close to names involved in the ‘black terrorism' season of the '70s. This musical scene has helped Casa Pound widen and strengthen its social base; it provides the important link between the subcultural dimension of a youth experience that finds its raison d'être in a generically rebellious and anti-conformist identity, and the experiences of a more ideologically defined political militancy.

The ‘metapolitical', or pre-political dimension connected to musical expression, to culture and to the development of a collective imagination, is key to CP's ability to fascinate and attract the attention of a growing number of young people. The ONCs host gigs, collective dinners, book presentations, cultural events; they organise mountain excursions and talks about ethnic minorities whose struggles garner popular support (Palestine has been one such example, but the Karen people have also been given attention). In Centri Sociali di Destra, Di Tullio says that,

The occupations of the radical right represent a new synthesis between metapolitical drives and a different approach to non-party politics; ones that are less unrealistically projected towards ideologies and closer to the everyday lived realities of the vast majority of people4.

Despite playing an absolutely key role in the constitution of new right-wing social formations, an appreciation for the metapolitical is nonetheless strongly supported by a political and ideological dimension that - behind the innovative communication strategies and the language used - is in direct relation to themes and issues typical of the anti-bourgeois and state-critical Social Right, the roots of which may be found in Mussolini's first theorisations and then re-emerging more explicitly in the experience of the Italian Social Republic of Salò (RSI, 1943-1945), as will be seen in more detail below.

The political issues that Casa Pound engages with through its educational events and political actions cohere around a few strong themes. These include the right to ownership of housing, struggles against the rising cost of living and the defence of the traditional family (which is understood as the basic unit of the nation). They have included the dissemination of revisionist theories, the critique of usury derived from the work of Ezra Pound and the study of historical and intellectual figures linked to or associated with the Social Right (such as Julius Evola, Alessandro Pavolini, and J.R.R. Tolkien)5. The range of intellectual influences also includes the recuperation of figures traditionally associated with left-wing culture with the most obvious example of this tendency being the appropriation of the work of Che Guevara. All of this is set against an ideological backdrop which is rife with anti-capitalist and anti-statist tendencies, which include the refusal of neoliberal worldviews and the defence of workers' rights (although understood to be limited to a nationalist frame of reference).

The main campaign on which CP has concentrated its efforts concerns the issue of the right to housing and the proposal for a ‘social mortgage'. Through direct actions coordinated at a national level, CP has tried to bring into existence a housing policy that would guarantee all ‘white' Italian workers the right to own a property. They have proposed a bill - which the coalition in power is in part considering implementing - that would guarantee access to a ‘social mortgage' for the purchase at cost price of a property managed by a public institution. The actions that have accompanied this campaign, which were of a symbolic and spectacular nature, have ranged from the hanging of mannequins to represent the Italian families strangled by mortgages, to an invasion of the Italian Big Brother set, which is seen as ‘an insult to all those Italians who are victims of the housing crisis'. CP's decision to use occupation as a tool has to be read in conjunction with this struggle for the ‘social mortgage', as an ideological stance and active political response to the difficulty of accessing affordable housing for a large section of the population. There has been a clear choice to concentrate on issues that have the potential to engage the poorest non-migrant sections of society and that have the potential to cary the most potent social charge. These choices represent a continuity in ideals with the tradition of the historical Social Right, but if they are seen in conjunction with the parallel attempt at obtaining political legitimacy, they should also be interpreted as symptoms of a fundamental break with the dynamics that the radical right has been part of since the post-war years. It is necessary to look at this historical conjuncture in a more detailed way so that we can appreciate the nature of the shifts now taking place in Italy.

Post-Fascism 1946-1995: Guaranteeing Order or Waiting for the Wind of Revolution?

The period we will take into consideration in order to summarise the history of neo-fascism - 1946-1995 - has been chosen because it represents the date of birth and of death of the main radical right-wing, Italian political party: the Movimento Sociale Italiano (MSI - Italian Social Movement). At the end of the Second World War, Italy, still lacerated by the bloody wounds of the fascist barbarity and the Nazi invasion, witnessed the formation of this collective political subject that positioned itself in radical continuity with the ideals of the defeated fascism. The MSI recuperated a so called ‘social version' of fascists, which had been incarnated in the Italian Social Republic of Salò. One of the main ideological reference points of this political strand was this republic's Verona Charter of 1943, which in its 18 points called for an absolutist fascist state to be founded on a corporatist model of labour relations where workers would have a stake in the profits of production, creating a cross class unity and a dissolution of class conflict. It championed land redistribution and a highly regulated version of private property relations permeated through and through by various anti-capitalist tendencies - whilst guaranteeing the individual's right to ownership of a private home.

The main objective of the MSI in the immediate post-war years was to offer a comprehensive ideological worldview and a refuge for all the defeated fascists who did not want to leave the ideals of the dictatorship behind. The party thus naturally became the central hub of the Italian far right, and local party offices opened their doors to different groups of camerati, despite the fact that in their midst a myriad of neo-fascist currents and groups developed. Some of these groups were extremely distant from and even in direct contradiction with official party lines. The post-war Italian landscape relegated fascists to a marginal and isolated position - although this was true more on a social than on a political level. And it was this fact that pushed so many right-wingers into embracing previously denigrated forms of what had once been thought to be specifically ‘radical forms' of political activism, as well as to engage in their own conspiratorial plots for coups and ‘revolutionary plans'.

It has to be pointed out that the internal and international dynamics of Italian political life of the post-war years were extremely complex: Italy was a member of NATO and occupied a strategic position on what might be described as a kind of European political chess board, and it was also home to the strongest and most organised Communist Party (PCI) in the western world. Many, and in particular the USA, had observed the internal Italian social and political situation with growing apprehension given the then international political uncertainty. In this condition of strong social tension and definite class polarisation, neo-fascism can be seen to have taken on a central and ambiguous role. The various groups (some of them armed and terrorist) were ferociously anti-communist and were to became the bloody executors of a strategy of tension that aimed to create chaos precisely in order to guarantee order. The intent was to provoke an anti-communist and authoritarian political strategy by carrying out acts of destabilisation (which were orchestrated in such a way that their political adversaries would be held responsible for them)6. Although these politics of dissimulation and deception were quite forcefully put into play, they were not lauded by some sectors of the radical neo-fascist scene who did not wish to be forced to go along with their prescribed role of being agents for both the Italian state apparatus, its intelligence service and their respective conspiratorial policies.

Although these groups did essentially agree with the strong anti-communist ideology of the Italian State and intelligence service, they also manifested their own anti-American worldview, embracing anti-imperialism and opposing themselves to the prevailing image of American society as paradigmatically individualistic and composed of a vast array of alienated subjects. This was theorised by Julius Evola, who became known as the neo-fascist ‘black baron'.

These currents started developing a practice of actions that would work against the system and not for its ultimate defence. One of the main formations that emerged was Terza Posizione (TP - Third Position), a name that refers to the incompatibility of their ideological worldview with both communism and capitalism, and was summarised in their slogan ‘neither red front, nor reaction'. TP configured itself as a ‘subversive' group holding to national-socialist and anti-bourgeois positions.

Terza Posizione's practices were influenced by the cultural and political climate of the time, and by a certain contradictory fascination with left-wing movements. This fascination had manifested itself since 1968 - with the presence, for example, of Nazi-Maoist and Guevaraist groups within the Law Faculty in Rome. The expulsion of the trade unionist Luciano Lama from the capital's Sapienza University had been admired by the neo-fascists who, while continuing with their attacks on ‘comrades' for the territorial conquest of the streets, had on more than one occasion pushed for an ‘overcoming of the differences' in an attempt to create a bipartisan convergence of the different-sided political factions against the real enemy: the State 7.

Continues at: http://www.metamute.org/editorial/artic ... ight-italy
American Dream

Postby jakell » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:54 am

I like this image from the article above, I think it's supposed to depict some possibly scary people, but to me it looks like some sort of tribal dance (with a few out of step)

The article has piqued my interest in the Italian Right, and especially because the word 'fascist' in that country very likely has a much more specific meaning than when used by most of the world.
It's a word I try to avoid because it's meaning has become so vacuous, and when it rears it's head, it then gets a lot harder to make progress in a discussion. I liked JMG's reference to it as a 'snarl word':

............These days, to be more precise, the word “fascism” mostly functions as what S.I. Hayakawa used to call a snarl word—a content-free verbal noise that expresses angry emotions and nothing else. One of my readers last week commented that for all practical purposes, the word “fascism” could be replaced in everyday use with “Oogyboogymanism,” and of course he’s quite correct; Aldous Huxley pointed out many years ago that already in his time, the word “fascism” meant no more than “something of which one ought to disapprove.” When activists on the leftward end of today’s political spectrum insist that the current US government is a fascist regime, they thus mean exactly what their equivalents on the rightward end of the same spectrum mean when they call the current US government a socialist regime: “I hate you.” It’s a fine example of the way that political discourse nowadays has largely collapsed into verbal noises linked to heated emotional states that drowns out any more useful form of communication.

http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.co.uk/2014_02_01_archive.html

At a future point, I might have a go at recovering this meaning, but as someone on here has remarked, it didn't work the last time. The above essay is not a bad place to start though.
jakell

Postby Sounder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am

While Rigorous Intuition welcomes a range of informed perspectives, it is not intended to be a forum for the re-fighting of elemental human values. It should be assumed that this is a place where the dignity and rights of all people are respected.

Could somebody please point me towards this place?
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby American Dream » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 am

American Dream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 am wrote:The fucked-up movements Keith Preston/ATS urge us to accept certainly do go out from Britain and the United States to become serious problems for people in other parts of the world, too:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/01/22/whos- ... -neo-nazis

22 Jan 2014

Who's Keeping An Eye On Aussie Neo-Nazis?

By Andy Fleming

The racial elements in the case of Minh Duong were downplayed in his trial, but the far-right is more persistent and organised in Australia than people think, writes Andy Fleming

In 2012, Vietnamese student Minh Duong was viciously beaten in the streets of Ascot Vale, Victoria. He was assaulted by two men, who called him a "fucking Gook", stabbed him multiple times and hit him with a brick with sufficient force to crack the brick itself...

Found at: “Give me the money Jew or else I will get you” (antifa notes, feb 16, 2014)

http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/?p=35596

More from slackbastard on the international connection:

http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/?p=908

Anarchist statement on the New Right

Posted on October 21, 2007

Below is the text of a collective statement by a small number of local anarchist groups on the subject of the New Right, a recently formed fascist groupuscule based in Sydney which made its first public appearance at the APEC demonstrations in that city in early September.

Introduction

On Saturday, September 8, 2007, a small group of between 15-30 individuals assembled in Sydney under the banner of the New Right. They were there to attend the anti-APEC summit rally and protest, and did so while assembled in the manner of a black bloc (dressed in black uniforms and wearing masks to disguise their faces). Their propaganda proclaimed the group to be composed of ‘national anarchists’.

This statement is being issued by a number of anarchist groups in Australia and Aotearoa in order to unmask these impostors, to expose ‘national anarchism’ as being the fascist nonsense that it is, and to give notice, both to the ‘national anarchists’ and to the general public, that anarchists in Australia and Aotearoa will not tolerate fascist elements attempting to use anarchist rhetoric and imagery in order to pursue their goals. We do so on the basis of our support for the equality and freedom of all individuals, regardless of race or ethnicity, and in recognition of the role of fascist ideas, parties and movements in destroying the libertarian working class cultures and movements which anarchists promote and which we depend upon for our survival.

But what, exactly, is the ‘New Right’, and what is a ‘national anarchist’?

The New Right

In Australia, the New Right is a tiny grouping on the far right, established in late 2005, largely via the efforts of a German-born, Sydney-based businessman named Welf Herfurth. Herfurth has a long history of involvement in the German neo-Nazi movement, including the NPD, and more recently the Australian far right, including organisations and projects such as the Australia First Party, Blood & Honour, One Nation and the Inverell and Sydney Forums. According to Herfurth and the New Right, “National-Anarchism represents the political embodiment of the… New Right — it is the political wing”. In other words, while the New Right provides the ‘theory’, ‘national anarchism’ is the ‘practice’.

National anarchism

‘National anarchism’ has its origins in the UK, and is largely the brainchild of Troy Southgate, another individual with a long history of involvement in the British neo-Nazi movement, including organisations such as the National Front, the International Third Position, the English Nationalist Movement and the National Revolutionary Faction. Critic Graham D. Macklin notes that “When put into its wider context… ‘national-anarchism’ appears as one of many groupuscular responses to globalization, popular antipathy towards which Southgate sought to harness by aligning [his activities]… with the resurgence of anarchism whose heroes and slogans it arrogated, and whose sophisticated critiques of global capitalist institutions and state power it absorbed…”.* In essence, ‘national anarchism’ is an attempt to use anarchist rhetoric and imagery in order to better advance the cause of reactionary, racist and fascist politics.

Our response

As anarchists, we categorically reject this. We also categorically reject any and all attempts by the New Right (and any other group with politics similar to it) to align themselves in any way, shape or form with the contemporary anarchist movement in Australia and Aotearoa. The use of such tactics by the far right, including the formation of ‘black blocs’ such as the one in Sydney, has been witnessed in Europe for a number of years, and it now appears that an attempt, however minor, to do so in Australia is now being made. (In Germany, for example, some right-wing radicals even use the “Antifaschistische Aktion” logo (a circle with a red and black flag) but adorn it with the slogan “Nationale Sozialisten” (national socialists)!)

We consider the use of such tactics to be deliberately aimed at causing confusion among the broader public with regards the aims and methods of elements of the far right, and to confuse anarchism with the pursuit of ‘white, nationalist’ politics. Such tactics are also based upon a recognition by elements of the far right of the attractive nature of anarchist rhetoric and imagery to many young people, and a desire to win some of these individuals away from genuine attempts to create true anarchy; a society without rulers — of whatever colour, and of whatever supposed nationality.

As such, we, as anarchists: wish to make our opposition to the New Right and ‘national anarchism’ known; denounce their attempts to appropriate ‘anarchist’ rhetoric, imagery and symbology for their own, racist and fascist purposes; commit ourselves to ensuring, each in our own way, that any and all confusion be eliminated in the minds of both the ‘national anarchists’ and the broader public regarding the opposition between anarchism and the antics of groups such as the New Right.

Signed : Anarchist Direct Action, Barricade Books, Melbourne Anarchist Club (Melbourne); Jura Books (Sydney); Wildcat (Wellington)

*Graham D. Macklin, 'Co-opting the counter culture: Troy Southgate and the National Revolutionary Faction', Patterns of Prejudice, Vol.39, No.3, 2005 [PDF]

Last edited by American Dream on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X
American Dream

Postby Sounder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:39 am

While Rigorous Intuition welcomes a range of informed perspectives, it is not intended to be a forum for the re-fighting of elemental human values. It should be assumed that this is a place where the dignity and rights of all people are respected.

Could somebody please point me towards this place?
Sounder

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:04 am

it is unavailable at the moment

slander and innuendo rein
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jakell » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 am

The above article was posted here just yesterday (in it's entirety) on this thread, and this is one of several duplicates I have noticed, including between current threads too.
jakell

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 am

he does it all the time...day after day....week after week...year after year...
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

PreviousNext

Return to Data & Research Compilations