Ruppert died

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Ruppert died

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 pm

82_28 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am wrote:Yet, just to carry forth the RI "way" one must still consider the fact it was faked.

If us motherfuckers get fucked around with, think of how much Ruppert was certain to be hounded with. Again, I don't know and err on the side of he took his life. Yet a faked death is not out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe all deaths are fake.

What would be the point of faking his death though, I dont think he was hounded constantly anymore, he could have easily just rode off in to the sunset and went on to live his life. Maybe I am underestimating his situation, I really dont know much about Mike other than reading Rubicon and seeing a few videos of him all of which made me think, long before this alleged suicide that he was either battling serious depression and possibly self medicating with heavy alcohol use and/or just really, really tired and exhausted from what he had seen, been through and believed what was coming. I saw a man ready to check in and not check out.

I am not dismissing any of these possibilities by any means, I am just not quite sold on it at this point.
Hunter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby divideandconquer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Project Willow » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am wrote:There are many ways to make a person take themselves out. There was a suicide note posted on this board not long ago from a homosexual man who faced incessant stigma in his small town, had no family, no job prospects, and no way of getting himself out of the scenario or receiving any financial help. That's just our normative twisted system snuffing out a light, which is bad enough. Rupert came from a CIA family, and he was openly hounded, there's no telling what (expertly honed and targeted) psychological pressures might have been inflicted upon him exacerbating his despair at the state of the world, and his ability to simply live. The question of malfeasance doesn't have to be about who pulled the physical trigger, I'd argue that in today's world, it rarely is.

I never even considered this possibility.

One of the reasons I always question the "suicides" of controversial people who have sacrificed the quality of their lives for the truth is because I think they deserve it. They didn't accept anything without subjecting it to critical scrutiny, so why should we, who have benefited from their tireless search for the truth, take it as fact that they just gave up and offed themselves...or drove so recklessly that they crashed into a tree or a pole... . Of course, it's a strong possibility that that's what happened here, but what if it's not? What if he was a targeted individual? Doesn't he deserve, at the very least, our consideration beyond what's been reported about his death?
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 pm wrote:
82_28 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am wrote:Yet, just to carry forth the RI "way" one must still consider the fact it was faked.

If us motherfuckers get fucked around with, think of how much Ruppert was certain to be hounded with. Again, I don't know and err on the side of he took his life. Yet a faked death is not out of the realm of possibility.

Maybe all deaths are fake.

What would be the point of faking his death though

I speculated earlier in the thread about the potential of this being a fake suicide, but that was in the absence of any source I felt I could trust reporting on the manner of his death or even that it was confirmed, as well as in the absence of any knowledge of the man himself. In the light of personal reports from the people who knew him and a bit of reading I've come to believe a fake death is not possible. It's just not something he would have done.

I dont think he was hounded constantly anymore

Maybe, maybe not.

he could have easily just rode off in to the sunset and went on to live his life.

Apparently not. He was homeless and destitute, as well as deeply wounded. He saw too clearly and felt too deeply. besides battling his own demons he was watching the world inexorably move toward the self destruction he warned about. It was too much apparently. What he wasn't was friendless.

Maybe I am underestimating his situation, I really dont know much about Mike other than reading Rubicon and seeing a few videos of him all of which made me think, long before this alleged suicide that he was either battling serious depression and possibly self medicating with heavy alcohol use and/or just really, really tired and exhausted from what he had seen, been through and believed what was coming.

If you've never seriously contemplated suicide, then you've never been that low and you just can't relate.

Suicide isn't utterly confirmed, but I'm certain enough to avoid phrases like "alleged suicide" at this point.

See:

Laodicean » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:43 am wrote:From Wesley Miller at CollapseNet.com (comment section):

WesleyMiller 2014-04-15 07:54
I can confirm after to speaking with the Napa County Sheriff's Office that yes, Micheal C. Ruppert is dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. 100% confirmed.

I will be going to investigate the circumstances of MCR's death in person to confirm the facts, but I can tell you without equivocation that MCR had discussed taking his own life on more than one occasion, with me and with other people. His suicidal ideation exists on video and in writing, which I will produce in the days ahead to quiet the noise and speculation. But first, I want to see the facts for myself, as Mike and I promised each other we would do for each other under these kind of circumstances. I am a former prosecutor, I've been to my share of autopsies, and if there was/is anything nefarious about Mike's death, I will know it, and report it.

Right now, I am just very, very sad... - Wes

# WesleyMiller 2014-04-15 15:28
Just spoke to the coroner's office. The autopsy is being performed this morning, so there is no way I can be there. They will be sending me the coroner's report later today, followed by the complete autopsy results (with toxicology, etc.) within a few months. I will report it here directly as those reports come in.

I also spoke with the man who found MCR's body. He was a friend of Mike's whom I had met several years ago in Sebastopol. There was no question about it being a suicide - it was all planned out by MCR. MCR used a Glock 30 .45 caliber pistol and shot himself in the head. It hurts me even more because I recommended that gun to him (it's my carry gun) and I even gave him a quick-draw holster for it on MCR's birthday a few years ago. Yes, I am still very emotional about all...

Wes

https://www.collapsenet.com/free-resour ... ed-suicide

JackRiddler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:28 pm wrote:This is very sad, but in no way a surprise. My friend Michael Ruppert, at times a teacher and at times a human wrecking ball, a consumed scholar who brought forth both clarity and panic, was known to all who knew him as a tortured soul who had engaged in sudden bursts of public self-destruction several times in the past. He signaled in many ways to the many who knew him, as well as in public, that he would one day end his life. This is not the first time he tried to do it and some of his public meltdowns in effect served to act it out. This is why those who knew him in person show no doubt about what has happened. My friend Jenna Orkin knew him far better than I, and gave her all to rescue him during one of his earlier episodes of self-attack, taking him into her home for more than a year. I met with them a couple of times back when he stayed with her in New York. She wrote:

Mike's Suicidal Tendencies

from Jenna Orkin

In response to the internet sages who have concluded, in the face of all known evidence from the people who were most intimately familiar with him as well as with the admittedly real dangers that had faced him over the course of his life as an investigative journalist, that Mike did not kill himself but was in fact murdered, his suicidal ideation goes back at least eight years. As a small example, below are excerpts from a few of his emails sent from Venezuela in 2006. In addition, he would call at any and all hours to be talked out of jumping from the roof or offing himself in some other way.

A foray into the seedier barrios of Caracas during a protest was one part journalistic adventure but one bigger part, courting danger. For a hero's death was devoutly to be wished. Failing that, he'd settle - as happened in the end - for death by any means available. On one occasion, he confessed to having tied his necktie around his neck as part of an effort to hang himself - and you can be sure I would not put forth such an implausible notion if it were not true - from the shower fixture. He said that he didn't go through with it because he wished to spare his roommate at the time, Carlos Ruiz, the trauma of finding him the next morning.

He finally left Venezuela in November, ending up, after a detour to Canada, at my apartment. But his reprieve from the alien environment that had not welcomed him the way he had dreamed brought only brief respite. For the next fourteen months, he contemplated suicide on an almost daily basis so that whenever I went to work or the grocery store, I made him promise not to kill himself before I came back. His word - his "honor" - mattered to him more than anything so we took it one day at a time, a notion that was familiar to him from AA.

More on this period in due course.

She includes several of his mails from Venezuela at https://www.collapsenet.com/free-resour ... ed-suicide

I saw a man ready to check in and not check out.

What does that mean?

I am not dismissing any of these possibilities by any means, I am just not quite sold on it at this point.

What is the "it"?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:52 pm

I only used the word alleged because I am trying to to be at least somewhat respectful to those who may hold the opinion it was not a suicide. I personally believe it was.

"IT" refers to the argument that he faked his death, I was saying I am not sold on that argument, which some here have made and I have tried to be respectful towards but I dont agree with it and I am not seeing the evidence to support it.

But really, I dont know much about Mike, so I cant speak with any authority either way.

When I said I saw a man ready to check in and not check out I was saying I saw in Mike, on videos I saw of him, a man who was ready to end it. He looked tired and defeated.
Hunter

Postby 82_28 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I for one, who does want to carry on with solemn respect for him, does want to make it clear that I essentially believe he took his life. However, as with anything, who knows?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Laodicean » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm

A toast to MCR on this Easter Eve. :cheers:
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby The Consul » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

David Corn is a capable journalist and has done some good work. Still, he is an asshole, the kind of asshole that can only be understood by elbow rubbing with many other in the know kiss ass beltway assholes. Ruppert tried to get to the truth without being an asshole or kissing up to partisan fuckwads. If you aren't in The Fold, they bury you with one mistake. They strip you naked and hang you from a rusty pike and play Clockwork Orange backwards while laughing at your genitalia and pissing on pictures of your mother. Then they sacrifice a small animal and go cruising for runaway teenagers while cribbing for their morning appearance on Meet the Press.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Nice to see RI get a shout-out for being "illuminating":

Mike's Story, Part 4; Friends - by Jenna Orkin

Update 04-22-2014

Mike's Story Part 4; Friends

By Jenna Orkin

Mike's father's job with the Air Force required the family to move so often that Mike changed schools virtually every year. It's notoriously hard to make friends under those circumstances and it left him lonely and angry, especially after "Dad" started staying away from home for longer periods. He took out his frustration on the family dog, kicking and abusing it. When Dad returned, he immediately got the lay of the land, understanding he was the root cause of the problem. But he also realized that for everyone's sake, the dog had to go. I always felt that Mike's yearning for a "dawg" was partly to make amends to that childhood pet. He needed to prove to himself that he could care for a dog since, as no one questions, he loved them so much.

One day shortly after the family moved to Denver, a kid in Mike's class said, "Hey, Mike! We're all down by the pool. Love it if you could join us. Bring some cookies!"

Mike got excited - Could it be he would finally have some friends?

"I said, 'Ma, quick - get some cookies!'" he remembered.

"She drove me down there. They just wanted free cookies. They laughed at me..."

As he relived this story, Mike looked like the miserable kid he had been that day.

This is the background to the pride that shone from him in recent years when he would say with awe, "I have 5000 Facebook friends!"

UPDATE 04-21-2014

Mike's Story Part 3: Dad

By Jenna Orkin

"My dad had a great life," Mike said one day. "War hero in two wars. Fought in one; was a [I didn't catch the term] in the other. Made money. Died taking a shit, which he loved. So do I," he added, with a defiant smile. "But what did he do to make the world better? Paid his taxes; took care of [his second wife.] He just kept the system going."

On another occasion: "My dad was so in control, even after he had a cerebral hemorrhage while taking a shit, he managed to get himself to his favorite chair."

A major reason Mike worked so fiendishly to finish Crossing the Rubicon in 2004 was that he wanted to present it to his father before he died. (The other reason was that he hoped to sway the 2004 election.)

He succeeded with the first goal and got the satisfaction of watching his father's entrenched Republican views transform into an acceptance of Mike's. And he got to bask in the pride his father felt about his achievement.

"He did love me, though," he reflected.

"When I was five, I had my first eye operation. When I woke up, I had a patch on my eye. And next to me on the pillow was a teddy bear with a patch on his eye. I think the doctor put the patch on.

'My father did do some things when I was very young. We went to a Baltimore Orioles game. He took the cub scouts to something.

'That lasted 'til I was ten. He abandoned me to my mother. He was never there; he couldn't stand it. He was always traveling. I thought if I was just good enough, he might come and get me." His father only showed up, he said, when Mike had won something and Dad could preen.

One night at a party, Dad gave Mike, who was in his teens at the time, a drink. Under the influence, Mike told an anecdote which ended, "And then Dad beat the shit out of me."

His father was furious.

"He gave me a drink, then got mad when I acted the way people act when they've had a drink."

From the diary I kept during the period Mike stayed in my apartment:

January 21, 2007 This morning, he awoke with a start from a nightmare that black-clad guys in jackboots were coming to get him. This had followed two other dreams in which his father was beyond reach.

In a fourth dream, Mike was going on a trip, leaving his wife, Lindsay, with their two daughters, ages five and nine, who were in the bath. He had chosen that moment to leave so the children wouldn't make a fuss.

In discussing the dream, he said that his father used to leave that way when he went away on business, without saying good-bye, and leaving defenseless ("naked") Mike in the hands of his mother.

Long time Ruppert aficionados may remember Lindsay Gerken as the plaintiff in a sexual harassment suit against Mike which she would eventually win. However, she was never able to collect. More on this (though it's not worth much time) later.

"He was a war hero; he worked hard, made a lot of money. But he didn't do his duty by me."

"Not only that," I added. "He left you to do his duty." (In many ways, some of them unhealthy, Mike took over his father's role in the household.)

"Son of a bitch." He looked towards the ceiling. "Dad, you're fired. That son of a bitch. I used to have a shrine to him in my office in Ashland, with all his war medals. It's time we execute my Dad."

Mike's Story - Part 2

by Jenna Orkin

April 20, 2014

One morning a few weeks after he'd settled in to my apartment in Brooklyn, Mike said, "Honey? I'm having a hard time this morning."

He was supposed to call his therapist but the prospect was causing him such anxiety, he broke down in tears. I comforted him until the storm abated - at which point he said, "Would you make me breakfast?"

Is that what this was about? An appeal for pity so I'd make him breakfast?

"Why?" I asked suspiciously. I provided the first B of B&B since he was otherwise homeless, and the ingredients for the second since he was living on donations from his long-time followers. But why in God's name should I have to make it? Was he seeing how much he could get away with?

Mike's lifeline was honesty. A legacy of AA, it was what had bought him his sobriety from which flowed his connection to other people, their affection and help, his sense of belonging, his credibility, his integrity.

"I want to feel taken care of," he said, but it was not so much an explanation as an admission. The question had brought him up short and he was retreating with the grace that marked his many apologies, both public and private.

We sat down with our respective breakfasts, obtained by our respective selves.

"How does it feel to be taken care of?" I continued, veteran analyst that I am.

"Loved. Indulged. Worthy."

Indulged. Exactly.

"Those feelings may come more readily to those of us whose birth was not met ambivalently by our parents," I commented.

"My parents weren't ambivalent about me; they wanted me. My father did, anyway. My mother may have wanted me in order to please him."

On another occasion, Mike had said that he believed his mother married his father in order to escape her own father.

"They'd tried for a long time to have a child," he went on now. "I was two months premature. My mother spent the two months before that in bed.

'I was pronounced dead at birth. I cried on the way to the morgue."

It was my turn to cry now.

"Who are you crying for?" Mike asked.

"Your mother... I don't know." I believe that in addition to losing a baby before Mike, she also lost one after him.

"I met the doctor who delivered me when I was twenty-five.

'He remembered it. I had no pulse. I was blue. They tried to get my heart going. Then he handed me over to the nurse and I cried."
As he put his dishes in the dishwasher he continued, "Some spiritual people have said I'm a take-over, a soul waiting for a body to enter."

Perhaps it was this entry into the world, or at least his awareness of it, that accounted for his upset when we once happened upon a news article about terminally ill newborns.

Mike's last fb post:

I pray to all things seen and unseen, known and unknown, for we are all One.

The prophecies are being fulfilled. The hour of birth is at hand. The waters break and rend. There is blood. There are screams of pain. There is death and much anxiety in the air. Things look very bad for our Mother and all of her children.

The Truth awaits just on the other side of the ever dissolving veil where all the screaming and the mess is going on. The Truth opens its arms wide to lovingly receive the newborn and to comfort it.

“Isn’t it wonderful?” The Truth exclaims.

I am your scout and this is my report.

Mitakuye Oyasin.

(JO adds: Lakota for, "We are all related" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitakuye_Oyasin)

Original Post

Mike's Story

by Jenna Orkin

April 18, 2014

Mike left us an abundance of gifts, not least of which was his story. As an investigative journalist, he loved a good story even more keenly than the next man. And perhaps the one he loved most (as we all do, or would like to) was his own.

It was indeed a fascinating story, which goes some way to account for his thousands of friends and followers around the world, both "Facebook" and otherwise. Whether uncovering dirty dealings between politics and Wall Street that even Matt Taibbi wouldn't touch or enduring the flip side, "I'm done in; I'm about to jump off the roof," the Mike Show was a production which a certain kind of reader - a thinking man's action junkey - yearned to be part of.

It is left to us now to piece together that story and it's an obligation which his friends and admirers are undertaking with a thoughtfulness that would make him proud. Some of the insights on the net, particularly at Rigorous Intuition, http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 1&start=30 are as illuminating as Mike's detractors during his lifetime were maddening. (Beyond a few snarky headlines about the "conspiracy theorist's" suicide, the latter have been lying low this week, no doubt biding their time.) By pooling recollection, we may come to understand better how he could be such a hero to one group of people while at the same time appearing to another as a lunatic. This in turn may lead us to recognize how the whole concept of "hero" is a dangerous drug, not only for the "Leader" who becomes infused with his own importance and deaf to the insights of others but also for his followers, who sell their birthright of independence of thought.

In fact, no one was better acquainted with his "lunacy" than his inner circle. We got the hard-to-deal-with side of his personality in our face as long as he stayed close. I believe this is one reason he moved so often, living with no one person for much longer than a year, a trait he and I shared, by the way. His marriage, to a woman almost two decades younger, lasted eighteen months; his sojourn in my apartment, fourteen. My marriage lasted twelve years but shouldn't have.

He had long since outstayed his welcome in my one bedroom, but he was even more desperate to leave than I was to go about my business without worrying about his disapproval (as I would with anybody.) Not, I hasten to add, that we often argued. There were one or two blow-up fights but mostly, in spite of profound differences of taste - (he hated New York on principle; the machismo of the West, where he felt most at home, left me cold,) - we got along smoothly, frequently slipping into a George and Gracey domestic routine complete with New York accents. Mike was a razor-sharp impersonator and I wish someone had taped his Russian, French and German personas.

Re Mike's story, reading Wesley Miller's account of how Mike came by the gun with which he shot himself is one fascinating piece. Another is Charlton Wilson Cht Ccht's description on Mike's Facebook page of Lakota traditions of giving one's body "for the children" as Mike said in his suicide note to his friend and landlord, Jack. "[I]n Native ways, we don't have money or animals or whatever to give. we have our flesh and our blood." If Mike is going to be cremated as some recent reports said were his instructions, I don't get how the earth will benefit and will be watching for clarification. Anyway, Mother Earth receives our body no matter when we die; in the modern society in which Mike lived, however deploringly, hastening the process doesn't help anybody. But since he was not Lakota by birth or upbringing, though he revered Native American culture and became steeped in it once he moved out west, and since, as shown at Collapsenet.com, he'd been suicidal for years, a psychologist might opine that the Native American references were a cover for a longstanding suicidal drive.

Here's another piece of the Mike puzzle:

He was born DOA, "dead" on arrival. The doctor who delivered him told him when they met 25 years later, that the medical team had done everything possible to revive him but to no avail. Mike's mother had already had one stillbirth so a second was not much of a surprise.

As Mike was being carried to the morgue, he cried. The rest, as they say, is history...

"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby chump » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 pm

For years, I used to read Michael Ruppert's FTW website - everyday, and of course I read his long aniticipated "... Rubicon" - for which (at this moment) I remember Minetta's testimony to the 911 commision, the two Flight 1989s in Cleveland, gold theft, stock manipulation, and... The Delmart rabbit hole is what brought me to Jeff's forum nearly a decade ago.

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2 ... again.html

MCR may be right that "history has been written". Again, and yet again, again and again, and again the official story flies in the face of the facts. Like JFK and 9/11, the crime is committed for the world to observe. Our country has been at War forever!! Millions of have been horribly slaughtered, and many more are suffering because of US! We hardly know it, but the rest of the world knows, and we ought to pay attention, because no one felt sorry for the Germans in the forties?

The world knows. People know - but act like they are powerless- snapping out of the spell, but slipping into the shadows of the psychotic suits and ties. Perhaps, Ruppert's vision of the world was so dismal that, in the end, out of love, he no longer wished to impose it on everyone else. As for myself, I can get pretty focused when I delve in to research a conspiratorial topic. I suppose that I, too, could be lost down any ole rabbit hole. Fortunately (I guess), my family tugs me back before I venture too far .

I've been lucky to live and let live; stay away from the buttheads and put my mean streak to rest with few regrets. Years ago, I disrespected the citizens of Nazi germany as being complicit, cowardly and weak... But, now I am humbled. Now, I can relate. I'm a butthead if I don't relax baby...Get on board. Go with the flow... Enjoy the ride. Quit driving my car? Boycott insurance? Stimulate the economy? "Useless eaters" get what they get. We'd be cuttin' our throat to boycott the dollar.

There comes a point when a man confronts the monster he has imagined. The beast is in front of him - perhaps all around - powerful and intimidating - a huge freakin' hairy behemoth with horns and bad breath... The beast hasn't seen you yet - but then glares right into you with glowing red eyes - breathing fire with a brutish, fowl growl... "Say My Fucking name"...

Ruppert, the "honorable warrier", built his reputation around the subject of Collapse - and a noble call to reason against ruining our World. Wow! Heavy... I wouldn't presume to know what a man is thinking as he squeezes cold steel chattering between his teeth. Was it an imagined reality that brought him to this? Perhaps, he was nothing If he's wrong. Perhaps, he was tripping and sucking a tit. Perhaps it was selfless act - inspired by love - and his apocalyptic action will inspire the fuggin' World to foretell our fuggin' future for our fuggin' selves.

Sorry Mike

==========
http://www.globalresearch.ca/911-truth- ... hy/5378861
...Here is a eulogy from another friend of Michael Ruppert, Sander Hicks

“Mike Ruppert was a friend of mine.

“He was an American prophet, a social critic, and a 9/11 truther. He had his enemies and he had his demons. He confronted the enemies. Not sure he confronted the demons.

But we can’t judge that now.

“His death this past weekend is a huge loss for the people. When I say ‘the people’ I mean anyone who cares about a political system out of control, blind to its own corruption, deluded by its sugar-free media.

“Ruppert was a trained investigator who sought to expose the shadow elements of the US government involved in drug trafficking and fake terrorism. He had the financial perception to alert the American people to the imminent economic crash, two years before the meltdown of 2008. Mike Ruppert was one of the first to point out the gross anomalies and obtuse leaps of logic in the Bush/Cheney explanations for the 9/11 attacks. In an authoritative book, Ruppert even accused Vice President Dick Cheney as the chief executor of the 9/11 attacks.

“We met in 1999 in New York City. Ruppert came into my life like a sentinel from a different reality. I had just gone through a kind of gateway, and he was like Morpheus in the Matrix, welcoming me in. My red pill had been the disruptive re-print of a certain controversial biography of then Governor George W. Bush. As an immediate result, an entire class of underground whistle-blowers popped up to welcome me into their world. Welcome to Zion. You are in. They introduced me to sets of facts and data that were verboten in the blue pill media. Ruppert was at the center of that gang.

“He explained that he had been an LAPD cop and narcotics detective. His Mom had been a Defense Intelligence Agency heavyweight in Moscow, so the CIA recruited him while he was at LAPD. He declined the offer. Why? He saw shit. He began feeding the LA Times info on CIA heroin trafficking as far back as 1979. LA Times sat on the story.

“The drug war was phony. Which meant that both the local criminal justice system and the national intelligence/military apparatus had zero credibility. Wall Street, the White House, and everyone on down needed the drug war like a junkie wants heroin. The system was using. The system was an addict.

“’The entire economy, and the entire political system itself, is currently hooked and dependent upon drug money’ wrote Mike in 1999, on his main site, FromTheWilderness.com

“In the mid 90’s, when Ruppert’s friend Gary Webb broke a huge story in the San José Mercury News, it documented how the CIA and the Nicauraguan Contra network facilitated the crack cocaine epidemic in the 80’s. The CIA sent DCIA John Deutch to spin the story in a public auditorium. Ruppert confronted Deutch and named three specific operations that showed the US agencies were up to their elbows in black market cocaine and heroin. Deutch sputtered, told people to phone the LAPD, and was laughed out of the room. He was swiftly replaced at CIA.

“According to Ruppert, in October, 1999, investigators from the House Intelligence Committee came to Los Angeles, and made copies 6,000 pages of his records.

“That same year, Ruppert asked me for a $10,000 advance to do a book on the US and drugs. I didn’t have the money, and it’s just as well. Two years later 9/11 happened, and Ruppert had a lot more to say.

“It turns out the same parties who pulled off the cocaine sales funding the Contras were at it again. (Those parties being namely, the Bush Family, the GOP, the Democrats, the CIA and other shadowy quasi-government black factions too numerous to list here.)

“The book Ruppert eventually brought out in 2004, was “Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil” (New Society Publishers).

“A reviewer on Amazon called it ‘The single most important book written in the last fifty years…. The Patriot Act, Homeland Security and the lies about WMDs in Iraq have created a growing sense of unease in the collective unconscious. As a result, a growing number of intellectuals and every day citizens are beginning to see the Truth and more and more people are beginning to wake up every day. “Crossing the Rubicon” is at the forefront of this new awareness.’

“At the end of 2004, however, tragedy struck. Ruppert’s friend Gary Webb, who had followed in Ruppert’s footsteps by taking on CIA drug trafficking, was found dead of a gunshot wound to the head.

“Reading Ruppert’s heartfelt obituary for Webb today, I am struck:

“I would never have confronted John Deutch at Locke High had it not been for Gary Webb.

I myself might have committed suicide in 1996 – broke, divorced and having given up all hope of making people listen — had it not been for Gary Webb. For some years now it has been the farthest thing from my mind.

“Ten years later, suicide wasn’t far away any more. Ruppert’s struggles with depression, [plus a variety of psychiatric drugs, in-patient psychiatric hospitalizations and nicotine addictions over the years – Ed. Note] alcohol, and isolation became insurmountable. He moved to Colorado. He did one final radio show last Saturday and then that was it. We are all so fragile.

“Wherever men and women of honor gather together from now on, your name will be spoken with reverence, respect and gratitude. Ruppert wrote that for Webb ten years ago. The same goes for him.

“I prayed hard today to understand why this happened now. What does God want us to know about why this happened? What can we learn? How can this man’s death and life give our lives a brighter, sharper focus?”

“I look at Ruppert’s life, his hard struggle, his victories and his short-comings. I wish we were closer in his final couple of years. I loved him. I say the following with love. I say the following because I don’t want to know any more great truth-loving writers to die this way. If you have a drinking problem, hit a meeting. Reach out. It worked for me, to stop flailing about, running from city to country to city, always moving, thinking a big move is going to change things. Get centered. Pray and meditate. Be still.

“Something snapped in Ruppert sometime later in that decade, after the book. He moved to Venezuela, in rushed effort to seek political asylum from the Chavez government. Ruppert probably wasn’t anti-imperialist enough for their tastes, at least not in a leftist way. Oh, and the CIA/DIA family background probably didn’t help.

“I wept. I felt rage today. I was mad at you, Mike, going out this way. It was too similar to Gary Webb, to Jim Hatfield the Bush biographer. I don’t want this pattern. Tell me it’s not the fate for writers of deep truth, to die, alone, shooting their brains out, because they went deep and hard after the invisible forces, the slithering stag. The hunter became hunted by the dragon.

“No. Mike will be remembered for his discipline, his writing, his development of a critical paradigm. Our society is stronger for the deep analysis. In the same way that Ruppert investigated Gary Webb’s death, it’s up to us now to do the scientific and careful analysis of the crime scene. To pick up where he left off, and wake up to a new view of the matrix.”
chump

Postby elfismiles » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am

Abby Martin's Personal Tribute to Investigative Journalist Michael C. Ruppert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWXbKOAHANQ

Collapse of the Industrial Civilization | Interview with Michael Ruppert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPt3uuWf-Zc

Michael C. Ruppert's Last Radio Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClGE2pva_h4
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby NeonLX » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:53 am

Chump, that was an excellent post. Says me. It really struck down deep. Thanks.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:11 am

Don't knock Mike Ruppert.

He did some of the best investigative work on the 'net.

He waz a brave man, who will be missed.

xxx.
Hammer of Los

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:42 pm

My blog tribute to Michael C. Ruppert.
Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Man is Gone. The Message Remains.

It has been real hard for me to process the death of a man I only met once, yet whose life work had such a profound influence on my perception. Michael C. Ruppert died April 13, 2014. The news confirmed by those close to him is that he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two weeks later, that news is still very difficult to wrap my head and heart around.

I've written so many times on this blog about Ruppert, I've lost track. The post that I think sums up my perspective on him the best is Why I Like Mike. Beyond that, I want to say that for me, Mike was the red pill. I was already on my way to discovering the way the world really works, but after reading Crossing the Rubicon and watching The Truth and Lies of 9/11 and Denial Stops Here: From 9/11 to Peak Oil and Beyond, there was no going back. Not only did Mike do an unparalleled job of explaining why and how his compass was calibrated the way it was, he went out of his way to give credit where credit was due and cite his sources so that anyone who cared to know the truth could do their own research! Through him, I became aware of Peter Dale Scott, Dale Allen Pfeiffer, Daniel Hopsicker, Gary Webb, Alfred McCoy, Richard Heinberg, Matt Simmons, Guy McPherson and so many others. More than any other person, Mike set me on a path toward personal discovery, not just for knowledge of the truth, but for drawing a map of clarity to separate, in his words, "the ice cream from the bullshit."

In this time of grieving, I understand that the predominant focus among those following him is to focus on the man, to ask and wonder why he died the way he did. We come up with our own answers to help us cope. From my limited perspective, it seems to be one of those cruel ironies of existence that those who are the most dedicated toward shining a probing light on reality are often extremely plagued by their own darkness. When I watch Apocalypse, Man in retrospect there seems to be an extraordinary degree of emotional turmoil bubbling up in him. However, I only met the man once, I didn't know him. But he changed my life through the wisdom that he dispensed.

So rather than focus on the man, I want to focus on the message. That's how I personally choose to process this loss, to give meaning to existence. Michael C. Ruppert had a message that was ambitious to the point of being almost all-encompassing within the circle of life; extending into spheres political, economical, environmental and even spiritual. As I perceive that message, it boils down to two basic points:

1. Unless you change the way money works, you change nothing.

I've heard him say this phrase in one form or another for years, the first time I read it was 10 years ago in Crossing the Rubicon on page 593: "If you decide that you want to change things, I am telling you right now that you will change nothing until you change the way money works." I've read many others say the same, but it was through Mike that I gained a thorough understanding of what that means. It does not mean changing from capitalism to socialism, or vice versa. We're not talking about changing the way money is distributed as much as we are talking about changing money itself. What is money? Mike broke it down easy enough for a child to get.

A. Fiat currency - Someone at the Federal Reserve clicks a key on their computer and money is created.
B. Fractional reserve banking - Someone at a bank loans money into existence.
C. Compound interest - Banks + credit companies set interest rates of accrual. What many religions call usury.

Those three factors combine to form a system Mike called out by its real name: pyramid scheme! He also spelled out what money, under this current paradigm, actually represents: debt! That's why any movement to balance the budget under the current paradigm is an exercise in futility. You can wipe the slate clean with Universal Debt Forgiveness (a great start!) but if you don't change money itself so that it has intrinsic value, you'll be right back where you started in no time at all because money will still represent debt.

What intrinsic value should money represent? Mike made that extremely clear: energy! Money should represent both the human energy that we produce through our labor and the planet's energy that we utilize. He was a huge proponent of re-localization, that would mean local currencies reflecting the output of that particular region. Bottom line, the economy would be rooted in sustainability as opposed to growth. This ties into the other basic point of Mike's main message as I perceive it:

2. You cannot have infinite growth on a finite planet.

This point reflects the more comprehensive problem humanity faces. This problem, which Mike labeled the Infinite Growth Paradigm, encompasses the totality of civilization's current unsustainability. Since our monetary system is a pyramid scheme, it requires infinite growth. That means not only infinite growth of the consumer base, which has resulted in the unprecedented population explosion at 7 billion and growing, but to meet that demand, infinite growth of the physical resources that fuel this economic infrastructure. All within this little blue-green sphere that, prior to the last two centuries, never had more than one billion people residing within its confines.

The constraints of reality upon this living arrangement are too vast for any one person to quantify, but Michael Ruppert did more than most to map out the ramifications. That this living arrangement is unsustainable because our resource base for the fuels that grow our food and operate our transportation system (oil, coal, gas) is non-renewable is obvious. But for a scalable alternative in which our civilization runs on a resource base where our transportation system runs on renewable energy and our food supply is grown through organic permaculture, there are certain factors currently present that prevent us from achieving that. Factors that keep us out of balance. Balance is something Mike seemed to value to an immense degree. Here are a few unbalancing factors Mike pointed out over the years.

A. Energy Returned Over Energy Invested (EROEI) - Any "alternative" to our already out-of-alignment paradigm must pass this test: does the amount of money it takes to turn something into fuel exceed the amount you get in return? If the answer is no, as Mike exposed in regard to ethanol, "clean" coal and many other snake oil propositions, then it has no future in our society unless you change the way money works. If you do, Mike pointed out which alternatives had a chance; wind and solar. That's for transportation, for food supply Mike loved permaculture. But there is another unbalancing factor that might destroy this option...

B. Greenhouse Gasses - We're still burning one billion barrels of oil every 11 1/2 days, Mike frequently pointed out. That's just one source for the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide that human civilization has been polluting our atmosphere with since the start of the Industrial Revolution. Along with coal, we have been taking our environment into an extremity we may not survive. Mike alluded to this in Collapse but spelled it out very clearly in Apocalypse, Man: we are destroying our food supply and face a more immediate threat through radiation poisoning. What global warming doesn't kill, the collapse of civilization and 447 nuclear power plants will.

C. Population Overshoot - If we don't find a way to voluntarily reduce the population beyond our carrying capacity, then it will be done involuntarily. Mike pointed out a couple ways he foresaw it being done involuntarily: either through a fascist police state (once I heard Mike do a spot-on impersonation of Henry Kissinger saying 'The problem is not that there is too little oil. The problem is just that there are too many people.') or nature would do the job for us, as detailed above in section B.

Is it too late? Is it possible that we are too far out of balance, that we're collectively too blind to awaken our consciousness and stop the madness of Infinite Growth? Can we change the way money works so that our economy is truly sustainable and stripped of the motive for greed?

If we want to honor the memory of Michael C. Ruppert, we owe it to our Mother to make his vision our reality, or die trying. Why? Because we are the children. And it is time for us to grow up. You know, like the man said, "Evolve or perish. Grow up or die." The choice is yours.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby self&steam » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:45 am

If I had known this was the condolence book I would never have relieved myself on it.

What I found most interesting about my posts and the aftermath was that not a single forum member who was so effusive in their praise for what I wrote stepped up and called Citizen Dalek on rudeness. That surprised me, but then I went away and spent some time thinking about my history with the Internet, or as I like to think of it, 'The world's largest mirror held up to humanity to view its own reflection'.

Unlike the aspersions cast describing me as a 'shill,' I've been around since the BBS days in the late 80s and I have seen a lot of things, though never once participated on a browser/GUI forum until this thread. People were filled with a sense of wonder at the new media unfolding before them back then; I think people were nicer and more trusting and more open then. It's like they expected the best to happen, like one of those rare days in England when the the weather is perfect; strangers smile at each other, astonished once again at how wonderful the formerly familiar world can be. That's how the early days of the Internet was. We were such kids - we asked questions like what if we bought kodak.com, what would happen? It was that inncocent. Major corporations treated the Internet like it was a fad in those days, like some new form of CB radio. There will never be days like that again on the Internet.

It was a great time, but despite being in on the 'ground floor,' I never once contributed to a forum discussion, anywhere, until this thread on Ruppert. I am glad I did; I am glad I stepped through the looking glass and participated, even though reading back on my post I have the feeling I blew into the room like Deep Note in a Quaker Meeting.

I've been around this forum long enough to witness Hugh Manatee's final flameout, Fourth Base's meltdown after Boston, all sorts of things in the past few years, but what stands out to me most is this forum, like all forums, probably, has become ingrown with it's own hierarchies, bullies and people hoping to be the favoured child they never were with their own parents.

Since the golly-gee-whiz days 25+ years ago, hundreds of millions more people are jabbering online and in the way of the extraordinary delusions and madness of crowds endemic to large groups I feel no place for me on Rigorous Intuition, after all. The style of this observation doesn't make me all that different than Ruppert, I suppose. Maybe that's why I chose this thread as my maiden voyage - perhaps I feel some resonance to his despair. Still, though, I like living, I just plan to live a little less online from now on. I have Rigorous Intuition to thank for making this so clear.

Before I go, I want to say something regarding Ruppert and this thread after I left: it's been fascinating to watch how a group can take a former human and cobble together a legend, much in the same way of Che Guevara, Bill Hicks, Ghandi, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Brian of Nazareth, et al. Another day, another silk-screened t-shirt, I suppose. As for me, I will be leaving now.

It's like something Alan Watts said, "When you get the message, hang up the phone."
self&steam

Postby Laodicean » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNqFyvisCo

Published on Apr 28, 2014
Jack Martin gives a one-take walk-through of Michael C. Ruppert's suicide and last day. This film was taken by Wesley T. Miller, Mike's co-founder in CollapseNet.com.

Jack tells the story and gives a heart-felt tribute to Mike that written words just cannot capture. This is the official story of Mike's last day on Earth. CollapseNet.com has published the notes to which Jack refers in a companion article to this video.

Please distribute this video far and wide.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion