Rock musician's encounter with entities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rock musician's encounter with entities

Postby semper occultus » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:58 pm

...yes, that was indeed my intention... :cthulhu:

....I left the medical details in for additional context although it could be the catholicism coming out in this case ..!

...the other quotes did seem worthy of record.....
semper occultus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slimmouse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:03 pm

SLAD posted a stunning Katy Perry video earlier

Every time I listen to one of her latest songs, I get caught up in the uniqueness of a particular given aspect- be that a harmony, or a break, or just something.

And then comes 'Roar ''

And then theres the pulp fiction thread picture posted by IAWIA.

But of course you have to have been there.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby brekin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:07 pm

From Mike Oldfield, someone I feel who has not just encountered entities but has tea with them on a regular basis.

Changeling: The Autobiography of Mike Oldfield
By Mike Oldfield

Page 11
Sometimes I would pick up closer feelings: they were more like presences around me, not on our physical plane but on a spiritual plane. It felt almost as though if I could only lift this invisible veil I would actually be able to see them. Sometimes the presences would feel good, sometimes not so good. Even now I often feel there is some entity, call it my muse, my inspiration or my guardian, somewhere around me, protecting and helping me. I also think there are a few of the opposite around, being extremely unhelpful. I don't know what to call them, my little demons, perhaps or gremlins: they are always trying to make things go wrong.

I didn't know if it was just me that had these feelings, or whether everyone felt like that. I did know I wanted to find out what they were. I always wanted to try to get closer to that place, to lean out towards wherever it was. With my 'antennae' I could sense so much that was unknown, if only I could find the door I felt I might be able to reach it. It's very hard to explain, but I think all these feelings inspired me, much later. I wanted to use music to explain how I felt, but also to reach out, to get closer to the unknown. If I were a talented poet I would probably try to write a poem about it.

page 160
When it all became too much, I could retreat into my musical world. It was like a cocoon around me, everything inside was just beautiful and safe. I could imagine every single instrument saying something- the bass wouldn't just be a bass guitar, it would be a big, deep personality. Music was as familiar to me as the human voice and human language, with proper words and sentences. It all made sense, in its own musical way.

It was as if I was an alien, remembering what it was like being on my home planet, where people didn't talk, where they sang and emitted musical sounds as a way of communication. It I turned off my 'language translator device', all I could hear was fuzz and gobbledegook. An actual human voice taking is not a nice sound at all, most of the time. Different languages have some horrible sounds in them- the strange, guttural sounds of various European languages, for instance- it is not a very elegant way of communicating at all. Whereas the wonderful, musical world was much more graceful, a kind of nirvana in music, a place of safety that I lived in and that stopped the panic attacks from coming.

If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Searcher08 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am wrote:I often wondered if somehow the events of John Bonham's death and the death of Robert Plant's son were connected in some way to these forces.

I have it on the strangest of sources, a photographer I once knew who knew Zep since the rainbow grill days and who became a personal friend of Plant's. Candid snaps of a 70's Plant pumping his own gas in Wales- funny and priceless.

She hinted that Plant thought that what Jimmy was into had something to do with his son's death, Bonham's death and the terrible car crash that nearly took his own life. That's why he called it quits after Bonham's death.

/Led Zep:

I no longer have the book this was written in and it was 25 years ago that I read about it, but one of the english female punk singers whose name is no longer leaping to my mind but IIRC sang 'Oh bondage, Up Yours' with the X-ray specs, is on record as having an experience very similar to PKD's, indescribable pink light and all. At the time of the interview she was out of music and into some crazy christian/UFO spirituality.
Last edited by Twyla LaSarc on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby justdrew » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Twyla LaSarc » 18 Nov 2014 17:13 wrote:
Searcher08 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 am wrote:I often wondered if somehow the events of John Bonham's death and the death of Robert Plant's son were connected in some way to these forces.

I have it on the strangest of sources, a photographer I once knew who knew Zep since the rainbow grill days and who became a personal friend of Plant's. Candid snaps of a 70's Plant pumping his own gas in Wales- funny and priceless.

She hinted that Plant thought that what Jimmy was into had something to do with his son's death, Bonham's death and the terrible car crash that nearly took his own life. That's why he called it quits after Bonham's death.

Off of Led Zep:

I no longer have the book this was written in and it was 25 years ago that I read about it, but one of the english female punk singers whose name is no longer leaping to my mind but IIRC sang 'Oh bondage, Up Yours' with the X-ray specs, is on record as having an experience very similar to PKD's, indescribable pink light and all. At the time of the interview she was out of music and into some crazy christian/UFO spirituality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poly_Styrene
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Thank you. The pink light thing stuck... because.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Jerky » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Aw, maaan. I had no idea Poly Styrene had passed on.

"III-Den-Titty!!!"

One song for the ages, at least. That's all anybody can hope to leave behind, I think.

Jerky
Jerky

Postby 82_28 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 am

Twyla LaSarc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:

/Led Zep:

Funny. I guess. Jimmy Page is now making the rounds for his new book. Just saw him on CBS this morning in fact with a prolonged interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/led-zeppeli ... nion-tour/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Grant Cameron posted on fb:

Musician Tom Waits.

"My dad was a radio expert in the army, and in addition to bicycle repair, he had me building my own radios and sending away for kits and creating my own little shortwave radios. And I picked up things when I was a child that I swore were extra-terrestrial, and maintain to this day that I made contact, or at least I was on the receiving end of a relationship with an extra-terrestrial but was unable to communicate with him because my radio couldn’t transmit... It was a language that did not exist. It was not Russian, I was picking up Russia and Poland and Hungary and China— It was a language, but it was not from around here. And here I was unable to transmit. On earth, we never acknowledge that they exist because it doesn’t fit into our beliefs about the creation of the universe. God made the earth in seven days, then he rested. The idea that there would be creatures out there. The government is apparently keeping creatures they found, and in top secret bunkers in New Mexico, never to be viewed by the public. I believe that."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 001&type=1
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:15 pm

:trippin:

He's found the saucer news

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:04 pm

I find that absolutely credible, Twyla.

Page was instrumental in getting Crowley's "Equinox" published and I believe had a Magick shop in Chelsea at one time in the 70s. He was certainly involved in some very dark stuff up until the late 90s at least. I had an acquaintance who was in his studio doing some recording with a group of musicians - and this absolutely dreadful atmosphere came over the studio. He said it felt really evil and other people were freaking out. There then followed a ghastly shrieking / screaming through the monitoring speakers - at which point one of the guys demanded to know how Page made the sound as the gear was all switched off. Page made a comment along the lines of "Oh that is my little friend come to visit" and apparently the same person took apart the speakers, found nothing.. much to Pages ongoing amusement.
Yech.

Poly Styrene saw her pink light in the sky after a gig in Doncaster, Yorkshire. I was surprised that she had lives as a Hare Krishna devotee at their main minor in England. This was her last record. I think she would have loved RI - lovely soul...

Interview excerpt

82_28 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:07 am wrote:
Twyla LaSarc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:

/Led Zep:

Funny. I guess. Jimmy Page is now making the rounds for his new book. Just saw him on CBS this morning in fact with a prolonged interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/led-zeppeli ... nion-tour/
Searcher08

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:56 pm

Cosby Sweater - Cosmic Ascension :partydance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vBwsZg8aQ
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am

Parliament-Funkadelic - Full Concert - 11/06/78 - Capitol Theatre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOvM9LWRmOA
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby semper occultus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:03 pm

...some interesting stuff on Page lately...including his mansion-rage dispute with Robbie Williams and this....

Rock 'n' roll cradle snatcher: In his Led Zeppelin heyday, he had a girlfriend of 14 and limos of young groupies. So why has a very middle-class girl of 25 fallen for 71-year-old Jimmy Page?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -Page.html

Janine Safer, the former Led Zeppelin publicist described Page as ‘not a very nice person’. She went on: ‘He was a looming presence in my life for years, and my theory is that he was a horrible four-year-old, a horrible eight-year-old, a horrible 16-year-old and so on.
‘If a child is born a bad seed, I don’t think you can love him out of it. I think he’s a lonely man. He has no friends, and the minute anybody tries to approach him in friendship, he spits on them.’

Groupie: Jimmy Page and Lori Mattix are pictured on the night they met, in June 1973, when he was in his late 20s and she was just 14 years old

Age difference: Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page, 71, holds hands with his girlfriend, Scarlett Sabet, 25

.....her name is somewhat interesting to one of Page's leanings one would have thought.....

Scarlett :

Babalon—also known as The Scarlet Woman, The Great Mother, or the Mother of Abominations — is a goddess found in the mystical system of Thelema, which was established in 1904 by Crowley's writing of The Book of the Law.

Sabet

Sabbat
[sab-uh t]

noun, ( sometimes lowercase) Demonology.
(in the 14th–16th centuries) a secret rendezvous of witches and sorcerers for worshiping the Devil, characterized by orgiastic rites, dances, feasting, etc.
semper occultus

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion