Is Stephen Colbert a victim of a conspiracy?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Is Stephen Colbert a victim of a conspiracy?

Postby BOOGIE66 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:40 am

82_28 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 am wrote:
Parting words tonight from the late Walter Cronkite. On February 27th, 1968 during a CBS News Special Report, Cronkite did something that changed America's perception of the Vietnam War.

Mr. WALTER CRONKITE (Anchorman): I wrote a three-minute closing for the program, which seemingly, without reluctance, our stern and uncompromisingly fair news president Dick Salant approved.

(Soundbite of TV program, "CBS Evening News")

Mr. CRONKITE: (Reading) Tonight, back in more familiar surroundings in New York, we'd like to sum up our findings in Vietnam, an analysis that must be speculative, personal, subjective. Who won and who lost in the great Tet Offensive against the cities? I'm not sure. The Vietcong did not win by a knockout but neither did we.

Then, with as much restraint as I could, I turned to our own leaders whose idea of negotiation seemed frozen in memories of General McArthur's encounter with the Japanese aboard the Battleship Missouri.

We've been too often disappointed by the optimism of the American leaders...

(Soundbite of TV program, "CBS Evening News")

(Reading) Both in Vietnam and Washington to have faith any longer in the silver linings they find in the darkest clouds. For it seems now more certain than ever, that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate. To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past.

To say that we are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, if unsatisfactory conclusion. On the off chance that military and political analysts are right, in the next few months we must test the enemy's intentions, in case this is indeed his last big gasp before negotiations.

But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.

This is Walter Cronkite. Good night.

John Merriman was also, as noted above killed in this crash.

Here' this I found from October of 1973:

He would die along with the Colberts the following September 11th. . .

The following when??!!?? wow wtf
BOOGIE66

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 am

Yeah. Just thinking about it again. All I can say is "'tis wild ain't it?" All this just fell in my lap by watching the Oprah interview and decided to drill down a bit on the names of those killed in this strange 9/11 crash.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby jlaw172364 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:24 pm

I remember thinking the exact same thing; it could be that the other guys were the actual targets, and Colbert's dad was collateral damage, or bonus points if he was a friend of JFK. During what appears to be peacetime to civilians, there is always a War of Assassins raging.
jlaw172364

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:53 pm

I still am willing to have the date of "9/11" be happenstance for all of the bush deeds. However it is certainly getting to be pretty obvious when you draw the little lines as to the purpose or reason for what is still widely believed to have come from the hand of that family. Since I am always "in tune" with perceiving these "double binds" I go on and on about (I have other tunes), I have a non-working theory the bush people are actually a generation(s) of fall guys. Sure, I believe they are intrinsically evil fucks. But this isn't politcal. It's psychological. All those motherfucking bushes are too stupid to come up with anything remotely astute when it comes to the evils they are ascribed to, yet still untouchable in the sense that they are wholly unnervingly fawned upon by the MSM to this day.

This charade has gone on too long and I have high hopes that Colbert is doing something that these motherfuckers cannot touch. We shall see.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby justdrew » Sat May 17, 2014 4:39 pm

82_28 » 17 May 2014 11:53 wrote:I still am willing to have the date of "9/11" be happenstance for all of the bush deeds. However it is certainly getting to be pretty obvious when you draw the little lines as to the purpose or reason for what is still widely believed to have come from the hand of that family. Since I am always "in tune" with perceiving these "double binds" I go on and on about (I have other tunes), I have a non-working theory the bush people are actually a generation(s) of fall guys. Sure, I believe they are intrinsically evil fucks. But this isn't politcal. It's psychological. All those motherfucking bushes are too stupid to come up with anything remotely astute when it comes to the evils they are ascribed to, yet still untouchable in the sense that they are wholly unnervingly fawned upon by the MSM to this day.

This charade has gone on too long and I have high hopes that Colbert is doing something that these motherfuckers cannot touch. We shall see.

well, he seems to have indicated that he'll be dropping his "character" schtick for the Tonight Show (or whatever it's called).

I won't be surprised if they fire him less than a year in and just buy out his contract, though for some reason he'll have to abide by some non-compete clause and be prevented from going on tv anywhere. We'll see. maybe they'll have some for-cause small print open to wide interpretation that amounts to them being able to haul him off the air anytime they want, it seems likely doesn't it?

tv is dead to me anyway. but it's surely the end of an era.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Then you got the ousting of Dan Rather as well. Something I have never bought. Rather was an "understudy" of Cronkite, right?
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:51 am

For the fuck of it, I decided to re-watch the famous speech at the correspondent's dinner from 2006. Since I've loaded my brain with believing he believes that his family was murdered by something associated with the bush crime family, I guess I read (as in "reed") into it a little bit more. But it is worth watching again:

Colbert is an amazing specimen. Him coming out of character next year will be amazing and probably a reason for all you anti-TV people to turn them on again.

If you take it at face value, the wingers and handlers didn't see what was coming.
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:06 am

speaking of JFK....this interview was pretty good yesterday

Thom Hartmann talks with Lamar Waldron, JFK Historian, Author - The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby NeonLX » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:58 am

^^^^^Hahahaha! I can't believe I've never seen that clip of Stephen Colbert at the correspondents dinner. That's some great stuff. I especially enjoyed the occasional shot of the Bush boy smirking, as if he was "getting it".

The uncomfortable glances of audience members were fun to watch as well.

I don't know what to think. But that's nothing new for me.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Stephen Colbert leaves the pundit behind to play himself (Video)
December 18, 2014 at 6:15 PM EST

Stephen Colbert is signing off from “The Colbert Report,” his satirical news pundit show and his brash conservative persona, to switch over to CBS, replacing David Letterman for his new take on late night TV. Jeffrey Brown takes a look at Colbert’s greatest hits from the last nine years.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/stephen- ... hind-play/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

all sing to say my dream has come

Postby IanEye » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 pm

IanEye » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm wrote:
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945

The only girl I've ever loved
Was born with roses in her eyes
But then they buried her alive
One evening 1945
With just her sister at her side
And only weeks before the guns
All came and rained on everyone
Now she's a little boy in Spain
Playing pianos filled with flames
On empty rings around the sun
All sing to say my dream has come

But now we must pick up every piece
Of the life we used to love
Just to keep ourselves
At least enough to carry on

And now we ride the circus wheel
With your dark brother wrapped in white
Says it was good to be alive
But now he rides a comet's flame
And won't be coming back again
The Earth looks better from a star
That's right above from where you are
He didn't mean to make you cry
With sparks that ring and bullets fly
On empty rings around your heart
The world just screams and falls apart

But now we must pick up every piece
Of the life we used to love
Just to keep ourselves
At least enough to carry on

And here's where your mother sleeps
And here is the room where your brothers were born
Indentions in the sheets
Where their bodies once moved but don't move anymore
And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 pm

The Sad Meaning Behind Stephen Colbert Ending ‘The Colbert Report’ With Neutral Milk Hotel
By Josh Kurp • 12.19.14
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/12/colbert-re ... l-closing/

Why Stephen Colbert Closed His Final Show With "Holland, 1945"
Jay Hathaway / Today 1:05pm
http://gawker.com/why-stephen-colbert-c ... 1673218182
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby RocketMan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm... disheartened.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/every ... ert-report

Earlier in the day, Samantha Power caught my eye, shimmying there next to Michael Stipe... (and I'm still trying to like R.E.M.).... But.... Henry fucking Kissinger??? Sweet Jesus!

It's enough to drive a man to drink... But wait, there's Thomas Friedman!! Matt Taibbi?? In the same fucking laugh-in??? What?? Thank G-d for RI... 'Cause without it I'd have no way to collate this data.

Even then, this is disheartening. Someone dig that bit where Colbert went to Iraq to have his hair shorn... Some motherfucker here found it in his/her heart to defend him also then, didn't they? I'm not angry, I'm just very angry.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby norton ash » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:48 am

Sermon on the Mount. Master deception. Comedian. Weighed and found wanting. I fucking quit. I love Colbert.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:19 am

I think he's saying that he will be doing what he wants to do. He gave a mention of Cronkite last night as well.
"Folks, let's not pussyfoot around here - I had a huge impact," Colbert said. "Need more evidence? Maybe you should ask the Saginaw Spirit's mini mascot, Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle, okay? That happened.

"I don't remember Cronkite ever having a mascot."

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/sagi ... clude.html

That jumped out at me because I have adopted for myself this idea that I really actually think that what the OP states is the case. He's too smart to have not noticed this throughout his life.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion