Segregation: A Modest Proposal

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Segregation: A good idea making a comeback

Postby American Dream » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:26 pm

tapitsbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:17 pm wrote:
Are Syrians "racist" for opposing the international coalition of mercenaries that make up ISIS?

A much less extreme example: does the large demographic of mixed race people Nordic mentioned in LA make up the equivalent of an ethnic group with its own interests?

What are these other than thoroughly dumb ideas?

Is there any real basis whatsoever for these sort of thoughtless contentions?
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't believe in either idea. These are rhetorical questions as I'm sure you are aware.

Extensions of certain logics of "anti-racism" to their obvious conclusions.
tapitsbo

Postby backtoiam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:16 pm

nordic wrote:

One of the coolest things I've done in a while is the National Geographic DNA testing. My sister did it first, and paid for me to do mine (I never would have done it otherwise). They send you a kit, you scrape off some cheek cells, and send it in for testing. Weeks later you get a report that lets you trace the geography of your DNA over the last few thousand years.

It's so enlightening because it shows we are all completely in flux, frozen in a moment in time right now, where all these different "races" are nothing more than currents and eddys in a river of human population movement. Deciding what "race" we are is completely meaningless, because at different moments in time in the past, we were ALL different "races". My lineage was traced back (as they all are) ultimately to Africa, then it moved north, and east, and for a time my ancestors were mostly in the Middle East, then in Turkey (especially on my Dad's side), then after a LONG time moved up into europe. Although I appear very "nordic" (hence my moniker here, people always think I'm from Norway or Sweden (sorry, it's not because i consider myself a Hitlerian Ubermensch)) I have just as much DNA which hails from Turkey and present-day Iraq and that entire area than I do of Norway and Germania. While there seemed to be a strange pocket of northern Norway DNA on my mother's side (and she was largely Swiss German and Irish), even that is just one of a near-infinite numbers of places my DNA has visited over the millenia.

Sir, I could flip some information into this thread that would go a LONG way in explaining MUCH of this for you. It would also contain information that would drive the "colorists" out of their mind and I am betting it might start a shit storm in this thread. The information describes in plain simple language how this came about, what some symbols of the past actually mean, that were used by people of different colors who all shared the same spiritual practices. This information was killed off on purpose. For serious thinkers it reveals much about all this race business and will show you what your spiritual ancestors were truly thinking.

EDIT:

PM me if you want it. And those of you interested. You are free to do what you want with it, obviously it is not proprietary information, just information desperately oppressed. The whole rest of the world, mostly, knows it.

although if everybody in the world understood this very basic truth the color war game would be over in an instant. it pierces the liminal skin of the onion in an instant and lays bare the emperor with no clothes.
Last edited by backtoiam on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby elfismiles » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:48 pm

"78704 - Gentrified, Straight Outta My White Privilege"

:wink
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby American Dream » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:27 pm

For all those interested in anti-Fascism, the following resources may prove useful:

https://postthirdpositionfascism.wordpr ... /articles/
American Dream

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I think we've seen these articles before, you've posted them again and again and again. Other posters have even done the background research to show the affiliations of the authors of some of them with NATO think tanks and the like.

It seems we've been discussing how a point has been reached where the hypocritical ideas in these articles need reconsideration and re-evaluation.

The content isn't unrelated to the discussion in this thread, and vice-versa.

Whether the Obama administration, the EU, Putin's government, or some small bands of weird activists are "fascists" is much less interesting than larger conversations going on across the West about hegemonic ideas about race, ethnicity, nationality, etc. as they play out in government and other academic institutions (the State you seem to disavow)

The idea that divide and conquer strategies are used to destroy solidarity within and between different groups is something that needs more attention. These articles are, in my opinion, part of a divide and conquer strategy that effectively seeks segregation of "whites" from other groups (as per the "poc only" spaces and other manifestations)
tapitsbo

Postby Nordic » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Sir, I could flip some information into this thread that would go a LONG way in explaining MUCH of this for you. It would also contain information that would drive the "colorists" out of their mind and I am betting it might start a shit storm in this thread. The information describes in plain simple language how this came about, what some symbols of the past actually mean, that were used by people of different colors who all shared the same spiritual practices. This information was killed off on purpose. For serious thinkers it reveals much about all this race business and will show you what your spiritual ancestors were truly thinking.

PM me if you want it.

Why not share it here?

:shrug:
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby backtoiam » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Nordic » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:31 pm wrote:

PM me if you want it.

Why not share it here?

:shrug:

This has been a very productive thread. I'm new here and don't want to be responsible for destroying it.

"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby tapitsbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:45 pm

tapitsbo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm wrote:I think we've seen these articles before, you've posted them again and again and again. Other posters have even done the background research to show the affiliations of the authors of some of them with NATO think tanks and the like.

It seems we've been discussing how a point has been reached where the hypocritical ideas in these articles need reconsideration and re-evaluation.

The content isn't unrelated to the discussion in this thread, and vice-versa.

Whether the Obama administration, the EU, Putin's government, or some small bands of weird activists are "fascists" is much less interesting than larger conversations going on across the West about hegemonic ideas about race, ethnicity, nationality, etc. as they play out in government and other academic institutions (the State you seem to disavow)

The idea that divide and conquer strategies are used to destroy solidarity within and between different groups is something that needs more attention. These articles are, in my opinion, part of a divide and conquer strategy that effectively seeks segregation of "whites" from other groups (as per the "poc only" spaces and other manifestations including Matthew Heimbach)
tapitsbo

Postby General Patton » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 pm

FourthBase » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 am wrote: Your actual thrust was that resegregation is horrific?

Not so much horrific as hilarious - that anti-racists would cheerlead segregation and purposefully exclude themselves into white/non-white categories like the KKK of old. It's a clownworld sort of irony that is stranger than fiction.

But so then what is with all your revolutionary race war cheerleading? Also sarcastic? Be plain: Are you in favor of segregation or not, and are you looking forward to a race war or not?

Why you gotta ruin a good thing? :tongout

No I'm not advocating for a racewar and no racewar is actually going to happen. As I said elsewhere, the US isn't actually as racist as other parts of the world, like Asia for instance. My own racewar cheerleading is tongue in cheek to draw corollary between the far left's racial cheerleading and the far right figures that they hate so very much. It provokes people and requires a bit of reading between the lines.

No I'm not for segregation - though it's funny to watch people drawing lines to figure out how to do so. With that being said, if one race is going to have advocates, other races will follow. Identity politics begets identity politics.

I endorse a view of metaphysics that judges people based off of their "level" of consciousness - the interconnections of their astral/ect components and the metaphysical material of those components. Very few humans pass muster.

Non-white-only spaces are absolutely no better than white-only spaces. The entire idea of not-being-a-racist is supposed to be that race is and always ought to be a fundamentally illusory and inconsequential thing. Forcing people to perpetuate the "reality" of race as a pervasive, inescapable social construct is no less fundamentally racist for being misnamed "justice" or "identity".

Progressives have regressed so far up their own ideological asses that they've rapidly become the West's premier racists, and the worst part is that they are the ones most epistemically closed to the idea that they've become their own worst enemy, blindly anointing themselves as the least blinded in a world they righteously pronounce hopelessly blinded. Ironies upon ironies upon ironies.

Every progressive/liberal NGO I've seen up close is a feudal hell ran by despotic tyrants. Academia is a stronghold of "progressives" and they love using grad students like slaves. They've become what they hate.

They're also not very effective at confronting predators that have snuck into their midst to monetize their ideology. Telling people what they want to hear is very profitable.

Edited to add: The country is fracturing along class, racial and religious lines and the center isn't holding very well. The country is extremely polarized. Race may be a factor in a hypothetical civil war but not the primary factor in it.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby General Patton » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:33 pm

elfismiles » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:48 pm wrote:"78704 - Gentrified, Straight Outta My White Privilege"

:wink

I love the People's Republic of Austin simply because there are so many spiritual people here with so much baggage that they are prime troll bait. I'm going to start putting my hours into Austin public service here in a few months.

штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Re: Segregation: A good idea making a comeback How is that o

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:46 pm

seemslikeadream and Twyla LaSarc, many progressives at least around where I live would call you both "racist" for calling for inclusion for all and saying any group can be racist. I don't agree with this, but surely you're aware of it? Ignoring it won't make it go away.

I am quite comfortable with it,if that's what they want to call me. It is a proven fact that while the US has it's own racism, there are cultures much older than ours that have held theirs as well. To indemnify all whites is is bigotry even if 'racism' itself can't be used as a term. I can't escape my english/scotch/anglo maternal side but my father's side is kinda Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn: border scotch, black irish, indians and gypsies, perhaps the odd idealist who was fleeing the system all the way down... and grandma got her nappy hair from somewhere in the old world or the new... They all endeavored over generations to pass and I understand and yet hate it because of the loss of those cultures to me and our descendants.

When confronted with the question, I cannot in good conscience claim to be any of the lines I am descended from except white. I was raised in that culture, I am not going to pretend I wasn't. However, I don't think my white prescence should trigger a yoga class of mixed race lesbians into crisis any more than any of their darker bodies are going to personify the black crackhead who beat me up at a berkeley bus stop because I stopped him from abusing someone's dog that had been tied up outside a nearby shop. I've lived all over and listened to people talk, I honestly don't know where to start with weird and absolutely illogical prejudices I have heard coming from people... like those whose families are from the Caribbean have about people from other islands for example... or like UW has to closely police polynesian culture day because none of the islands get along...

The older I get, the more I think race and religion are a huge diversion from the crux of things which probably have more to do in the end with sex and it's offspring, class. As for ignoring this,I think identity politics have gone way past anything I could do about them even if I wasn't ignoring it. It will have its own day in the sun and what can I do besides point out the hypocrisy and continue to be the anarchist pagan underachiever I always set out to be. :eeyaa
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Perelandra » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:15 am

Gently said. :thumbsup
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby Harvey » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:37 am

Culture is in the habit of concealing it's own knowledge of itself, as is consciousness and conscience while revealing and revelling in this same elision as if to say "somebody, please stop me". Transgression is itself the ideological core, the heart of enjoyment of the insider. And if we're honest, we're all insiders to something.

The ruling effete resort to comparison with the worst in order to elevate their actions. But the rest of us aid them by seeing with their eyes, seeing in each other the exploitable resource. Our desires are enough to prevent us from dealing with it. A limited in group/out group mentality may be hard-wired into the limitations of our consciousness, but like 'them' we know that we know about it, unlike 'them' we can fight it. 'They' are us. If you want to find them, look inside. The germ of every 'them' is right there. Resist enlistment in the armies of division. Solidarity with the 'suffering other' begins by destroying the image of the suffering other. Do me a favour and paste your face over that of a starving Ethiopian. See if it doesn't enrage you to figure out what happened to you, rather than what happened to 'them'.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Luther Blissett » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:17 am

Almost everything on this thread is so foreign to my experiences in activism, my day-to-day life in the city, growing up, and conversations with non-whites about race that I don't know what to say. Aside from the fact that I don't know what is subtle satire and what is not, because what the subtle satire seems to be saying is the opposite of the direction in which society seems to be heading.

And I'm not one to say we should rest on the laurels of how far we've come, and as a matter of fact think that everyone should keep fighting for justice and peace until we find our equality.

My collaborative is small and majority non-white, and they are the ones with whom I do the most intense and personal activist work. I can't imagine them doing anything other than giving this thread confused smiles. There is no resegregation trend.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion