Orlando / Pulse Mass Shooting Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Orlando / Pulse Mass Shooting Thread

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:02 am

Check your local listings.

They've been running with 20-25 injured and now are saying "mass casualties". They say the shooter is dead but there is a possible accomplice.

Anyway. Here's the thread for this. Ho Hum.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hey! How about Orlando Now? (shootings)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:21 am

Of course it comes the day after this killing of Christina Grimmie there in the fancy city of Orlando.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertain ... mmie-shot/
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:49 am

another morning another mass shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz2PAHIkL8E
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 am

And on the day after I finally caved into the pressure to join the NRA. What gives? :eeyaa
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:07 am

the real question is has The Donald tweeted about it yet?

we are all mass casulties

guns and liquor what could go wrong
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:39 am

As an ex-bartender and sometimes bouncer, how the fuck did this guy even get into the club? They say the cops were working the door. How would an assault rifle and an additional handgun get snuck through?
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:42 am

Also it is 20+ dead now. Good god.
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 am

Probably stashed during off hours.
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 am

there ya go.....The Donald tweets ...Real bad shooting

20 dead 43 wounded
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:02 am

fucking ABC

"worst terrorist attack since 9/11"

one of the largest LGBT nightclubs in Orlando
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 am

CNN is floating the "question" of it being Islamic terrorism now.
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 am

yea so is ABC

ISIS leanings...somewhat...Peter King
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby divideandconquer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:51 am

Pulse Orlando and/or @pulseorlando will now dominate Twittersphere, Facebook, Google, etc. Orlando means "famous throughout the land" or "famous land". It can also mean "she knows"

Per usual, lone wolf wraps it up nice and neat. The narrative is in place hours after the incident:

Lone gunman, already identified (more than likely a Muslim or Christian hater) and killed, shot and killed 20 people, injuring 42 others. How does a lone gunman take control of such a large, and mostly dark establishment loaded with nooks and crannies (according to the media) for three hours? "..three different areas to mix it up, including an outdoor patio."

Waited three hours and 20 dead, 42 injured, possibly dying, to send in SWAT team. Three hours while they listen to continuous gunfire, an active shooter, when it would be so simple to sneak in/take control? For instance, technology that allows law enforcement to see through walls.

Although domestic terrorism is still on the table, it's an isolated incident, and strongly suggested that it's a hate crime (gay nightclub). Divide and conquer at its best...can't have gay pride without homophobia raining down its ugly

Already suggesting there will be [b]psychological leakage, [/b]lone gunman pouring out his hate on social media.

Lone gunman was connected to radical influences.

Gathered all survivors at 5:15 and shipped them off to be questioned...probably confiscated phones as well.

Made announcement for anyone who witnessed anything to report to official building.

Manager and entertainment escaped.

Kenya Michaels, a drag queen from Puerto Rico, was scheduled to appear at Pulse on Saturday evening along with another entertainer called Jasmine International, according to Michaels' Facebook page, which displayed a flyer for the show. Yara Sofia, another Puerto Rican drag queen and reality television personality, said Michaels was safe.

"She got out with manager Neema," Sofia said on Facebook.

Angelica Jones of Orlando, Pulse's resident entertainer, also posted a message on Facebook early Sunday: "God's good. I made it out safe. Thank you for your prayers."

As the shooter opened fire someone took a moment to update their FB page telling everyone to “run and keep running”…because it makes perfect sense that that's the first thing you do: warn people on FB

Pulse more than 'just another gay club'

Orlando recently wrapped up its annual weeklong Gay Days festival on June 6 in which up to 150,000 in the LGBT community attend area theme parks, gay nightclubs and special events. It was the 25th anniversary of Gay Days. It is one of the largest gay pride events in the world.

Also, explosions were heard but the public was told these were planned detonations by the police. Drill, anyone? Not enough ambulances. After three hours to prepare? "One person was carried out of the bar and placed on the back of a pickup truck to be taken to the hospital."

and, of course...

ISIS Cheers Orlando #Pulse Nightclub Massacre – Warns of More Attacks on Disbelievers
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby SonicG » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:13 am

Here's an early overview:
What we know so far

A shooting at a LGBT nightclub in Orlando has killed about 20 people and sent 42 to the hospital, after Florida police and Swat teams ended a hostage situation with a gunman, killing him, in the early hours of of Sunday morning.

At a morning press conference the FBI described the shooting as an act of terrorism, saying: “Whether that’s a domestic terrorist activity or international, it’s terrorism.”

The press conference also gave details how the shooting began, the raid, and what few details police know so far about the gunman.

At approximately 2am on Sunday, an officer working at Pulse Club responded to shots fires and engaged in a gun battle with the suspect. The suspect at some point entered the night club and a hostage situation began.
Dozens of officers and federal agents responded to the shooting from around the area, and police began receiving phone calls from inside the club: calls from bathrooms and at least 15 people “in the area”, police chief John Mina said.
At approximately 5am police decided to rescue the hostages, setting off two “distractionary devices” and blowing apart a wall so a Swat team could storm the club. The suspect was killed in the ensuing gunfight. There were “at least 30 people that were saved during that rescue”, Mina said.
Police found an “assault-type rifle”, a handgun and “some kind of device” on the suspect’s body, and are working to clear the night club of any suspicious items. Bodies remain inside. Mina said there were “no witness accounts of a second shooter”.
About 20 people were killed, Mina said, and 42 taken to three area hospitals. One police officer sustained a minor injury.
It appears he was organized and well prepared,” Mina said of the suspect. “He’s not from this area.” Mina used the same phrasing to say that the gunman who killed singer Christina Grimmie on Friday night in Orlando was not from central Florida. He said the shootings do not appear related.
Orlando sheriff Jerry Demings called the shooting “a domestic terror incident”, and the FBI said they were investigating whether the suspect acted as “a lone wolf” or had any ties to terror groups abroad. Asked about a link to jihadi terrorism, an FBI agent said: “At this time we’re looking into all angles. We do have suggestions that that individual may have had leanings toward that, that particular ideology. But right now we can’t say anything definitively.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... ct-updates
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:14 am

father of shooter says he got angry when he saw to men kissing a couple weeks ago

50 dead
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Next

Return to General Discussion