The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Heard recently that George Soros was an unapologetic informant for Nazi Germany as they went about their work murdering people in the name of progress

Is there any truth to this ?
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Soros was a Nazi informant?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:18 pm

No. He was 14 years old and posed as a Christian to survive.

He did go around with his adopted "godfather" and confiscate property from Jews in Budapest, though.

He discussed this frankly on 60 Minutes. To frame him as "unapologetic" is a flat-out hateful lie.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:No. He was 14 years old and posed as a Christian to survive.

He did go around with his adopted "godfather" and confiscate property from Jews in Budapest, though.

He discussed this frankly on 60 Minutes. To frame him as "unapologetic" is a flat-out hateful lie.

Do you have a copy of the tape where he discusses this?

Not the usual 60 minutes stuff?

Oh and for what its worth, Im not judging the guy solely based on that, if you get my fucking drift.
slimmouse

Postby norton ash » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:25 pm

This thread and title should be stricken from the board.

We get your fucking drift, mouse.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 pm

norton ash » 05 Sep 2016 20:25 wrote:This thread and title should be stricken from the board.

We get your fucking drift, mouse.

Kindly lock the thread please Wombaticus?
slimmouse

Postby backtoiam » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:53 pm

He didn't say "unapologetic" he said it was one of the happiest and most exhilirating times of his life. There is a youtube video of it. I saw that a lonnngggg time ago and I don't remember if the video goes further and he gives an explanation and context for that comment but there is video of it. I don't know what the origin of it is. It sounds like a tv or radio interview of some kind.

On edit

This is probably what you are talking about. Somebody plucked this choice comment from the audio but didn't add anymore of the interview for context. I am assuming the reason he was saying this is because in some hidden way he might have been trying to help the jews as he was helping the Nazis and it gave him a thrill to help them in a hidden way?

https://youtu.be/c1Qr7TnWG74
Last edited by backtoiam on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:17 pm

In the world there are unforgivable fuckwits. Although they are clearly Internet capable, based on their presence, they pretend not to know even how to google the long-refuted defamations they "hear." Nah. Why do that? Why source? Why link? "I heard that..." Gimme a fucking break. Not-too-bright in this case is obvious, but the moron act is disingenuous. It's a strategy to bring the slander to a public, again, and "innocently" pose it as a question. As long as it rhymes with their own preference in hate rhetoric! Are we supposed to believe this shit, that Soros-obsessives just "heard" this for the first time ever?

"Golly, I just happened to hear" (somewhere, no source, just "heard")... that that evil Jew whom I keep blaming for single handedly destroying the world and especially for running the liberals and leftists and feminists, is actually also a Nazi! "Gosh! Is that true? Do you smart people know anything about that?" In comes the confederate: "Let's have an open-minded discussion!"

I don't think this should be excused. No thread should ever be deleted, it should be firepitted, and its progenitor (as well as its long-term twin, who showed up) should finally get the banishment that's been coming to him/them/it for about 10 years.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:24 pm

JackRiddler » 05 Sep 2016 21:17 wrote:In the world there are unforgivable fuckwits. Although they are clearly Internet capable, based on their presence, they pretend not to know even how to google the long-refuted defamations they "hear." Nah. Why do that? Why source? Why link? "I heard that..." Gimme a fucking break. Not-too-bright in this case is obvious, but the moron act is disingenuous. It's a strategy is to bring the slanders to a public, and "innocently" pose them as questions. As long as it rhymes with their own preference in hate rhetoric! Are we supposed to believe this shit, that Soros-obsessives just "heard" this for the first time ever?

"Golly, I just happened to hear" (somewhere, no source, just "heard")... that that evil Jew whom I keep blaming for single handedly destroying the world and especially for running the liberals and leftists and feminists, is actually also a Nazi! "Gosh! Is that true? Do you smart people know anything about that?" "Let's have an open-minded discussion!"

I don't think this should be excused. No thread should ever be deleted, it should be firepitted, and its progenitor (as well as its long-term twin, who showed up) should finally get the banishment that's been coming to him/them/it for about 10 years.

Whatever you say Jack.
and I mean that most seriously
slimmouse

Postby backtoiam » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:27 pm

jack he asked a question and i answered it. if i was obsessed with jewish people i think you would know by now. i thought i knew what he was referring to so i answered his question. that is all. i am assuming this is part of the interview wombat referred to.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Soros made a cavalier comment at the end of that interview that could be interpreted as "unapologetic",
by those so inclined.
Not the "happiest time" comment referenced above.
Soros as an individual is worthy of conversation, but not in the context of the op.
Last edited by Burnt Hill on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt Hill

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:50 pm

This is what I do not forgive: "Heard recently..."

So of course, you bring it straight here. Innocently! In a new thread, when there are like a dozen already on the person.

How about the device at the following link, you ever hear of that?

https://www.google.com/search?client=op ... 8&oe=UTF-8
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby backtoiam » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:57 pm

Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:48 pm wrote:Soros made a cavalier comment at the end of that interview that could be interpreted as "unapologetic",
by those so inclined.
Soros as an individual is worthy of conversation, but not in the context of the op.

The names of Jewish people fly across this site all the time and the bullets don't fly. Take Kissinger for example. Kissinger gets trampled and derided on a regular basis around here, he is Jewish, and nobody seems to care, and that crafty old fox is probably ten times richer than anybody would ever guess too.

Soros is a high profile mega billionare with a ton of influence and heavily involved in world affairs and politics. He makes himself the topic of conversation by his own choosing. He chooses to be very high profile and very involved.

At one time Kissinger was high profile too but he keeps a low profile now. But Soros chooses to stand out there so he should be fair game like everybody else. He is a news maker in his own right by his own choice. Its ok to discuss Kissinger but not Soros for some reason.
backtoiam

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:01 pm

JackRiddler » 05 Sep 2016 21:50 wrote:This is what I do not forgive: "Heard recently..."

So of course, you bring it straight here. Innocently! In a new thread, when there are like a dozen already on the person.

How about the device at the following link, you ever hear of that?

https://www.google.com/search?client=op ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Actually Jack, I heard it within the last 24 hours.

Along with news that Soros and co are running the whitehouse. Thats the truth, and I thought it important, so I thought I might share it and ask a few questions about Mr Soros and his various foundations of deception

But dont let that nonsense decieve you,
slimmouse

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:17 pm

backtoiam wrote:
Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:48 pm wrote:Soros made a cavalier comment at the end of that interview that could be interpreted as "unapologetic",
by those so inclined.

The names of Jewish people fly across this site all the time and the bullets don't fly. Take Kissinger for example. Kissinger gets trampled and derided on a regular basis around here, he is Jewish, and nobody seems to care, and that crafty old fox is probably ten times richer than anybody would ever guess too.

Soros is a high profile mega billionare with a ton of influence and heavily involved in world affairs and politics. He makes himself the topic of conversation by his own choosing. He chooses to be very high profile and very involved.

At one time Kissinger was high profile too but he keeps a low profile now. But Soros chooses to stand out there so he should be fair game like everybody else. He is a news maker in his own right by his own choice. Its ok to discuss Kissinger but not Soros for some reason.

Soros is fair game and open to criticism.
Innuendo about his being a pro-Nazi anti-Semite is not fair play.
So the op as presented is junk.
slimmouse could change the title and apologize, and maybe we could have a discussion.

*The title of the thread is at a minimum click-bait.
I assumed there would be condemnable info re: Soros.
I can take slim at face value re: his intentions,
but he/she should address the problems with the op.
Last edited by Burnt Hill on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnt Hill

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Burnt Hill » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:17 pm wrote:
backtoiam wrote:
by those so inclined.

Soros is fair game and open to criticism.
Innuendo about his being a pro-Nazi anti-Semite is not fair play.
So the op as presented is junk.
slimmouse could change the title and apologize, and maybe we could have a discussion.

INTERVIEW FROM 60 MINUTES:
KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros’ friends and neighbors. (Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train) KROFT: (Voiceover) You’re a Hungarian Jew…
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.
KROFT: (Voiceover) …who escaped the Holocaust… (Vintage footage of women walking by train)
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm. (Vintage footage of people getting on train)
KROFT: (Voiceover) …by–by posing as a Christian.
Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right. (Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)
KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.
Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that’s when my character was made.
KROFT: In what way?
Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and–and anticipate events and when–when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a–a very personal experience of evil.
KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.
KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.
Mr. SOROS: Yes. That’s right. Yes.
KROFT: I mean, that’s–that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?
Mr. SOROS: Not–not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t–you don’t see the connection. But it was–it created no–no problem at all.
KROFT: No feeling of guilt?
Mr. SOROS: No.
KROFT: For example that, ‘I’m Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.’ None of that?
Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c–I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was–well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in markets–that if I weren’t there–of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would–would–would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the–whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the–I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.
Searcher08

Next

Return to General Discussion