The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Soros Thread (Retitled)

Postby slimmouse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:28 pm

JackRiddler » 25 Sep 2016 22:24 wrote:
slimmouse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:06 pm wrote:Is George Soros , and his multi million dollar foundations that have clearly spread chaos in Wall St targetted countries, which currently appear to be includiing youre very own, a force for good in your own honest opinion?

This question contains a premise I would not phrase in this way, which furthermore turns it into a leading question, and is therefore doubly unworthy of an answer.

If we simplify it to either, "Is George Soros, businessman..." or "Are the Soros foundations..." a "force for good?", then only someone who had not read my posts here would be unable to say what my general opinion is, and also which caveats I have stated. You are at least 3 pages behind. I don't feel like quoting myself. You can go back and read me instead. But I find that your inability, laziness, malice or intentional obtuseness has been dragging down this discussion, as well as the RI board for many years. So my own preference would be that you act as a force for good in the world by voluntarily deleting your account and never coming back. Thank you.

Well thanks for not answering what I consider to be a very important question, whilst digging in a jab.

Once you offer a simple opinon on the issue, I'll be happy to give you my own

You know ,as a distiller, as opposed to someone who hopes such distillation might dissapear.
Last edited by slimmouse on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Besides that you've made it clear, I don't care what your opinion is.

You also do not care what mine is, since of course I stated it clearly in English above, in a series of posts, and yet you still ask.

HOW ABOUT THAT ZUCKERBERG! GOING TO CURE ALL DISEASES! ALL OF THEM!!!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slimmouse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 pm

JackRiddler » 25 Sep 2016 22:34 wrote:Besides that you've made it clear, I don't care what your opinion is.

You also do not care what mine is, since of course I stated it clearly in English above, in a series of posts, and yet you still ask.

HOW ABOUT THAT ZUCKERBERG! GOING TO CURE ALL DISEASES! ALL OF THEM!!!

You didnt answer the question yet Jack.

And believe me , I do care

We can talk about suckerberg elsewhere.
slimmouse

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:37 pm

I answered the question, and now you are trolling. Cease and desist.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby slimmouse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Ok Jack, so you got me too.

lets just leave it at the fact that the world is run by sick people ? ( Trump vs Clinton at the base level)

It strikes me that when we go into the details of why, then you are a consensus model thinker, whereas I am somewhere else ?
slimmouse

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 pm

don't argue with dunning-kruger... don't argue with dunning-kruger... don't argue with dunning-kruger...

JackRiddler

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Flamewar, out!

Star Wars, Episode XVII: Another New Beginning

Welcome, first arrivers to "The Soros Thread (Retitled)."

We aim to make sure you do not regret clicking here, and that you keep reading until the fucking end of time.

Therefore, I say, read (skim!) from the top.

Or else start on p. 3, here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39996&start=30#p610443

JackRiddler

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:34 am

Drevil said:
In case you weren't joking, you're a textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action, which basically states that incompetent people are too incompetent to judge their own competence, and therefore tend to overestimate their own competence.
(The crude version: Idiots are too stupid to understand that they're idiots.)

I love it when you write stuff like this and it's recorded for posterity for all time via the wonders of the internet. Future historians will spend careers tracking the birth of new ideas and concepts, looking for the seeds of change and their true, first points of origin. Although you are only one of millions of acolytes that covetously swallow whatever new in-joke the fields of cosmology and quantum physics gurgitate from their 'what will they swallow next?' playbook, it will doubtless be priceless insight into the mechanics of fooling a majority of people all of the time. This may sound like gloating, but only part. The funny this is, I think you'd make an excellent ally in research - but the keen, lively mind is locked into someone else's idea of a paradigm, for which no key exists to exit. A loss, but that's life!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:14 am

Just as a lark, perhaps, I propose that this thread be devoted to the impact and reception of Soros and other oligarchs.

JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:34 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:14 am wrote:Just as a lark, perhaps, I propose that this thread be devoted to the impact and reception of Soros and other oligarchs.

I don't know, this is shaping up to be a pretty hot ten-pager on the Myth of Quantum Physics.

Still, if we did take the fuddy-duddy approach and adhere to what the fuck the thread is about, I find it odd nobody's referencing all the recent DC Leaks material! There's a lot of interesting stuff there.

Interesting that the same people who want to make BDS participation punishable by death are the cutting edge of Soros research these days, innit? Jewish Press files one of their recent stories under "Home » News & Views » Jewish » Antisemitism » Anti-Israel NGOs »" -- presumably that's just some elaborate kayfabe, since Soros is -- Kanye voice -- the greatest Zionist secret agent of all time.

Jewish Hungarian-American business magnate George Soros, whose company files were hacked by the same outfit that in June hacked the DNC computers, was a major contributor to anti-Israel and anti-Zionist causes, as appears from an archive of leaked documents of the DC Leaks website.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:56 pm

I got triggered when Jack did his Argument by Alternate History and had to go to my safe space and put on my anti-facepalm helmet.

The funniest thing I have come across about Soros / Open Society Foundations:

Transparify examined think tanks in 47 countries across the globe and rated “the extent to which think tanks publicly disclose through their websites where their funding comes from” on a scale of 0-5, with o being “highly opaque” and 5 being “highly transparent.”

Of the 200 think tanks included in the analysis, OSF was one of only nine to receive a rating of 0, “highly opaque.”

Despite Transparify’s mission statement, it is actually funded by the OSF (Open Society Foundations - S08).
“We are aware of the irony,” Transparify spokesman Dustin Gilbreath said in a statement. “Transparify applies the same criteria to all organizations, including our own donor.”

[url]Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/06/georg ... z4LOSkNgIJ[/url]
Searcher08

Postby slimmouse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:34 pm

i occasionlly get so tired of Jack

Not to the point that I suggest he kills himself, or stops posting here, since I feel he makes many valid contributions

Rather to how ignorant , in my own opinion that he sounds from time to time.

Maybe, based upon what you can read in the first two or three pages of this thread , to say nothing of the above 2 contributions, we might aptly retitle it "fuck George Soros"?
slimmouse

Postby dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 am

Soros is bad for supporting BDS, now? The guy just can't catch a break around here. Tough crowd.

It is kind of funny how this thread went from its humble beginnings to 'Soros... has a very opaque foundation.'

The case for Soros as 'figurehead of evil' is not looking good.

You know, I'm thinking that Wal-Mart family has done some devastating damage to societies all over the planet.

What do you think? The Gates/Wal-Mart ticket. That's a pretty evil team.

edited to add: I vote this thread be re-titled "Soros... has a very opaque foundation."
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:50 am

The answer to this paradox will be easy: BDS is controlled opposition.

It may as well be, in some ways, since I'm not too happy with how it acts within the American political context, in ways I consider avoidably counterproductive. But one thing that is true of it is that it's genuinely a product of an activist core, pro-Palestinians and actual Palestinians who have done huge work in organizing it. So I can yang from the sidelines about how it might be more effective if it were generally antiwar and anti-MIC, did not call for academic boycotts outside military research, and did call for a boycott/divestment of all US military aid, to anyone. But I did not dedicate the hours, and they did. So I watch, and give my conditional okay, which no one gives a shit about in return.

You'd think it a positive sign that a Soros-funded foundation exposes problems with other Soros foundations, as though they were genuinely autonomous of their funders, or something. Probably yet more devious camouflaging.

Anyway, the opacity rating in this case relates to the funding for each of the foundations. Note that the relative barbarity (or lack thereof, in some cases) of the various foundations tested seems largely unrelated to the opacity of the funding. Not that funding doesn't matter, it always does.

But, to take two examples that played fortress of evil on this board in the past, CSIS and RAND turn out to be relatively transparent with disclosing their funding. I'm guessing since they think demented fear-mongering justifications for imperialist games of RISK leading to new wars is something very smart and realistic and humanitarian, and they're proud of it. The opacity rating seems to be not so much a measure of evilness as the degree to which the funders would prefer to deny having a hand in the project. Possibly a measure of how much they believe their own bullshit, or are just in it for the bottom-line benefits.

At the bottom of the table you've got some projects likely to be heavy with Koch money, followed by OSF. Gee golly, it's a big mystery who is funding OSF!

JackRiddler

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:04 am

dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:Soros is bad for supporting BDS, now? The guy just can't catch a break around here. Tough crowd.

Are you in the crowd? Do you think he is bad for supporting BDS? Should we be supporting Hilary's campaign instead of questioning George's activities?

Are there any Albanians in the house?
dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:It is kind of funny how this thread went from its humble beginnings to 'Soros... has a very opaque foundation.'

Yes, the fact that Open Society Foundations tanks transparency ratings is just proof that funding is funny ol' world
dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:The case for Soros as 'figurehead of evil' is not looking good.

Figurehead is
noun 1.
a person who is head of a group, company, etc., in title but actually has no real authority or responsibility

Soros has always been a very direct hands-on type, so I would agree with you. The case for Soros being any form of inactive figurehead doesn't wash.
dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:You know, I'm thinking that Wal-Mart family has done some devastating damage to societies all over the planet.

What do you think? The Gates/Wal-Mart ticket. That's a pretty evil team.

Hey, that "Other billionaires do bad stuff too therefore Soros is Meh" argument is a zinger.
dada » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:39 am wrote:edited to add: I vote this thread be re-titled "Soros... has a very opaque foundation."

How about a thread on transparency? You start it and then I will suggest some better thread titles later after it's humble beginnings :)
I can see how important following the money is to you
Searcher08

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion