"The Deep State" vs SCAD after Trump?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The State of "Deep State" Discourses after Trump

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:14 am

Grizzly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:27 pm wrote:Frequently Asked Questions about State Crimes Against Democracy (SCADs)
http://dehaven-smith.com/faq/default.html

also see,

Conspiracy Theory Reconsidered
Responding to Mass Suspicions of Political Criminality in High Office
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10. ... 9712459727

Remember the cameras Finney was removing from the poles? SCADA cameras.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

SCADA Strangelove
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA_Strangelove

SCADA Strangelove is an independent group of information security researchers founded in 2012, focused on security assessment of industrial control systems (ICS) and SCADA.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "The Deep State" vs SCAD after Trump?

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am

"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Bit of shark jumping there, aye?

Christ, who would want an egomaniac too proud of himself to stop leaking his own secrets dead?

If anything, Bannon and Kushner are paying to ice him.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Bit of shark jumping there, aye?

Very curious about forthcoming revision of DSM criteria in light of marginally reputable pubic figures claiming secret governments are trying to off them and/or that their microwaves are spying on them with imaginary cameras.
liminalOyster

Postby norton ash » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Paranoid schizophrenics-- or just really bad liars who are forced to deflect to the boogeyman? You decide.

They've already hung themselves with the merest bit of rope. The spooks can just relax on this one... no dirty tricks or wet work required.

And I agree, LOyster, they strike me as pubic figures too... a literal bag of dicks.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Both are rotten eggs. And Stone is a bad liar with a big touch of paranoia too. But I still think Conway is - on this matter only - an extremely ordinary example of someone who heard two lines about the Vault 7 leaks and summarized the important stuff imprecisely enough to provoke a crowd-sourced weaponized meme that can gleefully be applied when the latest bit of damning info about Michael Hasting's car emerges. I mean can you believe this numbskull thinks her microwave is spying on her?!?!!I Everyone knows only our TVs and phones spy on us! I suppose this whole Russia! moment also affords perfect opportunity to take a fresh look at the Soviet weaponization of diagnoses against political dissidents but I'm lazy.
liminalOyster

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

liminalOyster

Postby SonicG » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 pm

liminalOyster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 am wrote:Both are rotten eggs. And Stone is a bad liar with a big touch of paranoia too. But I still think Conway is - on this matter only - an extremely ordinary example of someone who heard two lines about the Vault 7 leaks and summarized the important stuff imprecisely enough to provoke a crowd-sourced weaponized meme that can gleefully be applied when the latest bit of damning info about Michael Hasting's car emerges. I mean can you believe this numbskull thinks her microwave is spying on her?!?!!I Everyone knows only our TVs and phones spy on us! I suppose this whole Russia! moment also affords perfect opportunity to take a fresh look at the Soviet weaponization of diagnoses against political dissidents but I'm lazy.

Yeah perfect:
I mean can you believe this numbskull thinks her microwave is spying on her?!?!!I Everyone knows only our TVs and phones spy on us!
And who is laughing their way all the way to the bank?
Any InfoWars junkie knows that microwaves are used by HAARP to control the weather...or those Russian EMP weapons we have been hearing about for, I don't know, 40 years...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby bks » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 am

I see Marc Ambinder penned the Chicago Tribune "word salad."

Obligatory mention of his embarrassingly "muscular" relationship to Clinton media handlers: http://gawker.com/this-is-how-hillary-c ... 1758019058

Sent: Wednesday, July 15 2009 10:06 AM
To: Ambinder, Marc
Subject: Re: Do you have a copy of HRC’s speech to share?

3 [conditions] actually

1) You in your own voice describe them as “muscular”

2) You note that a look at the CFR seating plan shows that all the envoys — from Holbrooke to Mitchell to Ross — will be arrayed in front of her, which in your own clever way you can say certainly not a coincidence and meant to convey something

3) You don’t say you were blackmailed!
One minute later, Ambinder responded:

Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:07 AM
To: Philippe Reines
Subject: RE: Do you have a copy of HRC’s speech to share?

got it
Ambinder made good on his word. The opening paragraph of the article he wrote later that day, under the headline “Hillary Clinton’s ‘Smart Power’ Breaks Through,” precisely followed Reines’ instructions:

When you think of President Obama’s foreign policy, think of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. That’s the message behind a muscular speech that Clinton is set to deliver today to the Council on Foreign Relations. The staging gives a clue to its purpose: seated in front of Clinton, subordinate to Clinton, in the first row, will be three potentially rival power centers: envoys Richard Holbrooke and George Mitchell, and National Security Council senior director Dennis Ross.
bks

Postby 82_28 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am

SonicG » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm wrote:
liminalOyster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:05 am wrote:Both are rotten eggs. And Stone is a bad liar with a big touch of paranoia too. But I still think Conway is - on this matter only - an extremely ordinary example of someone who heard two lines about the Vault 7 leaks and summarized the important stuff imprecisely enough to provoke a crowd-sourced weaponized meme that can gleefully be applied when the latest bit of damning info about Michael Hasting's car emerges. I mean can you believe this numbskull thinks her microwave is spying on her?!?!!I Everyone knows only our TVs and phones spy on us! I suppose this whole Russia! moment also affords perfect opportunity to take a fresh look at the Soviet weaponization of diagnoses against political dissidents but I'm lazy.

Yeah perfect:
I mean can you believe this numbskull thinks her microwave is spying on her?!?!!I Everyone knows only our TVs and phones spy on us!
And who is laughing their way all the way to the bank?
Any InfoWars junkie knows that microwaves are used by HAARP to control the weather...or those Russian EMP weapons we have been hearing about for, I don't know, 40 years...

However! I don't believe it but something steered that hurricane destined to make landfall on 9/11. Perhaps a crazy high pressure ridge, but 9/11 would have been impossible had it not taken a direct right. How you gonna pull off the greatest show on Earth during a hurricane and blame it on the planes that would have been grounded? And yes, don't worry, I hate Alex Jones, I'm actually just a weather nerd that got plopped down here (RI) because of the Holy Decree of the Coincidence Theorist's Guide.

But for some reason a confluence of events made it most magical. If you wanna call it that.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Whatever his intentions, Tillerson’s true legacy may well be to have transformed a venerable American institution into the caricature of its most fevered, irrational critics. In Foggy Bottom, anguish is increasingly giving way to bitterness. “I’ve jokingly said to friends that I’m going to be executive director of the Deep State,” the Foreign Service veteran of 25 years, who is currently in the process of “separating” from the organization, told me. “There was never a Deep State before, but these idiots have managed to create one.”

from Rex Tillerson and the Unraveling of the State Department at NYT mag.
liminalOyster

Postby Grizzly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:03 pm

HERE'S SOME GOD DAMN DEEP-STATE FOR YA:

Explosive ‘60 Minutes’ investigation finds Congress and drug companies worked to cripple DEA’s ability to fight opioid abuse

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-age ... -congress/

60 min Opoid Segment It's 27 min long, no commercials so far!

Comments:
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/76uylr/explosive_60_minutes_investigation_finds_congress/
They went to France...

And HOLY cow, every time Rannazzisi gets on TV, it's more and more devastating. There's not really a silver lining to this story when you hear lawmakers explain why or how they thought things went wrong: they didn't read the damn thing or they looked the other way.

That's just not how legislative bodies like Congress and the Senate should work. You either raised a bunch of money for some old people to go to DC and didn't bother to read the legislation (I guess they didn't get their interns to do so either) or you raised a bunch of money for some old people to go to DC to profit on your hard work. I guess those things might not be mutually exclusive either - but it really takes the wind out of those who freak out about the opioid epidemic while claiming not to know that they cripple one of the tools you can use to fight back on that.

But are we really surprised? It's surreal to watch Harry Reid talk about how they passed some bill that they, uh, didn't read. Then you got Rand Paul introducing some stupid resolution essentially named "Read the bill" many times (including the passage of the ACA) because everyone has the drive to get the win without wanting to face the full impact of their legislation - leaving the public to be the CBO in the worst way possible.

------

First you get the votes, then you get the lobbyists, then you get the money.

-------

They basically made the DEA Big Pharma's protection force.

I've never seen a pharmaceutical company CEO have their door busted down and their dog shot during a no knock warrant raid.

------

be amazed at the billions

https://www.opensecrets.org/

------

'czar'

-------
Marsha Blackburn is a key player in this.

She's running for Bob Corker's Senate seat.

Today, Phil Bredesen announced he's seriously considering running against her and will formally announce in a few days. If he can win in TN, the Dems can take the Senate back. For those that don't know, he was a two term governor, and in his reelection bid won every county in the state. From the most liberal Nashville, to the most conservative, bumfuck Wayne County where 8% of the population has a college degree.

Tie this opioid scandal around Marsha Blackburn's neck like a lead weight.

------

The bill passed both houses "unanimously" without obstruction and was signed by Obomba.

-------

Yes.

the government keeps marijuana, a safe, non-addictive, pain killer illegal
the drug companies market opioids as a safe method to control pain
the government, instead of increasing funding for drug addiction treatment, instead makes it harder for people addicted to opioids to obtain it legally. Thus forcing them to turn to drug dealers for heroin and other, more deadly, opioids.

And, voila, a major, self-created epidemic.

I can't even say what I would do to these fucks, if I did, I'd end up in prison, ...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Over the past year or so, the EU has fined Facebook, Amazon, and Apple for various tax and competition transgressions. Besides some bad press, billions of dollars worth of penalties have done little to put the tech giants off their stride.

Sound familiar? Since 2008, big banks have been hit with more than $300 billion in fines for a wide variety of wrongdoing, from selling toxic subprime securities to manipulating markets and skirting sanctions.

"While Wall Street giants like JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs are still making the Super rich, richer, they’re not doing it in quite the same way as before. Revenue from racy trading operations, where much of the activity that triggered the fines took place, is down across the industry"... according to some.

Nice.... that they just add the fine into the cost does't touch them at all, I forget who sd, it, ( perhaps this American Life or some other pod cast I listen to...but these trans nationals corps, know two to four years before the laws change so they adjust accordingly... rearrange assets and keep on trucking...

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Some quite tasty stuff here: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals ... re-reader#

Criminal Politics: An Integrated Approach to the Study of Organized Crime, Politics, and Violence

Abstract

Over the last decade, organized criminal violence has reached unprecedented levels and has caused as much violent death globally as direct armed conflict. Nonetheless, the study of organized crime in political science remains limited because these organizations and their violence are not viewed as political. Building on recent innovations in the study of armed conflict, I argue that organized criminal violence should no longer be segregated from related forms of organized violence and incorporated within the political violence literature. While criminal organizations do not seek to replace or break away from the state, they have increasingly engaged in the politics of the state through the accumulation of the means of violence itself. Like other non-state armed groups, they have developed variously collaborative and competitive relationships with the state that have produced heightened levels of violence in many contexts and allowed these organizations to gather significant political authority. I propose a simple conceptual typology for incorporating the study of these organizations into the political violence literature and suggest several areas of future inquiry that will illuminate the relationship between violence and politics more generally.

A wide-ranging, heavily-sourced discussion ensues. One of my favorite pull quotes:

...it is important to stop thinking about crime solely as an aberrant social activity to be suppressed, but instead think of crime as a competition in state-making. In strong states that effectively address the needs of their societies, the non-state entities cannot outcompete the state. But in areas of sociopolitical marginalization and poverty—in many Latin American countries, conditions of easily upward of a third of the population—non-state entities do often outcompete the state and secure the allegiance and identification of large segments of society.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 pm

So I've been reading and talking about the deep state (as one of several ways to model certain extra-legal and generally covert but quasi-sovereign expressions of power) for about 25 years. And the first introduction of the idea to probably half of the Comedy Central audience is by Samantha Bee, ridiculing it as a term of pro-Trump propaganda coined literally the day before by Sean Hannity in reference to "Obama holdovers"?

Not for the first time, I ask, where the fuck can I just peaceably surrender, already, to this hydra-headed beast?
Last edited by JackRiddler on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion