The creepiness that is Google

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The creepiness that is Google

Postby Grizzly » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 am

It's impossible to by pass google, Alphabet now ..

https://pando.com/2013/12/16/googles-fo ... e-problem/

it's gotten exponentially worse. What says, RI?

Oakland emails give another glimpse into the Google-Military-Surveillance Complex
https://pando.com/2014/03/07/the-google ... e-complex/
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: The creepiness that is Google

Postby 82_28 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:45 am

Yeah, I dunno but I can tell you this: I have been "street viewed" twice in two different locations. It's because for some reason I went out for a smoke at just the right time. Just snaps of me smoking. However, streetview sure is a handy "tool". I am currently using it to help find my mom a new house.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Oh, Grizzly, it's for your own good, doncha know. Keeping communities safe from rampaging Mexican illegals who work for ISIS, that organization of terrorists the democrats created.

Making America the greatest surveillance state in the world! And we got the guns to keep it safe from other brown skinned people from undetermined places.

Seriously though, they are on a tight schedule trying to get ready for what's coming: rioting hordes of dispossessed and hungry.

An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and its Implications for United States National Security, October, 2003 by Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall

Imagining the Unthinkable

The purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable – to push the boundaries of current research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on United States national security.

We have interviewed leading climate change scientists, conducted additional research, and reviewed several iterations of the scenario with these experts. The scientists support this project, but caution that the scenario depicted is extreme in two fundamental ways. First, they suggest the occurrences we outline would most likely happen in a few regions, rather than on globally. Second, they say the magnitude of the event may be considerably smaller.

We have created a climate change scenario that although not the most likely, is plausible, and would challenge United States national security in ways that should be considered
immediately.

http://eesc.columbia.edu/courses/v1003/readings/Pentagon.pdf

Aren't you the least bit happy that someone is finally doing something to combat the sure impacts from our changing climate?

Always look on the bright side of life!

Think of the benefits!
Think of those poor people suffering from Alzheimer's. If they forget where they were headed, all they need to do is to call DHS to remind them that on Thursday's they always head to the donut shop for coffee with their friends at that time of day.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Joao » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Grizzly » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:49 am wrote:it's gotten exponentially worse.

I'm sure it didn't escape your attention that those articles are from 2013 and 2014. The exponential acceleration continues. [Edit: Sorry, maybe that was precisely your point.]

Perhaps history will inform how we clean-up after this monster...

The Federal Commissioner for the Records of the State Security Service of the former German Democratic Republic wrote:Act Regarding the Records of the State Security Service of the former German Democratic Republic (Stasi Records Act)

Article 1: Purpose and Scope
(1) This Act regulates the registration, safekeeping, administration and use of the records of the Ministry for State Security of the former German Democratic Republic and its preceding and succeeding organizations (State Security Service) in order to
  • 1. Facilitate individual access to personal data pertaining to oneself which the State Security Service has stored so that the individual can clarify what influence the State Security Service has had on his personal destiny;
  • 2. Protect the individual from impairment of one’s right to privacy caused by use of the personal data stored by the State Security Service;
  • 3. Ensure and promote the historical, political, and juridical reappraisal of the activities of the State Security Service
  • 4. Provide public and private bodies with access to the information required to achieve the purposes stated in this Act.

Or perhaps it's the monster's turn to prevail.
Joao

Postby tapitsbo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Or both? It's not like they simultaneously made the West German records available...
tapitsbo

Return to General Discussion