Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby alloneword » Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Before this disappears down the memory hole once and for all... Craig Murray had some thoughts regarding a D-notice issued by HMG a few days into this charade:

UPDATE: Stupidly I had forgotten this vital confirmation from Channel 4 News (serial rebel Alex Thomson) of the D Notice in place on mention of Pablo Miller.

Back then I did not realise what I now know, that the person being protected was Pablo Miller, colleague in both MI6 then Orbis Intelligence of Christopher Steele, author of the fabrications of the Trump/Russia golden shower dossier. That the government’s very first act on the poisoning was to ban all media mention of Pablo Miller makes it extremely probable that this whole incident is related to the Trump dossier and that Skripal had worked on it, as I immediately suspected. The most probable cause is that Skripal – who you should remember had traded the names of Russian agents to Britain for cash – had worked on the dossier with Miller but was threatening to expose its lies for cash.

ORIGINAL POST: This comment from Clive Ponting, doyen of British whistleblowers, appeared on my website and he has now given me permission to republish it under his full name:
I have been reading the blogs for some time but this is my first post. Like Craig I was a senior civil servant but in the ministry of defence not the fco. I had plenty of dealings with all three intelligence agencies. It seems to me that the reason none of the MSM are doing any investigating/reporting of the Salisbury affair, apart from official handouts, is that the government have slapped a D-Notice over the whole incident and it is not possible to report that a notice has been issued.

Here is another theory as to what happened. The Russians pardoned Skripal and allowed him to leave (spy agencies have an understanding that agents will always be swapped after an interval – it’s the only protection they have and helps recruitment). In the UK Skripal would have been thoroughly debriefed by MI6 and MI5 (his ex-handler lives near Salisbury). If at some point they discovered that Skripal was giving them false information, perhaps he was told to do so by the FSB as a condition of his release, lives may have been endangered/lost. If he also was also involved in the ‘golden showers’ dossier then elements in the US would have a reason to act as well. The whole incident was an inside job not to kill him, hence the use of BZ, but to give him a warning and a punishment. The whole thing is being treated as though the authorities know exactly what went on but have to cover it up.

Addendum

I meant to add that the policeman who ‘just happened’ to be around was almost certainly the special branch ‘minder’ who was keeping Yulia under surveillance. The media are not allowed to mention the existence of a D notice.

Those of us who have been in the belly of the beast and have worked closely with the intelligence services, really do know what they and the British government are capable of. They are not “white knights”.

I would add it has been very plain from day one that there is a D notice on Pablo Miller.

Probable Western Responsibility for Skripal Poisoning

More at MoA: The Silence Of The Skripals

Worth noting that prior to Skripal saga, the most recent - known - use of a 'D-notice' (Jan 2017) was in an attempt to protect the identity of... Christopher Steele.

In a subsequent post, Murray highlights a few more details in the media handling of the 'Christopher Steele' connection to Skripal: Where They Tell You Not to Look.

Looking at who denied the connection (Luke Harding of The Guardian, for one) and when, he notes:

A number of people replied to Harding’s tweet to point out that this was demonstrably untrue, and Pablo Miller had listed his employment by Orbis Business Intelligence on his Linkedin profile. That profile had just been deleted...

(...he then devotes the next dozen paragraphs to demonstrating what a shit-weasel Harding is - as if we didn't know that already. :? )

Russian Foreign Ministry seem to have noticed the MSM's deafening silence regarding the Skripals...

Russia’s Foreign Ministry will not leave without attention the investigation into the poisoning of former Russian GRU Colonel Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia, as Moscow has information for the public, the ministry’s Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in the Sunday Evening with Vladimir Solovyev program on Rossiya’1 television channel.

"British journalists lapsed into silence in a day as if, let’s speak openly, there had come an order for everyone to keep silent. They have all lapsed into silence. Therefore, there is no[t] any Skripal case in the British media. It ceased to be interesting. Nobody is looking for anyone, nobody is carrying out any investigations, nobody is demanding from the British side either photos or videos of the affected persons, or as we have been told, the affected persons," Zakharova said.

"The case does not exist in the media space. Nevertheless, without any doubt, Russia’s Investigative Committee, Russia’s Embassy to the United Kingdom and Foreign Ministry will be cheering them up with news from the front. We have something to tell them," she said.

http://tass.com/politics/1002502

So is that it? Will we never hear of this again?
alloneword

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Tue May 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Wonder how long before the RussiaTrump threads start falling off of RI?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue May 01, 2018 6:07 pm

no time soon ....sorry Grizzly but thanks for your interest

Flynn just got a 2 month extension on his sentencing (he's got a whole lot more to say about trump to Mueller) so I'll be here for a very very long time.....I ain't going away and I will probably being bumping the General later tonight or maybe Manafort I can't make up my mind

you know

General Yellowkerk

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40188

General Yellowkerk was treason texting 11 minutes after trump was sworn in!

FLYNN WAS CONDUCTING PRIVATE RUSSIA-RELATED BUSINESS ON HIS PHONE DURING TRUMP’S INAUGURATION SPEECH......The goal was to build nuclear plants throughout the Middle East.

Copson then flashed his phone at the whistleblower and said, “I just got this text message” from Flynn, who said the nuclear project was “good to go.” He added that Flynn had instructed him to contact their business colleagues to "let them know to put things in place."

The whistleblower took note of the time stamp on the text on Copson’s phone, which was 12:11 p.m. "Mike has been putting everything in place for us,” Copson then reportedly said. “I am going to celebrate today.” And, according to the whistleblower, he added: “This is going to make a lot of very wealthy people.

The whistleblower also alleges that Copson said Flynn had assured him that U.S. sanctions on Russia would be "ripped up" as soon as Trump was inside the White House.

now since I answered your post we can go back on topic ....remember YOU brought trump/russia up .....don't try blaming me again :).....and I thank you for mentioning trump/russia
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby alloneword » Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 am

No suspects yet in Skripal nerve agent attack, MPs told

guardian wrote:UK national security adviser’s admission dashes hopes that police were withholding names

[Mark Sedwill told MPs classified information had been released in April to counter Russian disinformation.]

Police and intelligence agencies have failed so far to identify the individual or individuals who carried out the nerve agent attack in Salisbury, the UK’s national security adviser has disclosed.

The comments by Sir Mark Sedwill punctured hopes that the police and other security agencies had pinpointed suspects but were withholding the name or names from the public.

Asked by an MP at a Commons defence committee hearing if he knew the individuals responsible, he replied curtly: “Not yet.”

I'm sure they'll come up with *something*, just in time for the next instalment of hysterical warmongering anti-Russian propaganda... ;)
alloneword

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 02, 2018 12:49 pm

I am sure you were not talking about anyone posting here but I have noticed elsewhere that the anti-Semitic slur is no longer top dog

anti-Russian warmongering is the new and improved anti :wink: thank god that is not happening to anti war members here
I don't want war with Russia ...I want U.S. criminals held accountable for what they have done

for me I am totally focused on Conspiracy to Defraud the Untied States and trying to vanquish trump the money laundering warmonger (Iran Bibi)

Rick Gates has pled guilty to Conspiracy to Defraud the Untied States

Paul Manafort has been charged with Conspiracy to Defraud the Untied States

Gen. Yellowkerk has been charged but is cooperation so he wasn't charged with Conspiracy to Defraud the Untied States...he got a really really good deal cause he knows a lot

:backtotopic:

Fresh heartache for family of Sergei Skripal who say they are being stalked by a Twitter troll claiming to be the poisoned ex-Russian spy's daughter

Twitter account claiming to be Yulia Skripal, 33, is trolling her family

It claimed the poisoned spy's daughter was new living in the U.S. after recovery

Tweets including claims of being 'pumped full of drugs' by Western doctors

Skripal relatives made contact and asked a question she didn't answer

Yulia and her father were poisoned in Salisbury in a nerve agent attack

They survived and are recovering, Yulia issuing a statement three weeks ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5EMeKSjX1

........fun fact I’m here solace is not
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby elfismiles » Wed May 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Where They Tell You Not to Look
30 Apr, 2018 in Uncategorized by craig

At the very beginning of the of the Skripal incident, the security services blocked by D(SMA) notice any media mention of Pablo Miller and told the media not to look at Orbis and the Steele dossier on Trump, acting immediately to get out their message via trusties in the BBC and Guardian. Gordon Corera, “BBC Security Correspondent”, did not name the source who told him to say this, but helpfully illustrated his tweet with a nice picture of MI6 Headquarters.
MORE HERE:
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... t-to-look/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Rory » Wed May 02, 2018 4:46 pm

alloneword » Wed May 02, 2018 12:23 am wrote:No suspects yet in Skripal nerve agent attack, MPs told

guardian wrote:UK national security adviser’s admission dashes hopes that police were withholding names

[Mark Sedwill told MPs classified information had been released in April to counter Russian disinformation.]

Police and intelligence agencies have failed so far to identify the individual or individuals who carried out the nerve agent attack in Salisbury, the UK’s national security adviser has disclosed.

The comments by Sir Mark Sedwill punctured hopes that the police and other security agencies had pinpointed suspects but were withholding the name or names from the public.

Asked by an MP at a Commons defence committee hearing if he knew the individuals responsible, he replied curtly: “Not yet.”

I'm sure they'll come up with *something*, just in time for the next instalment of hysterical warmongering anti-Russian propaganda... ;)

It's interesting to see how the bigoted russiaphobes are flailing as the impetus leaks away from the silly witch hunt they've been chasing.
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Trump rips ‘Russian Witch Hunt’ after Mueller questions leak
https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/trump-rip ... ions-leak/

leaked by trump

“Witch hunts” explained, from Salem to Donald Trump
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... c-greitens

Donald Trump again rants against Robert Mueller and a 'witch hunt'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 501973002/

Moglevich➡️Fursin➡️Gates➡️Broidy➡️VanDerZwaan➡️Nikulin➡️Dokuchaev➡️Giulani➡️WeberRohrbacher➡️Manafort➡️Pence➡️Trump

Erdogan➡️Zarrab➡️Gulen➡️FlynnJr➡️Flynn➡️Nader➡️Zamel➡️➡️Prince➡️Kushner➡️Pence

Lavrov➡️Mifsud➡️Papadopoulos➡️Miller➡️Sessions
Pinedo
Sater
Page
18 Russians
Ed Kutler
Ivanka
Stone
Corallo
Paul Ryan
100+ FELONY CHARGES
Cambridge Analytica➡️BCCI 2.0
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed May 02, 2018 5:14 pm

ˆˆcompletely off-topic
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Rory » Wed May 02, 2018 5:19 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm wrote:ˆˆcompletely off-topic

There's one topic. Trumprussiatrumprussiatrumprussia Putin trumprussiatrumprussia
Rory

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Postby Rory » Wed May 02, 2018 3:46 pm

It's interesting to see how the bigoted russiaphobes are flailing as the impetus leaks away from the silly witch hunt they've been chasing.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Flailing, indeed.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby alloneword » Wed May 02, 2018 5:29 pm

@Rory - The Skripal story is fizzling because it's no longer being fed... the drip-drip-drips that fuelled it have seemingly stopped. I'm keeping an open mind as to whether this is because it's run it's course and served it's purpose, or 'D notices' now prevent any further reporting. I'm still inclined to believe that it was designed to be the opening act of a larger show (Douma, then full intervention in Syria), with all the raggedy ends getting buried under the tsunami of bullshit that would have ensued. Perhaps those dastardly Russians prevented it all from running to script - for now?

Anyway, FWIW: A little more on Pablo Miller's illustrious past - and association with Skripal (courtesy of Wikileaks):

15/08/2007

Vyacheslav Zharko, a Russian ex-security service officer who admitted earlier working for British intelligence, has identified his MI6 recruiter, the Federal Security Service (FSB) said Wednesday.

In late June, Zharko voluntarily surrendered to Russian authorities, disclosed the names of four British intelligence officers, and revealed locations in Europe where alleged clandestine meetings had taken place, including information regarding the assignments he had been given.

The FSB later launched a criminal investigation into British intelligence officers' operations on Russian territory from 2003 until 2007.

"During the investigation, witness Vyacheslav Zharko identified MI6 operative Pablo Miller, who was previously involved as a suspect in a criminal case against Sergei Skripal, a former Russian colonel sentenced last year to 13 years in prison for spying for Britain," an FSB spokesman said.

According to the spokesman, Zharko knew his recruiter and tutor as an individual named Paul. However, Skripal earlier identified the same individual as a certain Antonio Alvares de Idalgo.

The investigation has established that Paul is MI6 intelligence operative Pablo Miller, who worked in 1999 under the cover of the First Secretary at the British Embassy in Tallinn and was involved as a suspect in a criminal case against Valery Ojamae, a former Russian intelligence officer who was jailed in 2001 for seven years after being convicted of spying for Britain and Estonia.

Ojamae was charged in March 2000, followed by a spy row in August 1999 in which Russia and Estonia each expelled two diplomats from their countries.

Now, in a proper spy novel, 'Antonio Alvares de Idalgo' would be an anagram of something devilishly clever - unfortunately, I can't be arsed to try to work out what. :shrug:
alloneword

Postby Rory » Wed May 02, 2018 5:37 pm

I've kept up to date with events so far as they're being reported. Craig Murray was funny when he said this about Double Oh Luke

Harding was the only resident British journalist, to my knowledge, whose visa the Russians under Putin have refused to renew. They suspected he is actually an MI6 officer, although he is not. :lol2: emoticons mine

It's all such transparent horseshit they're trying to feed us
Rory

Postby streeb » Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Honestly, I think Luke Harding isn't smart enough for full-on MI6 employment, but he's made himself useful up to a point, like a very eager (unpaid) intern.
streeb

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion