Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy attack

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Skripal: Theresa May set to hit back Russia over spy att

Postby Burnt Hill » Mon May 07, 2018 5:25 pm

And I agree with that.
We do have 2 mods now, I think.
I make an assumption that they can see the thread titles and could propose a change at the time of posting, if necessary.
I don't think any titles should be changed without the OP's consent.
Of course I also expect OP's to be adult humans.
Mods have a bit of work to do around here, they seem to be directing their attention in certain areas at perhaps the expense of others. I maintain faith in the two of them - but this is their job also.
Burnt Hill

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby alloneword » Tue May 08, 2018 4:18 am

Burnt Hill » Mon May 07, 2018 6:09 pm wrote:The inaccuracy of the title has significance too. Any rersearcher would readily understand this.
Life is often ugly and wrong, a thread title can reflect that.

I'm going to chime in here and say that I agree with this.

The thread title sounds desperate, shrill, and hysterical. It makes no grammatical sense, since the word 'at' is missing - plus the subsequent replies all have the word 'attack' curtailed (thanks to the character limit and prefix 'Re:'), lending it an air of breathlessness. I also like how the article it references even has the word 'Regime' in the first line. ( :yay )

As such, I think the thread title suits the contents of the OP perfectly. A torrent of undigested hysterical propaganda copy-pasta vomited onto the screen.

The very first actual comment on this thread sums it up very well:

Sounder » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 pm wrote:Rationality has been abandoned in preference to a death promoting group-think that passionately believes itself to 'represent' humanitarian ideals.

And that dear friends, is bullshit.

Am I right in thinking that none of the assertions contained in the OP(s) have stood up to the slightest scrutiny? :shrug:
alloneword

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 08, 2018 5:21 am

I also like how the article it references even has the word 'Regime' in the first line.

And the NY Times is calling Putin's inauguration a coronation - go figure!
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Okay
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue May 08, 2018 5:37 pm

alloneword » Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 am wrote:
Burnt Hill » Mon May 07, 2018 6:09 pm wrote:The inaccuracy of the title has significance too. Any rersearcher would readily understand this.
Life is often ugly and wrong, a thread title can reflect that.

I'm going to chime in here and say that I agree with this.

The thread title sounds desperate, shrill, and hysterical. It makes no grammatical sense, since the word 'at' is missing - plus the subsequent replies all have the word 'attack' curtailed (thanks to the character limit and prefix 'Re:'), lending it an air of breathlessness. I also like how the article it references even has the word 'Regime' in the first line. ( :yay )

As such, I think the thread title suits the contents of the OP perfectly. A torrent of undigested hysterical propaganda copy-pasta vomited onto the screen.

The very first actual comment on this thread sums it up very well:

Sounder » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 pm wrote:Rationality has been abandoned in preference to a death promoting group-think that passionately believes itself to 'represent' humanitarian ideals.

And that dear friends, is bullshit.

Am I right in thinking that none of the assertions contained in the OP(s) have stood up to the slightest scrutiny? :shrug:

that's right: NONE.

It is interesting, indeed, to go back to the first 2-3 pages of this thread, the shrill copy/pasting of MSM propaganda, reproduced and absorbed without any scrutiny by some, while others (rightfully, it turns out) suspected (via a sober assessment of trends/M.O.) under-handed tactics at play. A recurring theme here, particularly the last couple yrs or so.

The MSM operates at the behest of Imperialist beasts, more blatantly than ever before. This should be well understood within these walls by now.
Belligerent Savant

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:14 am

I also like how the article it references even has the word 'Regime' in the first line. ( :yay )

Indeed, "regime" is a loaded word. Has a bit of totalitarian connotation, doesn't it? It is a word that was used frequently by the left to refer to the "Bush Regime," and then by the right to refer to the "Obama Regime."

No surprise that it would be trotted out in regard to Russia and Putin. In America, at this point, it is a stand-in for 'any governmental head we (we being the subject and author of the opinion) don't like.'

I'm not sure it deserves its' place in any of the above descriptions, but the use of the word itself is not all that remarkable to me.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 am

The title of the thread came from the headline of The Times I believe London paper?

The Times Of London

And yes the constraints of the title space made me leave out the word ........at......oh the horror

This discussion of the title of this thread has become stupid a discussion that has gone on for what now 3 pages!

IS THERE NOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO TALK ABOUT?
Apparently Sputnik.. TASS or RT has no breaking news on the subject?

Things have changed in the Fukushima thread since I started it and no one has been so minded to complain about that title ......or the Assange thread or the Syrian thread or the Iran thread or whatever thread

At this very time when you all are so minded to be so concerned about a thread title the president has lied again about the Iran deal US has pulled out of the Iran deal and no one is talking about that ......yea its a fun game

But at least I can sleep at night now that alloneword has giving me his blessing :thumbsup

But please do reply to this post and keep on discussing thread titles to your hearts content I have no more time for it.....Jack really needs to start an OP on the subject of thread titles or do another meaningless poll about it.....the naming of thread titles is a very very important issue and should definitely have its own thread
Maybe petition the mods to make another rule to your liking

my answer now is the same as it was back 3 pages

Trump Tells World to Drop Dead as Netanyahu Dictates His Nixing of Iran Deal
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/live-up ... -1.6070574

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby smiths » Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am

The Skripal Affair would be a neutral and more accurate title

The first page of links and posts is so biased it is farcical to mock other (Russian) news sources later in the story

Whining about how people are getting wrongly obsessed with the title is disingenuous, titles are the most important part of any kind of news or information story

Attacking anyone who questions the original posts and the general Russian-bashing narrative is bizarre behaviour

Conclusion: This thread is a case study is framing and manipulation from start to finish

The Skripal poisoning was bullshit - its so blatantly obvious its weird to even argue over

Your welcome
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 09, 2018 9:18 am

those were the initial stories that I found and I posted them...that is all

sorry I didn't wait for TASS to report on it before posting..everyone was free to post any news story from the beginning that they wanted to

next time a news story comes out someone needs to get here and post it so THEY have control of the title of THEIR thread

carry on I am sure someone here will get to the bottom of the poisoning which may or may not never happen so yes let's just discuss the title of this thread for the next 10 years

of course let's continue talking about a thread title THAT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!

You all can go on for another 10 pages talking about a thread title be my guest
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby smiths » Wed May 09, 2018 9:25 am

that iss bullshit,
i followed that story from the beginning and there were skeptical voices from the first moments of the story breaking,
your first page sourced nothing but Russia Guilty stories and kept that line all the way through

to say that they were just the stories that came up at first is not true

OK, you fucking hate Trump and you think he is a corrupt unfit person to be President, I agree

but your posts i have just read across a few threads show a clear pattern, a staunch anti-Russian agenda

I think thats fine, but i think you should be straight up about it, not pretend thats its just the news stories that happened to come out
smiths

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 09, 2018 9:26 am

why didn't YOU post them then

don't come here and school me on what I post when YOU posted NOTHING

oh and you did not notice the pro Russian?

why didn't you post all your pro Russian articles then?

a pattern of pro Russian articles ...yes there has been a pattern on pro Russian articles also

you were free to do that
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby smiths » Wed May 09, 2018 9:33 am

Well SLAD, i dont seem to have as much time on my hands as you do

The early MSM reporting came from the Times, the BBC and the Guardian - the establishment

Simon Tidsall in the Guardian cannot be trusted, Harding is definitely an establishment stooge

You say that those were just the stories but honestly, do you deny that you see Russia behind all of the calamities occurring in the US and perhaps in the UK

do you deny that your views of Russia align perfectly with the current media portrayal of Putin and Russia as bogeyman to the 'Western Democracies'?
smiths

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 09, 2018 9:36 am

apparently not you have not been here for a year and you have the nerve to school me on what I post here? Complain what I post or what I do not post?

how about posting something and then maybe I can criticize you on what you post

I see an American president who is a criminal ....a money launder for Russian money
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed May 09, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby smiths » Wed May 09, 2018 9:38 am

"don't come here and school me on what I post when YOU posted NOTHING"

The beauty of this forum like many other almost free places is that i can do exactly that ...

if i want to comment on what i see as a bias in your posting and then your follow up attacks on posters, whilst posting nothing myself, i can

and you, cannot instruct me on what i can and cannot do

thats cool though, i get it, you cant admit the actual point i am making
smiths

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed May 09, 2018 9:39 am

yea you do exactly that

you do not see bias in anyone's else's posts....that bias

it's only me that has some bias that you have discovered?

how odd

yea right I am the only one here with some sort of bias according to you

it's just not the bias you like or agree with

you know what I think ....you're bias
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Wed May 09, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion