SLAD!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: SLAD!

Postby Cordelia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 am

liminalOyster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 pm wrote:
82_28 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:45 pm wrote:So, SLAD, I truly hope you are OK. Just check in for old time's sake if you can. It's sorta not funny.

Yeah, me too. For all I have found her steady flow of certain material infuriating, I also appreciate the hell out of her for just being who she is. I very much hope she's alright.

Me too. SLAD, please check in and let us know you're okay; don't ghost us.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:06 am

Doesn't she post under the same moniker on democraticunderground? Has anyone checked there?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:38 am

Stop, bro. The mystery is hers and hers alone. One more empty speculation and this thread is closed. Seriously, I cannot allow for gossip about someone who has been here for years and possibly having troubles being hounded with even good intentioned speculation. I just will not let it stand. The same would go for you. Yes, I wonder too. But she is not here to put anything to rest but we know she has feelings and is also absent.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

What the fuck ever dude. zip your gossip bullshit. There is none. except in your fucking head.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby peartreed » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:20 pm

SLAD’s absence is also why I’ve been away too. Her posts, her perspective and her passion for putting a penetrating spotlight on the disaster that is the president have been the prime insight at Rigorous Intuition since Trump began his traitorous ascent to the office. His continuous incompetence since has been a compelling issue of consequence for individuals, for the U.S. citizens and for the world population.

SLAD consolidated that coverage here for easier access and in-depth analysis, as well as providing her usual lively and insightful, informed commentary on it all.

The continuous resistance, rejection and denigration of her contribution here are illustrative of what’s wrong with America and why ignorance has risen to the top.

Rigor should earn respect and real intuition should be admired and encouraged.

The return to civil and considerate interaction here without the cruelty and contrary personal commentary on our best contributor now just simply seems like a dream.
peartreed

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Grizzly » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 am wrote:What the fuck ever dude. zip your gossip bullshit. There is none. except in your fucking head.

There's a credo in the bar industry, chief. It's when you are behind the bar it's "your show". The owner, manager etc can't say shit when you take the helm. I have made it known that I will moderate as if it were a bar. Being fair to all but also strictly protecting vulnerable people's feelings, safety and etc.

Grizzly, I don't know how many PMs you got leading up to SLAD's absence, but it is probably not in a ratio comparable to mine. I told you what I want in full view -- I actually should have shitcanned this fucker when it came up, but I wanted SLAD to understand that people were actually thinking of her. So yeah, no, no fucking gossip about "who she really is". I would have done the same for you. So fucking chill.

As far as anything "preferential" going on, no it is just normal human understanding and compassion with a known "regular" of a once "conspiracy heavy" bent website. So Grizzly, don't piss off the bartender. But I really will never have the final say. This ain't my site. But I deffo can 86 you and I don't want to do that to you or anyone.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby norton ash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Hope all is well, SLAD. Slainte.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:38 am

Sending good thoughts to SLAD. :lovehearts: :sun:

If it's a rough patch, I hope you'll feel better ASAP.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Any word? Miss her. Minus the RussiaRussiaRussia shit.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Grizzly » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:27 pm wrote:Any word? Miss her. Minus the RussiaRussiaRussia shit.

At this point, if taking the "RussiaRussiaRussia shit" is the only way to get her back, I'll take it and ask for seconds.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Grizzly » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:51 am

"At this point, if taking the "RussiaRussiaRussia shit" is the only way to get her back, I'll take it..."

Agreed. I think she's an integral part of this community. I resonate with her more than I don't. I'm perfectly willing to take what I like an leave the rest.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Cordelia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:51 am

Grizzly » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 am wrote:
"At this point, if taking the "RussiaRussiaRussia shit" is the only way to get her back, I'll take it..."

Agreed. I think she's an integral part of this community. I resonate with her more than I don't. I'm perfectly willing to take what I like an leave the rest.

^^^Absolutely (more appreciative now of her copy-pastes because they didn't include online newspapers' ubiquitous pop-up ads).

Bringing to mind the adage....

Dream last night that I logged on and saw she had posted; woke disappointed that it was just a dream. :(
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Laodicean » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Laodicean » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:49 pm wrote:
Laodicean » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:02 pm wrote:
semper occultus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:48 pm wrote:
DrVolin » 06 Jul 2013 02:18 wrote:Budgie. One seriously underrated band.

...errrr.....shouldn't you have done that as a tweet...?

#neverturnyourbackonafriend, #4slad

Please...

viewtopic.php?p=570993#p570993
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Cordelia » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:51 am wrote:
Grizzly » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 am wrote:

^^^Absolutely (more appreciative now of her copy-pastes because they didn't include online newspapers' ubiquitous pop-up ads).

Bringing to mind the adage....

Dream last night that I logged on and saw she had posted; woke disappointed that it was just a dream. :(

Isn't it weird when you get those odd Internet or text on your phone dreams? It recently happened with me for an old co-worker and friend. It made me get back in touch with her. She "distinctly" texted me and I went to my phone and no she hadn't. I hadn't spoken to her in years.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to SLAD Newswire