Evidence that your phone is spying on you

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Evidence that your phone is spying on you

Postby dada » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:38 pm

This is why I try to make it entertaining. If I'm being watched, might as well give 'em something worth watching. Otherwise I'm just another one in a billion screen watchers, tap tap tapping away into a storage bin.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:04 am

There literally is not much to nothing you can do. A few weeks ago I went to Portland and was supposed to via Amtrak. The traffic was so bad that my Lyft (can't get without smartphone) couldn't get through downtown to the station. Both me and my driver decided that it was probably better for me to hoof it. Hot day and I went back over Google Maps and I actually ran/quickly walked 28 blocks. I finally arrived about 10 minutes before departure but they wouldn't let me on the train. Longish story and even longishish more bus ride story -- all plans ruined. However, my point is is that when I wrote to Amtrak to complain, I said I would gladly show them my GPS data to show them I was exactly where I was when I said I was. When I was in a vehicle and when I was on foot etc. I really don't know if that is good or bad that this is possible. But I was prepared to use the data of my whereabouts and how they fucked me.

Also, who I work for knows where I am at all times unless I fully shut it off. I guess you just get used to it. :confused
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Karmamatterz » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:02 am

8228 wrote:
There is nothing most of us do online or anywhere else that is "illegal" or even worth notice.

Until a new law is passed that makes certain speech illegal. Or makes attending certain events illegal. Or you're linked online to a person you barely know who is a known "terrorist" because they camped out in a 1,000 year old tree to prevent it from being cut down.

It's not even a matter of what could be illegal, simple association with social "undesirables" will get you doxxed, blacklisted or fired. What's in fashion today could be considered hate speech tomorrow. Your political opinions posted publicly now might land you in a re-education resort years later. Who's to say one who visits a site rife with conspiracy theories isn't clinically insane and needs to be institutionalized?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chinese-c ... 62475.html

Totalitarian regimes to the left and right, stuck in the middle of a gulag again.

The slippery slope is being greased daily.
Karmamatterz

Postby Grizzly » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 am

^^^^by Karmamatterz » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:02 am

THIS!
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby dada » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm

So funny. White people's worries.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Previous

Return to General Discussion