Something Strange Happening in Sunspot New Mexico

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Something Strange Happening in Sunspot New Mexico

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:34 am

Something weird is happening at an observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico and the FBI has got the place on lockdown. I was driving for a few hours this evening and heard about this on the Coast to Coast radio program, for whatever that's worth...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... story.html

The National Solar Observatory in New Mexico has been closed down for days with little explanation — and people are starting to think it’s out of this world.

The research facility at Sacramento Peak was evacuated Thursday last week as was a nearby United States Post Office. It’s not clear when they will open their doors again.
The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy, which operates the Sunspot observatory, said in a statement to the Daily News Wednesday afternoon that it is “addressing a security issue.”

Officials decided to “temporarily vacate the facility as a precautionary measure,” spokeswoman Shari Lifson said, adding AURA is “working with the proper authorities on this issue.”
She declined to provide additional details on the security problems, though the rest of NSO’s facilities remain open.

Meanwhile, employees at a post office near Sunspot have been temporarily transferred to another post office in Cloudcroft, KVIA reported.

Otero County Sheriff Benny House said his department has been mostly left in dark on the situation, saying area officers were put on standby during the Observatory evacuation but did not receive any further details.
“The FBI is refusing to tell us what’s going on,” he told the Alamogordo Daily News.

“There was a black hawk helicopter, a bunch of people running around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything.”

House said he, like everyone else in the community, has a lot of questions about what prompted the sudden closure of the NSO facility. He speculated that perhaps someone threatened a staff member at the National Solar Observatory — a theory he almost immediately walked back.

“If that’s the case, why did they call us and let us deal with it?” House wondered. “These guys are regular workers that work for this company. I don’t know why the FBI would get involved so quick.”

https://www.abqjournal.com/1219922/nm-s ... s-mum.html

There isn't much in the mainstream news about this story.

https://www.cnet.com/news/mysterious-ob ... -theories/

Karmamatterz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Something Strange Happening in Sunspot New Mexico

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 am

Yes, I became aware of this two days ago and don't know what to make of it. Unable to find much info about it either, however, I did run across a youtube that tied it to something people felt was an unusual image that appeared to be an enormous object passing between the telescope and the sun. Whatever it was it was spherical and didn't appear to be a bird, insect, or plane. The closure is supposedly due to a security breach. What sort of security breach could shut down the solar observatory, ffs.

Here's the video I watch, fwiw.

Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 am

A computer network hack.
Karmamatterz

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am

I'm guessing it's not aliens. If they found something and wanted to keep it secret this would be the exact way to not do it.

The fact that they evacuated a post office too makes it sound more like an envelope with white powder or similar being sent there (Novichok! :) ).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:02 am

Wild speculation is all that is available right now. If it was white powder or anything similar why would it go through a tiny post office in the middle of no where's vill? Those locations are not part of the post office's distribution system except delivery to the local end recipient. So the target would have been a local scientist perhaps? Given the history of this stuff wouldn't something like that be taken advantage of as a claim that it was a terrorist attack? The evil Moslems are at it again on the anniversary of 911!

Some of the more wild spec on this is that the observatory was part of a weather control network and related to sunspots and the hurricanes. Crazy stuff. So much more fun for RI than the latest Twatter post by Drumpf!

After Katrina there was some speculation that some hurricanes were being influenced by weather control. Perhaps this is related to 8bits conspiracy about climate change, but not in the way we might ordinarily think. :shrug:
Karmamatterz

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:44 am

I'm very skeptical of the weather control theory. The energies involved in a hurricane like Florence are insane; they make nukes look like firecrackers. An average hurricane expends up to 10,000 nuclear bombs worth of energy ( https://science.howstuffworks.com/envir ... quake1.htm ). No way in hell they can control that, or even nudge it in the right direction.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 am

DrEvil » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:41 am wrote:I'm guessing it's not aliens. If they found something and wanted to keep it secret this would be the exact way to not do it.

The fact that they evacuated a post office too makes it sound more like an envelope with white powder or similar being sent there (Novichok! :) ).

The wild speculation one this one is quite neatly bounded, and I agree with Dr. Evil. This was presented to me yesterday as a "kill shot" style sunspot incoming (god, the memories...is Ed Dames even still alive?) but we're already past the window for that. What's more, it would have showed up on hundreds of other monitoring systems by now.

So, the shutdown order has to be related to something only that particular observatory would be able to see.

Also possible that the other systems going offline around the same time was just good opsec - chaff in plain sight.

There is probably a swaztika half the size of Mercury spiraling through our solar system right now. He's coming back.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Cordelia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks for starting this thread....very interesting. :popcorn: :scaredhide:
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Yes, thanks for this. Weird story all right. The FBI have been in there for for SIX days now. Have the scientists and other staff been evacuated? There must be dozens if not hundreds of family members in the vicinity. You'd expect the local media to at least try to interview some of them, but there appears to be a complete lockdown on information.

A solar observatory would surely not produce any dangerous radiation or chemicals, so that can hardly be it. Unless the place is a cover for some other (clandestine) activity.

DrEvil » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am wrote:I'm very skeptical of the weather control theory. The energies involved in a hurricane like Florence are insane; they make nukes look like firecrackers. An average hurricane expends up to 10,000 nuclear bombs worth of energy ( https://science.howstuffworks.com/envir ... quake1.htm ). No way in hell they can control that, or even nudge it in the right direction.

Well,a lightning conductor manages to nudge gigantic natural forces in the desired direction without expending any energy at all. It took until 1750 for humankind (in the shape of Franklin) to invent it, and science has come on a bit since then.

I'm no kind of scientist, and I'm not saying that they can or cannot control hurricanes. Just pointing out that it doesn't necessarily take a huge investment of human energy to manipulate huge inhuman natural forces. (See also: cloudseeding.)

But what do I know. WR's explanation looks as good as any at this point.

Iron Sky trailer (deutsch)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby dada » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Post Office closed to secure perimeter. Most likely. Look at the google map, easy to see where you'd close the roads to control access to the area in the simplest way.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby Karmamatterz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:13 am

So, the shutdown order has to be related to something only that particular observatory would be able to see.

The presence of the FBI would generally happen for a crime that was committed. What could be at that location that would be so valuable? Why would an observatory be of interest to anyone or state? Someone saw something and reported it? That freaked out the Feds? Information was stolen? I still wonder about a hack or breech of some sort that then allowed a deeper penetration into networks used for things we are unaware of.

https://www.nso.edu/data/nisp-data/

Data?

Solar energy can impact telecom, satellites and a number of tech. Surely that is of major concern for the military. Some of that info is likely to be classified. Data collection about solar weather doesn't live in a vacuum, it's shared and processed.

In Ohio, along with other states we experienced mystery power outages. No explanation was given, but boom, power failures in many locations. Check this out:

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aler ... d-warnings

Space Weather Message Code: WARK06
Serial Number: 420
Issue Time: 2018 Aug 26 1614 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-Index of 6 expected
Valid From: 2018 Aug 26 1613 UTC
Valid To: 2018 Aug 26 1800 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G2 - Moderate

NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at
www.swpc.noaa.gov/noaa-scales-explanation

Potential Impacts: Area of impact primarily poleward of 55 degrees Geomagnetic Latitude.
Induced Currents - Power grid fluctuations can occur. High-latitude power systems may experience voltage alarms.
Spacecraft - Satellite orientation irregularities may occur; increased drag on low Earth-orbit satellites is possible.
Radio - HF (high frequency) radio propagation can fade at higher latitudes.
Aurora - Aurora may be seen as low as New York to Wisconsin to Washington state.
Karmamatterz

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:28 am

Karmamatterz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am wrote:The presence of the FBI would generally happen for a crime that was committed.

Generally, I'd agree, but it's hard to forget those odd exceptions, like showing up for Paul Wellstone's plane crash which was totally just one of those accidents. The FBI's decades-long, abundantly documented role as FedGov Coverup Mechanics is proof they've got more latitude than that.

FBI's NM branch office is in Albuquerque, but it's interesting that witness statements involve lines like "There was a black hawk helicopter, a bunch of people running around antennas and work crews on towers but nobody would tell us anything"

Interesting because Holloman AFB is quite close to the observatory -- that's probably where this was staged from. It's worth considering the FBI guys were just there as window dressing for the benefit of witnesses and this is not an FBI operation at all.

Today's Spin: https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/te ... s/5069947/

'Telescope did not see aliens,' but Sunspot mystery continues

Megan Abundis
September 13, 2018 10:12 PM

SUNSPOT, NEW MEXICO – The mystery surrounding the evacuation of a small mountainous area in Southern New Mexico has led to a lot of conspiracy theories.

The Sunspot Solar Observatory is blocked by a line of caution tape. Officials with the observatory say they are investigating a security incident.

Local law enforcement said the FBI is the agency investigating, but they remain in the dark.

“The FBI has not contacted us. We don't know what they took, what their reason for being there was. We have no information on it," said Sgt. Jon Emery of the Otero County Sheriff’s Office.

Residents who have been evacuated said they haven’t gotten many answers either.

“It is very frustrating being out of our home. I will say that and I can't wait until this is over," Sean Williams said.

He’s heard about the conspiracy theories flooding the internet.

“Boy, people come up with some outlandish stuff," he said. “An alien landed here."

However, James McAteer, a New Mexico State University professor who is also the director of the Sunspot Solar Observatory said the “telescope did not see aliens. All data will be made public in its unaltered form. Nothing is hidden or kept secret."

The FBI has not commented on the investigation.

Evacuees said they have not been told when they could possibly return home.

"My feeling is it’s going to be something stupid and small and minuscule when it’s all said and done but we will see,” Williams said.

My feeling is this will be patched into the "Russiagate" narrative, something about "computer servers."
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am

a girl only has so much time...I'm busy with Pauly this morning

do I need the green, probably :)

I really like this OP Karmamatterz ...thanks for posting
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Karmamatterz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

It could easily be something as simple as an errant missile from White Sands. The Holloman connection is well established, practically right next door except for a few desert mountains.

http://www.mybaseguide.com/air_force/35 ... iate_units

Army Air Operations Division
Air support for White Sands Missile Range is provided by the Army Air Operations Directorate located at Holloman. Eight UH-1H and four OH-58C helicopters provide aerial observation, photography, personnel and cargo transportation and missile recovery support. Helicopters also provide support as airborne test beds for experimental missions. A twin-engine airplane, C-12D is used for direct testing and for longer-range transportation of passengers and cargo. Army Air also furnishes aviation support for all range users.
Karmamatterz

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:45 pm

If the FBI's been there for a week, nobody's talking.

Iamwhomiam

Next

Return to General Discussion