Garland asked to probe perjury allegations against Kavanaugh

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Garland asked to probe perjury allegations against Kavan

Postby Cordelia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh’s hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

JFC, she had not just one drunk, out-of-control boy-man on top of her but another jumping on him (both athletes). No doubt she was suffocating and her fear of death was justified.

She passed a polygraph. Her therapist confirmed her story and has the session notes from six years ago...maybe I'm naive but I can't see Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing surviving the week.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Glenn Greenwald

Just a reminder that Dianne Feinstein had this letter and kept it a secret, refusing to show even Dems on the Committee, until @ryangrim reported that she had it. What did she do with it? Did she investigate or try to even talk to Christine Blasey Ford?
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1 ... 3771502592

just a reminder Greenwald you are an asshole ....check the facts babe before you open your piehole

You're saying Feinstein should have betrayed Ford's express wishes? Is this how you treat a source? .....Reality Winner???

Kavanaugh just hired law firm specializing in defending companies like Pfizer and Philip Morris in class action suits.

Senate Democrats Are Suing The National Archives To Get Brett Kavanaugh's Records
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zo ... s-archives
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Maybe, "TMI" but I just had a friend divulge to me last night what happened to her when she was 15. She has never told anyone. I have little time to ever think of this Kavanaugh fuck.

Anyway, the topic was not politics at all. But our pasts. Here's the thing, please don't be triggered! Please. This is just a story that she was super nervous to tell me. She told me she got gang raped by three people at a party she thinks I was at. She said she left the party with them though. That is where it happened. When she left. So, I do not remember. It gets uglier, but I ain't getting into that. The point has been gotten.

This fuck shall not sit on the Supreme Court. That kind of conduct happened all the fucking time. He WAS ONE OF THEM.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 pm

there will be a hearing on Monday with Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford testifying

oh and the FBI will have to be investigating :)
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

I'm hearing humors Kavanaugh will not last past the weekend :P

what's the prob Kavy don't want Ford to testify in public about your rapeyness?

don't want the letter from her doctor detailing what she told years ago about you?

and those 64 women signed that letter months ago
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 am

^^^ :thumbsup

Trump just gets weirder and weirder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J_eiMfDvE0

I hope it plays out in whatever way works best for Ford; she's lived with this for 30+ years.

(The emperor's new Farrah Fawcett wig...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20dhgfP9VA

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Mazie Hirono: "I just want to say to the men of this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change."

Robert Costa

... McConnell is the one who early on thought Judge Thapar would be best choice, but went along w/ WH. Now, as process cracks open, he's asserting himself even as he remains a team player. Allies tell me his priority is the SCOTUS seat, not protecting Kavanaugh every news cycle.

Sen. Susan Collins

I'm writing to the Chairman & RM of Judiciary Cmte respectfully recommending that at Monday’s hearing, counsel for Prof. Ford be allocated time to question Judge Kavanaugh & counsel for the Judge be granted equal time to question Prof. Ford, followed by questions from Senators.

Three Dem senators ask White House Counsel Don McGahn in letter about Kavanaugh allegations: “What details did you have about these allegations before they were public?”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Fuck him but give him enough rope...

September 18 at 4:26 PM

“I feel so badly that he’s going through this,” Trump said during a news conference at the White House. “This is not a man who deserves this.”

Trump called Kavanaugh “a great gentleman” and lamented that his wife and daughters are experiencing the public airing of accusations that Trump said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) should have brought up ealier in his confirmation process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 7de79738cd

Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Mark Judge, Possible Witness to Alleged Brett Kavanaugh Sexual Assault, Does Not Want to Testify

The third person identified by Christine Blasey Ford as having been present in the room during what she alleged was a sexual assault by Judge Brett Kavanaugh wants no part of the Judiciary Committee proceedings.

“I did not ask to be involved in this matter nor did anyone ask me to be involved,” Judge said in a statement relayed to the committee by his lawyer.

“In fact, I have no memory of this alleged incident. Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school, but I do not recall the party described in Dr. Ford’s letter,” he said. “More to the point, I never saw Brett act in the manner Dr. Ford describes.”

Senate Democrats have called for Judge to be invited to testify given that he was identified as having been a witness to the alleged sexual misconduct, which Ford said took place while the three were high schoolers in 1982.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... nt-testify

Maybe not the best choice of words from he who...

The alleged witness in the Kavanaugh case wrote a memoir about his own schoolboy days as blackout drunk.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... n-alcohol/

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Ford wants FBI investigation before testifying
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/18/poli ... ssion=true

Dr. Ford is getting death threats, and she and her family have gone into hiding.

emptywheel
@emptywheel
·
39m
To get a judge that will outlaw abortion on SCOTUS a bunch of nutjobs are apparently threatening to kill a woman.
Quote Tweet
MJ Lee
@mj_lee
Banks says for the last two days, Ford has been “deflecting death threats and harrassment” and figuring out “where they’re going to sleep at night.”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Cordelia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:44 am

Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am

Verified account @realDonaldTrump
2h2 hours ago

I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents
. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

:wallhead:

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm

BRETT KAVANAUGH’S CHARACTER WITNESSES: KEN STARR, BILL SHINE, AND DONALD TRUMP

September 21, 2018/5 Comments/in Law /by emptywheel
Over the last week, some pretty curious character witnesses have come out to insist that Brett Kavanaugh is a nice man who would never sexually assault someone else.

First, there’s Ken Starr, who judged that Christine Blasey Ford had had her opportunity to come forward and had not done so, and so “the matter has adjourned.”

As someone who’s interested in process and fairness, obviously any allegation of this nature is an unfortunate serious allegation, but to be honest, I was outraged about the timing, as well as the process, that the letter, about something long ago, was in the hands of — you covered it very well — of the Democrats in July, and yet there is nothing done about this. I just think it’s too late for there to be any serious consideration at this stage. The matter has adjourned. You had your opportunity to come forward and you failed to do that year after year after year.

Starr was forced to resign as president of Baylor University in 2016 for his role in covering up sexual assault committed by members of the football team. The report that led to his firing specifically talked about a culture of victim-blaming on behalf of administrators.

In addition, the investigations were conducted in the context of a broader culture and belief by many administrators that sexual violence “doesn’t happen here.” Administrators engaged in conduct that could be perceived as victim-blaming, focusing on the complainant’s choices and actions, rather than robustly investigating the allegations, including the actions of the respondent.

Then, yesterday, Bill Shine said that the White House stands by Kavanaugh 100%.

“We stand behind Judge Kavanaugh 100 percent,” Bill Shine, deputy WH chief of staff for communications, told us a few minutes ago in the Rose Garden. He did not say whether Kavanaugh should testify alone on Monday.

Shine was forced to resign from Fox News in 2017 after he was accused of attacking the victims of Roger Ailes’ sexual harassment.

In a case settled in December (the dollar figure is under wraps), Shine was accused of retaliating against a woman who declined to have a sexual relationship with Ailes. In another lawsuit, a woman who complained to Shine about Ailes’ behavior said he told her that he was “a very powerful man” and that she “needed to let this one go.” A third woman, who said she was psychologically tortured by Ailes for 20 years, was, at one point sent to live in a hotel for six weeks where senior leaders at Fox could “monitor” her. She claims that Shine reviewed all of her emails, which he denies.

Finally, this morning, Donald Trump joined in, both defending Kavanaugh’s honesty and (echoing Starr’s line) suggesting that because Ford didn’t file a police report, the attack must not have happened.

This defense of an alleged abuser mirrors the ones Trump made for Rob Porter, in which he complained that mere allegations shattered his life before hailing the good job he did at the White House.

We found out about it recently, and I was surprised by it, but we certainly wish him well, and it’s a tough time for him. He did a very good job when he was in the White House, and we hope he has a wonderful career, and he will have a great career ahead of him. But it was very sad when we heard about it, and certainly he’s also very sad now. He also, as you probably know, says he’s innocent, and I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he’s innocent, so you have to talk to him about that, but we absolutely wish him well. He did a very good job when he was at the White House.

According to Bob Woodward’s book (which relied heavily on Porter as a source), Kavanaugh recommended Porter for his old position as Staff Secretary.

And also the defense he mounted for Roy Moore, where he emphasized Moore’s denials even while continuing to campaign for him.

“He denies it. Look, he denies it,” Trump said of Moore. “If you look at all the things that have happened over the last 48 hours. He totally denies it. He says it didn’t happen. And look, you have to look at him also.”

To be sure, with Kavanaugh there’s no hint of serial abuse, as there was when Trump took the side of both Porter and Moore. Which is why Republicans should be really cautious about who comes out in defense of Kavanaugh. Because his character witnesses damn him as much as his unconvincing denials.
https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/09/21/k ... ald-trump/
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Montgomery MD PD Chief Tom Manger confirms that they are prepared to investigate sexual allegations against Brett Kavanaugh if a complaint is filed by the victim and they confirm the assault took place in their county.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Dr. Ford accepts request to appear next week

let the games begin!

the FBI is investigating death threats against Dr. Ford

Michael Bromwich, the former DOJ Inspector General, has formerly joined Christine Blasey Ford's legal team. He also currently represents Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to SLAD Newswire