"I REALLY DON'T CARE. DO U?"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: "I REALLY DON'T CARE. DO U?"

Postby Elvis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:56 pm

President Donald Trump admitted on Fox News that he's been too busy to get a birthday gift for his wife

"Maybe I didn't get her so much."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/26/politics ... index.html
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:14 am

Blue » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 pm wrote:
I agree about the King Con Man's punishment (eww ick she might have to sit on a plastic chair and touch one of them) and it is an interesting angle but I don't think she's smart enough to do the "fuck you" thing. She's a vapid fembot. Trainable, obviously.

She does! Touching new video from the White House. :snoring: Her message is in black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_CpbP8w6Y
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby 82_28 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:19 am

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:33 am

^^^
Thanks--I couldn't find a barf emoticon!

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Asta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Um, I don't think she's wearing any panties in the photo on page 1 posted by Cordilia. Certainly is bare-legged. Gotta love the heels, though. Red soles, souls...

And The Jacket, well, there's nothing subtle about that. She wears what she feels. Stockholm Syndrome maybe, she's resigned to the cult she married into.
Asta

Postby Jerky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Asta » 01 Jul 2018 19:20 wrote:Um, I don't think she's wearing any panties in the photo on page 1 posted by Cordilia. Certainly is bare-legged. Gotta love the heels, though. Red soles, souls...

And The Jacket, well, there's nothing subtle about that. She wears what she feels. Stockholm Syndrome maybe, she's resigned to the cult she married into.

Those red-soled shoes are, I believe, Jimmy Choos? There's a brand famous for them anyway.

As for the underwear, ALL the fancy ladies wear thongs now, to ensure no VPL (visible pantie line).

Jerky
Jerky

Postby Asta » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:53 pm

I guess I'm just not fancy. Old school. Clean underwear in case I'm in an accident.

Ancient manners.
Asta

Postby Cordelia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Trumping Claire Underwood's Style.

ImageImage

Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:13 am

Melania Trump says the message on her controversial 'I really don't care. Do U?' jacket was meant for 'the left-wing media who are criticizing me'

First Lady Melania Trump talked about the jacket she wore to an immigration facility in June that bore the message, "I don't really care, do U?," during a candid interview with ABC News that aired Friday night.

"The jacket," Melania said with a smile. "You know, I often asking myself, if I would not wear that jacket if I will have so much media coverage."

In June, the first lady made headlines when she made a surprise visit to a Health and Human Services-funded immigration facility that housed migrant children in McAllen, Texas. During her trip, she was photographed wearing an olive green jacket with the words "I really don't care, do U?" printed on the back.

Trump was criticized over that message. Critics deemed it insensitive, considering the circumstances surrounding her visit. Her trip came amid the fierce backlash from President Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" immigration policy that resulted in children being separated from their parents at the US-Mexico border.

During her interview that aired Friday, she insisted it was "obvious" the jacket's message was not "for the children": "I wore the jacket to go on the plane and off the plane."

MORE...https://www.businessinsider.com/melania-trump-zara-jacket-message-i-dont-really-care-do-u-immigration-border-2018-10

Good that she finally explained her strategy and can focus now on her 'Be Best' anti-bullying campaign.

"I could say that I'm the most bullied person in the world."

:doh:

Cordelia

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 am

Be Best Melania

her ‘Out of Africa’ wardrobe

I’m sorry, Melania, it’s just really hard to listen to a woman when she’s wearing the clothes of one of the most famous fictional Nazis of all time. Call me crazy

Then, in Nairobi, she wore safari trousers, brown boots over her trousers, a white shirt and that helmet. (Seriously, where does one even buy a pith helmet these days? White Saviours R Us?) So, in other words, for her trip to Africa, Melania Trump’s mood board ran from movie Nazi to old-timey colonialist. Really, she makes it look so effortless.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3659926
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby chump » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:46 am

chump

Postby Cordelia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 am

She needed the helmet to better blend w/the zebras.

Why it matters that Melania Trump wore a pith helmet on her trip to Africa

Elizabeth Wellington

As the world knows, first lady Melania Trump took a safari in Kenya on Friday in a pair of slim-fitting khakis, knee-length boots, a crisp white shirt, and — topping it all off — a hard white hat of the type made popular by colonizers.

The offending accessory has a name. It's called a pith helmet, and it shows up in pop culture all the time in stories like Tarzan, where Africans are depicted as savages tamed at the hands of Europeans.

Laura Seay, an assistant professor at Colby College who studies African politics, told NPR that in some cases pith helmets were worn because colonialists were afraid of high levels of radiation in the tropics. (That unscientific theory, like many built on ignorance, was eventually debunked.) They were routinely worn by colonial military personnel.

Frankly, I'm tired of writing about the drama tangential to the Trump White House. As with the president's Twitter feed, we focus on the lady Trump's fashion — and move away from the issues at hand.

I want to ignore her. Why give this woman any more ink or, more important, any of my precious time?

But the reality is we can't afford to look away because these outfits are costumes of white supremacy. And we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't see them as such.

The optics are important, and the first lady's handlers are keenly aware of this. They are yet another dog whistle for the white-supremacist fringe who'd prefer not to see people of color in "their" country, and if they do would rather they be the help.

On Saturday, journalists asked Trump about her Friday ensemble. And standing in front of Egypt's Great Sphinx in yet another white hat — this one more favored historically by segregationists rather than colonizers — she told reporters "I wish people focus on what I do, not what I wear."

Oh, for the love of God.

This is from the first lady who carefully curates everything, starting with her appearance in a powder-blue Jackie Kennedy-esque ensemble at President Trump's inauguration and extending to that Zara drawstring jacket emblazoned with the words "I really don't care, do u?"

So I won't — no, I can't — ignore this Columbus Day weekend choice to promote her "Be Best" campaign wearing khaki-hued ensembles inextricably linked to some of the world's most violent colonizers.

Visiting the center of the slave trade, including Ghana's Cape Coast Castle, the former model posed as though she were in a fashion magazine center spread, wearing the outfits of men who'd committed some of world history's most awful monstrosities.

But she wasn't in a make-believe world created by fashion directors to entice us to buy clothes. This were real life images embracing colonialism.

Traditionally, it is the first lady who acts as the well-dressed conscience of the country. She represents what she wants America to be to the world. She is the country's face of kindness. She is what America aspires to be.

God help us all.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/columnist ... 81008.html

God really can't help us.

Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:06 pm

But visiting Africa? No.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Gotta love the nonchalant tie flung over a shoulder. Sure it wasn't intended and it gives her the masculine swagger chic Mike Pompeo can't deliver as well.

(Or Donald, if that really matters, who uses scotch tape to keep his tie in front.)

Cordelia

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Worth pointing out that there is some sort of beautiful resonance between pith helmet as speculative protector of European brains against "tropical radiation" and the classic tin foil helmet. Great moments in white paranoia.....
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion