What's going on?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What's going on?

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 pm

identity » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:45 pm wrote: (But really – and this has been mentioned elsewhere here recently, I believe – does a thread really "belong" to anyone once it has been created? It seems to be a misapplication of the concept of intellectual property in a capitalist system; it could be looked at more along the lines of a melody created and shared in, say, medieval times or in a folk/traditional musical culture: no one would think to claim ownership over the melody, and it would inevitably be modified, embellished, and put to different uses by any number of different people without complaint. Don't see why that model could not apply here as well.)

Indeed. I alluded along similar lines previously:

Belligerent Savant » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:29 pm wrote: I've never suggested for anyone not to post in any of "my" threads (I place "my" in quotes because I don't keep track of posts I start here - I don't claim ownership of them; once i post here, whether an OP or a reply, it becomes part of the whole, part of the discourse. Clearly, there is a difference in philosophy and intent Re: impetus for contributing in this forum), so please don't misrepresent or attempt to lump members into facile categories.

Again, I never had an issue with anyone here at a personal level. I know no one here personally.
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 pm

a thread that had over a dozen off topic replies also was the last time 2012 Countdown posted at RI he did not care to post at a website that allowed someone to personally attack him for no reason whatsoever

seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:49 pm wrote:actually the most trouble I have is with UK men :D

the owning part ....one time I asked a mod if he could ask a person to stop posting in my thread because that person was just derailing it over and over with help from his friends, I was told NO I could not do that but just the other day I was told I could NOT post in someone's thread because the author did not want me in it and the mod obliged so there is an inequity that I can not do anything about

identity » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:45 pm wrote:
again it is really nice to be able to politely sensibly actually talk to someone about this

Maybe you have difficulty, for some reason, communicating clearly with American men (and they with you)?

In any case, point taken about issues posting in others' threads. (But really – and this has been mentioned elsewhere here recently, I believe – does a thread really "belong" to anyone once it has been created? It seems to be a misapplication of the concept of intellectual property in a capitalist system; it could be looked at more along the lines of a melody created and shared in, say, medieval times or in a folk/traditional musical culture: no one would think to claim ownership over the melody, and it would inevitably be modified, embellished, and put to different uses by any number of different people without complaint. Don't see why that model could not apply here as well.)
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby identity » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 pm

seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:49 pm wrote:
actually the most trouble I have is with UK men

Understandable. Buncha hooligans! (Cornwallians excepted)

the owning part ....one time I asked a mod if he could ask a person to stop posting in my thread because that person was just derailing it over and over with help from his friends, I was told NO I could not do that but just the other day I was told I could NOT post in someone's thread because the author did not want me in it and the mod obliged so there is an inequity that I can not do anything about

Well, it goes without saying that there should not be double standards like that.

An option you might explore is to create an omnibus thread in Data and Research (like many here, I see everything via View Active Threads, so it's not really like it would be hidden away there for the few dozen inmates still incarcerated here...). I'm sure you could post in there to your heart's content without interference.
identity

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 pm

you know I had started to do that, move all my threads to the Data Dump but then Jack complained that I was starting too many new threads there :shrug:

so I just gave up on that idea

I did start a few OPs in the Data Dump instead of in GD

here is the last RI post of my friend Countdown one of 6 friends that no longer post here because of the nasty anyone that is my friend and comes to support me is met with unwarranted attacks and they have just had enough of it ...peartree is the latest

2012 Countdown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:16 pm wrote:
MacCruiskeen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:12 pm wrote:
2012 Countdown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:03 pm wrote:...

Slad, Elvis, 82_28, lots of us back in the day.

What a creepy crawler you are.

Right, now you have the backup to bullshit you were waiting for.

You jokers can mentally masterbate by yourselves.

SLAD-, I came to support you. Thank you for keeping up the fight. This place is poisoned.

here's another aimed at me

Belligerent Savant » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:08 pm wrote:
It's uncanny, your continued misrepresentations, your perpetual strawman arguments, your re-framing of points raised by others (and of course, the solipsistic self-reference).

If it's a form of performance art/trolling: it's somewhat impressive.
If it's a lack of reading comprehension, my condolences.

Enjoy these virtual/avatar friends of yours.

I am not doing performance art or trolling

I can read and comprehend

solipsistic ...that's a cute one

that virtual avatar he is talking about was peartree a real person that I know quite well and now he is gone from here also

and I do actually have real friends here or at least I did have more than I do now ...now we are friends off of this board, they won't come back
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby identity » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:29 am

you know I had started to do that, move all my threads to the Data Dump but then Jack complained that I was starting too many new threads there

Yeah, but if someone (like Jack or me) has View Active Threads as their RI home page, then once again every new thread you create is going to appear on the first page, so that doesn't really solve the problem if you are creating multiple threads on what is essentially one overarching topic.

SLAD, you have been lovingly tending the Nuclear Meltdown Watch thread for over 8 years now (for which I am grateful!). I don't think anyone has ever complained about your periodic updates to that thread, as new developments arise (in Japan and elsewhere). I don't think that you've posted anything about nuclear threats anywhere but in that one thread since you created it. And it doesn't seem like you have felt that your freedom has been curtailed by restricting your posting about nuclear matters to that thread, and only in that thread. What harm would there be in likewise concentrating all your posts on your country's president and those involved with him in one thread? I for one like having all the Fukushima posts in one place instead of scattered all over the place, and perhaps others would appreciate having all your work on other matters concentrated in single mega-threads.

This is, after all, an international forum based in Canada, but even that doesn't mean that the readership would here appreciate new threads (from multiple posters) popping up all the time about Justin Trudeau (and even the Canadians here probably wouldn't appreciate it, given how little attention he gets in this forum as it is). Perhaps you still are thinking that RI is (still?) a going concern and can have an impact on the world at large, and so it's important to plaster the corruption and evildoings of those in power all over the first page. But as I stated earlier – and as should be obvious to anyone who occasionally glances at the number of page views – there are not more than a few dozen people here total, and many of them do not live or vote in the U.S. So, truth be told, nothing I, you, or anyone else here posts is likely to have ANY impact whatsoever on the way things go in the world at large (nothing, really, apart from educating/informing the few dozen peeps still doing penance here). And don't feel that I'm singling you out regarding this issue: I would prefer if others also kept their posts on specific subjects within single threads. No one seems to have a problem doing that with Fukushima, why can't they also do it with Mr. T. and company? (And yes, I am aware that at the moment the main page is not overflowing with threads on that subject from you, but there are some, and more on the second page, and then threads created by others as well, so the number does add up.)

Anyway, please think about your careful cultivation of the Fukushima thread and how that may be, ultimately, a better model for how both you and others might more fruitfully proceed through the turbulent waters of RI.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 am

identity » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 am wrote:you know I had started to do that, move all my threads to the Data Dump but then Jack complained that I was starting too many new threads there

Yeah, but if someone (like Jack or me) has View Active Threads as their RI home page, then once again every new thread you create is going to appear on the first page, so that doesn't really solve the problem if you are creating multiple threads on what is essentially one overarching topic.

SLAD, you have been lovingly tending the Nuclear Meltdown Watch thread for over 8 years now (for which I am grateful!). I don't think anyone has ever complained about your periodic updates to that thread, as new developments arise (in Japan and elsewhere). I don't think that you've posted anything about nuclear threats anywhere but in that one thread since you created it. And it doesn't seem like you have felt that your freedom has been curtailed by restricting your posting about nuclear matters to that thread, and only in that thread. What harm would there be in likewise concentrating all your posts on your country's president and those involved with him in one thread? I for one like having all the Fukushima posts in one place instead of scattered all over the place, and perhaps others would appreciate having all your work on other matters concentrated in single mega-threads.

This is, after all, an international forum based in Canada, but even that doesn't mean that the readership would here appreciate new threads (from multiple posters) popping up all the time about Justin Trudeau (and even the Canadians here probably wouldn't appreciate it, given how little attention he gets in this forum as it is). Perhaps you still are thinking that RI is (still?) a going concern and can have an impact on the world at large, and so it's important to plaster the corruption and evildoings of those in power all over the first page. But as I stated earlier – and as should be obvious to anyone who occasionally glances at the number of page views – there are not more than a few dozen people here total, and many of them do not live or vote in the U.S. So, truth be told, nothing I, you, or anyone else here posts is likely to have ANY impact whatsoever on the way things go in the world at large (nothing, really, apart from educating/informing the few dozen peeps still doing penance here). And don't feel that I'm singling you out regarding this issue: I would prefer if others also kept their posts on specific subjects within single threads. No one seems to have a problem doing that with Fukushima, why can't they also do it with Mr. T. and company? (And yes, I am aware that at the moment the main page is not overflowing with threads on that subject from you, but there are some, and more on the second page, and then threads created by others as well, so the number does add up.)

Anyway, please think about your careful cultivation of the Fukushima thread and how that may be, ultimately, a better model for how both you and others might more fruitfully proceed through the turbulent waters of RI.

I treat the Fukushima thread like I treat ALL my threads I keep up with them some people do not like certain threads I can not help what they think or what they do, I am doing exactly what I have done for 15 years, the same thing I was doing at Democratic Underground where I met Jeff and he saw how I was posting and what I was posting and he invited me here and did not put restrictions on either. A couple people here spend their time following me around trashing me day after day year after year I guess that is what they have time for what they chose to spend their time doing I spend my time keeping up with information about certain topics If those people want to continue and spend there time up my butt it is their choice I have other things to do. I have learned very little information from those people only their point of view about me that's their main concern here. A couple members spend all their time trying to get other members banned or just following me around throwing hissy fits like toddlers do, I should try to remember how I treated all my toddlers growing up stand and just watch them spin on the floor until they just tire themselves out. I have other priorities

these are some of my threads that I will continue to keep track of until the day I leave here

Palestine
War on Women
Inside the World of Cambridge Analytica
Zionism’s Lost Shine
Deutsche Bank: A Global Bank for Oligarchs
Who Poisoned Alexander Litvinenko? Radioactive thallium link
Edward Snowden, American Hero
US troops surround Syria on the eve of invasion?
The White Man’s Last Tantrum?
Google Eats the World
Betrayal of trust 368 youth gymnasts 20 years 115 Adults
The Real Question: Who Didn't Have Sex with Neanderthals?
Marijuana legalization is popular, more popular than Trump.
Flint Water Crisis Timeline
Torture Report
Rock musician's encounter with entities
Investigating Saudi Government 9/11 Connection
The first global cyber war has begun
POISON IN THE SYSTEM
The Criminal N.S.A.
Islamophobia American Style
FBI agent kills man linked to Boston bombing suspects
Who Are Jim Mitchell And Bruce Jessen?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Check out the latest thread from Mr. Jerky, a full copy-paste of an article from William Kristol's new Project, something called The Bulwark.

I shall avoid posting the comment there, but link.
http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/ ... 46#p678863

The publication in question is forthright about its provenance and positioning. Bulwark of what? The staff suggests PNAC 2019, or a sinecure for The Exiles of Foxnews.

Do you think such well-informed posters as Jerky would know about that?

Though Kristol should be in a cell at the Hague a couple down from Bush's, it's okay for these evil old imperialist war-creating retreads (Mona Charen!) to have their little site with more dollars than readers. Sure.

The most objectionable lie is in the pose that these neocons are defending the "liberal democracy" they have done so much to destroy.

But I guess pretending to be a liberal democrat is fitting, given that this is also the pose of the one posting this minor and uninformative bit of polemic on RI.

The Bulwark Masthead

Photo for Charlie Sykes
Charlie Sykes
FOUNDER, EDITOR-AT-LARGE

Photo for Jonathan V. Last
Jonathan V. Last
EXECUTIVE EDITOR

Photo for Jim Swift
Jim Swift
SENIOR EDITOR

Photo for Benjamin Parker
Benjamin Parker
SENIOR EDITOR

Photo for Hannah Yoest
Hannah Yoest
ART DIRECTOR

Photo for Barry Rubin
Barry Rubin
SENIOR VIDEO EDITOR

Photo for Sarah Longwell
Sarah Longwell
PUBLISHER

Photo for William Kristol
William Kristol
EDITOR-AT-LARGE

Mona Charen is a nationally syndicated columnist, a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center, and a contributor to The Bulwark. She is a best-selling author of three books: Useful Idiots (2003), Do-Gooders (2004), and Sex Matters (2018). She formerly worked in the White House Office of Public Liaison under Ronald Reagan and as a speechwriter for Nancy Reagan.

Molly Jong-Fast is a contributor to The Bulwark and the author of three books.

Tim Miller [author of the piece Jerky posted] is a contributor to The Bulwark and a communications consultant. He previously served as senior advisor to the anti-Trump Our Principles PAC, communications director for Jeb Bush, and spokesman for the Republican National Committee.

Richard North Patterson is a lawyer, political commentator and best-selling novelist. He is a former chairman of Common Cause, a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and serves on the board of the Renew Democracy Initiative, a bipartisan group dedicated to defending the principles of liberal democracy at home and abroad.

Kim Wehle is a contributor to The Bulwark. She is also a professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law and a former assistant U.S. attorney and associate independent counsel in the Whitewater investigation and author of How to Read the Constitution and Why (Harper Collins).
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:07 am

Jerky has always been far right of Eisenhower. Right, MOF?
stickdog99

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:20 am

My my. Well, at least the reactionaries are open about it, amirite. How come it's always the rightwingers that are also the most sadistic and mean-spirited of them all, with the powers of projection to match?
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:13 am

^^Mind you're langauge, bud, take better care with yr words, no nastyness or peronal attacks, remember Jeffs wishes, anything goes bro, all words are welcome here, that is what Rigouros Intuition means.

Jerky » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 am wrote:
Elvis » 30 Nov 2017 03:00 wrote:
Jerky wrote:Julian Assange deserves every bad thing that is about to happen to him... and worse. Far, far worse.

Unbelievable. Just nuts. :starz:

I feel the same way about the fact that there are people who still trust that bleach-headed piece of crap.

Unless you're one of those who thinks the very idea of America belongs on the trash heap of history, and you're eager to get to a world led by Chinese style technocratic totalitarian command capitalism surrounded by various conglomo-states based on ethnic identity and shored up by little more than isolationist ideology and WMD stocks, you should be too.

J

But Jerky's restoration is in the interest of all, you know. This place may now be a fascist playground thanks to him, but at least it's a non festering fascist playground of decisions by fiat. I semi got that official.

82_28 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:23 am wrote: ... I saw no reason for the banishment and in the interest of all I made the place a non festering fascist playground of decisions by fiat. Generally speaking I am always going to side on the side of everyone. How does that make me suitable as a mod, I do not know. [...]

*cough*
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 am

I think the membership should know about when 82_28 and I met together right after I became a moderator, and we got around to talking about the forum.

Without any prompting whatsoever from me, the first thing 82 volunteered to me as a new moderator, was what he called "the AD problem" and that AD had been "a problem for years." Then, again with no prompting from me, he said that Jerky was "on permanent probation" by the moderators and it was only a matter of time before Jerky would be banned if he kept up his bad behaviors. Those were the only two persons mentioned. The briefing ended with 82 remarking, "maybe we'll do a big cleanup." We agreed that freedom of expression was paramount, but disputive behaviors would be discouraged and in bad cases disallowed. My entire orientation to the inner workings of being a moderator consisted of this short conversation.

That is very, very different than what 82 is saying today.

Today 82_28 is attributing those views solely to me, but they are his guidance. I learned them from him.

Back home at my computer, I was soon faced with my first moderator decision. The first thing I did was PM 82_28 to make him aware and get his input on what to do or not do. He said he was too busy and to just do what I thought best. From that time forward I was unable to elicit help or input from him, and, as we know, he disappeared from the board for months, not answering messages, leaving me to deal with the pressures alone. Thanks, "bro."

It's ironic that 82_28 reversed by fiat and in secret the same actions he had condoned to me specifically, and after shirking his responsibility for months he now has the gall to crown himself satrap—he still refuses to collaborate—and characterize my work as a "festering fascist playground of decisions by fiat." (Did Jerky write that for you?)

Another irony is that if 82_28 had simply talked to me, I would have agreed to the reinstatements. We would have carried them out properly and decently and none of this shitshow would have happened.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby RocketMan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 am

Curiouser and curiouser.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Cordelia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:48 am

^^^Yes, and crazier. Elvis should be the sole moderator, for now anyway. Err on the side of sanity.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Cordelia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am wrote:^^^Yes, and crazier. Elvis should be the sole moderator, for now anyway. Err on the side of sanity.

Seconded. I just don't get how this could even happen. Seriously, it's appalling. Why was it so important to 82_28 to get AD back in here three months early that he would start a fucking palace coup against the actual moderator, Elvis, organise everything behind the board's back with a tiny gang of creeps, and continue refusing to answer anyone's questions?

It's not just deeply nasty behavior, the whole situation is totally ridiculous. An RI moderator has to be able to write comprehensible English prose, for a start.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Elvis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:11 am wrote:I think the membership should know about when 82_28 and I met together right after I became a moderator, and we got around to talking about the forum.

Without any prompting whatsoever from me, the first thing 82 volunteered to me as a new moderator, was what he called "the AD problem" and that AD had been "a problem for years." Then, again with no prompting from me, he said that Jerky was "on permanent probation" by the moderators and it was only a matter of time before Jerky would be banned if he kept up his bad behaviors. Those were the only two persons mentioned. The briefing ended with 82 remarking, "maybe we'll do a big cleanup." We agreed that freedom of expression was paramount, but disputive behaviors would be discouraged and in bad cases disallowed. My entire orientation to the inner workings of being a moderator consisted of this short conversation.

That is very, very different than what 82 is saying today.

Today 82_28 is attributing those views solely to me, but they are his guidance. I learned them from him.

Back home at my computer, I was soon faced with my first moderator decision. The first thing I did was PM 82_28 to make him aware and get his input on what to do or not do. He said he was too busy and to just do what I thought best. From that time forward I was unable to elicit help or input from him, and, as we know, he disappeared from the board for months, not answering messages, leaving me to deal with the pressures alone. Thanks, "bro."

It's ironic that 82_28 reversed by fiat and in secret the same actions he had condoned to me specifically, and after shirking his responsibility for months he now has the gall to crown himself satrap—he still refuses to collaborate—and characterize my work as a "festering fascist playground of decisions by fiat." (Did Jerky write that for you?)

Another irony is that if 82_28 had simply talked to me, I would have agreed to the reinstatements. We would have carried them out properly and decently and none of this shitshow would have happened.

This thread should be a sticky.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion