Rep. Ilhan Omar

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rep. Ilhan Omar

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 pm

seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 pm wrote:
Danielle Stella wrote:@2020MNCongress
Minnesota District 5, I'm challenging @IlhanMN for this seat, to serve the great men, women and children. I will fight for everyone's voice to be heard.

About time someone stood up for the Great Children theory of history.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Karmamatterz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:51 pm

[quoteIlhan is, like many Somalian women I have known, whip-smart and articulate. She also married her brother, and that scandal will explode into more public view once she becomes a liability to her current support network. All in all, hard to see her as anything but an expedient political device for a cold civil war between American and Israeli Jews.][/quote]

Reality check.
Karmamatterz

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm

The Sqaud speaks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_NuKIkSGGY
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Israel fired back today: https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics ... ars-609003

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota-5th) was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran, a Florida court has been told.

The claims came during testimony by Kuwati-born Canadian businessman Alan Bender, who was giving evidence in the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. The Qatari emir's brother stands accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage. His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

Speaking from Toronto by video link, Bender told the Florida District Court that he met with Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs Mohammad bin Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Masnad and two other senior Qatari officials.

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn't for our cash, Ilhan Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends."

Bender testified that the officials asked him to recruit American politicians and journalists as Qatari assets, and that when he objected, was told that several prominent figures were already on the payroll. Omar was described as the "jewel in the crown," he said.

Qatar “recruited Ilhan Omar from even way before she thought about becoming a government official… They groomed her and arranged the foundation, the grounds, for her to get into politics way before she even showed interest. They convinced her,” he added.

"Since the day she was elected, Saudi Arabian trolls and mouthpieces have targeted Omar with misinformation and conspiracy theories," a spokesperson for the Congresswoman wrote in a statement to The Jerusalem Post.

1) Qatar is pretty plausible, but "black Somalian" is a bit much, and "passed to Iran" is over the top
2) For her spokesperson to pivot to Saudi Arabia is hilarious -- Americans are not ready to process inter-Arabic rivalries at all
3) It seems ridiculous to recruit people as assets prior to their public success, but Qatar is rich enough to make that seem less insane. It does, however, clash completely with the history I was talking about a few pages back:

The funding traces back to Jerome Hill, wealthy scion of Minnesota and Yale man who founded a lot of cultural institution nonprofits during the 1960's. I'm fairly sure we all know what usually means, especially given the timeline. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Hill

It's worth considering that, in taking on Israel as she has, she is articulating positions for the Tikkun Olam contingent of American Jews, who are and have been archly critical of Netanyahu's approach to ruling Israel. So it's not like she's standing up alone, here, there is a network for finance, support and cover.

Perhaps Qatar is the latest Safari Club style sponsor for Langley's endlessly proliferating cut-out initiatives?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 pm

For the moment I'm going to rate this story about as likely as Chait's speculation that Trump was recruited as a Russian agent in 1987. Especially right now, in the middle of the impeachment push with all possible distraction bombs flying from many sides.

But let's read the story: A "Kuwaiti-born Canadian businessman," Bender, testifies in the Florida murder trial of a Qatari prince -- by VIDEO LINK from Canada -- as a witness for the plaintiffs. As an extra, Bender throws in a description of how a Qatari spy chief allegedly tried to recruit him to recruit American spies for Qatar. According to Bender, this spy chief delivered a movie-villain monologue, revealing to him the details of the Qatari spy network in America, including the name of their prized Philby, Ilhan Omar. Which totally happened.

Since this story started with an advance preview in the Jerusalem Post, I expect further embroiderments are on the way. We may learn some Qatari foundation money flowed her way in the form of a scholarship at some point, when she was studying at North Dakota State University or University of Minnesota, or helped pay for her training as a nutritionist. That will be called a smoking gun!

WR wrote:For her spokesperson to pivot to Saudi Arabia is hilarious -- Americans are not ready to process inter-Arabic rivalries at all

Right you may be, but remember, Bender's testifying for the prosecution. They want to sentence a Qatari prince for ordering his bodyguard to murder people in Florida (so far no connection constructed to Omar on that bit). So yeah, Saudi provenance is likely, fits with the venue that put out the "scoop" before Bender's testimony, and, OH, let's not stop there. Let's look up Alan Bender.

Here's his Twitter page, with photos of him and Justin Trudeau and him and Canada's hardline-imperialist foreign minister, Freeland.

Here he is (sorry it's FB) being interviewed on CTV about the Khashoggi case as a "businessman with ties to Saudi Arabia's Royal family." Very interesting, give it a watch. It's 2 weeks after Khasshoggi's visit to the embassy and Bender, repeatedly emphasizing his status as an insider to all the ins and outs of the Saudi Arabian state, expresses his certainty that Khasshoggi's still alive and imprisoned in Riyadh. Also, it could be an unrelated in-studio fuck-up, but we repeatedly hear several people laughing, seemingly in response to Bender's claims.

So what's this guy's business?

No ordinary stitch-up.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:47 pm

A sign of things to come, I think.

This is basically using court records to give QANON new material.

There are a lot of actors feeding that mushroom patch right now. Indeed, that's ultimately what will break it, as the motivations and needs of these actors inevitably diverge. Faction, schism, fire burn and cauldron bubble.

The entertainment value is off the charts, of course -- like watching the GLP forum turn into a political party* -- but I do wonder if they'll ever top "Barack Obama was recruited as a teenager to man a secret Martian base and be a guinea pig for time travel experiments."

* Edit: to my shame, I had forgotten that Andrew Basiago already happened in 2016.
Wombaticus Rex

Previous

Return to General Discussion