Update on Bolivian Hijinks and Triston Jay Amero

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Update on Bolivian Hijinks and Triston Jay Amero

Postby Gouda » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:47 am

I cannot find the original thread on this anywhere (disappeared?) but wanted to add a couple of updates on Amero, aka "Lestat Claudius de Orleans y Montevideo" being held in Bolivia on charges of bombing hotels in La Paz. <br><br>1). Amero now has a brief <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triston_Jay_Amero">Wikipedia entry</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->. The entry is short, but does include something which I have never seen before: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Morales said based on intelligence reports that both criminals [he and his wife] work for the CIA."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Wiki does not include a working link to source this. <br><br>2). One website, "Prisonersoverseas" which I read normally yesterday but is accessible today only in google cache, has this to add: <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The current situation as of 14th June 2006.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>A bomb was detonated at the house of the judge presiding this case at the weekend. Nobody was hurt in the attack.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Lestat Montevideo is detained at Chonchocoro Prison in Bolivia. Dawna has been fighting to have his medical records submitted as evidence in the trial. Since his arrest the State Department have disclosed that the Prison Director at Chonchocoro stated that at times Lestat has appeared confused and disoriented and that Lestat had originally requested a psychiatric assessment.<br><br>Lestat was then informed that he would serve 30 yrs in a Bolivian mental aslyum if it was proven he was mentally ill. He has now refused to sign release forms for his medical records. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Although the State Department are fully aware of his mental illness, they refuse to inform the Bolivian authorities.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> They state they would be breaking the “privacy act” and would be acting against Lestat’s wishes. We feel strongly that Lestat is in a unfit mental state to be making any decisions regarding his welfare. We have written directly to the Bolivian authorities regarding his illness but have had no response. It seems that whilst everyone is totally aware of this man’s mental illness he will be sentenced without this evidence presented at his trial. The investigation into the bombing continued even though he was without legal representation.<br><br>His public defender recently resigned as he found Lestat “too difficult to work with”. A new public defender has now been appointed but Dawna is unable to contact her as she does not speak Spanish. It seems the State Department are unable to provide a translator...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> I certainly can't vouch for the credibility of the site or the information therein. The site is down today for some reason, and EZ code is not letting me make a LINK on this board to the google cache. Can be found googling: "Prisonersoverseas + Amero"<br><br><br>3). Another prisoner advocacy site, The <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/case-lestat_montevideo.html">Foreign Prisoners Support Service</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> includes an update from his mother, Dawna: "Dawna wrote to FPSS with a brief update on the case. She says that things are not going too well for him in Bolivia. He had a hearing of sorts, where the prosecutor did a reconstruction of events at the crime scene. There was a large angry crowd who pelted stones at Triston and his Public Defenders. They were demanding his death. We are uncertain what injuries Triston sustained but it would appear obvious that despite the allegations against Triston, it would be most unlikely that he will receive a fair trial."<br><br><br>4). And news item today from the wonderfully authentic FIONA SMITH, Associated Press Writer, <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060621/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/bolivia_us;_ylt=AqrDTQ1OD_Hv0rgbChRw.Wtw24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--">Link Here:</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>U.S. denies sending troops to Bolivia</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>LA PAZ, Bolivia - President Evo Morales drew a sharp denial from the U.S. Embassy when <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>he claimed in a speech that the United States is sending soldiers disguised as students and tourists to Bolivia.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br>...<br><br>Morales said in a speech Tuesday that U.S. Ambassador David Greenlee had sought a meeting with him.<br><br>"I don't know what he's looking to discuss. I'm not at all afraid of talking — or perhaps he's angry," Morales told thousands of poor supporters..."But I also have the right to complain because U.S. soldiers disguised as students and tourists are entering the country,"<br><br>Morales offered no evidence to back his claim. Spokesman Alex Contreras said Morales would provide evidence, though he did not say when...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 6/22/06 5:50 am<br></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Update on Bolivian Hijinks and Triston Jay Amero

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:50 pm

Thanks for the update, Gouda. Sorry, I don't know what happened to the original thread. I can't find it either. <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Eyes in the back of yer head.

Postby slimmouse » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:42 pm

<br><br> Thanks Gouda, for reminding us all of this story.<br><br> You really do need eyes in the back of your head to keep up with all of this <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Eyes in the back of yer head.

Postby Gouda » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:33 am

Yikes, did the 'shadow objectivists' manage to pull the thread?! <br><br>Hoorah, I found it hiding in the google cache (wish scroogle had caches) :<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm41.showMessageRange?topicID=116.topic&start=1&stop=20">p216.ezboard.com/frigorou...=1&stop=20</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Can we somehow try to re-post and/or archive it in full? <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

re: eyes in the back of yer head

Postby rain » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:02 am

and again, THANX GOUDA.<br><br>is it just one of those curious coinkidinks that the T.N.A.C.'s proposed new dollar is called the Amero?<br><br>frogs, little georgie, greenbacks, trists ....<br> <p></p><i></i>
rain

Fiona Smith of American Pravda (AP) a relative of Winston?

Postby ewastud » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Could Fiona Smith of American Pravda (AP) possibly be a relative of Winston Smith (of Orwell's 1984)? <p></p><i></i>
ewastud

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:42 pm

So glad you found <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p216.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm41.showMessage?topicID=116.topic">the link</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->, Gouda.<br><br>It's not just in the cache; it's really all there, fully archived. <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby Gouda » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:06 am

The 'prisonersoverseas' link is working again. The last update: <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://prisonersoverseas.com/?page_id=381">prisonersoverseas.com/?page_id=381</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>UPDATE: (Sun 18th June)<br><br>Dawna received a call from Triston this morning who was extremely distressed. Triston stated that the police had forcefully entered his cell using gas. He says he was beaten, his glasses were smashed and all his items confiscated, including food and bedding. He stated clearly he was in need of medical attention. Three days later and the State Department had still not been to the prison to respond. We have repeatedly written requesting an urgent visit from the US Embassy. We have now been told that they will visit tomorrow after we made the decision to go to the media. This is a man suffering from severe mental illness. <br><br>The US State Department eventually visited Triston after 4 days. They sent an email to Dawna saying that none of the above was true. If this did not happen then this is overwhelming evidence that this man’s illness has declined rapidly and the above is an example of his dillusions and paranoia. Why then will the State Department not request a psychiatric assessment for him. The State Department continue to refuse to discuss this problem with the Bolivian authorities.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 am

Last August, Dawna Scheda (TJ Amero's mother) found herself aquiring the legal services of none other than parapolitical researcher/lawyer Paul Wolf.

FPSS wishes to announce that Mr. Paul Wolf, US Attorney, contacted us last week to inform us that he is providing legal assistance to Lestat's mother, Dawna in the hope of ensuring her son is given a fair trial in Bolivia. The following is an open letter to the First Secretary of the Embassy of Bolivia - 5 August 2006 to which Mr. Paul Wolf has given FPSS permission to post and circulate as required. We are indeed grateful that Mr. Paul Wolf has offered his support. He has a wealth of experience as an advocate of international law.

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisone ... video.html
http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisone ... deo01.html

Many around here know of Paul Wolf. He's put together over 3000 pages of research on
Political and Psychological warfare, COINTELPRO, the OSS, and some thousands more on the deep history of Latin America, Central Asia and the Middle East.

Interesting that he has taken up this particular case.
Gouda

Return to Deep Politics