my conversations with americans...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

my conversations with americans...

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:06 pm

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>this exchange took place in the last 24 hrs, on my blog.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>10 Comments Close this window Collapse comments <br>Anonymous said... <br>Your comments are no surprise to me. I hear it almost everywhere on TV or radio and read it in the printed propoganda outlets such as New,Los Angeles Times. Media outlets the world over (BBC,CNN,MSNBC,CBS,NBC,ABC,NPR and the like) voice complaints similar to yours. Your reference to "The events now in the state remind me of the situation in New Orleans" tipped me off. As I continued to read I thought you would attempt to blame the kidnapping of the three Israli soldiers on George Bush. Or blame the launching of missles on the part of Hezbollah on the American President as well. It isn't anything new. It seems to be the polictical fashion lately. Another fashion is this wanting "To Talk and Negotiate" victory. These terroist militias are not in the business of negotiating peace. They wish to annihilate Isreal. You failed to mention this new and very pronounced motivation in your entry on the part of the Lebonese invaders. Your desire to extend the olive branch of peace to your nieghbors is astonishing! These mistaken freedom fighters would sooner hack your extended arm at the elbow with a dull butchers knife. These extremists have fooled you into a sympathedic stooper. My advise to you.....don't hand them your roses until they are subdued, you're going to need your arm to rebuild Israel. <br><br>12:37 AM <br><br><br>hava said... <br>thank you anonymous commentator. Since you are safely residing, possibly, in the USA, your suggestions are politely dismissed.<br>The warmongering of patriots who are NOT paying the price of their violent suggestions, is one of the issues I was trying to raise here, it you didn't notice.<br>I am prefectly willing to join you over the ocean, and shout "death to arabs" as loud as I can.<br>--<br>The New Orleans comparisson refers to how the Israeli government is responding to Israeli refugees from the north, or other poor people whose lives are devastated by this reckless military adventure. You had better put your dollar where your mouth is, or keep to yourself at this hard moment. War is cheap if its someone else's corpse being "the price". <br><br>1:07 AM <br><br><br>Anonymous said... <br>I am not surprised that you dismiss me. Yes, my home is the U.S. and what is happening to you will soon be happening in my nieghborhood. My age is 45, married 25 years and have 4 children. Your home is under attack and indirectly so is the U.S. It is only a matter of time that this democracy will open itself up to same the kind of liberal sympathy for terrorists. It is just a matter of time that the popular mind set of blaming Israel and the U.S. and negotiating and understanding these poor misrepresented fanatics will come to roost even here in America. No I can't fight this war with weapons. All I have here is my point of view and my own opinion. You choose to live in Isreal and those are your realities not mine this is true. If you wish, this may be your time to put your money where your mouth is and win this war on your terms by negotiating a peace of your own without arms. The heaven that you desire is not here yet. This unfortunate fantasy is what has put your homeland in an exceedingly bad position which may in the end cost you your life. The interests of your people has not been served by understanding your enemy or giving him pieces of Isreal. It has certainly motivated him to continue in his quest. My sympathies lie with persons like you who for some reason keep repeating the same tactic over and over again. Cease fire and negotiate, cease fire and negotiate.....so on and so forth. From this vantage point of freedom I would suggest to you that my worry is that the U.S. may start to negotiate like Israeli's and I might see my nieghborhoods being attacted by terrorists. This liberal mindset is begining to take hold here in California. I have this bad feeling we may be getting a visit from angry Lebanesse,Iraqi's and Arabs in the near future. My hope is that this matter be resolved. My hope is that you survive this too. My hope is to live free, I wish this for you too. Yours, VictorY. <br><br>5:36 PM <br><br><br>hava said... <br>Dear VIctor(Y?)<br>I am assuming you are Jewish, because my post deals with Jewish solidarity, and if you are not, ignore the first part of my response. <br>If you are Jewish american, who lives in the USA and sees it as "your home", then surely, you should be in a serious moral dilema about Israel and Israelis having to sacrifice their lives for your ideals of "jewish survival". I know I would feel awfully guilty if I sat in a nice cozy house and sent others to the ditches, for 60 years now, in the name of "solidarity". this guilt, might create all kinds of weird responses, trying to justify an untenable position. <br>Otherwise, if you are an american who is not jewish, you are making the mistake of assuming you and I are one and the same. We are not. I am not fighting your wars, hopefully, and the arabs are my neighbors for better and worse, with which I live and whom I very much like and am familiar with. for you, this is a distant, alien, culture, whom you know of only in the context of war, mainly war over resources such as oil. the USA has invaded the region for oil, and the entire perception of this culture, by yourself, is tainted by military considerations and propaganda. these people have more in mind than just annoying you. they have been living here for ages, and our languages are very similar, and many values we also share. you can better understand the situation if you think of the USA, particularly California, and Mexico. Sleep on the comparisson for a while and then return to the issue.<br>Last, while I understand that your government is treating Israel as a "strategic asset", you, as a human being, do not have the privilege of treating other people as objects or pawns. I am a real person, and as much as you deserve a life, and not constant suffering for the "honor" of soothing you, and catering for your fears and desire to maintain your lifestyle. <br><br>11:29 PM <br><br><br>Anonymous said... <br>The condescention in your words is thick. You are also in the habit of making assumptions. This habit will keep your mind closed and isolated. What is happening to you is not about you, it's about much more. It is affecting the world. There is a thread of wisdom in your words though and for your sake and mine, I will use those. I am not Jewish, I am Mexican American, born in Mexico. My father is a white American citizen and my mother is a Mexican citizen. My father worked in manufacturing and my mother picked strawberries in agriculture as a loborer. I am a "Half-breed" and have been dismissed by both races. My "Life style" is one of working in the construction trade. I live a lower middle class lifestyle. I work for my living and am grateful to do so. Israelis are not "Sacrificing thier lives" for me. They are being attacted and are defending themselves. Yes, you're correct, we are not one in the same and you are not fighting a war for me. Remember everyone buys oil. And Arab "Royalty" are making out like bandits too. And the Arabs that you speak of fondly as your nieghbors are friendly. For the most part most Arabs would live in peace with Israel if they had it their way. Yet what say do they have in peace? They live under a dictatorship. Yes, Lebanon is more democratic than most other nieghboring Arab nations but as long as Hezbollah is in charge, there is no foothold for democracy or for peace. The Arabs that you speak of respectfully are not radicals but they are not in charge of the region. They are victims of radicalism as you are. Your hosility towards me is misdirected. The fact is that "You" are in a stragic position to bring a new form of governing that Arab nations are not accustomed to......democracy. They have been ruled by Theocracic Regimes and an iron fist. What Israel brings to the region is so new. Look across your borders at how they are not prospering. Look at your home and see the difference, this is not an accident. No I am not an Israeli. I am a half-breed who has managed to rise above his beginings. I will excuse your hostility of me for this reason.....I want peace too. I want the radicals who would disturb that peace subdued and let those of Lebanon live free too. And lastly, this is directed to radical Islam, leave Israel alone. Yours, VictorY <br><br>12:49 AM <br><br><br>hava said... <br>well, i think the patronizing is all yours, not mine. <br>I have written about jewish solidarity, and so i wonder how you stepped into this blog. your mother probably worked too hard to tell you some important truths about life. but, let it be. We are too far apart, and it is not israel's role to bring democracy to the arab world, suffice it to say that jewish herritage is not identical to the US model of democracy and so you don't even know israel that well. don't let the TV pictures decieve you. I will stop this interesting conversation here, and wish you peace. You are welcome to read and comment, and be sure to invite your friends to this blog. <br><br>1:20 AM <br><br><br>Anonymous said... <br>I wish to wish you peace but I can't, you don't have peace for the reasons already mentioned on my part. I suppose to speak to you I must be a Jew and I must be Israeli, maybe I should be female as well. Maybe for you I must also be as critical of Israel as you are. Your parameters of thought are quite small. No thank you, I will not (Be "Stepping into this site) invite others to this site. It is not open to discussion or debate. This site is too dictatorial, narrow and closed fisted. It is apparent to those of us who are watching and observing this (You know, pictures on the T.V.) that the sympathic and understanding explanations of terrorists is taking root in Israel. These Islamic fanatics are experts at manipulating the American Left and American Media outlets nationwide. This is a developement that will serve as the demise of Israel as we know it. This is unfortunate. Your superior inteligence and closed mindedness will be your undoing. I wish to wish you well, but you won't have it. My condolences. Yours, VictorY <br><br>10:37 AM <br><br><br>hava said... <br>hey, you could certainly pass as an israeli, you certainly could fool me into thinking you are one.<br><br>The moslems radicals are not the authors of my views, and in fact long before 1948, there were formidable zionist thinkers who thought the along the ideas I espouse, like Ahad Haam, and later Martin Buber, let alone remarkable Jewish thinkers who were not Zionists at all and with whom I feel connected. My ancestors came here in the mid 19th century and conducted good, coexistent life with their arab neighbors. <br>Sorry for not sharing your concerns over the moslems. no need for condolences, i am fine thank you. and...peace to you. <br><br>12:13 PM <br><br><br>Anonymous said... <br>Peace is not won by Peace. Peace is won by Victory. I wish you to be victorious. Victory to you that Peace may follow it. <br><br>1:19 PM <br><br><br>hava said... <br>oh, i agree with you on THAT. we just don't agree on who the enemy is. The people who stole my life and my future are among my compatriots, and indeed its high time for some victory over them. Lots of corruption is flowering under the big words, big wars and what not. And who like the American people know that...I'll drink to that, victory for me. <br><br>1:44 PM<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: my conversations with americans...

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:37 pm

Kudos to you for maintaining you cool. I would have lost it pretty early in the conversation.<br><br>BTW, a negotiated exchange was reached with Omhert and a public announcement was to be made. It was sabotaged by your secret service the day before Israel began it's offensive. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Postby havanagilla » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:57 pm

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>any links to that hot info on an exchange deal ?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->\<br>cause if you do, this can make me a happy blogger.<br><br>All we heard here is that israel is pressing the german services (and the russian too) to pull their strings with iran to get a deal. However, i assumed, then, upon reading those curious reports that it is a no go, and that israel is signalling dissatisfaction with the ties between those orgs in the first place. Since the tannanbaum deal was criticized heavily in Israel as the worst, most corrupt, untenable deal every brokered (except the older abu nidal deal, which is also mentioned here as a disgrace) - i didn't think it will be pulled off. The tannenbaum deal raised more questions than answers in israel, since to date, the public in Israel is left in the dark about the specifics. All we know, and feel, is that it had to do with some deep <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Sharonite</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> corruption of the third kind...it involved the same players as this war now. <br><br>Since I had the dubious pleasure of meeting some people whom I think were paid by the german services as well (in canada), I would not condone a deal based on those players and methods. Namely, some neo nazi german ops, with iranians, and some deeply demented Israeli ops, cooking a dark deal, deceiving both the Israeli public and the rest of the world - the US specificlly - about the nature of the secrets withheld. Not that this is any better now, but at least the germans are out. (we only hear Merkel explaining why she can't have german soldiers directing guns at Jews, should the germans join a multinational force in lebanon. my ass. i mean her ass..).<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Postby bvonahsen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:48 pm

Fond it, posted now.<br><br>I can't say how credible The Guerrilla News is. They seem pretty leftist and sometimes people on either the right or the left get carried away. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

armaments

Postby blanc » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:55 am

weapons make wars. since whole world but esp. US and Uk joyfully armed mid east for back handers and oil, the nuts killing lebanese aren't only ones to blame. <br> <p></p><i></i>
blanc

Return to Deep Politics