Fundie asks: Is Bush the Beast of Revelations?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Fundie asks: Is Bush the Beast of Revelations?

Postby sunny » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:41 pm

via Cannonfire:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.bbsradio.com/">www.bbsradio.com/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE<br>For further information contact:<br>Don Newson<br>contact@bloginservice.com<br>Don't Miss this exciting interview on the Spiritual Politician, Friday, October 13, 2006<br><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Is George W. Bush the Beast predicted in the Bible? Are the Evangelical Churches the weapon of Satan?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>Spiritual Politician, the show that exposes the nastiness in every part of our lives will host Bonnie Adamsson, an evangelical Christian and activist whose study of the Bible refutes what is being said by the churches that have allowed their faith to convert them into foot soldiers for a fascist state. The show airs Friday, October 13, 2006 at 4 PM PDT<br><br>Ms. Adamsson is a life long student of the Bible. She and many of her fellow Evangelical Christians, many in Bush's home state of Texas, are coming to the conclusion that, far from being an instrument of the Will of God, President Bush is actually either a tool of the Beast or the Beast himself. This frightening and illuminating program is a do not miss.<br><br>Ms. Adamsson is a long time activist for the environment. Her husband, Alan, died three years ago of the effects of nuclear testing after years of suffering with four different kinds of cancer that had invaded his body. He was 42 when he died. Ms. Adamsson calls for a Christian Stewardship relationship with the Earth to model the relationship Christ charged us to have with each other and will also talk about that Christian Movement now starting.<br><br>~snip~<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>So what is going on here? <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Tempting Faith</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, Foley, now this. This is the strangest political phenomenon I can remember. Someone is trying to disengage a political party's most elemental base of voters. It's really quite confusing. Do these people (Evangelicals) have actual power, or have they been had? And who is taking a hatchet to the umbilical cord connecting them to the Republicans, and why? Or does this simply signify that the fundies have found their long-forgotten consciences? Thoughts? <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Fundie asks: Is Bush the Beast of Revelations?

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 pm

Seems very orchestrated and deliberate to me. I doubt the "fundies have found their long-forgotten consciences." They are valuable as a base because they are by nature followers with strong herding instincts.<br><br>A couple of days ago on Cannonfire there was this discussion of sociologist Bob Altemeyer's concept of the 'Right Wing Authoritarian Personality (RWA):<br> <br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>What Altemeyer has discovered empirically is that high scoring RWA individuals tend to favor conservative politics to a very strong degree. The kinds of statements endorsed on his measure by these folks prefer old-fashioned values, God’s laws, tradition, strong leaders, and the duty to follow them, while disagreeing with statements asserting the health of homosexuals, the goodness of atheists, and the admissibility of nudist camps and premarital sex. <br><br>The RWA is a constellation of traits falling into three distinct but converging categories, submission, aggression, and conventionalism. Scoring high on this scale indicates adherence to tight social and ideological circles, with inclination to accept without question what authorities have said. This of course leads inevitably to inconsistencies, double standards, hypocrisies, and dogmatism. <br><br>These individuals are hostile toward minorities while being unaware of their own bigotry because they can justify the contradictions according to whatever authority they subscribe to. In fact, they are able to ignore their own sins because they do not see themselves honestly and tend to prescribe to religious beliefs that have moral loopholes, such as divine forgiveness and confession, that let them off the hook. <br><br>RWAs also feel safer and not more vulnerable in the presence of someone in authority (hence their acceptance for surveillance), though they discern between “right” and “wrong” authority figures who do or do not adhere to their own dogma (hence their hatred of “activist” judges). Punishment is their preferred choice of behavioral control, and they have a decreased tolerance for leniency, targeting the unconventional and unfamiliar. They are intolerant of criticism and will aggressively support their chosen authority, yet this aggression is fueled by fear and self-righteousness, a combination research has shown to be particularly dangerous (think lynchings). <br><br>Another scale was developed (not by Altemeyer, but inspired by his work) to capture the authoritarians who run things, who lead; the Social Dominance Orientation (SDOs). The key dimension focused on here is equality, and the SDO feels this is a “sucker word in which only fools believe.” The statements they endorse are variations on the Animal Farm theme: Some pigs are more equal than others. Their world is competitive, dangerous, and threatening, where the powerful survive anyway they can, to hell with everyone else, and the ends always justify the means. They evidently suffer virtually no moral restraint, and feel allowed to do whatever they can get away with. They dismiss the Golden Rule and champion prejudice. They are ruthless and hedonistic, and do not care about harming others. Consequently, they gravitate to status jobs where inequality is the norm, such as corporate hierarchies and law enforcement, and research finds they are over-represented in positions of political power. Their personalities are “intimidating, unsympathetic, untrusting and untrustworthy, vengeful, manipulative, and amoral….power hungry, domineering, mean, [and] Machiavellian.” <br><br>The RWA and SDO personalities would seem to be somewhat orthogonal, one being more inclined to follow and the other to lead, but there are those who score high on both scales; Altemeyer calls these individuals “particularly scary.” These “Double Highs” are not submissive, instead seeking those who will be submissive to them. They are exceedingly prejudiced, exhibiting stark hostility against rights for ethnic groups, homosexuals, and women. This group, unlike the SDOs but more akin to the RWAs are extremely religious, tending to be Christian fundamentalists, who are also profoundly parochial, wishing to mingle only with their own kind.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>But the question remains, why are they being disengaged??</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robotilt>robotilt</A> at: 10/13/06 12:12 pm<br></i>
robotilt

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Dreams End » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:55 pm

Part of the current "coup" or whatever we would call the move by various elites and their CIA minions to discredit Bush now that his dirty work is done, likely includes a grassroots fundie capaign with it as well.<br><br>I've listened a bit to rightwing talk radio...O'Reilly didn't care about Foley, but the bizarre Michael Savage was really going off on Bush...Foley and suggesting there were not political parties to turn to. Then he went on about how wonderful it was on his visit to an aircraft carrier..how he loved to live among the soldiers, etc...<br><br>I hope that the 20% of me that sees the possibility of an overt military coup is wrong, but whatever the case, the groundwork is being laid to justify the removal of Bush from power. <br><br>Either the plan is to have this have enough of an effect in November that control of Congress goes back to Dems or the 20% fear is that they know full well that Bush and company will fix the elections again and will, as Madsen prescribed on several occasions, move in to right things.<br><br>I suppose impeachment is another possibility. The non-military versions are really not that comforting as no one will notice that not much has changed when Bush is gone. <br><br>It is very clear that elements of the right have turned on Bush, however. And that is one of the real storylines behind Foley...the timing of it. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Postby sunny » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:10 pm

robotilt-<br><br>I should have made clear that my confusion was due, in part, to my understanding of Dean's book and RWA's. They are essentially useless without a hate spewing charismatic to rally around. Why wrench them from Republicans? We know they will not turn to Dems.<br><br>Which leads me to DE, who said:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Part of the current "coup" or whatever we would call the move by various elites and their CIA minions to discredit Bush now that his dirty work is done, likely includes a grassroots fundie capaign with it as well.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>..the possibility of an overt military coup<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br><br>The elites may be planning to steer the fundies to a third party candidate who will probably be high-ranking military. They are too good a source of funding, activism, and votes to be left adrift, so there <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>has</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> to be big plans in the works. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Just like Nixon's second term, the nation is being psychologically prepared for the neutralization of this Bush White House and subsequent repair of public myths about America the Beautiful and a System That Works.<br><br>Nixon's re-election was assured and then his lame-duck years were a time to sandbag him with Watergate while the Pentagon, CIA, and Council on Foreign Relations re-stabilized their real estate.<br><br>That same process is now under way and Woodward is sending up the smoke signals that tell all involved that the current Pope is now officially fallible.<br><br>Each demographic is getting this message in its language,<br>Woodward speaks to the rational Wall Street corporateer-military-industrial Republicans while <br>Olberman is shaking the irrational religious zealots with word of their betrayal coming out in a new book he's waving around on TV.<br><br>But just as in Nixon's day, the device of change is localized on one president and his administration, not on the larger system which will live to fight another day unless we expose that system. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:15 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I've listened a bit to rightwing talk radio...O'Reilly didn't care about Foley, but the bizarre Michael Savage was really going off on Bush...<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Has there ever been any kind of comprehensive analysis of which media figures move in consort with each other on particular national agenda items and when they diverge? It might be a way of figuring out which ones are shilling for competing interests and isolating those interests. <p></p><i></i>
robotilt

Postby Avalon » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:23 pm

What's the advantage of removing Bush if you don't remove Cheney as well? <br><br>Where might that fit in? <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Postby sunny » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:26 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Each demographic is getting this message in its language,<br>Woodward speaks to the rational Wall Street corporateer-military-industrial Republicans while <br>Olberman is shaking the irrational religious zealots with word of their betrayal coming out in a new book he's waving around on TV.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>I would almost fully agree with that if fundies watched Olbermann, but they do not. In fact, whatever he says, the fundies are likely to ridicule it. Which does not in any way undercut your basic premise- the message is going out "The Republicans are screwing you!!!" loud and clear.<br><br>as to radio personalities:<br><br>Neil Boortz was excoriating the Repubs on the one day I listened to him, shortly after the Foley scandal broke. He was insisting the R's were too liberal and should be thrown out of office to teach them a lesson and bring them back to the right, may the Lord help us all if the current crop of R's are too left for these people. On the same day, of course, Limbergher was throwing around conspiracy theories about the Dems being behind it all, and his listeners should disregard the whole thing. What I think it means is, they are as confused as I am. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:29 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Has there ever been any kind of comprehensive analysis of which media figures move in consort with each other on particular national agenda items and when they diverge? It might be a way of figuring out which ones are shilling for competing interests and isolating those interests.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Great idea. A chart with public views per mouthpiece and the dates they take their stand.<br><br>The public is closely surveilled with 'polls' and demographic analysis and the same thing needs to be done in return against the people in media.<br><br>We could figure this matrix out quite rationally. <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:12 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Great idea. A chart with public views per mouthpiece and the dates they take their stand.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>OK - we'll call it Operation To Kill a Mockingbird.<br><br>Who's signing up to monitor O'Reilly? Not me! <p></p><i></i>
robotilt

Re: Operation To Kill a Mockingbird.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:24 pm

Too perfect. Touche.' To work!<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby robotilt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:44 pm

But to get back on topic, yes, Bush is most definitely the Beast of Revelations. <br><br>And it will be very instructive to watch how the "base" is redeployed in the coming months. It's truly a scary proposition. <p></p><i></i>
robotilt

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm

That filthy smirking monkey Bill Kristol and his gang of neo con chimps are behind all of this. Bush is not a true neo con, he is being used by the neo cons. Kristol has said on several occasions that they will use either party for their agenda, if one party refuses then they will be taken out and replaced by the other. He has SAID this himself in countless speeches and public appearances. He was on CSPAN a month ago airing his displeasure at the bush adminstration for not having taken care of iran yet. Soon after this the orchestrated downfall began.<br><br>Not that I feel sorry for Bush. He is a worthless prick like the rest of them. <p></p><i></i>
MASONIC PLOT

Postby jingofever » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:06 pm

If you ever tune into shortwave radio you will find all sorts of fundamentalists claiming Bush is the Anti-Christ. Looking at that site, I think the Blogin Broadcasting Service would fit well on the shortwave bands. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Postby Dreams End » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Some of that shortwave stuff...maybe most of it...emanates right here from Nashville. sorry about that.<br><br>No, MP...I have liked some of your recent posts and links, but this is not the neocons getting rid of Bush. This is the elites getting rid of the neocons. The loudest drumbeat about neocons is coming from former CIA guys, and people like Wayne Madsen. <br><br>And the extreme right...whether people here know it or not..have been attacking neocons for about as long as the left and liberals have. And more vociferously..and naturally with the emphasis that they are primarily Jewish.<br><br>It will be a housecleaning. But when you clean your house...are you rebuilding it? Nah, just spiffing it up for when company comes. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Next

Return to Religion and the Occult