The Prize

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Prize

Postby professorpan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Their fingers are inches from the brass ring. To those who say oil had nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq, I offer this excellent article:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://alternet.org/story/43045/">alternet.org/story/43045/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>An excerpt:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The Iraqi government faces a December deadline, imposed by the world's wealthiest countries, to complete its final oil law. Industry analysts expect that the result will be a radical departure from the laws governing the country's oil-rich neighbors, giving foreign multinationals a much higher rate of return than with other major oil producers and locking in their control over what George Bush called Iraq's "patrimony" for decades, regardless of what kind of policies future elected governments might want to pursue.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Be sure to read <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/43077/">part 2</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> also. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Blog: View Blog (0)

re: The Prize

Postby robotilt » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:55 pm

Great article. Not being sarcastic or anything, but this has always kinda bugged me: If 9/11 was a false flag op, why was al Quida used/blamed, and not something more closely linked to Iraq as opposed to Afghanistan? <p></p><i></i>
robotilt

Re: re: The Prize

Postby Bismillah » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:13 pm

'Al Qaeda' <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>was</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> linked to Iraq, by the Bush Gang. 'Al Qaeda' can be 'linked' to anything, that's the genius of it. A universal, ubiquitous, invisible, unkillable, permanent enemy, and thus an all-purpose casus belli. <br><br>And there was important business to be settled in Afghanistan too, linked to Caspian oil and Afghan poppies. <p></p><i></i>
Bismillah

Re: re: The Prize

Postby bvonahsen » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:08 pm

Bush never wanted to go to Afghanistan, 911 draged him in against his will and even now we are "negotiating" with a kinder, gentler Taliban.<br><br>I still like Greg Palasts analysis of why we went to Iraq, not to get any oil out, but rather to keep it <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>in</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> the ground and thereby raise the value for the holdings of rest of the cartel. Gulf Wars I and II were both at the behest of the House of Saud. We are the hired thugs sent to reign in Saddam, who got a little too big for our masters comfort. <p></p><i></i>
bvonahsen

Could you please define Bush ?

Postby slimmouse » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:04 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Bush never wanted to go to Afghanistan, 911 draged him in against his will and even now we are "negotiating" with a kinder, gentler Taliban.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> Could you please define what you mean by Bush ?<br><br> Is that Bush 43, or Bush 41, or Bushco, or the Bush Govnt ?<br><br> And, just for posterity, could you give us your opinions on exactly WHO in your opinion was responsible for 9/11?<br><br> This whole Idea that "9/11 dragged him in against his will" rather perplexes me. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Could you please define Bush ?

Postby robertdreed » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:34 pm

From the article:<br><br>"(despite the sanctions, the United States ultimately received 37 percent of Iraq's oil during that period, according to the independent committee that investigated the oil-for-food program, but almost all of it arrived through foreign firms)."<br><br>Mark Rich begs your pardon... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 10/23/06 6:35 pm<br></i>
robertdreed

?

Postby Bismillah » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:24 pm

bvonahsen: <br><br>"Gulf Wars I and II were both at the behest of the House of Saud. We are the hired thugs sent to reign in Saddam, who got a little too big for our masters comfort."<br><br>The US as a mere lackey of the House of Saud. This is what's known as putting the cart before the camel.<br><br>And Bush didn't want to go Afghanistan? On the contrary: plans for the invasion were well advanced long before 9/11 ever took place. <p></p><i></i>
Bismillah

Return to Iraq