parasocial interaction - Google Search
1. Parasocial interaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Parasocial interaction (or para-social relationship) is a term used by a social scientist to describe one-sided, "parasocial" interpersonal relationships in ..."
2. Contact hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Therefore, these individuals should benefit from these mediated intercultural interactions (Parasocial contact) ..."
3. Horton and Wohl (1956): Mass Communication and Para-social Interaction
"These is an extract from a hard-to-find resource made available here for my own undergraduate students."www.aber.ac.uk/media/Modules/TF33120/ho ... _1956.html
4. “The term 'parasocial interaction' was coined to describe one ...
"“The term 'parasocial interaction' was coined to describe one-sided relations in which one party knows a great deal about the other but the relationship is ..."www.aber.ac.uk/media/Students/ddw0102.doc
5. Loneliness, Perceived Reality and Parasocial Interaction
"This study examines the influence of personal (sociability and loneliness) and content (perceived reality) characteristics on people's social interaction ..."www.allacademic.com/meta/p14712_index.html
6. An Exploration of Parasocial Interaction and Reality-Based ...
"This study explores the immense popularity of reality-based television programs by examining the concept of parasocial interaction."www.allacademic.com/meta/p113113_index.html
7. Parasocial Relationships
"In Researching Para social relationships with major media television personalities it almost seems to be a normal consequence of television viewing. ..."
8. Impact of Motivation, Attraction, and Parasocial Interaction on ...
"Talk radio offers a mediated interpersonal communication experience for its audience. It provides listeners with a sense of personal contact and a forum to ..."www.allbusiness.com/information/interne ... 153-1.html
9. Dimensions of parasocial interaction by letter-writers to a ...
"Here we explore an alternative conceptualization and measurement of parasocial interaction, using data from a qualitative content analysis of audience ..."www.allbusiness.com/information/interne ... 495-1.html
10. Parasocial Interaction and Local TV News: Perceptions of News ...
"ED296389 - Parasocial Interaction and Local TV News: Perceptions of News Teams and News Personalities in Denver."www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/recordDet ... o=ED296389
11. Interpersonal and Psychological Predictors of Parasocial ...
"Finds that "attitude" homophily was the strongest predictor of parasocial interaction for all three groups of television performers. ..."www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/recordDet ... o=EJ474147
12. Help Finding the Actual Parasocial Interaction Scale? - Yahoo! Answers
"I'm writing my thesis on parasocial interaction. …"
13. Amazon.com: Getting By: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a ...
"Amazon.com: Getting By: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a Television Situation Comedy (9781581121056): Freda D. Lewis: Books."www.amazon.com/Getting-Parasocial-Inter ... 1581121059
14. Utilizing mixed methods to assess parasocial interaction of an ...
"The purpose of this study was to develop a model to interpret the degree that parasocial interaction affects entertainment-education radio drama listeners' ..."
15. 'Para-social interaction': Social interaction as a matter of fact ...
"Hence, so-called para-social interaction between media protagonists and media recipients is often reconstructed as a special kind of individual mental ..."
16. Parasocial Interaction with My Avatar: Effects of Interdependent ...
"The "self" concept has grown increasingly important in interactive media environments. This study investigated self-related processes in an avatar-based ..."www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Parasocial-Int ... 22682.html
17. Parasocial Interaction: A Review of the Literature and a Model for ...
"This paper considers the phenomenon of parasocial interaction (PSI) used by media researchers to describe the relationship between media users and med..."www.informaworld.com/smpp/10835786-9512 ... a785350899
18. Dimensions of Parasocial Interaction by Letter-Writers to a ...
"Here we explore an alternative conceptualization and measurement of parasocial interaction, using data from a qualitative content analysis of audience..."www.informaworld.com/smpp/1953806206-13 ... a783685489
19. Local Television News Audience and the Para-Social Interaction
"dents indicating the existence of a para-social interaction by the viewing .... para-social interaction. Secondly, the division of respondents at this point ..."
20. Watching TV News as Para-Social Interaction
"According to the concept of para-social interaction, the audience ... ence, para -social interaction is considered complementary to social communication. ..."
21. Television Apparel Shopping: Impulse Buying and Parasocial ...
"Key Words: impulse buying • parasocial interaction • television apparel shopping • television shopping program exposure. Clothing and Textiles Research ..."
22. Television Apparel Shopping: Impulse Buying and Parasocial ...
"Watching TV news as a parasocial interaction. Journal of Broadcasting, 23(1), ... Loneliness, parasocial interaction, and local television news viewing. ..."
23. PARASOCIAL INTERACTION WITH THE TELEVISION SOAP OPERAS ...
"Here we investigate the process of parasocial interaction in two highly ... Parasocial interaction is especially likely to occur when television characters ..."
24. Cultural Shareability, Role Modelling, and Para-Social Interaction ...
"Para-social interaction refers to the seemingly face-to-face interpersonal ... para-social interaction between viewers and media characters (Singhal & ..."
25. Parasocial Interaction « One Eye On Tokio
"Parasocial Interaction. 2010 January 26. tags: altpress, stalkers, Tokio Hotel, twitter. by hollyq. Interesting cover feature on ..."
26. Mass Communication and Para-Social Interaction
"Psychiatry 1956. Vol. 19 #3. MASS COMMUNICATION AND PARA-SOCIAL INTERACTION Observations on intimacy at a distance. By Donald Horton and R. Richard Wohl ..."
27. Entertainment-Education and Social Change: An Analysis of ...
"Findings highlight the importance of parasocial interaction and collective efficacy leading to change. However, social change is notedly not ..."www.comminit.com/en/node/70982/36
28. LONELINESS, PARASOCIAL INTERACTION, AND LOCAL TELEVISION NEWS VIEWING
"A conceptual model was developed predicting parasocial interaction from both a ... and both loneliness and parasocial interaction with more television ..."
29. CiNii Article - Parasocial Interaction with The Television Soap ...
"Parasocial Interaction with The Television Soap Operas "Simplemente Maria" and " Oshin". Shefner-Rogers Corinne L. Research Associate of Department of ..."
30. Dimensions of Parasocial Interaction by Letter-Writers to a ...
"Parasocial interaction grew out of the concept of pseudo-gemeinschaft, developed by Merton with Fiske and Curtis (1946) in order to understand a highly ..."www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&se=gglsc&d=5000645416
31. Viewer Aggression and Homophily, Identification and Parasocial ...
"Parasocial interaction, perceived homophily, and identification are theoretically distinct constructs. Yet, as noted earlier, there is only limited ..."www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&se=gglsc&d=5001928247
32. Relationships between Blogs as eWOM and Interactivity, Perceived ...
"understand the role of parasocial interaction-an illusion of .... Parasocial interaction (PSI) was originally defined by Horton ..."www.jiad.org/download?p=79
33. Relationships between Blogs as eWOM and Interactivity, Perceived ...
"The current study defines parasocial interaction as "interpersonal involvement of the ... H3: Parasocial interaction will mediate the effects of perceived ..."www.jiad.org/article79
34. IngentaConnect Loneliness, Gender, and Parasocial Interaction: A ...
"This study investigates how unfulfilled interpersonal needs due to loneliness are met by mediated communication, specifically through parasocial interaction ..."www.ingentaconnect.com/content/routledg ... 1/art00006
35. Identifying with Arabic Journalists: How Al-Jazeera Tapped ...
"How Al-Jazeera Tapped Parasocial Interaction Gratifications in the Arab World ... This 'parasocial interaction' may be linked to viewing levels, ..."
36. 10 Para-social interaction: Social interaction as a matter of fact?
"restrict the phenomenon of para-social interaction to individuals' social ..... So, what does that mean for the so-called para-social interaction? Here ..."www.reference-global.com/doi/abs/10.151 ... 7389.2.177
37. A study of Egyptian and American young adult parasocial ...
"Respondent's parasocial interaction with their favorite music video performers was also assessed. Results showed that Egyptian young adults consume ..."www.britannica.com/bps/additionalconten ... o-personae
38. Abstracts: Identifying with Arabic journalists: How Al-Jazeera ...
"Identifying with Arabic journalists: How Al-Jazeera tapped parasocial interaction gratifications in the Arab world. Article Abstract: ..."www.faqs.org/abstracts/Mass-communicati ... -in-t.html
39. "Mass Communication and Para-social Interaction: Observations on ...
"Parasocial interaction (or para-social relationship) is a term used by a social scientist to describe one-sided, "parasocial" interpersonal ..."
40. Utilizing mixed methods to assess parasocial interaction of an ...
"Parasocial interaction (PSI) is defined as the quasi relationship that audience members have ...... social change: An analysis of parasocial interaction, ..."www.atypon-link.com/EMP/doi/pdf/10.5555/mra.422.214.171.124
41. A study of Egyptian and American young adult parasocial ...
"Respondent's parasocial interaction with their favorite music ..... parasocial interaction with music video persona. One possible reason for ..."www.atypon-link.com/INT/doi/pdf/10.1386/jammr.1.2.131_1
42. Development and Validation of a Farasocial Interaction Measure ...
"parasocial interaction. A 47-item questionnaire derived from qualita- .... parasocial interaction measure. Starting with qualitative responses to queshons ..."www.auter.tv/info/publications/articles/APIScale.pdf
43. Project MUSE - Journal of Sports Media - Checkered Flags and ...
"Checkered Flags and Mediated Friendships: Parasocial Interaction among NASCAR Fans ... Factor analysis of parasocial interaction scale among NASCAR fans ..."
44. Project MUSE - Journal of Sports Media - Checkered Flags and ...
"Checkered Flags and Mediated Friendships: Parasocial Interaction among NASCAR Fans ... Parasocial interaction (PSI) involves attraction to and subsequent ..."
45. Social-Parasocial paper
"The concept of parasocial interaction has proven valuable in explaining individuals' social behavior toward media. Numerous definitions of "parasocial ..."www.stanford.edu/group/commdept/oldstuf ... ocial.html
46. Entertainment-Education and Social Change: An Analysis of ...
"media-stimulated change, a process involving parasocial interaction, peer com- ..... perspectives of parasocial interaction, social learning, and collective ..."www.arvindsinghal.com/entertainment-edu ... change.pdf
47. Crisp Volume 6 No 9
"The term "parasocial interaction" was coined to describe one-sided relationships in which one party knows a great deal about the other, but the relationship ..."www.uiowa.edu/~grpproc/crisp/crisp.6.9.htm
48. Among seventh-generation video game consoles
"showed closer parasocial interaction and higher level of self-presence than ... closeness of parasocial interaction with their avatar and ..."www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cpb.2008.0289
49. Particip@tions Vol 3 (1) Article - Donald Horton & R. Richard Wohl
"Para-social interaction, as we have said, is analogous to and in many ways resembles social interaction in ordinary primary groups. ..."www.participations.org/volume%203/issue ... onwohl.htm
50. Parasocial Interaction and Oprah 1 Parasocial Interaction and ...
"gratifications, and parasocial interaction are only a few of the many .... One of the key concepts of parasocial interaction is that the viewer sees the ..."
51. Parasocial Relationship | erkkola.net
"Parasocial relationship or parasocial interaction is a term to describe these one-sided, parasocial interpersonal relationships in which one ..."
52. erkkola.net » Parasocial relationships and Twitter
"While I was watching Helene Auramo's interview about Twitter in YLE news earlier today, Helene mentioned something that caught my ear."
53. British Library Direct: Investigating the Relationships Among ...
"Investigating the Relationships Among Child's Age, Parasocial Interactions, and the Social Realism of Favorite Television Characters ..."
54. British Library Direct: Loneliness, Gender, and Parasocial ...
"Loneliness, Gender, and Parasocial Interaction: A Uses and Gratifications Approach. Author. Wang, Q. Fink, E.L. Cai, D.A.. Journal title ..."
55. ATTACHMENT STYLES AND INTIMATE TELEVISION VIEWING: INSECURELY ...
"examining parasocial interaction from an attachment perspective may pro- .... ship between attachment styles and parasocial interaction, we hope to con- ..."
56. PARASOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS: CASE STUDY TWILIGHT
"“Parasocial interaction is a one-sided relationship that television viewers ..... model of the parasocial interaction scale, was written and administered at ..."
57. Compensatory media use: An exploration of two paradigms ...
"The term parasocial interaction was created by Horton and Wohl (1956) to depict a tendency of regular media users to construct imaginative relationships ..."
58. The Lure of American Idol Explained: Parasocial Relationships and ...
"The Lure of American Idol Explained: Parasocial Relationships and Emotional Vicarious Living in Live TV."
59. Parasocial Interactions and Relationships : The International ...
"The term “parasocial interaction” (PSI) was first used by Horton and Wohl (1956) to describe viewers' responses to media characters (called “personae” in ..."www.communicationencyclopedia.com/publi ... 9521_ss6-1
60. Parasocial interaction with my avatar: effects of interdependent ...
"Parasocial interaction with my avatar: effects of interdependent self-construal and the mediating role of self-presence in an avatar-based console game, ..."www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19522682
61. Mass Communication and Para-Social Interaction
"these para-social interactions, as Horton/Wohl call them, are strictly "one- ..... measure para-social interaction. As this table was intended to measure ..."
62. IGI Global - Book Chapter
"The celebrity-persona parasocial interaction scale (CPPI) is designed to measure ... While most parasocial interaction scales are designed to measure the ..."www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/Chapter.aspx?TitleId=20250
63. IGI Global - Book Chapter
"This chapter explores the concept of parasocial interaction by focusing on audience replies to blog posts made on behalf of a TV character, Jessica Buchanan ..."www.igi-global.com/Bookstore/Chapter.aspx?TitleId=36039
64. Getting by: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a Television ...
"Getting by: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a Television Situation Comedy: Amazon.co.uk: Freda D. Lewis: Books."www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Parasocial-Int ... 1581121059
65. LONELINESS, PARASOCIAL INTERACTION, AND LOCAL TELEVISION NEWS ...
"A conceptual model was developed predicting parasocial interaction from both a social interaction need due to loneliness and instrumental television news ..."
66. Ann Burnett and Rhea Rheinhardt Beto
"R. Rubin and McHugh (1987) discovered that "parasocial interaction was related ..... Children's wishful identification and parasocial interaction with ..."
67. Media psychology
"In the remainder of this chapter I address this problem by reference to a specific topic, namely parasocial interaction—the complex web of relationships ..."
68. Advertising and the World Wide Web
"9 Scaling the Web: A Parasocial Interaction Scale for World Wide Web Sites John Hoerner University of Alabama This study examined the feasibility of ..."
69. 1581121059: "Getting by: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a ...
"Find the best deals on "Getting by: Race and Parasocial Interaction in a Television Situation Comedy" by Freda D. Lewis (1581121059)"www.bookfinder.com/dir/i/Getting_by-Rac ... 581121059/
70. Media Framing Analysis
"A second issue binds celebrity worship to parasocial interaction, ... These may reflect the way parasocial interaction has been defined before now: all the ..."
71. Attachment to Media Characters - Theoretical Approaches ...
"Parasocial relationships have often been examined from the perspective of motivations. The “uses and gratifications” perspective contends that people are ..."
72. 2009 Proceedings
"levels of persuasive strategies, parasocial interaction, ... The effect of persuasive strategies on perceived parasocial interaction was not significant (ß ..."www.itaaonline.org/downloads/CB-Lee,%20 ... opping.pdf
73. An experimental validation of a parasocial interaction scale - I ...
"TV that talks back: An experimental validation of a parasocial interaction scale . Since only 1% of men read romance novels (Hubbard, 1985), then it is most ..."www.loansexy.com/romance/an-experimenta ... ion-s.html
74. ETD Search Results: “More Like This” Search
"It was also found that students engaged in parasocial interaction and used reality television to learn about the world. Real life experiences, however, ..."
75. LNCS 4550 - Influence of Avatar Creation on Attitude, Empathy ...
"para-social interaction perspective. The Basic concept of para-social .... and para-social interaction. Attitude towards avatar had four items which measure ..."www.springerlink.com/index/9518116j51670433.pdf
76. Para-Social Interaction In The Context Of On-Line Interactive ...
"context of television shopping have shown that para-social interaction could ... conceptual model of para-social interaction for marketing on the WWW. ..."
77. CiteULike: Influence of Avatar Creation on Attitude, Empathy ...
"More specifically, this study investigates the effects of avatar creation on attitude towards avatar, empathy, presence, and para-social interaction of ..."www.citeulike.org/user/tanya_roberts/article/2116408
78. Parasocial interaction at AllExperts
"Various performers are part of the parasocial interaction Fans at a Soccer match SC Heerenveen are often part of the parasocial interaction Parasocial ..."
79. A Descriptive Nomenclature for Parasocial Attachments
"Parasocial interaction was defined as a one-way relationship to a person, most often of higher status, whom you know intimately but who hardly knows you, ..."www.calstatela.edu/faculty/sfischo/STEV ... %20Rev.doc
80. Parasocial Interaction and Identification With Liked, Neutral, and ...
"In this study 226 respondents recruited from the Internet completed questionnaires measuring their identification and parasocial interaction with liked ..."
81. Attribution in Social and Parasocial Relationships -- PERSE and ...
"This study examined social and parasocial interaction from interpersonal attribution perspectives. Parasocial interaction is a perceived interpersonal ..."
82. Twitter / CyberPsychology_Jn: Parasocial Interaction Wit ...
"Parasocial Interaction With My Avatar: Effects in an Avatar-Based Console Game, Wii http://bit.ly/5t8CIi
83. DigitalCommons@Liberty University - Christine Lynn Henrich ...
"The thesis addressed responses to the program at three levels of parasocial interaction: cognitive, affective and behavioral, as well as self-efficacy, ..."
84. Dr. David Giles - The University of Winchester
"Parasocial interaction: A review of the literature and a model for future research. ... Parasocial interaction: current directions in theory and method. ..."www.winchester.ac.uk/?page=8740
85. Fans and their 'parasocial' relationships with celebrities ...
"'Parasocial' relationships with leading celebrities are a modern phenomenon. Chris Arnot talks to an academic who studies fans and their ..."www.guardian.co.uk/education/2001/mar/1 ... cation.uk3
86. PsycARTICLES - Positive Parasocial Relationships with Drivers ...
"parasocial relationships, affective disposition theory, Formula 1, suspense, ..... Development and validation of a parasocial interaction measure: The ..."
87. Research on Parasocial Involvement: An Overview
"audience involvement: parasocial interaction and identification. ... parasocial interaction, while being two separate types of gratification sought, ..."www.lib.hcu.edu.tw/journal/files/CIC/CIC0110.pdf
88. Praying at the altar of the stars - Vol. 19, Part 2 ( February 2006)
"The Parasocial Interaction Scale of Rubin et al. (1985) emphasised the one-way friendships between entertainers and the audience. ..."www.thepsychologist.org.uk/archive/arch ... icleID=984
89. Issues & Answers – Media, Technology, and Psychotherapy ...
"Tags: tags: Cinematherapy, media, Parasocial Interaction (PSI), psychotherapy, social work, Technology, Telemedicine ..."www.helpstartshere.org/issues-and-answe ... erapy.html
90. Positive Parasocial Relationships with Drivers Affect Suspense in ...
"man version of the Parasocial Interaction Scale (for an overview see Hartmann & Schramm, ..... of a parasocial interaction measure: The audience-persona in- ..."
91. Back to Basics: Implications of Trust for Users
"Parasocial Interaction Theory. Horton and Wahl (1956). Social Penetration Theory . Theory explains how the breadth and depth of self-disclosure influence the ..."www.editlib.org/index.cfm/files/paper_2 ... e_id=51206
92. Solutions to the Problem of Diminished Social Interaction
"Parasocial Interaction Scale were included in the daily diary portion. .... loneliness, trait parasocial interaction was unassociated with the mean daily ..."www.epjournal.net/filestore/EP06637651.pdf
93. notes for week 10 of senior seminar on fun | Developing a New Major
"Parasocial Interaction: A Review of the Literature and a Model for Future Research.Preview By: Giles, David C.. Media Psychology, 2002, Vol. ..."
94. Interaction in Audience-Participation Shows
"Three modes of interaction-personal, parasocial, and vicarious-are found in these systems, ... face interaction. The character of parasocial interaction is ..."www.jstor.org/stable/2773133
95. Emerald FullText Article : Personal selling approaches used in ...
"Television shopping simulates a personalized selling situation: it combines salesmanship with parasocial interaction. Segments of two major shopping ..."www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/ViewCont ... 70303.html
96. YouTube - the escapist
"My third year film practical project exploring the ideas of Parasocial interaction and Parasocial relationships between the characters and the audience . ..."www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwXgJzQ77vg
97. Can One TV Show Make a Difference? Will & Grace and the Parasocial ...
"that parasocial interaction can lead to the sort of attitude change that ... experiencing intergroup contact, parasocial interaction will not always produce ..."
98. The Parasocial Contact Hypothesis
"by Gregg (2005) suggest that almost all standard parasocial interaction .... homosexuals, the association between parasocial interaction and lower levels of ..."www.comm.umn.edu/department/pch/pch1.pdf
99. Rutgers Business School : Barabara Stern
"Literary theory grounds the framework of soap opera attributes likely to facilitate parasocial interaction between viewers and characters, ..."
100. JMB 2.1: McCourt and Fitzpatrick, The Role of Personal ...
"These parasocial interactions offer many social benefits. In addition to companionship, they provide the opportunity to create/test new social personas, ..."www.mundanebehavior.org/issues/v2n1/mcc ... atrick.htm