'mommy's not in the hospital anymore, she's in my head now'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'mommy's not in the hospital anymore, she's in my head now'

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:48 pm

The wife of Democratic Underground poster "operationmindcrime" passed away yesterday. She'd been hospitalized for cancer and died of complications from pneumonia.

I'd always found him firmly in the "anti-woo" camp, but he posted this today:

My son, Justin, who will be 4 in November, has been kept in the loop as to what's been going on for the most part. Generally, he just knows that mommy is sick and has been in the hospital. Even last night, when I said goodnight to him on the phone, he was still talking about mommy in the hospital. He was fast asleep last night when she passed, and there were no phone calls he heard, no hugs of grieving he saw, NO indication whatsoever to him that she passed away last night.

Yet this morning, the most eerie and perplexing conversation I've ever had in my life took place. He woke up and called into the monitor "daddy, daddy" as he always does to let me know he's awake. I was on the computer at the time sending out emails to friends who do not yet know. I yelled upstairs "Justin, I'm here, you can come down now" and he came downstairs. Now I swear to all of you with every ounce of my being, that the following is word for word what took place.

He came downstairs, sat on the couch, and with such conviction and joy (not sorrow) he all of a sudden says "Daddy, mommy's not in the hospital anymore right? She's in my head now". My jaw dropped stunned to the floor. I looked right at him and said "Justin, how did you know that?, Did you have a dream?" and he said "God was in my dream". I said "What about mommy?" and he said "no, not mommy. Mommy said good morning to me".

link
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

And the fact that a child

Postby slow_dazzle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:33 pm

said that, a mind unpoisoned by our world, suggests we need to rethink things we adults poopoo.

Unfortunately, our poisoned minds are not able to rationalise it. In becoming "adults" we have lost that means of saying things only a child can say without caveats derived from the empirical and so-called rational world of adults.

It puts the zap on my head and at the same time gives me hope in ways my poisoned mind cannot articulate because it takes an unpoisoned mind to do that. What the child said does not belong in the "rational" world. But the child said it nonetheless.
On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather.

John Perry Barlow - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
slow_dazzle

Re: And the fact that a child

Postby slimmouse » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Today a man on acid.........I hope you get my drift ;)
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby blanc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:40 am

may there always be children to teach us
blanc

Postby water » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:58 am

when i was a kid one morning the phone rang and i knew my grand-dad had died that night. I didnt have any dreams but I knew.
water

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 am

When my nan died she said goodbye to me. I was about 3 kms away from her up in the bush, but I distinctly heard her speak and had the most intense tingles and goosebumps.

A really good friend from high school died in his early 20s, I hadn't seen him for 6 months, didn't know he was dyng, but on the night he died I had a distinct dream that I never forgot. His car drove past me on the street near my house. His mum was was looking out the back window straight at me and she was bawling her eyes out.

I found out he was dead 3 days later.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby water » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:20 am

but on the night he died I had a distinct dream that I never forgot. His car drove past me on the street near my house. His mum was was looking out the back window straight at me and she was bawling her eyes out.

You could have given me a freakier feeling if youd've told me when she opened her mouth a siren wailed, but only just a little freakier. Do you always dream Lynchesque? Man my hair was standin on end there.
water

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:48 am

Not always, but occasionally.

That one kind of still freaks me out and it was 15 years ago.

(edit) I still remember the look on her face, it was raw with crying.

I used to have dreams about something very similar to 911 back in the 80s. Straight up tho, nothing weird of freaky about it, cept the obvious. Some of the video I have seen from street level before and soon after the collapses are really familiar. I used to think it was nuclear war or something, but after 911 it all made more sense.

A friend told me he dreamt of planes, no crashes, no anything, other than planes, for 3 days leading up to 911.

Dreams can be very weird.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Penguin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:31 am

Couple of years back I had a very vivid dream about my grandmother. I was doing my summer studies, several hundred kilometers away from where my grandparents lived. I hadnt spoken to them in maybe couple of weeks at the time.

In the dream I was in their bedroom, it was dark and my grandpa was praying on his knees in the background (theyre very religious), and my grandma was near to me - telling me that shes afraid that shes gonna have a heart attack and die any time now - that she is having arrhythmia. I took her hands and repeatedly told her that its okay, its not your time to die yet, dont worry, youre not dying tonight.

All the time I had the strangest feeling that this is NOT a dream, that this is absolutely real. Also the room was exactly like I knew it to be, and dark, like at night. When I woke up I instantly "knew" that this was no ordinary dream, but was true. I explained the dream to my roommate (so as to have a way to verify to myself Im not making things up), and then called my grandmother. First thing she does is she tells me that shes been awake all night, having arrhythmia and fearing shes going to die. And that grandpa had been praying all night for her. I proceeded matter of factly to tell her about my dream, and just as matter-of-factly she thanked me for helping her.

This was the first time I had irrefutable proof that the world and our being is much stranger than fiction. The whole experience was real, down to details, and theres no way I could have imagined any of it.

Also when my other grandmother died years earlier, the evening before I got a strange urge to cut my long hair short, a feeling of something inevitable...A feeling of loss perhaps. The next night she passed away (after a long sickness) in the hospital. The next few days at night, she called me 3 times in my dream by telephone..And simply wanted to know how I was doing and how I felt about her passing away. I considered that a kind of farewell from her.
Penguin

Postby Penguin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:36 am

Also on the day on 9/11, when I was walking to work...I had a very vivid vision of what was happening. I had not listened to radio, and I didnt own a TV. Suddenly, as Im walking between two buildings, I get a vision of the buildings on my both sides suddenly exploding into flames and then collapsing. A sudden, clear dreamlike visual experience.

I heard about what had happened only hours later when my brother called me and told about it. When he called me I instantly remembered the vision I had had earlier. I take that to be a mental/visual reverberation of the impact of what happened on the collective consciousness layer. Later I checked the time I had the vision, this was about the time it happened in the States.
Penguin

Postby sunny » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:34 am

My daughter has had an "ability" since at least the age of 3. At that time, we lived with my grandparents so I could take care of them. My Maw Maw was bedridden, but she loved to have my children come in and sit beside her bed so she could talk to them. As a former teacher, just being around children made her very happy.

In her last days, Maw Maw had to be hospitalized. Every day, I left the kids with a babysitter so my Paw Paw and I could go to the hospital and we aways got home around the same time. Coincidentally, the day she died we got home around the time we normally would. Nothing would have seemed out of the ordinary to my kids, and the babysitter did not know about Maw Maw until we got home to tell her. When I went into her room to find a dress for her to be buried in, I found a bouquet of flowers on her pillow. They were Black-Eyed Susans, which was also my Paw Paw's pet name for her, as she had very dark eyes. I asked the babysitter, but she didn't know anything about it. I let it go, but a little later my daughter asked me, not having been told what had happened: "Will Maw Maw get my flowers up in heaven?"

It freaked me a little, but she has consistantly predicted or known about numerous deaths over the years, even of people she didn't know. She even predicted to me, two weeks before it happened, that I would be in a car accident and someone close to me would drive right by me and not help. This actually happened.
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Discussion