With Love and Gratitude to Hammer of Los...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: With Love and Gratitude to Hammer of Los...

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 am

Only Grant Morrison fit to learn POWER DAO!

Only Grant Morrison fit to learn COSMIC DAO!

Maybe I should teach him.

For a Zillion POUNDS!!! ssterling LEGAL TENDER cash money.

WE da pure ones always.

I teach Cosmic dao to grant if he ask nicely.

Hammer of Los

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:18 am

I teach Grant for Free!

Hammer of Los

Postby Hammer of Los » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:19 am

Only Grant!

He da only real KING MOB!

I just Hank McCoy.

Hammer of Los

Postby Project Willow » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:48 am

This thread made me cry. Psynapz, I miss seeing you.

Love to all.

I think, if thinking does any good, boundaries are good for those on both, or all sides, asserted with compassion.

HoL, let us know what we can do, if we can help.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby chump » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:08 am

Bodhisattva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBiLrZT3eno
Good luck w dat.

Exciting times we live in, eh? Quotes to ponder while life is asunder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7YGQjMKNQE

"There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball."

"Just relax. Find your center. Picture the shot (Hammy). Picture it. Turn off all the sound... Let it happen with the ball... Be the ball (Hammy). Be the ball."

"I won't get any money or anything, but when I die, on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I got that going for me."

"You'll get nothing and like it!!"

"Hey! You wanna make fourteen dollars? The hard way??"

"Oh-h-h, man in the boat overboard. Oh ho oh! You beast, you savage... Come on, bark like a dog for me, bark like a dog... I will teach you the meaning of the word respect!"

"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a donut with no hole is a danish. Na-na-na-na-na..."

"It's the best man. I got it from a negro. You're probably so high already you don't even know it."

"What an incredible Cinderella Story. This unknown... comes out of nowhere... to lead the pack... At Augusta. He's on his final hole. He's about 455 yards away from the hole. He's gonna hit about a two iron, I think... It's in the hole!!"

"My enemy is an animal. In order to conquer him, I have to think like an animal and, whenever possible, to look like one."

"I invented my own kind of grass... The amazing thing about this is that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, then take it home and get stoned as the bejeesus that night on this stuff... Look at this. I got a Bob Marley joint. It's a little harsh. Now here! Cannonball! Cannonball right back! Right back at ya'... And one more right on top of it! Cannonball! Cannonball comin'!"

"You've been acting psychotically, lately. What the hell, why?"

"In the words of Jean Paut Sarte, 'Au revoir Gopheer.' "

"That kangeroo stole my ball!"

"Hey. Don't get yourself down now... You're uh... You're not uh...You're not good! You stink."

"If you miss it, we lose. "

"Well? We're waiting!!!"

"Hey everybody! We're all gonna get laid!!"

chump

Postby psynapz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 am

Hammer of Los wrote:You have to all leave me and family and friends alone after tonight.
[...]
And tell my wife immediately that I am not crazy.
[...]
But if anyone is at all remotely in contact with my wife stop FUCKING HER HEAD AROUND AND TELL HER I AM NOT CRAZY RIGHT AWAY!!!!

So,

1. As far as I know, I'm the first and, chimed-in condolences aside, the only board member to mention your family, so I'll take this as being about me.

2. I was 100% referencing family details you've posted here publicly.

3. I am in no way aware of the identities of you or anyone you know, and as such I am not in contact with any of them. If we do know each other in person, I wouldn't know, but statistically-speaking, I doubt it very much.

4. I'm sorry it upset you. So sorry, in fact, that I deleted those details from my OP here, out of respect for your discomfort about it. Go back and see, and PM me if there's anything else you'd like me to redact, and I'll do that.

5. Did I mention I'm sorry? Sorry.

Hammer of Los wrote:If everyone could stop pissing me around it would be nice.
[...]
If i might politely ask you address me with some respect please.

U WOT M8?

This thread, in my opinion, has been absolutely crystal-clear without-a-doubt unambiguously sho nuff 100.0000% supportive and respectful of you, by design and by all posters. But I'm sorry you feel attacked by it, as that was the opposite of my intention.

As for my armchair doctoring, I'm very sorry about that too. I don't meant to judge you or cast aspersions or criticize at all, but I think if you value your liberties (generally speaking) that you should strongly consider syncing up as soon as possible with any and all of your most trusted living, practicing, professional healers, whoever and whatever and wherever they are, and build a wellness team to keep you at your best through this challenging time of which you speak.

:lovehearts: :praybow :sun:
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby OP ED » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:26 pm

dada » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 am wrote:It's funny, I find HoL's recent off topic posts to be less disruptive than many posters on topic ones. And though I may not know the specifics, it's easy to get the general gist of what he's saying. you just need to listen in a different way.

Although I haven't had the chance to spend so much time here recently, so maybe there are certain interpersonal forum dynamics lost on me..

indeed and indeed,

Hammer of Los » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:18 am wrote:...

I teach Grant for Free!

OP ED has no idea what anyone is talking about in this thread.

how are you, HoL ..?

i like your username. i posted several pictures of LoS in at least one other thread.

you, i suppose, are the topic of THIS thread?

how's it hanging and stuff...?

:lovehearts: [and etc]

you make lots more sense to me than lots i read round these parts.

but i don't understand what Grant Morrison has to do with anything in this thread?

maybe i'm not daoism-inclined enough.

Bruce Dazzling » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:43 pm wrote:
barracuda,

I appreciate that you edited your post to remove your comparison of conniption's head to a gender-specific body part, but I've been pretty clear recently regarding my zero tolerance for direct personal attacks.

Since you did modify your post, you will only be suspended for two days.

wow. that seems pretty strict, but then again i'm both a Libertine and a Masochist..so what would i know..and...also...

yes.

and again:

dada » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 am wrote:Although I haven't had the chance to spend so much time here recently, so maybe there are certain interpersonal forum dynamics lost on me..

conniption,

Your'e not without fault in this situation. Your vague allusion that barracuda and bph are assholes (see highlighted portion of your post below) certainly did nothing for the health of the thread.

so, this strictness based discpline is centered on the direct insults and/or usages of derisive terms of non-endearment?

we can still have something of brief meta-digressions to discern the essences of the topics through vigorous fermentation without short changing the topic [HoL] being dissected upon our altar at present?

I understand that your heart was in the right place, but going forward, please try to settle your disputes with other posters in more productive ways. I won't warn you again.

[OP ED still has no idea what is going on

[maybe i'm just attracted to the smell of something burning]

:twisted:
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby justdrew » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

OP ED » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:26 pm wrote:
so, this strictness based discpline is centered on the direct insults and/or usages of derisive terms of non-endearment?

Yes, as per the RI forum rules we try to make clearly and plainly available to everyone here....which, I guess, is why they're located in a subforum at the bottom of the main page.

We are of the belief that ad hominem attacks -- or as I now prefer to call it, derisive terms of non-endearment -- contribute nothing to the conversation, the synthesis, the discovery process, the community, and the Higher Calling. In fact, it's hugely counter-productive. Thus it's one of the vanishingly few things we will not -- cannot -- tolerate.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby yossarian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:04 pm

And this is the simple truth - that to live is to feel oneself lost. He who accepts it has already begun to find himself, to be on firm ground. Instinctively, as do the shipwrecked, he will look around for something to which to cling, and that tragic, ruthless glance, absolutely sincere, because it is a question of his salvation, will cause him to bring order into the chaos of his life. These are the only genuine ideas; the ideas of the shipwrecked. All the rest is rhetoric, posturing, farce.

- Soren Kierkegaard
I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
- Oscar Wilde
yossarian

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:11 pm

Dearest HoL,

You see it was like a river of light

that came through every cell of the body

and shone through every nerve fiber

and its illumination removed all doubts

and from the pregnant spaces of my mind

every utterance imbued with layered meanings

and such possibilities needed exposition

and I painted sacred symbols on the wall of my flat

and they portaled their emanations across London

a living Tifarethic bridge

connecting Kether with West Kensington.

The thing was, Hol, that my fiancée was fucking the guy she worked with - and facing that reality created so much intense pain that for a while was perfectly transmuted in an alchemical tsunami to Spirit. The only way 'out' was 'Up'. Then one day there was nothing more to transmute and she was gone and there was just the ordinary and right then, the ordinary was just filled with loss. When I read your recent posts, I feel such a resonance with it - it is like being scalded with your pain.

HoL, mate, you gotta come back and come back quick. I see a society where you could have done Heyoka and Danced the Backward Dance you desire - but this culture, this time is not it. You are in 21st Century England, with those who need you. Who needs his wits about him and who is ordinary.

Malkuth. Muladhara. Bass Guitar.

I love you :hug1:

Ki

(amended for WR :hug1: )
Last edited by Searcher08 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Searcher08

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 pm

^^ In light of the clearly stated request by HOL to leave family out of it, would you be willing to make some omissions from that otherwise awesome and heartfelt post?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Canadian_watcher » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Searcher!!!!

oh that was a great post - did you see it, HoL? I hope so.

You know, what Searcher wrote resonates with me, too, because when I was alone and raising my little daughter and the whole entire of her world was on my shoulders I barely, barely kept it together sometimes. it is so difficult, sometimes. And every day was exactly the same for long stretches of ... of ... hanging by fingernails.

And Searcher is right. Sometimes we can't indulge in our feelings. As crazy as that sounds. We can't.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Burnt Hill » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:18 pm

brainpanhandler » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am wrote:
Burnt Hill » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 pm wrote:
I think "insensitive and disturbing" a valid interpretation.

If you believe any interpretation is valid then you are correct.

For my part I think HOL understands my post and I sincerely doubt they are disturbed or offended by it and maybe that's the only "interpretation" that matters.

I thought the OP was well said.

My reference is The Hierophant reversed as presented here, not to anything you posted BPH.
If I believe any interpretation is not valid, then I am also correct. So meaningless..
I think in an open forum any member that contributes an interpretation may matter.
If what was provided was meant to be private, then...
:sun:
Burnt Hill

Postby barracuda » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:56 am

Burnt Hill » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:02 pm wrote:
I think "insensitive and disturbing" a valid interpretation.

I suppose the obvious question would be, "why?" Why, and in what way, do you feel it is a valid interpretation of The Hierophant reversed?

I'm occasionally fascinated by the tarot. I drew for some time on a deck of my own design, but it's a bit of a sketch, an abandoned work in progress, composed merely of fragments, I fear. (I discovered rather quickly how big a job it would be.) Here's my Hierophant card in it's current state:

I'm displaying it as a crossing here, because I think it looks better this way and some of my unhappinesses about it seem less important, and also because of the nature of crossing cards generally, and their pertinence to the discussion. The fish appears to be gorging on the head of the priest.

My idea with this card was to somehow capitalize on the mitre of the priest and it's relationship to the Philistine god Dagon,

as well as shades of meaning pulled from images of the fish as vulva of the Goddess.

So while the mitre is usually represented with the mouth of the fish pointed upwards, my contrivance here is that the Hierophant is birthed from the older traditions, as some fish birth their children from their mouths, and this ancient knowledge is obscured even from his own view, above his head, as he acts as the symbol of conformity to the established order. In the reversed lay, the unworkable conventionality of the established order is fountained or even vomited skyward out of the fish, washing over the suspended or falling sycophantic couple above.

As I said, it's unfinished, and in more ways than one.

For this project I had adopted the notion of selecting color palettes for the triumphs from the plumages of birds which I felt had some significance to the specific arcana, in this case a kingfisher:

And, oddly enough, Hammer of Los identifies himself as the Halcyon Hierophant, halcyon being the genus of the kingfisher birds. The association here, that of the groin-wounded Fisher King of Grail lore, adds another layer of interpretation.

Perhaps. But clearly I'm no Grant Morrison. And my personal dao is so dented and run down that I doubt I could give it away free on craigslist.

My first posting on this thread was not meant as an insult to HoL. It was meant to be a bit cryptic, yes, and as a minor bit of a talisman against bad magic, too. I'll admit, Hammer and I have a sometimes difficult relationship. (It almost feels as if he has adopted me as a pet nemesis, if I may flatter myself a bit.) Nevertheless I felt conniption's characterization was an attack, and offensive, and unfairly colored my message. And so, yes, for protection I summoned the dickhead. It was, to be sure, a word poorly chosen, though at the time it struck me as most apt, terse and pointed. It summarized my feelings correctly and named a thing, and that was enough for me at the moment.

But now that I am fully chastised, and cleansed by the ritual of suspension, I shall go and sin no more, in the knowledge of the new zero-tolerance line in the sand regarding the dreaded counter-production of ad hominem. Which is, in a way, I think, a very fun idea.

And my regards and all the cosmic, most powerful dao you can handle, HoL.
barracuda

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion