With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: With regret, Canadian Watcher has been banned.

Postby brainpanhandler » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Searcher08 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:42 pm wrote:
compared2what? » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

non CW cohorts - No The permanent ban should stay
28%

band of CW's sycophantic cohorts - Yes The permanent ban should be lifted
72%

Great. And when that's done, I guess we can started on the others who are plenty to blame, whoever they are.

It wasn't a nice thing for him to have said. But is it really that impossible to see that almost EVERYBODY vents without naming names sometimes for very understandable reasons -- some good, some bad, but usually including not wanting to pick fights with them -- ALL THE TIME?

I don't know. Asking who's being spoken of once is always totally justified, imo. But obviously you should suit yourself and not me.

I appreciate what your saying, the problem with it from my PoV is that it always creates more problems than it's worth. People can be left wondering "where they talking about me?". It can be very destructive.

Bullshit. If the shoe don't fit don't fucking wear it.

Being called a sycophant is not the worst thing one might be called anyway. BFD.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:21 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 pm wrote:wow CW has 22 identities here?...Is that allowed?

Is this serious? I will reconsider all overtures to be null and void if this is true. She has emailed me to quite some skepticism from my cohorts using our "contact page". I do not gossip, but this is something I need to clear up fairly soon. She's given me her side on our contact email.

I did not agree with the banning.

Still do not.

However I cannot have RI madness spilling into our endeavour that I do on my own with others. Not saying it will, but I did something that is both concurrent with two "communities". One a gag company that is totally serious and another a forum that is totally serious but is turning into a gag because of this bullshit.

Let's cut to the fucking chase. I know how everybody must love a bartender analogy from me.

In my view, since she is not drinking alcohol that I am serving her and is simply a personality at RI, she is not 86ed from RI. I have seen far far worse. If this were a motherfucking old skool LAN party where everybody's all hooked up the ethernet cables then yeah. SHE IS DISTANT FROM YOU. Everybody can deal. She needs to know some common bounds and respect them. But do I? No. Does anyone? It depends.

Let's have a poll for the most motherfucking likely RI member to succeed instead.

None of us.

And that is why we are here in the first place.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 pm

here's where that is coming from....and I don't actually believe it but it was said

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:49 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:53 pm wrote:band of sycophantic cohorts winning almost 3 to 1

non CW cohorts - No The permanent ban should stay
28%

band of CW's sycophantic cohorts - Yes The permanent ban should be lifted
72%

The socks are "winning".

barracuda » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm wrote:
solace » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 pm wrote:So whatta ya think? If the socks, "win," will the mods give in? Or is this just an academic exercise?

Exercise.

seemslikeadream wrote:would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?

Yeah.

Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?

Or are you just behaving poorly because the vote isn't going the way you'd like?

False dicotomy. I am saying the poll is illegitimate, meaningless, and subverts the forum. I don't care if Canadian_watcher comes back or not, frankly, because I know she'll just act up again, and probably end up banned.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Ben D » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:30 pm

barracuda » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:21 am wrote:.
seemslikeadream wrote:would you clarify that comment? Would that be socks as in sock puppets?

Yeah.
Jerky wrote:Do you have proof of this assertion that sock-puppets are rigging the vote?

Do you have any that they aren't?

Seems to me that since you are making the claim, the onus is on you to put up...
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby justdrew » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 pm

As far as I'm concerned, she got herself banned, by the book. Earned it. Mods decision must stand. CW can go chat elsewhere. If that bothers you too much, please follow. DO NOT engage in endless bullshit drama. lock this thread is my advice.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 pm

82_28 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:21 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:32 pm wrote:wow CW has 22 identities here?...Is that allowed?

Is this serious? I will reconsider all overtures to be null and void if this is true. She has emailed me to quite some skepticism from my cohorts using our "contact page". I do not gossip, but this is something I need to clear up fairly soon. She's given me her side on our contact email.

Still do not.

However I cannot have RI madness spilling into our endeavour that I do on my own with others. Not saying it will, but I did something that is both concurrent with two "communities". One a gag company that is totally serious and another a forum that is totally serious but is turning into a gag because of this bullshit.

Let's cut to the fucking chase. I know how everybody must love a bartender analogy from me.

In my view, since she is not drinking alcohol that I am serving her and is simply a personality at RI, she is not 86ed from RI. I have seen far far worse. If this were a motherfucking old skool LAN party where everybody's all hooked up the ethernet cables then yeah. SHE IS DISTANT FROM YOU. Everybody can deal. She needs to know some common bounds and respect them. But do I? No. Does anyone? It depends.

Let's have a poll for the most motherfucking likely RI member to succeed instead.

None of us.

Slad was not being serious about CW having 22 identities. It was a joke response to Fish's earlier claim that any poll would be controlled by a few people with a lot of sock puppet accounts.

Not even Fish is saying CW specifically has 22 socks on here, he is merely claiming that it is possible that MAYBE 10 of her followers/friends/cohorts whatever the fuck you people want to call them, with 2 or 3 socks each, could control a poll but I dont see any evidence for that most people who have posted in this thread said they would vote to lift the ban, that accounts for most of the votes right there, I am sure there is a sock or two or three, but nobody is saying CW has 22 of them.

Lordy people, lets not get ridiculous here.

It seems this place has become so tense and divided there is no room for humor and sarcasm anymore, every comment is taken seriously and used against someone LOL

I am not referring to you 82, you just missed out on how it all ended up with comments like the above being made.

Not a big deal, trust me. Nobody is saying CW has 22 socks on here.
Last edited by Hunter on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hunter

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:02 am

humor is posted with a smilie :D

sarcasm is posted in green

I saw none of that

I am not referring to you 82, you just missed out on how it all ended up with comments like the above being made.

It's all laid out right there two posts above
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Project Willow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 am

Concur with JD. It's near time to move this thread anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if interpersonal conflict feels safer and more compelling than what's going on in the world, sort of like our own little incestuous version of celebrity media.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am

Project Willow » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 pm wrote:Concur with JD. It's near time to move this thread anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if interpersonal conflict feels safer and more compelling than what's going on in the world, sort of like our own little incestuous version of celebrity media.

Really? We can't go another 20 or 30 pages? This is nothing compared to what you let go for AD
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 am

RI is just not fun anymore, I hope that changes, I will keep checking to see, otherwise there are more relaxing places to hang out and spend my time.

You all take care. Fix the place.
Hunter

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 am

Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:07 pm wrote:RI is just not fun anymore, I hope that changed, I will keep checking to see, otherwise there are more relaxing places to hang out and spend my time.

You came here to relax?
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:09 am

justdrew » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:36 pm wrote:As far as I'm concerned, she got herself banned, by the book. Earned it. Mods decision must stand. CW can go chat elsewhere. If that bothers you too much, please follow. DO NOT engage in endless bullshit drama. lock this thread is my advice.

I understand this! But seriously, we are facing one motherfucking existential crisis at RI. This, I will call as, the HIGH WATER MARK.

We're threatening ourselves. No offense Hunter, but who the fuck are you? I am sure you are a decent entity.

We live in a digital age. Are we to remain friends within this digital divide in which feelings and emotions are expressed digitally? We need a new God.

Somehow this Digital God will be invented out of bullshit like this. I am not standing up for C_W's positions, but to ban her was lame as fuck because it exemplifies who we are as people meeting over a digital medium and how very fucking much we do not get it. Sure she could be a fucking bitch/asshole and also very sweet -- just like I am a dick, cocksucker god, who knows. I am not standing up for her for her sake other than that I am. I am standing up for us, Jeff and all of the etceteras. But none of us are clean here if we let a long time human who digitally inhabited this place no longer digitally inhabit the same place she knew because of some password that has been cancelled.

Imagine if your real password got cancelled. That's right. You don't have one because they don't exist. They only exist when we create them. Now extend this reality of unreality unto a perfectly existing entity and tell this entity that the entity no longer has password access.

SORRY. PASSWORD CANCELLED.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby brainpanhandler » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 am

Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm wrote: There has to be some give and take, some tit for tat for there to be any progress.

Interpreting this charitably, yes.

No one here need ever reveal the slightest self doubt. No one here need ever give even an inch or express the teensiest honest self reflection, ever.

But guess what. If they did, my hardened heart would instantly start melting. I'm a sucker for that.

Think about it. Ask yourself which members regularly question their own assumptions, regularly publicly air their own misgivings, regularly apologize and admit error without reservation, regularly feel secure enough to open up and reveal their own weakness, vanity, humanity? Regularly offer opportunities to let go of the past and begin anew?

Who are those members? Those are my friends here. I love them as much as one can love someone they have never met.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby justdrew » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 am

Hunter » 21 Jul 2013 21:07 wrote:RI is just not fun anymore, I hope that changes, I will keep checking to see, otherwise there are more relaxing places to hang out and spend my time.

we've made a darn good start. cya.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:17 am

Hunter » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:59 pm wrote:
82_28 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:21 pm wrote:

Still do not.

None of us.

Slad was not being serious about CW having 22 identities. It was a joke response to Fish's earlier claim that any poll would be controlled by a few people with a lot of sock puppet accounts.

Not even Fish is saying CW specifically has 22 socks on here, he is merely claiming that it is possible that MAYBE 10 of her followers/friends/cohorts whatever the fuck you people want to call them, with 2 or 3 socks each, could control a poll but I dont see any evidence for that most people who have posted in this thread said they would vote to lift the ban, that accounts for most of the votes right there, I am sure there is a sock or two or three, but nobody is saying CW has 22 of them.

Lordy people, lets not get ridiculous here.

It seems this place has become so tense and divided there is no room for humor and sarcasm anymore, every comment is taken seriously and used against someone LOL

Not a big deal, trust me. Nobody is saying CW has 22 socks on here.

Yes. I get this, bro. And the lack of fucking sincerity in the whole thing "speaks more" to the human condition. We're just a restaurant about to go out of business. Sucks but, as I have said, CW would be an easy person to deal with in real life. Internet Time, everything becomes HYPER SERIOUS for people who don't interact with CONSTANTLY the random public. I do both.
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]