Hey there! Long time.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hey there! Long time.

Postby norton ash » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Sending the Batsignal to Jeff. Hi Jeff... very interested in your views on pressfortruth.ca, especially regarding the videos IanEye posted in the Clear Blue Tuesday thread. Thanks.
Zen horse
norton ash

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

^^ re that Mulcair fellow - he freaked me out a bit - watching the video clips, he immediately struck me as an actor playing the part of a politician, but with too much gusto. Hugely exaggerated smiles, rehearsed answers, revelling in the spotlight etc - yeah, I know all politicians train for that kind of shite, but his demeanor is screaming falseness. I was so sure that he was an actor, I had to check that he really had existed as a political figure in the past - and not just beyond a few months ago. (This compulsive checking may be due to mental illness on my part, but nethertheless, needed doing :blankstare )

re the claims of the vid: the world seems to makes a lot more sense when the 'left-wing' and 'right-wing' tags are dropped and all are viewed as part of a whole.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Laodicean » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:57 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:^^ re that...fellow - he freaked me out a bit - watching the video clips ... :blankstare )

re the claims of the vid: the world seems to makes a lot more sense when the 'left-wing' and 'right-wing' tags are dropped and all are viewed as part of a whole.

:tiphat:

Jeff » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 am wrote:
Milton Acorn wrote:
MY BIG HEART

Doctor listened with his stethoscope
To my inner machinery, and said
"You've got a big heart; thumping out time
All around your chest."

I said, "Yes I know
Since every undeservedly aimed blow
Ever driven at anyone has hit it.

"It's swelling all the time with hope
For this one, that one, others popping out
From wombs firing like machine-guns
Each new person jumped and mugged for profit,
Learning language by hearing himself cursed
For being here and ever having done
Anything except for a bully's gain:
Starting with the crime of birth.

"Doctor: It's for a bomb I need this big heart
To smash those liars into a great squashed stain
When the pressure jumps too much, and it blows apart."

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:29 am

I'm not on FB, but I know some of you guys are, is Jeff okay? Health-wise? Is he fully recovered?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Project Willow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:42 am

^Seems to be fine and posting regularly, especially about Canadian politics.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Laodicean » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Project Willow » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 am wrote:^Seems to be fine and posting regularly, especially about Canadian politics.

Just not here. :tongout Not everybody is friends with everybody on Facebook.

Laodicean

Postby lucky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:17 am

FB is not a place you can have forum like disussions - tis a shame that Jeff is posting there and not here. Then again i have no interest in canadian politics..but hanker after the days when i would check out the blog and get a thrill when he posted a new thang on the weird and wonderful : (
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby The Consul » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Jeff has a pretty unique view and vibe that is kind of like "Men Who Stare at Goats" only it goes beyond that, way beyond. In the early days, before RI moved over here from Blogspot, Jeff was on fire. If you have not read his book, you should, and if you like what you see here, you will love going over all his posts on blogspot that go back I think to 2004. There is some really amazing stuff there. I re-read it and mine it.

What I also miss from the old site was Jeff's Dylan quotes and his illustrations that accompanied most of his posts. Maybe this RI became his Frankenstein. There are some very challenging & intelligent posters here, some deep divers who come up with great insights revelations and writings you might never have seen other than here. I can see how some have gone exhausted, astray, away. For Jeff I imagine after a while it was like juggling invisible balls that keep changing number and weight.

For me the problem with RI, beside the acrimony that sometimes seems like a forum for people trying to work out their emotional problems, is it has always been like stepping into another dimension, like getting to be a fly on the wall in the room of The Absurd.

And then the phone rings, the baby cries, or the boss's shadow comes over you and you have to morph back out of the fly, into the world where many taken-for-granted assumptions dissolve. When you try to take some of what is here, out there, people will look at you like you are Satan's altar boy/girl. And the world becomes a place like that one experiment where the Harvard or whatever school students voluntarily checked in to the asylum and after a few months more than have of them were insane. Arbeit Macht Frie, welcome to Teabaggerstan....

What Jeff established with RI can be a trans-formative experience. I am not an organizational co-conspirator inspirator. I have an old brain injury I'm guessing that makes me incapable of dealing with linear time values. Still, however unlikely, whatever one thinks or feels, there is no reason why RI can't become something even better than what it once was.
Just seems a little more likely with Jeff, than without.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Well said, Consul. I also miss Jeff, his wit and writing wrestling skills. The Dylan quotes, Jeff's ingenuity with photoshop - fellows like Iridescent Cuttlefish, (What a beautiful creature!), I too, miss, along with the truly intelligent discussions that shook me awake that were once exhibited here by several, but lately limited to few members.

Perhaps, nay, indeed I have acted rudely towards others far too often. (It is difficult at times to reign in my double-scorpio from outrageously ruling over my online persona - not an excuse for poor behaviour in any circumstance, but such is my reality.) I am a passionate person in all aspects. I am more often than not, empathic. (How I want to write "always," instead of "more often" but we know that's not truthful.) So, perhaps the consternation of continually dealing with the unruly also plays into the reasoning for Jeff's long absence?

Let's us not forget the deep wounding long ago inflicted upon his soul by certain members and others too eager to believe rumor nor the impact such erroneous accusations would have upon the innocent.

Personally, I think Jeff's been experiencing a writer's equivalent of the "Garden Party Syndrome." Just thank the stars he didn't crash and burn like the syndrome's originator and hope against hope we'll soon once again feel the power of his words and dance with the stirring images of the great contemporary writer Jeff Wells.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Laodicean » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Laodicean

Postby lucky » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 am

....You know I keep thinking about re=reading the old posts on the blog, but I do have a 'thing' about reading things over however im pretty sure my with piss poor memory anything writen over 5 years ago would be as fresh to me now as it was when I first read it :/
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby elpuma » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:54 am

Would love to see you start posting regularly on your blog again!
elpuma

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:20 pm

I didn't realize the thread title was a prediction.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby zangtang » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:25 pm

first one to mention 'waiting for godot' goes straight to gaol & do not collect 200 oh hold on........
zangtang

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

As the great day of celebration approaches, the natives become more and more restless.

Patience! For surely the day will come and the rejoicing commence.

Give the guy a break, will ya? It's known he's been freed from his confinement where "They" pumped him full of anticoagulants, (undoubtedly an effort to scatter his thoughts) and it takes time to recover (those wisps of memories peeking out from the fringe of reality).

It's been said that by one who also survived such captivity, that full recovery requires first wading into one's stream of conscience before plunging in headwrong.
Iamwhomiam

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion