High Weirdness in 2018 and Beyond

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

High Weirdness in 2018 and Beyond

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am

So, in the spirit of focusing on things beyond politics, I want to ask about the paranormal/high weirdness things going on today.
It's all well and good to talk about the FInders, or Area 51, but we're in a new generation now, and who knows what names such folk are going by or what unmapped bases contain the latest tech or back-engineered aircraft.

Others here are certainly more expert in these subjects than I, such as elfismiles, among others.

I almost put this in Ufology thread, but I think this general idea deserves its own, newer place.

For example, I recently discovered The Gralien Report. I have listened to a few episodes. They don't seem to have anything groundbreaking, but they discuss high weirdness stuff from a POV that is skeptical but not disbelieving. It's as if they're somewhere between Coast to Coast AM and CNN - willing to listen and not necessarily shitting on anything a la CNN, but not buying something just because the purveyor throws advertising dollars in their direction. Just my impression.

So that's a topic ripe for discussion - who is and isn't worth listening to vs. being a sellout commercial whore who buys everything or skeptic who downplays everything ...?

Has anyone else ever been chased by the devil down a long hallway? Have you ever heard of Brother Frisby, who was convinced aliens were demons in UFOs? Is it possible his predictions (visions, alleged) were just 30-40 years off? Did anyone else ever meet someone on a bus who made frightening apocalyptic predictions that have arguably come true? Let's discuss, without insult.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: High Weirdness in 2018 and Beyond

Postby elfismiles » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:55 am

Hola mentalgongfu2 - thanks for the thread / inquiry.

Coming off of / home from ParaMania3 in New Orleans I've been feeling very reflective for a variety of reasons - some of which get at, I think, what you are alluding to in terms of a "shift" in the paranormal scene.

I'd been pleased to see (6-9+ months ago) a seeming uptick in the use of the phrase "High Strangeness" but I can't really say I've seen it as much as that brief run.

See what google-trends says...
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%22high%20strangeness%22,%22high%20weirdness%22
... zoom out to the max ... HUGE spike in late January 2017 for "high strangeness"

I love Micah Hanks and his various projects - carry his Gralien Report on my Anomaly Radio Network ... and was pleased to finally meet him at the first ParaMania in Dallas in 2016:

http://www.anomalyarchives.org/public-h ... paramania/
http://www.anomalyarchives.org/public-h ... las-texas/
http://binnallofamerica.com/paramaniaFAQ.html

... part of my reflecting on this is based on my own observations over the past several years but also most recently from Tim Binnall's comments during his BoA (Binnall of America) Season Finale show that was broadcast live Sunday night from NOLA (unfortunately AFTER my wife and I had to leave for home and miss both the lecture portion of the ParaMania and said live show - though we were listening live to the simulcast of it on my webradio station)... and during said finale Binnall commented on his perception of the shift in the paranormal scene - reflecting on his retiring of his BoA interview format after 10 seasons (having started podcasting back in I think 2005 -like me, doing so before the word 'podcast' existed- I started carrying his show in 2006).

I will have to think on who might be the best / most worth listening to RE: High Weirdness ... there are so many good and even great podcasts out there - many who've been at this a while as well / yet many who still seem like newbs to me. So I too will be interested to hear others perceptions on these questions.

BTW - remind me who Brother Frisby is?
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby DrEvil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Not strictly high weirdness, as it's almost certainly some sort of natural phenomena, but they're setting up a new research station to study the Hessdalen lights. It will be permanently manned with graduate students for the next 7-8 years if I remember correctly (my sources were all in Norwegian, so I can't be bothered to go dig them up. If someone really wants them I can have a look).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 pm

I just had a friend relate to me a story of slipping time and space in the Jerome Arizona — departing a lively bar in town only to return 10 minutes later to a complete ghost town. People keep relaying these missing time or “glitch in the matrix” stories to me because of my interests, I suppose.

I feel like I haven’t come across any real meaty stuff lately. Other than the actual prospect of real disclosure and all attendant implications.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:22 am

Elfismiles - Brother Frisby is Neal Frisby of the Capstone Cathedral in Arizona.
I had family members who became deeply involved in this church, which I dare say may have been more of a cult.
Or at least inspired cult-like behavior.

They were quite enamored by him and his preaching.
I used to have a book he wrote that detailed his theology and predictions, or "prophecies" as he called them at the time. I stupidly loaned it to a friend who later claimed to not have it, so it has been lost to me, though I would love to find an old copy. He made the mistake of putting dates to his predictions. So it was interesting to own it in the 1990s and early 2000s, when all of the predictions ended in the 1980s or before. A lot of it had to do with geopolitics, and some of them still seemed relevant if one ignored the dates.

But the bit that always stuck with me was his discussion of extraterrestrials as demons. He acknowledged the experience of alleged UFO abductees, but argued that the extra-terrestrials were demons from another dimension- basically from hell, as I recall. There may have been a bit about the apparent technology as Satan's deception, though I wouldn't swear to that bit.

I constantly regret having loaned that book out. He struck me as crazy, but still worth listening to. I wish I had that book to analyze now. My family members who followed Frisby did so to an extent that they eventually cut ties with the rest of us for many years. They were throwing away paintings of 'Jesus' at my grandparents house because they considered that idol worship. That ordeal created some distance between my side of the family and theirs that hasn't been entirely bridged, though we've had some contact since then.

I found this article, which has a lot of information I didn't know. The part with which I'm familiar seems legitimate. I only skimmed the rest for now, and it adds some layers to the story I was not aware of at all. But it's a good starting point, at least, from what I can tell.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/the-frisby-legacy-6432508
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby American Dream » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:03 am

American Dream

Postby norton ash » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Trump barking fucking mad on Fox and Friends this morning rose to high weirdness. He's nuts.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby 82_28 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 pm

norton ash » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:57 pm wrote:Trump barking fucking mad on Fox and Friends this morning rose to high weirdness. He's nuts.

Fuck yeah he is. I just got done watching it on the teev from the "liberal" coverage of it. Jesus H. That has to be the "jumping of the shark". I mean, it has to. Apparently, Murdoch was already alerted to the call before it happened and was listening in and it got so bad that he personally called in for production to cut it off. Of all the ill thoughts we may have about American presidents of the past, boy, that guy is not a president. If he was actually a human he'd take an afternoon nap and wake up and say "oh my god. What the fuck did I do this morning?"
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 am

ok I'll edit my post and add this instead but you can't talk about High Weirdness without talk of you know who

Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 am

Yeah yeah. Unless something highly weird happens with all that let's keep this thread on topic. I shouldn't have made an overture to derail this into a trump thread. Norton didn't, I sort of did by reacting. My bad.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 am

82_28 » 27 Apr 2018 09:13 wrote:Yeah yeah. Unless something highly weird happens with all that let's keep this thread on topic. I shouldn't have made an overture to derail this into a trump thread. Norton didn't, I sort of did by reacting. My bad.

Except that HE (whose name I shall not speak in this post) IS the grossest example of our HIGH WEIRDNESS OVERTON WINDOW SHIFT that we are all living through - as we continue fragmenting off into our own individualized shattered-reality Mandela-Effect time-threads.

I had my own Mandela moment (small and insignificant though itwas) while in the Faeryland of NOLA for ParaMania3 ... It was Josh Cutchin's (author of such fine books as "A Trojan Feast" about the crossover of forbidden foods tween faery, bigfoot, alien encounters) birthday so I posted to his fb wall. I remember posting to his facebook page a picture of a faery on a cake and typed "Don't eat the birthday cake while you are in FaeryLand..." implying that NOLA was a type of FaeryLand and thus referencing said Trojan Feast book.

But later in the day when I re-read my post to him it said: "Some birthday cake for you while you are in FaeryLand..."

... that is NOT what I remember typing ... I know about autocorrect but I don't think that's what happened.

:ohwh :clown :eeyaa

ETA - Oh, and while we were in New Orleans for ParaMania ... this aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFpTLEnrqU

The Simpsons and MST3k have always been culture-drenched sync-engines.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Grizzly » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/8eyozu/could_they_hide_god/
Could "They" Hide God?

“But you can't prove God exists. And isn't that what all science is ultimately about? Proving theories about the universe?"

"Provability is not truth, Caro. Godel's incompleteness theorem tells us that, if we didn't already know it intuitively, which we do.” ― Anna Jarzab (The Opposite of Hallelujah)

What exactly is Godel’s incompleteness theorem?

"Gödel's incompleteness theorems is the name given to two theorems (true mathematical statements), proved by Kurt Gödel in 1931. They are theorems in mathematical logic. Mathematicians once thought that everything that is true has a mathematical proof. A system that has this property is called complete; one that does not is called incomplete. Also, mathematical ideas should not have contradictions. This means that they should not be true and false at the same time. A system that does not include contradictions is called consistent. Gödel said that every non-trivial (interesting) formal system is either incomplete or inconsistent: [1]

There will always be questions that cannot be answered, using a certain set of axioms;
You cannot prove that a system of axioms is consistent, unless you use a different set of axioms .

Those theorems are important to mathematicians because they prove that is impossible to create a set of axioms that explains everything in math."

(https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3% ... s_theorems)."

In other words, not all “truth” has proof that we can see – sometimes it is intuitive. Many people ask for evidence of God, claiming they cannot see proof of God in any way, but they may not realize proof may come in other forms. I am NOT here to prove or disprove God - you can do that on your own time. Again, I am not here to argue whether or not God exists – you can reach your own conclusions. It is also important to note that I understand that Godel’s theorem is about mathematics, but I still feel that its general notion can be applied to other areas, like spirituality.

To reiterate, this post is not meant to prove or disprove God. If you hate God, this post may not be for you. Rather, this post is to discuss that hypothetically, if God did exist, then here is how and why “they” would hide him. Let’s start with how.

Creativity

It's my opinion that there is an all out WAR on Creativity.

thought some may find this 'High Weirdness' ...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby 82_28 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 am

. . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
82_28

Postby minime » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 pm

If this picture is seen as a representation of time rather than space (what some might inadequately call evolution, it makes perfect sense. Almost inevitable.

Calling it high weirdness is the only weird thing about it.
minime

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Months ago I thought of starting a thread called "The strange death of High Weirdness", because it appears to have expired.

Somewhere in Jonathan Ott's Pharmacotheon, he quotes Maria Sabina, lamenting that after Western tourists had started turning up in increasing numbers to her village and essentially pestering her for a quick fix, the spirits of the mushroom -- los niños, the children, "the dear sweet little ones" -- began to lose their power and virtue, would no longer speak clearly to her, and eventually vanished. Communication breakdown. A lifetime of daily connection with magic was ended. The visions were gone. She was bereft.

One of those gringos was an undercover CIA agent, who acquired the "samples" he was after and departed double-quick. Presumably he took those "dear sweet little ones" straight back to Langley for "testing", to see if they could be weaponized.

Still, the village now had T-shirts and Coca-Cola, and no doubt today it has cable TV and a good WLAN connection so it can commune non-stop with the spirit of Anderson Cooper and keep up with The News. No need to ask where los niños had gone.

Caution: May contain children

How can High Weirdness survive in a world of low cunning, chronic dishonesty, and egotistical greed? Like Moloch, capital eats children. Like Midas, it kills everything it touches. The term "vision" now denotes something admen boast of owning and being eager to sell for a price. Instead of shamans or mediums, today we have media, everywhere, all the time, turning gold into shit, always selling it to the highest bidder, always hawking it at high volume, and always forcing it on the most helplessly hooked "consumers".

Full Spectrum Dominance. There's no escaping the American Dream. So it was inevitable that Trump would turn up immediately in this thread too.

(tl;dr: Virtual Reality killed High Weirdness.)
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Next

Return to General Discussion