Hollywood Scripting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Hollywood Scripting

Postby Pierre d'Achoppement » Sun May 20, 2012 8:48 am

One of the guys in Ace of Base was a neonazi - fact!

Life and career

Ace of Base released its debut album in 1992 and went on to attain major chart success throughout the 1990s.

Ekberg has produced several artists, TV productions, films and events and has sold over 40 million records world wide. With Ace of Base's The Sign (1993), he was #1 on the Billboards single and album list for six weeks and sold - as the only non-American band ever - diamond with the album. 1993 he was nominated in the USA for three Grammy Awards, won two American Music Awards, two Billboard Awards and eight World Music Awards. Ace of Base have reached the #1 world wide chart position and released four albums and one 'best of' album with four new songs.

Ulf restarted Ace of Base in 2006, touring the world with them from 2007 to 2009. In 2009 he started a new music production/publishing and management company together with Jonas Berggren based in LA, London and Stockholm.

Ulf is the creator and producer of the award-winning TV-format "Magician Impossible", featuring one of the world's leading magician: Joe Labero. "Magician Impossible" has been broadcast in over 30 countries, including at Saturday night prime time on UK's largest TV-channel: ITV.

He celebrated the Millennium (2000) with Bill Clinton at the White House.[1][2] Every year, he donates money for cancer research, and often contributes at different charity events. He also actively supports projects that focus on child protection and their future around the world, including the HIV problem in Africa. He has been involved with several projects together with UNESCO and Save the Children.[3]

After Ekberg experienced the tsunami in Phuket, Thailand he founded the Surin Relief Fund to support affected children by providing facilities to educate children and care for orphaned children.[4]

He has also frequently been a strategic advisor to several global consumer brands and active in many "think tanks" both regarding environmental issues and global businesses. He is currently on the respected business magazine BusinessWeek's advisory board[5] and advises Dr Ashok Khosla, the President of International Union for Conservation of Nature.

For two years, Ulf was active as a senior adviser for Team SEB and their $40 million investment in the Volvo Ocean Race.

Over the last ten years Ulf has also taken a leading role in a range of companies operating in the media and entertainment sector, including the strategic marketing company "Result",[6] which has offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Neo-nazi activities

In its 27 March 1993 edition, the Swedish newspaper Expressen reported that Ekberg had once been a member of a band called "Commit Suiside" [sic], which sang songs with explicit racist lyrics. It had been debated, but thus far never proven that these songs were recorded by Commit Suiside.[citation needed] Commit Suiside was a neo-nazi band active in Gothenburg from 1983 to 1986. Other media outlets reported that Ekberg had been a neo-nazi skinhead.[7][8][9] In 1988 he was a part of the leadership of the Sweden Democrats in Gothenburg.[10]

In the 1997 documentary Our Story, Ekberg said: "I told everyone I really regret what I done. I closed that book. I don't want to even talk about it, that time does not exist in me any more. I closed it and I threw the book away 1987. I took the experience from it, I learned from it. But that life is not me. It's somebody else."

In 1998 some of his old songs were released on the compilation album Uffe was a Nazi!. Including songs like Rör inte vårt land (Don't touch our land), Vit makt, svartskalleslakt! (White Power, black head slaughter) and a translated cover of Skrewdriver's Smash the IRA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulf_Ekberg

An intresting cv, to say the least!
Jeff: I'm afraid that Earth, a-all of Earth, is nothing but an intergalactic reality-TV show.
Man 2: My God. We're famous! [everyone stands and whoops it up]
- script from "Cancelled" - South Park
Pierre d'Achoppement

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Pierre d'Achoppement » Sun May 20, 2012 9:11 am

More about Joe Labero, whose show Ulf "Ace of Base" Ekberg is the producer and creator of (see above):

Vegas run by gays and Jews, says magician
http://www.thelocal.se ^ | 05/11/2007 | Paul O'Mahony

Swedish magician Joe Labero has provoked a strong reaction with suggestions that Las Vegas is controlled by "Jewish business syndicates, American dollar millionaires and homosexual booking agents". The magic master's comments were made in an interview with rail company SJ's on-board magazine Kupé.

As a prelude to his controversial thesis, Labero explained that he has long been close to getting his own show in Las Vegas.

"But at the end of the day it seems to be impossible - unless you are a homosexual, a Jew or an American.

"I don't mean to sound prejudiced of course, I'm just cynical. A blond Swedish Viking will have a hard time breaking through the hierarchies that control Vegas, where power rests in the hands of Jewish business syndicates, American dollar millionaires and homosexual booking agents.

"But I will get there, sooner of later," Labero told the magazine.

Joe Labero is the stage name of Lars Bengt Roland Johansson.

Sören Andersson, chairman of the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Rights (RFSL) took exception to the illusionist's remarks.

"I think it's rather nasty to say thinks like this. The implication is that everybody who is not ether Jewish or homosexual is being discriminated against," he told The Local.

"It is reminiscent of the world-famous Jewish conspiracy, now extended to also include Jews. But these are two groups that have typically been the victims of discrimination.

"Putting the blame on specific groups says more about Joe Labero than anybody else," he added.

The editor of Kupé magazine admitted that he had been hesitant about publishing the controversial quotes.

"We discussed this a lot internally before arriving at the conclusion that it would be controversial and inappropriate in the context of a Swedish discussion.

"But we also raised it in the context of an American discussion, where it is not considered controversial to say that decisions in Hollywood are dominated by Jewish, homosexual and American interests," Gunnar Wesslén told newspaper Resumé.

Rail operator SJ has taken up the matter with Mediabolaget, the company responsible for producing the magazine on its behalf.

"We are having serious talks with the editor and the company about what has happened and why it was allowed to happen," press spokesman Mark Vadasz told Resumé.

Joe Labero meanwhile has shelved his plans for a Vegas show as he instead sets his sights on Asia.

"I am quite simply a bit tired of the Yanks at the moment," he told Kupé.

http://www.icare.to/news.php?en/2007-05

In 2003 Labero had over 30 Ship of Illusions shows along the Scandinavian coast. Bill Clinton attended one of the shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Labero

Sorry to be soemwhat offtopic, it's Joe's fault for bringing up Ace of Base.
Jeff: I'm afraid that Earth, a-all of Earth, is nothing but an intergalactic reality-TV show.
Man 2: My God. We're famous! [everyone stands and whoops it up]
- script from "Cancelled" - South Park
Pierre d'Achoppement

Blog: View Blog (1)

eye saw the sign

Postby IanEye » Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 am

check out this oddness:

i updated my iTunes podcast list yesterday and was amused to find that the latest episode of The Nerdist podcast was titled "Bass In Yo Face".
This seemed in line with Hugh's bass/base ponderings.

So then i went to the Nerdist website to get the link to share with the folks her at RI.
But this morning when i went back to the link, they had mysteriously renamed the episode "Mr. Minstrel".
But if you notice, they didn't bother to change the web address.

I can only conclude that the dark forces have realized that Hugh is on to them, and the jig is up.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby peartreed » Sun May 20, 2012 4:34 pm

On page 19 of this thread HMW suggests:

Bye.
on edit - Oh, but do discuss.
Especially, peartreed, how all those movies and tv episodes priming us for 9/11 came about.
Nothing spookier than 'X-Files' and 'The Lone Gunmen' productions.

I have discussed those two shows, specifically, on page 4. (May 11) page 5. (May 12) and page 7. (May 13) in a continuing conversational attempt to generate further factual (versus fantasied) exploration here of possible (not proclaimed) CIA influence on scripts.

If you had actually looked beyond your ego to read and retain any information in posts other than your own, and the responses to them, you would know I already sparked those spookier episodes for exploration here. Your urging me to so in your faux farewell is further confession of your martyred megalomaniacal myopia.
peartreed

Blog: View Blog (0)

if you want to defeat your enemy, sing his song.

Postby IanEye » Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 pm

peartreed wrote:Your urging me to so in your faux farewell is further confession of your martyred megalomaniacal myopia.

I think it is far more likely that you simply have hurt Hugh's feelings.

To be fair, on a linear time line, it is quite possible that Hugh hurt your feelings first.

MinM has been kind enough to kick a thread eye started many years ago.

From that thread I will exerpt the following:

IanEye wrote:
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=139801#p139801

Mr. Wins, once you have hipped people on this board to the concept of keyword hijacking, they are free to look for keyword hijacking wherever they see fit.

If they come back to this board and describe an instance where they think they see keyword hijacking, that is a win for you Mr. Wins. You would be well advised to not discourage them, even if you don't see what they see.
Otherwise, the next time you try to force a connection between the military naming a mine after a particular gastropod and Hollywood naming a "bee"-movie after the same gastropod, when anybody who has visited the ocean in the past two centuries has also pointed to some shiny rocks and said, "Look! a limpet!" well you open yourself up for some satyrization, my friend.

You have commited yourself to this concept, anybody who brings up the concept, in any fashion, satirical or otherwise, is helping you validate the concept.

But you do not own the concept.

Peartreed, Hugh hurt my feelings, and I was angry, so I posted the above "High Jacking" thread.

But over time we mended the fences that make good neighbors, and we get along just fine here in RI, even though we disagree on a lot of things.

In the end, this space belongs to Jeff.

I appreciate this space, and the fact that Jeff allows me the time to hang around here.

There is another member of this board who goes by the name of MacCruiskeen, and once he hurt my feelings so badly that eye was reduced to communicating almost exclusively here with images & song lyrics.

I chose to do this because for the most part neither the images or the lyrics were my own, so if they were exposed to ridicule, at least I could say to myself, "hey, that individual just ranked on the lyrics of ZZ Top, not anything I actually wrote" or, "hey, if people want to diminish the lens of Diane Arbus, it's not like my eye was behind that camera".

But time heals a lot of things.

MacCruiskeen & Me, we rock out to a lot of tunes now, and we respect each other when we pick out a song on the juke box that the other might not like.

Truth be told, away from the internet, I gained a great deal by donning a persona here at RI where I accept the limitations of only echoing back the words & images of others.

Perhaps it is time I shed the mask of "Eye" here at RI.

Perhaps not.

The point is, there is a real human being behind the persona of Hugh Manatee Wins.

There is a real human being behind the persona of IanEye.

Personas are masks, and masks are personas.

They protect some aspects of a human's identity, and they exaggerate other aspects.

I choose to often communicate here through lyrics & images. But away from the internet, when I buy my groceries, eye don't pay for them by quoting Gwen Guthrie's "Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent".

Likewise, you and I both have to accept the fact that the human being that here at RI is locked in to the persona of Hugh Manatee Wins exists outside of the internet in a fashion that behaves quite differently than he/she does here at RI.

If anyone here at RI can't accept that, including the person who adopts the "Hugh" persona, than your problem really lies with "Jeff Wells", and your best strategy going forward is to leave this board.

Because this is Jeff's world, we just visit here.

So to the human being that currently inhabits the persona of "peartreed", be careful of adopting the practice of alliteration, once you work that into your persona, you may find it harder to shed than you think.

I have chosen to stay with the persona of IanEye, with all of its' faults, while others on this board go through masks like chocolates on an Advent Calendar.

I will leave it to the readers of this board to decide which is the healthier approach.

Be kind to Hugh, as you would to others, the rewards are there if you look for them.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Bill Wyman and sometimes Keith Richards - insidious. And I thought they were bad only as rock and roll robber barons.

(And if Hugh had only stuck to the example of the two redheads, one from "Brave" and one from Murdoch Worlddomination Newscorp, I'd have been forced to consider it as more than a coincidence.)

Anyway, peartreed: it's time not to see certain things. Let's just have the discussion on this thread that you started, because it's very good and something that interests many of us on RI.

(Oops, may seem out of place after the moving post by Mr. Eye. But anyway, the point is, let's continue with the subject, not the distractions as we each perceive them.)
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby peartreed » Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Thank you IanEye, JackRiddler (and others earlier offering a friendlier focus).

Rest assured I’m not consumed by anger, angst or animosity.

The real me is enjoying a bowl of fresh strawberries as I type, having spent an hour reading storybooks snuggled on a sofa next to my grandson and, earlier, exploring buttercups out on the lawn with my almost one-year-old, gentle granddaughter.

I have a rich and rewarding other life behind the persona of peartreed.

That earlier life also included the common educational and conditional coping with the class bully, the cruel colleague and the village idiot. I also learned that being the class clown or oracle created unexpected conflict, and stepping on the toes of the ego entrenched, even with intrepid trepidation, tended to take a toll in retaliation.

And leaving a litter of alliteration is just my little litterbox for laughing release.

When under attack from a water monster without legs to stand on, I’m actually amused more often than annoyed, but the bile comes bubbling out when there’s no break in the bullshit to enable others’ intelligent and informed exploration.

Those few who know the real me here also know I’ve been around this place and the paranormal, psi, conspiracy, ufology fields for some considerable time due, mostly, to personal encounters causing the crises and a required quest for their resolution.

That is where the frustration forms, as fools rush in to deflect and refocus to the frivolous, false, fictional and fraudulent phenomena of their fanatical fantasies.

But your warm warnings, wisdom, wit and well wishes are welcomed.

A valued, old colleague of mine, coincidentally with the real name Hugh Main, reminded me also that life can be better when you embrace your enemies.

It just sometimes requires giving them an enema first.
peartreed

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Pierre d'Achoppement wrote:One of the guys in Ace of Base was a neonazi - fact!

That doesn't surprise me at all actually. (I think)They suck, thats why i didn't link any of their actual music.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Elvis » Sun May 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Not quite about screenwriting, but I heard this piece on NPR the other day and wonder if the timing of US vs. foreign release dates might be influenced by 'spook' propagandists. Seems most big US movies now open in foreign markets well before a US release. However, some do not; could it be that those movies, served first to US audiences, are the ones to examine as intended as domestic propaganda? I give the notion a small measure of possibility, but I really think it's probably just about the money.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/18/152675144 ... e-near-you
Coming Soon — To A Theater Nowhere Near You

by Bob Mondello

May 18, 2012

The movie Battleship, based on the popular board game, opens today in the U.S. In most respects, it's a typical popcorn picture — the kind of effects-laden action movie that audiences often turn into a summer blockbuster.

And while it may not be any good, it is undeniably ours — American from the water up: a Universal Studios picture about an alien invasion, crammed with special effects from Industrial Light and Magic and set largely on American warships.

But there is one respect in which this homegrown sci-fi epic is something of an outlier: American audiences are among the last to see it.

Hollywood studios have started premiering big films overseas before they come to the United States, and Battleship is a prime example of this practice: It first hoisted anchor six weeks ago in Japan, then cruised into Europe a week later. Soon after, it steamed into Russia and Pakistan, and has since docked in every movie port of call on the planet except the U.S., Canada and Paraguay.

That release plan would have been unimaginable a decade ago. Then, it was a given that a "Hollywood" film would first open on American shores. But while the U.S. box office has remained basically stable for the past decade, the overseas box office has skyrocketed. And with most blockbusters now earning twice as much overseas as they do in this country, it makes sense to take advantage of scheduling quirks elsewhere.

The Avengers, for instance, opened here on May 4 — but it opened a week earlier in 39 other countries, because May 1 is a national holiday in most of the world — International Workers' Day. As a result, the labors of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and their cohorts had already brought in $188 million by the time they nailed down the biggest opening weekend in American history.

Not every blockbuster will benefit from this sort of thing. Sometimes it's good for a film to open here and get an international buzz going before it heads overseas.

The Hunger Games, for instance, might have benefited internationally had it waited a week or two for the enormous U.S. grosses to raise the film's profile. Here, with the books best-sellers and the pre-opening hype enormous, everybody wanted to see it. But, at least initially, that didn't happen overseas, and it played mostly to its teen fan base.

As the animated film Rio established last spring around this time, the reverse can also happen. Rio, about a blue macaw who had only ever known life in a cage, opened overseas first and had that weekend's biggest opening worldwide. The American media picked up on the film's success, and a kid flick that had been struggling to make an impression domestically ended up opening a good deal better than Hollywood observers expected.

Kid flicks are especially likely to adjust their schedules overseas, since our school holidays don't match up with those in other countries that don't celebrate, say, Thanksgiving. This summer, Ice Age: Continental Drift will drift to the continents of Europe, Latin America and Australia two weeks before opening here.

And pictures for older audiences, too: The Amazing Spider-Man will amaze Japan and New Zealand five days before it amazes the U.S. And if you positively can't wait to see Ridley Scott's prequel to Alien, Prometheus, you'll want to book a flight to Europe.

Prometheus will open a week early in Europe to get ahead of soccer's Eurocup finals, which the studio figures will be a huge distraction to young males, the film's target audience.

If you're desperate to see the new Bourne movie, on the other hand — the first one without Matt Damon — stay right where you are. The plot of The Bourne Legacy may globe-trot all over, but it will open in the U.S. on Aug. 3 — and won't reach most of the locations where it was shot until almost a month later.

:shrug:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 am

Oh, one other thing...

By amazing coincidence, and I'm sure someone else with the benefit of strawberries and snuggles maybe can help me out here - gee I just love strawberries but I can't eat them because they give me a terrible case of hives kind of a hive mind problem ain't that a shame you go ahead and enjoy them - oh, what I meant to bring up was that tonight of all nights... National Propaganda Radio chose to rerun their 'To the Best of Our Knowledge' show about television propaganda in the USSR and how 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' was really about politics, specifically Communism!
Isn't that somethin'? Can you even imagine tellin' people such a thing? I feel for all those smeared creatives with lovely grandkids who give us these pretty pictures and then to hear somethin' like that. What would be the point of trying to stoke people's fears with a movie? Who would benefit?
Well, don't that beat all. Sorry to bother you. You go on about your business. Those strawberries they look just great - No, don't get up I apologize for the intrusion. I'll show myself out.

But If anything happens to pop into your mind, here's my card-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hoover
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby barracuda » Mon May 21, 2012 12:55 am

Strange, I always thought Invasion of the Body Snatchers was about...

...McCarthyism.
barracuda

Postby peartreed » Mon May 21, 2012 2:10 am

He can’t leave. He can’t help himself. Any attention, especially involving humanity, has to be turned around to focus back on him.

And he has to mock others’ honest, personal revelations to cover his own desperate insecurity.

Thread/ Keyword/Attention Hijacking

It's too futile and frustrating trying to keep the focus on intelligent analysis.

So I’ll just turn this thread over to him and return to what I should have kept a private life.

All the best to the rest of you.

peartreed
peartreed

Postby Elvis » Mon May 21, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks a LOT, Hugh.

:evil:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Peregrine » Mon May 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
By amazing coincidence, and I'm sure someone else with the benefit of strawberries and snuggles maybe can help me out here - gee I just love strawberries but I can't eat them because they give me a terrible case of hives kind of a hive mind problem ain't that a shame you go ahead and enjoy them - oh, what I meant to bring up was that tonight of all nights... National Propaganda Radio chose to rerun their 'To the Best of Our Knowledge' show about television propaganda in the USSR and how 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' was really about politics, specifically Communism!
Isn't that somethin'? Can you even imagine tellin' people such a thing? I feel for all those smeared creatives with lovely grandkids who give us these pretty pictures and then to hear somethin' like that. What would be the point of trying to stoke people's fears with a movie? Who would benefit?
[i]Well, don't that beat all. Sorry to bother you. You go on about your business. Those strawberries they look just great - No, don't get up I apologize for the intrusion.

I'm gonna go off topic here & not be a mod for a moment. Because that above just had me shaking my head. You know what Hugh? I feel really sorry for you. You getting all sarcastic there about peartreed eating strawberries with his grandkids. Good on him for stepping out of this & enjoying the simplicities. You are so consumed by this bullshit (not that this bullshit has no merit), you can't even enjoy little delights like that, you have to shit on someone who does. Do you ever live life outside these theories (whether actual or not)?
Personally? I think this world is going to shit. I feel it's inevitable (I apologize to any who see my view as pessimistic or losing hope, or not being active enough, it actually isn't, from my perspective). I don't even care to worry anymore if what you propose is actually real or not, or who the powers that be actually are, or if we're gonna bomb ourselves into extinction. I'm going to take the time to take each day as it comes. I might not have a job tomorrow or have a home. Things can change in an instant. I cherrish my kid & people close to me as much as I can. Fucking stop & smell the flowers & enjoy some sunshine on your face, it's spring, ffs & put it out of your mind for maybe 10 minutes, because one day, you may not have that opportunity to do it again. It doesn't mean leave your concerns about this behind & it isn't going to hurt your "cause" if you stop for a moment to enjoy life a little bit. I sometimes have to go back to read that post you made in the lounge about "10 random facts" to actually remind myself that you are a human being with some feelings.

I'll show myself out.

Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. :mad2
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby lupercal » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Peregrine wrote:Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Peregrine are you sure you're not shooting the messenger? Because I don't see Hugh doing anything worthy of a disciplinary threat. If anything peartreed deserves a stern word for starting a flamebait thread, by his own admission, several times, but since it's been interesting if not always civil I wouldn't want to see that either.

As for the topic: I don't think Hugh's saying you can't enjoy mass culture products like movies and TV, just that you need to be aware that yes, they're all fair game for propagandists, operating overtly or covertly to sell cigarettes, booze, or wars, and it's better to know than to persist in ignorance -- just like it's better to know sunshine causes cancer if you don't use sunscreen and strawberries can make you sick as a dog if you don't wash the crud off, and you wouldn't know about the UV rays or the chemicals if somebody didn't warn you.
lupercal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion